[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is flat design inherently leftist? It seems devoid of soul and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: flatdesign.jpg (143 KB, 1695x880) Image search: [Google]
flatdesign.jpg
143 KB, 1695x880
Is flat design inherently leftist?

It seems devoid of soul and personality, just like leftists.
>>
>>71752408
how would you design it keith
>>
leftists are the ones that forgo efficiency and usability for "soul" and "personality"
>>
Function trumps form when you can't have both. Flat just works.
>>
>>71753306
I don't see how flat or complex art form would even matter in the implied functions.
>>
It's a fad, in 10 - 15 years we'll be back to crazy psychedelic neon 3d design

I don't mind flat design because it's easy af to made as a designer
>>
>>71752408
I think flat design is fine
>>
flat design bears a message of simplicity.
do you bring up politics during sex too?
>implying you have any LOL
>>
>>71752408
The paper I used to work at was super leftist and they were obsessed with flat design.
>>
>>71752408
It's also privileged and exclusionary. I just busted my cellphone in order to show just how much I'm not going to be manipulated by devices that are probably owned by a conspiratorial international cabal.
>>
>>71752408
what is your reasoning for curved or domed screens on phones though? it doesn't make sense. I guess some backs of the phones have curves though.

isn't the "soul" or "personality" whatever appears on the screen? I don't know about you, but I just wanna see shit going on my phone so I prefer a big touchscreen that is easy to use.

I think design philosophies like that have very little to do with politics and more with pure convenience.
>>
>>71755733
I'm talking about drawings, not physical devices (in which a "flat design" is indeed more efficient).

Google Image search flat design for what I mean.
>>
>>71755005
>I don't mind flat design because it's easy af to made as a designer
Webdevs and UX faggots have a good deal of talentless hacks in them, which is why they love it. Front-end webdevs are really only a rung above help-desk.

God damn I fucking hate this minimalist fad. You can blame Apple for this bullshit, too.
>>
File: fat nerd.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
fat nerd.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
>>71752408
You think too much. Try the herbal jew.
>>
>>71752408
I think it's the result of when a company invests too much into their design. A team will overcomplicate things trying to make it as non-offensive and appealing to as broad an audience as possible until after a year they produce a product that everyone can feel is meh instead of something that is great.
>>
>>71755990
minimalist if just fashionable now. I happen to like it better than shitty 90's designs but there are better stuff out there. It is better for uniformity.
>>
File: 1387188337986.png (366 KB, 1000x510) Image search: [Google]
1387188337986.png
366 KB, 1000x510
>>71756117
>Webdevs and UX faggots have a good deal of talentless hacks in them, which is why they love it. Front-end webdevs are really only a rung above help-desk
Well said, but thankfully it's just a fad.

>You can blame Apple for this bullshit, too
Yup, I believe this is correct.
>>
>>71754778
Then you must be some underaged that doesn't remember the days of early personal computers
>>
>>71756759
And you must be a fag to not realize how far computers have come since then.

And you know what? You probably really are an unironic liberal.
>>
>>71755990
In that case, I think it's just that way to keep icons in line. some icons may be easily misunderstood otherwise. that's the reason why you can't force it on braindead normies and half-retards then and thus they won't make money if the UI isn't for simpletons.
>>
>>71757057
I'm also not just talking about icon design. I'm talking about graphics in newspapers, magazines, and commercials.

This is all in line with the infantilization of western society by the kikes.
>>
>>71756117

>Webdevs and UX faggots have a good deal of talentless hacks in them, which is why they love it. Front-end webdevs are really only a rung above help-desk.

please explain why
>>
>>71756117
Honestly I hate modern UX design so much I'm thinking of doing Web Dev fueled by my own autistic lust. I'm tired of applications I work on have terrible bland design because the UX fag wants mobile designs on a desktop app

>skype for business
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71757215
>This is all in line with the infantilization of western society by the kikes.

agreed. "infantilization" came to my mind just minutes ago as well when I started thinking about this topic. but I still don't know what you want graphics in every medium to be like then.
>>
>>71757829
Just something not pastel colored or childish. I'm not saying everything has to be detailed, but some shading would be nice.

Basically iOS6 design > iOS7+ design

Modern colorization is a big offense too, now that I think of it.
>>
>>71756955
Technological advancements has nothing to do with design functionality. Flat design is the latest and most advanced evolution in terms of design.
>>
>>71758072
>Just something not pastel colored or childish

pretty sure the primary groups they're aiming for are children and women as nr. 1 consumers.
they have statistics for that and it's likely they dictate design and color choices based what these users find appealing. then of course you have old people (who can't see well anymore), same with disabled people who only see 2D or just colorblind ones. shading would complicate things despite making it all look more "sophisticated".

pretty sure you could search for alternate UIs to download for android phones that fit your likings though.
but probably not happening with apple UIs.
>>
>>71758202
it's still strange to see the diverging developments
when 8k is standard we'll probably be back at black and white
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.