[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Electric Vehicles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 2015 Tesla Model S P85D.jpg (572 KB, 1280x782) Image search: [Google]
2015 Tesla Model S P85D.jpg
572 KB, 1280x782
Is the electric car the future? People say it could do wonders for the environment and general energy efficiency.
>>
>falling for the Jew
>>
>>71737332
Oil?
>>
>>71737265
>People say it could do wonders for the environment and general energy efficiency.
People are idiots. If you have to burn coal to generate the electricity used to charge the car, it doesn't improve the environment, it worsens it.
>>
>>71737332
>Progress
>Jewish scheme

Progress is progress and I'd rather support local energy plants rather than foreign Arabic oil.
>>
>>71737265
>electric
>future

Lithium runs out in 5 years, the whole thing is a scam.
>>
>>71737642
adolf, there are other ways of generating electrical energy than burning fossil fuels.
>>
File: tesla-gigafactory-nevada.png (615 KB, 840x485) Image search: [Google]
tesla-gigafactory-nevada.png
615 KB, 840x485
>>71737642
Isn't that a myth?
>>
>>71737953
Even if you generate all of it by using alternative energy sources, you'd still have to produce the means to harvest said power, once again cutting the benefits of electical cars. They are no better for the environment, they're just safer for the user and quieter for the population.
>>
>>71737265
I think driving on pure ethanol is the future. Brazilians drive on this fuel and don't complain.
>>
File: SolarCity.jpg (75 KB, 980x363) Image search: [Google]
SolarCity.jpg
75 KB, 980x363
>>71738511
>you'd still have to produce the means to harvest said power, once again cutting the benefits of electical cars

Bait?
>>
Tesla is off to a good start. If I were to consider electric, I would want at least a 500-mile range, and a common standard for charging cables.

I have to wonder just how 'environmental' these cars really are, though. Plenty of utility companies still use coal and gas. Rare minerals for the car's batteries have to be strip mined & refined, creating waste.
>>
>>71738769
You do realize that we are not running on renewable energy only, do you? Just because some building have solar panels doesn't mean we can just shut down all the power plants now.
>>
>>71738769
I guess he used the wrong word. There is however a energy-storage problem. Batteries are just too weak. They will be too weak even in 20 years. Maybe if we transform the energy somehow into a physical state, with a waterpump or something, then we could store it. But that would be expensive.
>>
I think that manufacturing the cars produces a ton of emissions that outdo traditional gasoline cars unless you drive them for like a decade or so.
>>
File: Tesla D.jpg (298 KB, 2040x1361) Image search: [Google]
Tesla D.jpg
298 KB, 2040x1361
>>71738925
You said:
>you'd still have to produce the means to harvest said power, once again cutting the benefits of electical cars

How is that not better than oil, coal, etc? You still have to produce the means to pump oil, mine and burn coal and so on. On top of that you have less emission from solar and electric vehicles.

How did you work out that equation?
>>
>>71737265
Yes, I am now convinced that electric cars are the future.

Why? Because they require fewer repairs, are less noisy and don't fucking have any exhausts in cities.

Or in other words, cities could be fucking green with air so good, you think you are in the mountains. Plus no more noise!
>>
You guys are lucky to have Musk.
>>
>>71739694
>not enjoying working on your car
>>
>>71737265
Meh. I like the idea of e-cars, it just isn't practical yet.

If you don't own a garage (live in an apartment, say) you have no place to charge at home.

There is no place to charge at work.

They still have pretty limited range.

Batteries need to be replaced and recycled every 5 years or so.

The energy to charge them comes from power plants that are still polluting, so I question how environmentaly friendly electricars really are.

The additional cost to buy takes years to equal out to your savings at the pump.

All this is not to say that they are impractical for everyone. Some folks may get good value from them. They're just not for me right now.
>>
>>71737265
yes. it's a good thing they stopped them from building that keystone oil pipeline otherwise they wouldn't have been able to build all the solar plants to make energy for these cars!!!
>>
>>71738925

Jesus Christ you are one dumb motherfucker
>>
electric cars are degenerate prove me wrong fags.
>>
File: Sunshine.gif (71 KB, 624x537) Image search: [Google]
Sunshine.gif
71 KB, 624x537
>>71742096
Are you just making things up now?
>>
>>71742207
That's not an argument
>>
File: Exxon.jpg (157 KB, 1050x550) Image search: [Google]
Exxon.jpg
157 KB, 1050x550
>>71742374
No one suggested that we should shut down ''all the power plants'' in the first place. Stop projecting.
>>
I don't give a fuck about ecology, I just want to get off Mr Saudi Ahmet wild ride and those fucking taxes
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.