[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is nuclear energy dangerous?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: akwsaut-Small.gif (123 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
akwsaut-Small.gif
123 KB, 800x480
should it be banned?
>>
>>71761353
No
>>
>>71761353
No.
>>
>>71761353
Nein und jetzt verpiss dich du grĂ¼ner Kinderficker
>>
It's only dangerous when you've got decades old facilities that no one will pay to replace.

Nuclear is bad -> Don't build any more plants -> The old plants start to malfunction -> Disaster happens -> Nuclear is bad

and repeat
>>
It's safer than coal, supposedly.

The oil barons got it over-regulated. Most of the regulations were stupid and just made it so expensive that they had to cut corners wherever they could, which made it less safe.
>>
It's only dangerous when used by retards.
It shouldn't be banned.
>>
>>71761353
No
>>
>>71761353
I see everyone is taking precautions against those austrian bastards.
>>
>>71761353
Nope, and shutting down Tullnerfeld was retarded.
>>
Leave oil jew
>>
Lets just invent efficient fusion reactor and we have safe and unlimited source of energy
>>
File: 1449094041308.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
1449094041308.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>71761353
No.
>>71761620
Hahaha
>>
>>71761353
Lets see.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_density

Now remind me, who controls coal power plants and the oil industry?

How much would they stand to loose by the adoption of current nuclear energy globally?
Or even worse, LFTR reactors.
Or even worse, fusion.

Nope, let's just buy the propaganda funded by them as truthful and avoid the only thing stopping us from decorating houses with tesla coils.
>>
File: nuclear.jpg (31 KB, 688x130) Image search: [Google]
nuclear.jpg
31 KB, 688x130
>>71761353
No. only super powers are able to use it properly.
>>
>>71761353
Germany should be banned from 4chan
>>
>>71761353
Probably the best source of energy we currently have. Efficient, 0 polution, employs thousands of workers, provides a lot of energy.
Just don't build it near places with seismic activity, obviously...
>>
>>71764583
>france is ahead of us by a lot in nuclear technology.
Well at least our defense contractors are now working on fusion power.
>>
>>71761353
Fusion energy is our true lord and savior.
>>
>>71761353
Of course it's dangerous. Nuclear waste spills are catastrophic. Does that mean we should abandon it? Of course not. More money into making it safer is the only sane way to go; coal is dying, so is oil, and fracking is just fucking insane. The only realistic way to power the world in the future will be a combination of nuclear and renewables.

We need to make nuclear safer.
>>
No, it should be embraced. Also - people protesting against it should be euthanized, since it clearly shows they have done 0 research and have no understanding of the subject altogether.
>>
>>71764713
small country with no gas or oil. thats why we have always tried to develop nuclear energy. 80% of our energy come from here.

USA and France are also the only countries to use aircraft carrier with nuclear propulsion.
>>
>>71761353
no
>>
>>71765085
>"Ammonia might get into our water!"
>"Insane"
>Chernobyl
>"More money into making it safer is the only sane way to go."
I support fracking and nuclear power.
>>
>>71761353
More people were killed by falling coconuts than nuclear explosions.
>>
>>71761353
We should have invested way more money into developing better and safer nuclear reactors and a better way to get rid of nuclear waste. But no, Merkel spent millions of euros on "renewable" energy. Most parts of Germany are now covered with these huge ass ugly fans.
>>
>>71767135
>better way to get rid of nuclear waste.

>ship to Australia
>dig hole
>throw waste in
>throw abbos in
>bury waste
>>
>>71766232
Fracking contaminates aquifers and renders arable farmland toxic and useless everywhere it is practiced. It is literally poisoning the ground we grow our food in, and you are a fucking retard if you support it.
>>
>>71767842
>Dish soap contaminates aquifiers and renders arable farmland toxic and useless everywhere it is practiced. It is literally poisoning the Earth we grow our food in, and you are a fucking retard if you support it.
>>
>>71767243
if you threw Aussies in as well, you'd get one sweet continent
>>
>>71768268
>nuclear power means oil is completely unnecessary
>nuclear power is actually safe
>fracking is not
Are you just retarded?
Anyone supporting any kind of advancements into petroleum is just stupid.
>>
>>71768268
>Dish soap
Literally retarded, and wilfully ignorant. I'm out.
>>
>>71761353
Less dangerous than several million mudslimes and niggers for sure.
>>
>>71767135
>Most parts of Germany are now covered with these huge ass ugly fans.

you make it sound like the aesthetics of an energy source are somehow important.

because nuclear power plants are so pretty to look at, right?
if only going by looks, I take the fans over that ugly smoking bowl of death any day.
>>
>>71768399
Who are you quoting, the guy who said nuclear power means oil is completely unnecessary or me?

>>71768570
True, it's not just ammonia. It's bleach and ammonia, heavens no we'll all die! No one has ever poured bleach or ammonia into our sewers in any of the numerous ways that can happen!
>>
>>71769189
You. Supporting fracking or any oil in any way is just stupid.
>>
>>71769460
Yeah, convince my car.
>>
>>71768976
> bowl of death
kek
One of these still looks better than thousands of these fans while producing the equivalent amount of energy. You won't notice the difference, there are already many factories that let out a lot of water vapor.
Nuclear energy is still the best energy. Even the curiosity rover runs on a plutonium battery.

nuclear fusion >>> nuclear fission > geothermal power > hydropower >> converting biological waste into energy > wind and solar energy >> fossil fuels > solar cells
>>
>>71761353
its only dangerous when governments INTENTIONALLY allow them to go critical, when governments build them in the middle of the ocean in a land famed for its natural disasters, and when governments allow crazys to run and hide inside of them and sabotage equipment
>>
Nuclear energy is the best thing ever

And it's "green" :D
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.