[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WORK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1458409811226.jpg (62 KB, 613x810) Image search: [Google]
1458409811226.jpg
62 KB, 613x810
Why don't we work less days/hours despite of the evolution of the technology?
>>
greed
>>
>>71753507
Because wagecucks.
>>
Merchants.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX9RVI0vaDs
>>
File: 4644.jpg (70 KB, 248x252) Image search: [Google]
4644.jpg
70 KB, 248x252
Uh, we do?

Also
>Spain
>work
>>
Cost of living has skyrocketed.
>>
>>71753507
Capitalist psychopaths have no limit to their greed.
>>
>>71753507
Speak for your self. Between weekends, holidays, vacation and sick leave I work less than 180 days a year
>>
>>71753507
Human labor is less needed, with more competent machines. Human usefulness have to be made up with extra labor.
>>
>>71753507
labor laws determine how long a full day of woerk is. anything less is part time.
>>
>>71754087
Yeah, most Muslims are professional welfare leeches. We knew that already!
>>
Keep the people busy and they dont have time to ask questions
>>
File: 1460965633045.jpg (62 KB, 780x467) Image search: [Google]
1460965633045.jpg
62 KB, 780x467
>>71753507
The 40 hour workweek has only been around for 70 years or so. Standards of living are higher than ever as well. What exactly are you on about mate
>>
>>71754227

sure is going to be fun when robots become cheap enough and can mimic human manual labor to a T and put every single labor worker out of a job.

I'm looking forward to it.
>>
The standard of living has increased. If you go live in a wood house you built yourself with no electricity you could certainly afford to work a lot less hours.
>>
>>71753507
Because
>Labor market is flooded
>What is determined essential living has bloomed into a huge slew of demands

Really, if you paid rent, and ate a basic diet, you could easily work 30 hours a week and live as an adult.
>>
>>71754677
>>71753507
Salaried vs hourly is the issue if you work by the hour then you can't just work less unless you don't mind making less money.
With certain salaried positions that aren't complete shit at least when you get your work done early you can just bail.

I work full time, and I continue to get raises, so once I've got a home paid off I'll demote myself to part-time but with the increased hourly wage.
>>
>>71755120
Better than paying rent somewhere would be living in a small used house without much land in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>71755372
It really does not change anything I said.

If you make a grand a month, you can live in a 1905 version of comfort.
>>
>>71753507

Can we get some Hepburn nudes?
>>
Because of the cost of the luxury tech we use and enjoy during our free time.
I hate your bullshit argument, it gets brought up all the time but faggq
ots claiming that native Americans on average worked about 8 hours a week and blah blah blah who is the truly advanced society. Fact is they may have worked less but they lived in grass huts and hunted for their food in a communal tribe. Go ahead and add up the cost of living in a grass hut in the middle of nowhere and hunting food with sharp sticks then see how long you and your tribe would need to work to afford that. You want to work less then use less money, you want to fly your drone around in a modern air conditioned apartment with ambient lights and hot water be prepared to work for it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.