[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do gay people vote for Hillary over Sanders?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 950x523) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 950x523
>>
>>71782632
because she's gay and cucks Bill
>>
>>71782860
>because she's gay and cucks Bill

Does she top or bottom?
>>
>>71782946
both
>>
>>71782632
Why should they vote Sanders?
>>
>>71782860
Bill cucked her
>>
>>71782632
Because "Gay" people are now not oppressed enough to vote for sanders
>>
>>71782987
>why should they vote
FTFY
>>
>>71782632
Gay men have higher than average income and they don't want Bernie's tax plan, lesbians hate men and want to see a woman president.
>>
because any anti-establishment gay votes trump instead
>>
>>71783177
>they don't want Bernie's tax plan

Same applies to black supporters of Hillary.
>>
>>71783269
bernie is offering free education and healthcare, hillary is offering free money. obviously the ladder is more appealing to a poor black, the former to a poor white.
>>
>>71783218
>because any anti-establishment gay votes trump instead

If he promised to nominate a pro-LGBT Republican to Supreme Court like Kennedy I could see Trump winning 30--40% of LGBT voters.

But I feel like Clinton has the LGBT locked up due to Bill Clinton's long history of pandering to gay people back in the 1990s.
>>
>>71782632
Because believe it or not some voters are not single issue voters
>>
>>71783269
Uneducated demographics are more likely to vote for the more famous name in the race and Bill Clinton did a sweet Saxophone solo on the Arsenio Hall show in 1992.
>>
>>71783409
idk since you can't really pick out all gay people. lesbians are a snag for hillary(assuming they arent diehard bernie fans who would never vote for her) but i wouldnt be surprised if gay men were split
>>
>>71783450
>Because believe it or not some voters are not single issue voters

I think OP was saying that gay voters should support the more progressive candidate. However gays have long been part of the Clinton camp since the 1990s, with Bill Clinton sending people to gay bars to get them to vote for him and the first president to speak favorably about LGBT folks.
>>
>>71783500
>Uneducated demographics are more likely to vote for the more famous name in the race and Bill Clinton did a sweet Saxophone solo on the Arsenio Hall show in 1992.

I kinda agree. LGBT people have had a long history with the Clintons. Bill Clinton was the first pro-gay president and the president of the Human Rights Campaign (largest gay rights group) is a former Clinton administration member.
>>
>>71783374
Bernie wants to take 2 trillion dollars from the rich during his presidency. He is an idiot.
>>
And Hillary's gay support in New York isn't surprising when she was senator there and got lot of gay endorsements there from Democratic gay members.
>>
>>71783632
that's a non sequitur
>>
File: 143175272195322.jpg (323 KB, 1718x809) Image search: [Google]
143175272195322.jpg
323 KB, 1718x809
Tranny here but since i have a lot of gay friends i'll break it down.

2/3rds of gays voted for Hillary and 1/3rd of gays voted for Bernie

1/3rd = Middle-aged/Older gays who survived into that age and have eventually found jobs and shit and didnt die from aids and vote Hillary because they say bernie is too radical. Also people who only know Hillary cuz name recognition.

1/3rd = A LOT of gays only like Hillary because they dislike how aggressive Bernie and his supporters are. If he was less aggressive and say.... more inspirational-ish? in his campaigning he would of won them over. These gays are like late 20's-30s.

1/3rd of Gays that voted for Bernie voted because either they are more leftist or because they have a lot of economic anxiety(about looking for jobs or their economic situation is shit). Their usually 18 to mid-20's.

Pic related.

East Village with a lot of priced out NYU hipsters went for Bernie.

