[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
48% Of Americans Can't Afford 400$ For An Emergency Room Visit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
The Fed asked respondents how they would pay for a $400 emergency. The answer: 47 percent of respondents said that either they would cover the expense by borrowing or selling something, or they would not be able to come up with the $400 at all. Four hundred dollars! Who knew?

Well, I knew. I knew because I am in that 47 percent.

Financial impotence goes by other names: financial fragility, financial insecurity, financial distress. But whatever you call it, the evidence strongly indicates that either a sizable minority or a slim majority of Americans are on thin ice financially. How thin? A 2014 Bankrate survey, echoing the Fed’s data, found that only 38 percent of Americans would cover a $1,000 emergency-room visit or $500 car repair with money they’d saved. Two reports published last year by the Pew Charitable Trusts found, respectively, that 55 percent of households didn’t have enough liquid savings to replace a month’s worth of lost income, and that of the 56 percent of people who said they’d worried about their finances in the previous year, 71 percent were concerned about having enough money to cover everyday expenses.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/05/my-secret-shame/476415/

What a shithole. Hey, at least you're free.
>>
>>71744628
Life is full of choices op
>>
Ha ha so true. Poor here.
>>
>>71744628

A FUCKING
LEAF
E
A
F
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/with-food-prices-high-middle-class-canadians-say-theyre-feeling-the-pinch-too/article29525334/
>>
They've never been freer. They've never been so powerless.
>>
>>71744628
...and 40% of the people in this country pay no income tax.

it all makes sense now

60% is carrying the dead weight of the remaining 40%.
>>
Trump will bring the jerbs
>>
If you call 911 an ambulance WILL pick you up and take you to the emergency room
>>
I'm poor and have over $40,000 in savings. I save 15% of all my income.
>>
>>71745236
...and in most places you will get billed later for the ambulance ride.
>>
Average emergency room costs vary wildly based on treatment, but a 2013 National Institute of Health study put the median cost at $1,233. Other estimates push it to as high as $2,168.

https://www.debt.org/medical/emergency-room-urgent-care-costs/

I didn't know they raped burgers so hard in emergency rooms. I always considered the Canadian healthcare system to be shitty but now I dunno what to think. What's worse waiting for like two hours in a non-serious emergency or paying like a thousand dollars?
>>
I don't have any sympathy for the poor anymore. All I did was go to school, and work a basic job since I was 16 and now at 25 I'm better off than half the country. I'm convinced that most poor people are poor by their own Shitty decisions.
>>
Starter went bad in my car yesterday, had to call in because no ride.

Get to work at my wage cuck job and they tell me they need to let me go because my poor attendance. I called in one other time. I had to borrow money to buy the part and replace it myself.

Fuck this world.
>>
>>71745449
Should probably mention that I'm 19, got kicked out at 17 because "I'm a man now"
>>
>>71744628

that 48 is mostly niggers, spics and whites you'd call niggers.

fuck em
>>
>>71744628
I wonder what percent of these individuals have expensive phones with costly data plans. How many of them piss away 100 bucks per month on cable TV?

No sympathy here. None.
>>
File: welfarequeenmyth.jpg (60 KB, 287x323) Image search: [Google]
welfarequeenmyth.jpg
60 KB, 287x323
>>71745415

did mommy and daddy pay for your college?

did you go to private school?

did you (honestly) find your job on your own, or did someone hook you up?

i dont actually expect you to answer these questions honestly, but food for thought.
>>
>>71744628

fucking feds should know that there are too many people and too little good jobs..

400$ you do know that people spend their money? What the fuck is the point of saving if it's all going back to Soros and the rothschild trillionaires? Life is fucked.
>>
>>71745415
Its sort of true. I work at a job that hires people no experience and will take them as far as they want to go.

A lot of losers come through, you get to watch people make decisions over and over that result in their poverty.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.