[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's an everyone pretends they've always been really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10
File: 76766.jpg (40 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
76766.jpg
40 KB, 500x369
>It's an everyone pretends they've always been really big fans of a celebrity even though they've probably never heard any of their songs for a few days and then goes back to not giving a fuck about them episode.
>>
Meh, happens all the time. Same shit with David Bowie. Although When Doves Cry is a good song
>>
Didn't give a shit when Bowie died. A tiny bit bummed now that Prince's dead.

Controversy, 1999 and Purple Rain are solid albums. Dirty Mind isn't too shabby either.
>>
i honestly dont listen to Prince. The only song I know is where he talks about masturbating in the bathroom looking at a magazine...?
>>
Motherfucker overdosed on percocet.

Fucking hell. Michael Jackson all over again.
>>
Genuinely loved prince. So I'm genuinely like " that sucks " when he died. I'm not sharing a bunch of stuff on Facebook or anything though.

Eye hate u is one my favorite songs by him.
>>
>>71748924
Queen Bitch was my jam for all of my senior year of high school and if you don't like it then you can gas yourself
>>
>>71748814
>Prince is dead
literally who
>>
>>71748814
Prince was rebelling against his recording labels for the better part of my life, so I haven't been exposed to his music much. Seemed like a cool guy, though.
>>
>>71748814
The only thing I know about prince was that he was a flaming faggot who wore pink and purple.

>>71748924
David Bowie's death was a bigger deal. Not because of subjective music preferences, but because of that last album release after he died. Gave people something unique to talk about.
>>
>>71750506

Prince is supposed to have more than half a dozen albums and a hundred unreleased songs in the vault. Let's see what the vultures do with it...
>>
Dude's gonna come back and sue everyone that posted his material for copyright infringement.

Prince is the man.
>>
Never listened to him. Its sad when a person dies, but I'm not going to pretend *I'm* sad.
>>
>>71750728
Justice from beyond the grave.
>>
>>71748814
The only celebs I was sad to hear die was Billy Mays, loved watching him sell shit for some reason. Paul Walker cause I liked the FF franchise and the other movies he did and my favorite singer Tony Sly.
>>
>>71748814
Gotta keep us distracted from the 28 pages and Africans braving the Atlantic Ocean to """seek refuge""" in the United States somehow.

Sauce on the second claim, don't know why nobody is talking about this shit: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/04/600-africans-stranded-sailing-costa-rica-160421091642240.html
>>
>>71748814

I fucking love the Purple Rain album (except the title song, which is a boring af). Don't really care about what he did before or after the 80s, aka the best decade of all time.
>>
I've never given a shit about celebrities to any degree, I don't watch films and I don't listen to recent music, so I can't name living actors or musicians either. So you won't hear me mourning prince!
>>
>>71751141
I don't consume much contemporary media either, or largely below the average, but the way you say it it real-human-beany.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 801x801) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 801x801
Prince was a cross dressing faggot who banged the hottest women in the world. Ultimate alpha. National treasure.
>>
>>71750597
Yeah, but half finished and unreleased shit written years ago for random reasons is different then an album full of songs that the man wrote while dying, and he planed for them never to be heard until after he died.
>>
>>71748814
ikr. this gay nigger creature degenerate was totally 110% FORGOTTEN. KICKED THE FUCKING CURB LIKE THE TRASH HE IS. and now he dies....and every one is worshiping his filthy ass.
CrazyNN, MSNBCuck, Fauxnews, others.... just about every fucking "news" outlet has been doing stories on prince NON STOP ALL DAY ALL NIGHT AND THEY ARE STILL GOING ON RIGHT NOW. like this persons life was that important. gtfo with this distraction bullshit allready.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2023x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2023x3264
Paid my respects today. He's huge here in Minneapolis. 1st Ave is his forum. Fucker even has his own parking spot. Here's what it looked like today when I dropped the flowers off
>>
>>71750311
This
>>
>>71748814
The Finnish race has lost a great man

>>71750311
Kyllähän sä nyt Tuppuraisen neekeripojan tiiät
>>
I keep finding out about these artist after they die. I never really listened to Prince until yesterday and like his music. Same thing with Haggard.

WHO IS GOOD THAT IS ALIVE?
>>
>>71751858
The guy behind the cigarette brand, duh.
>>
>emergency landing in Moline
>Prince presented with "flu like symptoms, walking pneumonia"
>treated, then checked out and flew on to MNPLS

Yeah, aspirating your own vomit after overdosing on percocet will do that to do.

>Died a couple of days later at home

I wonder who slipped him the final dose that killed him?
>>
>>71752224
>WHO IS GOOD THAT IS ALIVE?
Two words:

Steely Dan
>>
>>71752469
>Steely Dan
listening
>>
>>71751742
You're the minority in that. They were still playing his songs on the radio the day before he died.
>>
WE WUZ PRINCEZ N SHIEEEEET
>>
File: facial.jpg (12 KB, 200x260) Image search: [Google]
facial.jpg
12 KB, 200x260
CNN has literally been talking about this fucking guy all day.
>>
>>71748814
I have never been a fan of Prince, but I acknowledge that he really did make Batman better with his music.
>>
>>71748924
I listed to a lot of David Bowie back when I was with the Diamond Dogs.
>>
I think the worst example of this was Michael Jackson, because a lot of people outright hated him or made fun of him instead of ignoring him altogether before he died.
>>
>>71752751
I think you mean Seal
>>
>>71752514

Name of a dildo?
>>
>>71748814
I love his songs, Let's Go Crazy, Kiss, Controversy, Purple Rain, 1999, Little Red Corvette, and When Doves Cry.