But Hillary got 60-70% of Chelsea, Hell's Kitchen, West Village(Where i used to live with a gay friend and his bf until i moved out with other friends to Brooklyn), Greenwich. because gays split heavily towards her.
>>
File: eating dog poop.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
eating dog poop.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
>>71783800
>Tranny
>>
>>71783800
Why don't they just vote for Trump and MAGA?
>>
>>71783800
Interesting. Do you think this also applies to LGBT people in Southern states as well? From what I read Southern LGBT people also went huge for Hillary. Is it because of her Human Rights Campaign endorsement?
>>
>>71784120
>Why don't they just vote for Trump and MAGA?

LGBT people tend to vote over 70% Democrat on average.
>>
>>71783565
Point taken on the Clinton camp history, that probably has a lot to do with the distribution of the gay vote. But I disagree with the assertion that all gay voters will typically vote more 'progressive' purely because the progressive candidate is more likely to represent them. I think in [current year] most candidates understand that completely isolating a relatively large subset of the population is not a smart strategy to win votes. Since nowadays the MSM is on the gay voters side, candidates tend to have at least a moderate position towards gay rights etc and because of this the majority of gay voters across the political spectrum will tend to ignore a candidates position on LGBT rights and vote in favour of other policies
>>
bamp
>>
File: scruffpollfinal.png (20 KB, 367x377) Image search: [Google]
scruffpollfinal.png
20 KB, 367x377
>>71784120

Because the LGBT community does not trust anybody that runs on the GOP regardless of candidate. Besides most surveys of LGBT say that trump only wins 4% of LGBT. While Hillary gets 57% and Bernie 31% for the primary (note the GOP candidate usually get 25% of the LGBT vote in presidential election but half of those are usually very high income and disconnected with LGBT issue)

>>71784144
>From what I read Southern LGBT people also went huge for Hillary. Is it because of her Human Rights Campaign endorsement?

Well if you want to know why LGBT don't care about her pre-2008 stances towards LGBT issues.

Basically they don't care and overlook it because they just like her as a person. She won the gay vote back in the 2008 primary over Obama as well.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2008/02/examining_why_baracks_mojo_wit.html

>Why did twice as many gay Democratic voters prefer Hillary Clinton to Barack Obama on Super-Duper Tuesday? Despite Obama's soaring rhetoric of inclusion, according to exit polls, Hillary won the gay vote 63 percent to 29 percent in California and 59 percent to 36 percent in New York. In tony coastal Massachusetts, Obama carried Martha's Vineyard (the Clintons' on-again, off-again summer home), but Hillary tellingly swept Provincetown. The compromises and betrayals of Bill Clinton's presidency ("Don't Ask, Don't Tell," the Defense of Marriage Act, and other more minor offenses) seem to be forgotten or at least forgiven.

>First, there's the record: As First Lady, Hillary marched in a gay-pride parade, and she has done so multiple times as a senator. She's supported AIDS-care funding and an expansion of hate-crimes legislation. And after nearly running his first administration aground by coming out for gays to serve openly in the military, Bill appointed openly gay James Hormel as ambassador to Luxembourg in 1999 during a congressional recess. The Clintons just seemed comfortable around gay people.
>>
File: 1435237827624.png (14 KB, 794x214) Image search: [Google]
1435237827624.png
14 KB, 794x214
>>71784627
>and vote in favour of other policies

ding ding ding

Gays and minorities vote for Hillary because their concerned that Bernie's policies will affect job creation. These groups you'd think would care for redistribution than jobs but they know that Bernie's policies will have a detrimental effect on jobs because of more regulations and bullshit $15 minimum wage laws that make it harder to find jobs.

Being a bum in the black and gay community although they admit it is a problem in their own communities, is really looked down upon and many in both communities because of the social problems being a bum bring, and they think Bernie's policies will lead to more of it.
>>
I think I can kick a 100 yard field goal with this bicth's head
>>
>>71784748
Interesting stuff. I wish they could break it down between votes by gays, gay men / gay women, bisexuals, transexuals, etc.

I would assume gay men tend to support Obama/Sanders at a higher rate than Hillary while she gets the lesbian vote at a higher rate.
>>
>>71782632
because gay people are square
>>
bamp
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.