[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Other countries are legalizing pot on the federal level >Thus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: dZBa6EQnbnsHe.gif (2 MB, 255x334) Image search: [Google]
dZBa6EQnbnsHe.gif
2 MB, 255x334
>Other countries are legalizing pot on the federal level
>Thus America should too

What's wrong with state-by-state?

>Oh but why is it that I can go in one state and smoke legally and go in another and be arrested or fined $400 for it

States rights. Just because it's 2016 doesn't mean shit. States are still their own closed terrorities. Sure they all have your McDonald's but you need to start appreciating state rights.

Why shouldn't we?
>>
By legalizing cannabis on the federal level, it paves the way for the possibility of state to state regulation.

Because cannabis is a federal crime to distribute and smoke, even if it is "legalized" recreationally in states, Federal law can still be used to penalize and ultimately arrest anybody distributing or using it.

By legalizing it Federally, it isn't necessarily saying it's mandatory for all states. It's simply saying that States can now enforce it as they will, which I can deeply respect.

New York is much different from Utah culturally.
Those differences and values should be reflected and respected with their law.
>>
>>71777242
this
>>
Weak ass fucking hit grandma shit why do I always give you greens you just waste that shit every time I payed $15 a gram for that OG...shit
Can't even clear it now I have to finish this musty ass hit...fuckin grandma
>>
>>71777242
too bad gay marriage was forced on every state im sure many things in the future will be the same.
>>
>>71777459
Her lungs are like 80 years old give her a break man
>>
>>71777482
I disagree with the sentiment that same-sex marriage should have been pushed onto the states as a mandatory "right".

It especially saddens me that the Supreme Court of the United States, the lawyers who pledge to uphold the constitution, gave in to an agenda instead of looking at the constitution.

Even a Highschool student who took a government course would figure out that marriage was an issue that was supposed to be left up to the states, not the federal government.
>>
Its not a federal issue. The constitution doesnt give the federal government the power to do anything weed related other than if we were trading it with other nations.

That ship has long since sailed. Mandating by law that the federal government fuck off in this regard, then leaving it up to the states is the proper action.

Even if it was federally a-ok, I doubt you'd see more than a handful of states that would legalize in the next decade.
>>
It's 2016, weed must be legalized
>>
>>71777854
Most North Eastern and West Coast states would legalize it.

Along the Bible-Belt and the South, the religious and culturally "anti-hippie" populations would most likely sneer at the thought of legal marijuana.
>>
>>71777822
because your life has changed so much now that the fags can marry huh?
>>
>>71776694
As i non-pot smoker i find this struggle amusing and love it when stoners get fored for failing piss tests.
>>
>>71779347
The decision alone doesn't affect me directly.

However, the decision itself; in which the Supreme Court can disregard something stated specifically within the constitution to further an agenda, is what can drastically affect American life.

For instance, what if the Supreme Court argues the legitimacy of the second amendment?

It is not good practice for our highest Court to favor an agenda (from either side of the political spectrum) over what was stated in the Constitution.
>>
>>71776694
If you want to smoke legally that bad, then move to better States. It's not legal here, but anyone can get a medical weed license. (California)
>>
>>71777242
But a state cant stop all people at their border and search the vehicles so whats the point?
>>
>>71780033
id rather have lots of guns and smoke illegaly then move to california
>>
>>71776694
There are few reasons why we shouldn't, the real reason why it isn't being legalized is because it would effect the profit margins of several industries. Alcohol, pharma, and any industrial production that would compete with hemp products all have a vested interest in keeping it illegal. That's the real story.
>>
>>71780193
Why not come to Colorado where you can have guns and legal weed?
>>
>>71780138
There will always be the smuggling of contraband against state/country lines.

By keeping it illegal in the state, it reflects the culture of the state and the population's attitude towards cannabis. If the majority doesn't support legalization, it should not be allowed to be distributed, sold, bought, and ultimately consumed all with acceptance by the State Government.
>>
>>71777854
Does that extend to heroin, too? All FDA functions? I think the federal government got into marijuana and cocaine as tax issues. The feds "decided" that MJ and cocaine should be taxed like alcohol. Then they just started piling on enforcement and regulations. It will take a lot to unwind all that shit.
>>
>>71777459
came to post this exact post
>>
>>71777822
Hahaha, this fucking moron thinks he knows as much about constitutional law as a Supreme Court justice. You fucking idiot.
>>
>>71780390
because i live in utah..so colorado is only an 8 hour drive away and i have more fun rights in this state.
>>
>>71777242
This.

