[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Democrats or Republicans - No, those are the two options.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Democrats and Republicans.png (91 KB, 608x342) Image search: [Google]
Democrats and Republicans.png
91 KB, 608x342
Is the Democratic party objectively worse than the Republican party? Historically and currently.
>>
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 764x602) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 764x602
>>71750946
Meh at the end of the day they're both just 2 sides of the same shekel
>>
File: 1452504956493.jpg (16 KB, 555x288) Image search: [Google]
1452504956493.jpg
16 KB, 555x288
>>71751293
A cartoon?
>>
>>71750946
This questions just reminded me that they're both terrible, always and forever. What the fuck am I doing caring about an election?

https://youtu.be/SHhrZgojY1Q
>>
>>71750946
The Jacksonians used machine politics for patriotic purposes but mostly it's been a huge corrupt piece of shit.
>>
>>71750946

Which Party is Worse on (greater value means worse);

Voter Suppression:
Dem = Rep
Reps pass voter ID laws, Dems use institutional control to manipulate elections.

Economic (corporate and bank cuck) policy:
Dem = Rep
Both worship and can't understand banking and monetary policy, both work for corporations, both want to import 3rd world cattle labor.

Innequality (of opportunity):

Dem < Rep
Dems only pander, but at least acknowledge that only those born rich get any opportunity. Reps have been race baiting for decades.

Foreign Policy:

Dem = Rep
Endless wars everywhere. Any nation that doesn't want to prostrate itself before corporate interests will be invaded.

Civil Liberties (1st Amendment general):

Dem = Rep

Both want surveillance culture, self-censorship and free speech and information to be punishable offenses. Hell, even Bernie said Snowden should be investigated (though didn't say outright he had committed espionage like...well, everyone else).

Transparency:

Dem = Rep

Whether it's Shillary and her troll drones, Obama fighting to conceal Saudi war crimes, Bush doing secret arms deals or literally any political power in the US since LBJ, the general rule is 'Don't question your superiors.' Lest ye be punished.

Science and Tech:

Dem = Rep

Both have cut space program over the years, helped divert defense R&D into private accounts and left all new medical, information and energy development to institutions whose goal is to stagnate those very sectors (big pharm, Google/Apple/Micro/China, oil and natural gas interests).

I'm a Bernie supporter and people keep insisting that if Hill-dawg is the nominee (IF) I have to vote for her because of the scurry reps. I always ask everyone single one to cite a single difference between war-mongering, big oil and big bank supporting Clinton and any of the reps. The differences are minuscule or a matter of rhetoric contradicted by past policy positions.
>>
File: Neat.jpg (28 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
Neat.jpg
28 KB, 500x491
>>71752867
An actual Bernie supporter on /pol/..... I'm screen capping my good Sir.
>>
>>71752867

>voter ID laws are voter suppression

Nice meme.

>only Republicans do any race baiting

Classic.

Overall though you are correct in your assessment that both parties have been taken over.
>>
>>71753344

I think most just keep it a secret, but yeah, fuck 1% asshole, free education, stop endless wars, etc. Boogiddy Boo!

>>71753367

You may not like the homeless but they should be able to vote. At least they're just uninformed as opposed to the generally misinformed populace, which I see as worse.

Voter ID laws won't stop election fraud, which is all that matters. It just discourages people from voting and prevent a sliver of a percentage of problems, there's no point to it. ID laws wouldn't magically get republican ballots in Harlem this week, it wouldn't magically put 126,000 people back on the voter rolls and it wouldn't stop BOE auditors from changing exit poll data to 'match election results' all across the country.
>>
>>71753367
>voter fraud

Nice meme
>>
>>71754966

Voter IDs are free. How can you claim to know how much election fraud is going on without IDs?
>>
>>71755425

The burden of proof lies in supporters of the laws. There are millions of dead and dual (in more than one state) registered people on the rolls, but that speaks to how inept and dysfunctional voting systems are (which I believe is largely intentional, but that's another discussion).

In practice, the few examples I can find in which there are dead or illegitimately registered voters, when whittled down by clerical errors (two people with same name, someone voting absentee and dying in the time between then and the actual election day, people who have changed their names, good ole fashioned clerical errors) it literally comes down to dozens of cases of proven fraud.

The question to me isn't whether it actually imposes a challenge to the act of voting but whether or not it's actually necessary. In my view, it is not.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iRM1iN-3a4
>>
>>71756714

Gotta wake up tomorrow and stay awake for at least a few consecutive years to change shit. People sued in NY, people filmed, recorded and filed complaints, irregularities and purges, but the machine still got what it wanted.

People gotta stop giving up at the first sign of fucking adversity. They have to start keeping up, going to 2 or 3 public meetings a month and commit to 10 hours a month to writing representatives, doing a little activism and making sure that the popular position isn't just corporate media narrative.

And maybe you get together with a few hundred more folks and decide who among ya is going to run for county commissioner, city council or selectman or whatever the fuck.

People need to realize that you have to grind a bit to get blood from a stone.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.