Even though I never bought his CDs, I like him. Guess I'll go buy some now.
>>
>>71752899
I think that you are twelve years old and don't know that Michael Keaton was Batman in 1989.
>>
>>71750142
Does the blame go to a black doctor?
>>
>>71752751
AHAHAHAHA

No. Every prince song in batman with Nicholson was horrid. From the art museum to the parade.
>>
File: Prince (2).jpg (13 KB, 235x300) Image search: [Google]
Prince (2).jpg
13 KB, 235x300
>>71748814

I loved Prince my favorite songs were "Smooth Criminal" and "Dancing On The Ceiling"

RIP sweet Prince
>>
>>71748814
>it's a >>>/tv/ / >>>/mu/ thread
>on /pol/
>>
>>71753054
Buddy, it's one of the things that contributed to get movie being awesome.

Also.

>You will never drive your sick Batmobile through a waterfall and have your butler serve you the most refreshing Pepsi ever on a silver platter.
>>
>>71750967
28 pages?
>>
>>71748814
Holy shit, it is annoying.

He really hasn't been relevant for years, let alone had a hit in decades.

His music is rarely played because of his retarded view on licensing.

Now he's being talked about 5-10 minutes every half hour
>>
>>71753317
He was currently on tour and just released an album... I'm actually thinking that the Star Whackers theory is plausible.
>>
He was a great pop musician and songwriter.

I was sad that he passed for a moment or two, but at the end of the day I don't really care. I didn't know him personally so it doesn't effect my life in any way. I don't follow his new music or anything.

It's weird but I can't imagine a single celebrity who's death will effect me the way it seems to a lot of people.
>>
>>71751742
Why don't you go and drown yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka?
>>
I felt genuinely bad when Michael Jackson died because I'd believed the pedo meme for years and finally concluded that the parents had invented the stories because to squeeze money out of a rich eccentric with peter pan syndrome.

When Robin Williams and David Bowie died, I mostly just felt bad for their kids.

>>71751742
>110% FORGOTTEN. KICKED THE FUCKING CURB LIKE THE TRASH HE IS

I actually remember seeing quite a lot of Prince dicksucking on kikebook and twitter in the past few years. I figured maybe he had a new album/tour but I never bothered to check.
>>
>>71752642
MSNBC, too
>here's political news
>trump
>back to hours of talking about Prince and replaying clips of interviews we just had 5 minutes ago
>>
>>71750142
I don't see why /pol/ isn't raging against his religious beliefs. He took percocet / pain killers because he had joint pain (which is pretty common among people who dance a lot). This could have been fixed with an operation, but his dumb-ass Jehovah's Witness beliefs prevented him from getting the operation. So instead, he became addicted to pain killers which killed him prematurely.

Also, so many pop stars have really fucked up religious or personal beliefs that contribute to them dying early. /pol/ should be raging against the stupidity and inanity of superstition and retard beliefs that actually kill you for the sake of religion. He shouldn't be an icon for this -- instead, this should be an instructive case-study in why no one should maintain irrational, stupid, pointless, unscientific beliefs about themselves, even when they might be really talented as a musician.
>>
>>71751628
If he didn't bang them he had the hottest woman dancing and singing for him. I don't know what was hi secret.
>>
>>71753647
the only one I can really think of is jimmy page
that will be a sad day
>>
>>71748814
Thankfully in this fag's case, he was extremely

anti-internet so I don't have suffer through motherfucker's reposting his damn music everywhere. Although Prince was one of the few pop fags who actually made music that I could tolerate.

>>71750506
He was a hardcore pimp though. Here's Prince laying the smack down on Kim Kardashian.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLP38moqC8
I don't really blame him for looking like a fag. What the fuck is he supposed to do when he's only 5'0 or something? He can't exactly show off how manly he is, because he isn't. He's wearing high heels in that vid & Kim still towers over him. Sure she's also wearing heels but she's like only 5'5 with heels on.
>>
The only celeb death that actually crushed me was Merle Haggard a few weeks ago.

>inb4 foreigners ask who it is

Country music legend. Johnny Cash tier.
>>
AUTOPSY RESULTS ARE BEING ANNOUNCED LIVE !!!!
>>
I really don't give a single fuck, the fact that I dropped my coffee today was more emotionally moving than the death of this prince guy.
>>
>>71748924
David Bowie had loads of fucking fans, very few people were pretending with him. Prince is literally just stuff your mum listened to in the 80s.
>>
>>71755693
fuck off child
>>
>>71748814
Prince died because he spoke out about chemtrails.
>>
>>71748814
I always saw him as a knock-off Michael Jackson when growing up, but I still liked his music. I was really young though. Legitimately bummed when I heard.
>>
>>71755519

What is the point of this news conference?