One of the Republican candidates, I can't remember which, was spouting that he would enforce federal marijuana laws on states that have legalized it. I can't see what business the DEA has traveling all the way to Alaska to point guns at people and steal from them with the full force of the law behind them. It's that kind of authoritarianism that is driving people away from the right.

Imagine the fallout if a Bundy-style militia showed up to drive the DEA out of their area. Might be a little harder for Bernie supporters to call them evil white bigots then.
>>
>>71777242

Us federal government has no constitutional mandate to regulate substances buddy.

They can't legalize shit, because they have no power to outlaw it in the first place.
>>
>>71780887
They might not have the right, but they sure as hell have the power.
>>
>>71777854
It's a federal issue if the federal government decides to make it a federal issue. If a federal law intends to operate in the same sphere as a state law, then the federal law preempts the state law and overrides it. Of course the federal government can decide to not enforce this preemption, but that's its discretion.
>>
>>71780797
Utah is a shit-tier state.
>>
>>71781076
>guns
>attractive aryan women
>innawoods
>muh mountains
dont be such a hipster faggot
>>
>>71776694
>Other countries are legalizing pot on the federal level
>Thus America should too

What is Peer Presure?
Just because everyone is doing it, doesn't mean its a good idea.
I mean, if everyone took a cue from Germany and started killing all the Jews, would that be a good thing?
>>
>>71776694
I'm not opposed to it a states issue, with minor federal regulation for the purposes of interstate commerce. I think it's ridiculous that pot manufacturers in Colorado have no legal way to ship product to and from places where it's also legal like Washington state.
>>
>>71779857
A majority of idiots could vote in favor of gun bans. I can see that con. On a federal level you can give a definite answer as to whether or not you have that right. State-to-state, you'll have people having more freedom in one state than the other. Look at California's gun laws, it's shit. If a state loses it's American spirit, the federal laws would always be the structure that ensures that even in that situation people don't lose their rights to a population of idiots. But, nope, "uninformed fucktards ruined guns for you and now you have to suffer from it". Sucks. It's the same with politics in general in this country, the voting population isn't exactly the smartest bunch.
>>
>>71780776
The biggest cuck ever to have existed.

I bet when someone criticizes Obama you say the same thing. "Lol do you think you're smarter than the President of the United STATES??? Pfffft"
>>
>>71776694
I like the idea of state rights desu senpai.

Liberal states can be liberal, conservative can be conservative... but the federal government should never force states to act a certain way unless those powers were explicitly delegated to it in the Constitution.

At least when you don't like how a state is doing, you can at least fuck off. Every 50 states speak English, your life is mostly transferable between states, this doesn't really apply EU states.

But I hate when people think its ok to cry to daddy federal when they want something fixed.
>>
>>71781404
And they also face big problems with federally regulated banks which have to report all suspected "drug" transactions. And ALL banks are federally regulated.
>>
>>71776694
I agree with this post.
I just wish Maryland would get off its ass and legalize. All these liberal cucks have to be useful for something, we popular voted in faggot marriage for fuck sakes
>>
>>71776694
>USA made weed illegal
>the rest of the countries should too
you are the reason its even illegal in most of the world
>>
>>71782621
Fuck, that's right. I remember watching a documentary about weed businesses, and they have to constantly be ready for a bank to close them out. So it's this constant jumble of their resources in order to keep the business operating.

Not to mention it's generally an all cash business because of those regulations. Which means greater risk and liability for the business owner.

How fucking stupid.
>>
>>71777242
how to: legalization, with anon.
>>
>>71777242
>DUDE DO IT LOCALLY LMAO WHY ARE YOU AGAINST STATES RIGHTS?
Reminder that the Slippery slope is real
>>
>>71780951

>what is the 2nd ammendment

Maybe, I don't know how thngs work stateside, but in canada, the govt is too weak/poor to actually enforce drug laws.

That's why trudeau is making lmao legal, because he can tax it and use the money to Crack down on small time growers and distributers.

Because some faggots want to brag about how canada is tolerant enough to legalize weed, I'm going to loose acess to my lsd and dmt. What a cunt
>>
>>71776694
America is retarded and left wing as it is, we don't need any more
>>
>>71777242

Fuck states rights. It needs to be legal and federally enforced.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.