[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a one month "isolated" cabin retreat by yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: tulip_poplar_log_cabin2.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tulip_poplar_log_cabin2.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
Is a one month "isolated" cabin retreat by yourself a bad idea?
>upper New England, mountainous region
>neighbored by others about 5 minutes apart
>so not really "isolated" in a conventional sense, but essentially is
>generator power
>running water (from well)
>nearest "town" is 30 minutes away, nearest town about an hour, so if ever in a dire situation it'll pan out okay
Only things to worry about are skinwalkers (lol) and the neighbors, but it takes an uber amount of paranoia to not trust the types of folks in the area.
>>
I mean no sounds pretty great. Just don't catch lyme out there or you'll ruin your fucking life.
>>
>>71778980
This is much safer than my couple weeks on a decent size sailboat plan
>>
>>71779062
>>71779205
i must highlight "by myself"

should i make frequent attempts to interact with neighbors, maybe go into town so I don't go crazy?
>>
>>71779313
One month isn't enough to go crazy for a lot of people. Go into town if you feel lonely. Once again, if you get lyme it won't matter what you do, you'll go crazy.
>>
File: 1439505162974.jpg (364 KB, 1280x1184) Image search: [Google]
1439505162974.jpg
364 KB, 1280x1184
>>71778980
Seems pretty nice. Leave your cell phone turned off, and computer at home though. I would bring a qt along too, while I was at it, but I wouldn't let her bring her cell phone either. Just enjoy the nature and think. Read some books. Etc...
>>
>>71779540
was planning on bringing v-drums; laptop ain't worth shit besides that anyways when there isn't any Internet

also, no friends who would accompany me for so long; I was hoping to befriend a companion out there and maybe invite them over for a night or two.
>>
File: 1459508280491.jpg (53 KB, 598x668) Image search: [Google]
1459508280491.jpg
53 KB, 598x668
>>71779742
Go for it. Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me, just be cautious and make smart decisions.

I think everyone should get away from the problems of life from time to time.
>>
>>71778980
Actually ticks are more scarier than skinwalkers.

Seriously, lyme disease ain't no joke.

Get some of that DDT or whatever shit Fisherman use to keep Mosquitoes and other shit away.
>>
probably going to be spending my days lumberjacking and hiking as well
>>
What are you going to do alone in the cabin?
>>
I think you should look for a nice and comfy house inna di woods with a reasonable commute, best of both worlds.
>>
>>71781364
Get as swole as I possibly can through chopping down trees and extensive cardio, read some books, listen to music, make my own music, expand my horizons in general, hunt, fish, explore nature, visit town every once in awhile to hit up a cafe and chat, maybe quad around, watch some movies at night time, roast marshmallows by the fire at dusk, drink, smoke up. That's about it, NSA.

>>71781638
essentially what I already have?
>>
>>71781978

Do you hope to become a different person through this experience?

I'm planning a two-month escape, but would be constantly traveling. Something tells me, though, that I'll come back the same person I left as.
>>
>>71781978
You already have a house in the "countryside"?
If so then by all means get a small cabin if you enjoy nature, but in that case i would suggest to go really rural with the cabin.
>>
>>71782090
Of course. That's primarily why I decided to do this in the first place. All that shit I listed is secondary to what I'm actually trying to do. Not really full-fledged "self-discovery" bullshit, but maybe just embracing a more feng shui approach to life. I'm 18, so I'm hoping to kind of streamline my perspective on life and my ideals so I don't spend the rest of my time on Earth living in the wake of my dreadful teenage years.
>>
>>71782292
Oh you are just planning to go into a cabin for a month, sounds good go for it! Sorry for the confusion im tired...
>>
You read Walden for the first time or something?
>>
>>71782444
no prob, I'm as confused as you are finnbro
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
>>71778980
>Not living like this every day
>>
>>71782478
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar_jH6LF27M
On the finnish imageboard someone bought an island and actually lives there (dont know if still) he had pretty epic threads, maybe the youtube videos are worth watching for you.
>>
>>71781364
POMF
>>
If you do not have psychadelics why the fuck would you do this

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/trump-loves-america
>>
>>71782292

What kind of person do you want to be?

And what's preventing you from being that person in the real world?
>>
>>71783039
At this point I want to be someone who lets go, and what's holding me back is the fact I fundamentally can't.

I don't expect this experience to change me. But perhaps it'll give me the tools necessary to do so.
>>
>>71783149

Fair enough.

Being alone for an extended period of time, you'll have to pursue something creative in order to pass the time. What do you plan to create?
>>
>>71781978
>>>reddit
>>
>>71783300
see
>>71779742

music
>>
>>71782774
looks nice
>>
>>71778980
I live in such a place. i like to walk around buck naked some days.
>>
>>71783778
I live in a trailer and walk around naked everyday.
>>
>one month

I've been an isolated recluse for like 4 years straight now.
>>
They call it 'cabin fever' for a reason. Just don't bring any guns with you, for everyone else's sake.
>>
I used to work out in the bush for months at a time, usually alone. Often in areas where I was probably the first human to ever walk.

An absence of civilization is good for reminding you why we bothered to build it.
>>
>>71783928
>Go to a remote cabin out in the middle of the woods
>Don't bring a gun
You might as well just slather yourself in salmon and honey and wait for the bears.
>>
>>71784217
That, too, works as a good suicide method for when he finally snaps, but if that's what he's going for then he should bring the gun.
>>
>>71783852
I'm glad i don't live in a trailer park.
>>
>>71778980
Leave all of your electronics at home, take enough supplies with you for the duration of your trip, avoid going in to town or interacting with the neighbors. Try not to speak for the whole 30 days.
The silence is deafening, but it will open your eyes to pieces of yourself you didn't know existed.
>>
>>71778980

http://workaway.info/

Search for Iceland/Norway/Sweden.

Plenty of ''isolated'' places there where you can find nice people and learn much if you're willing to.
>>
>>71779742
nice, i like the idea
i think neal peart did something similar in the early 00's he swore by it
>>
>>71778980
OP. I want you to listen to this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh1yKqsnulY

we will be reading about you missing...
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.