No answers.
Obfuscation
No comment

Fuck, Minnesoooota.
>>
>>71748814
I'll admit I was never a fan of most of his music, I just enjoyed his live stuff as I greatly enjoyed his talents on a guitar. I was really hoping he'd make an instrumental solo album of some sort.
>>
>>71748814
I respect him for calling out the greedy jews in the music industry, even if he didn't call them out by name.
>purple rain is a great song/album
>>
File: minnesooota.jpg (37 KB, 286x348) Image search: [Google]
minnesooota.jpg
37 KB, 286x348
>>71756210
gotta love the accents though. so friendly
>>
>>71748814
OP is an imbecile. One can recognize, appreciate and respect virtuosity without being smitten by it.

Example: I don't like most of the Beatles' music, yet I acknowledge their overall greatness.

Now go take an adderall or whatever it is that settles you down.
>>
>>71755467
The only celebrity death that mattered was Dave Brockie.
>>
>>71748814
Prince was shit and I don't care one bit that he's dead. Only thing that triggered me was people comparing him on equal footing to MJ. That nigger might have been a pedo but he was a damn musical prodigy.
>>
>>71753311
Blacked out of the 9/11 commission report that supposedly implicates the Saudi Arabian government.

It's relevant again due to the proposed bill that would allow families of 9/11 victims to sue the Saudis, which is causing Obama and Paul Ryan heap big asspain atm
>>
>>71748814
I was actually a fan of prince and didn't even know it. I love 'when doves cry', but never bothered to look up who did it
>>
File: 1449160508272.gif (1 MB, 800x518) Image search: [Google]
1449160508272.gif
1 MB, 800x518
Great musician.
Great showman.
Huge asshole.
>>
The difference is that Prince was an highly qualified musician
He played like 27 instruments, even just for one album
People like him, MJ, Bowie... They played with passion, I'm gonna give it to them
Nowdays you have singers which couldn't even do a slightly activity near Prince's level
>>
>>71757246

same. there's a handful of songs i enjoy, and i didn't know they were by prince until this week.

>party like it's 1999

had no fucking idea.
>>
I have met Lemmy from Motörhead around 5 or 6 times. He was a really great person and his passing left me in a heartbroken state. He was greater than life. I cried so hard while watching his funeral on youtube.
>>
>>71757246
>>71757616
How the hell do you even find music without knowing whose songs they are? Even if you hear it from radio the DJ usually says who the artist is before or after playing the song.
>>
>>71751742
Christ, you type like my uncle on Facebook
>>
>>71757878
A lot of stations play songs in blocks, so you'll have 5-6 songs and then the DJ will come back and list the sings played and who performed them in order.
You get in your car and drive for 15 minutes and end up hearing 3.5 songs, then shut the car off before the DJ comes back on the air.
>>
>>71750506
Well, I am a fan of Prince, and he definitely was not a faggot, or a nigger. He could pull off the effeminate look very well and got tons of pussy doing it. You and other retards that say that he's a faggot obviously don't know shit.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
>>71757361

Who? Merle?
>>
Prince is boring lame 80's shit.
>>
>>71748814

> Everyone is 14 and unaware that Prince was still pretty big in the late 90s.
>>
>>71751628
Has 0 children. Opposite of alpha.
>>
>>71759024

Music is more boring and indistinct right now than it has ever been.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP0wuwJBdMI
>>
>>71748814
Couldn't name you one Prince song before, couldn't name you one now. However, there is a logical answer to all of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4VrqWzhd5M
>>
File: concerned_frog.jpg (8 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
concerned_frog.jpg
8 KB, 250x243
>>71748924
unlike prince, a lot of people actually liked bowie including myself
>>
>>71760127
He did have a child, but he died at 1 week old.
>>
>>71754124
*tips fedora*
>>
>>71756297
He did. Two of them. Look for "Madhouse - 8" and "Madhouse - 16".

8 is the better of the two.
>>
Didnt prince become a jehovahs witness?
>>
>>71757153
Prince played all 27 instruments on his first two albums and was a shredding guitarist. Michael was a fucking amazing singer and dancer, not a musical prodigy, by any means.
>>
>>71748814
You can always tell who those types of people are by whether or not they know a single deep track. Most people who say they love an musician/artist/whatever only know the shit they hear on the radio or see on music videos. They have never heard an entire album or a song that wasn't their most popular.
>>
>>71749077
What about Life on Mars?,has Prince ever made a song that great?
>>
>>71753009
Conrad Murray strikes again!
>>
>>71753147
Thats a Rick James pic.
>>
I loved "I Would Die 4 U" from him.
>>
>>71753729
HA! I miss that show
>>
>>71757153

I feel like you have them mixed up. MJ was an excellent singer and dancer (an entertainer), but Prince could play a ton of instruments and was overall more musically talented. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y
>>
File: tmp_2691-MT201-01b-2072124269.jpg (37 KB, 572x424) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2691-MT201-01b-2072124269.jpg
37 KB, 572x424
I never liked his music but i really liked when he appeared with the muppets
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.