[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the US military a bigger waste of money than welfare?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1454326125019.jpg (53 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1454326125019.jpg
53 KB, 640x960
you angry at niggers on welfare?

it's nothing compared to the waste of money i like to call...the US military, if i had my way i'd never pay a dime into defense ever again.

fucking useless, think about what % of your federal tax goes to morons like this:

https://youtu.be/l-YsSL65quM

also, here are the numbers:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/01/12/no-we-dont-spend-1-trillion-on-welfare-each-year/

---
also, the mods archived my post from yesterday bc they are pussies and refuse to believe that i could possibly be correct. faggggggggs
>>
I'd make the military the welfare, actually.
>>
>>71730596
Giving a lazy nigger free money only serves the nigger. Giving ourselves a strong military serves everyone in the country and the world.
>>
File: 1379182028664s.jpg (2 KB, 104x125) Image search: [Google]
1379182028664s.jpg
2 KB, 104x125
>>71730596
Most of the US military is a jobs program and crony capitalism in disguise
>>
>>71730716
what if they don't want to be served?

what if they start using your tax money to finance the research that creates chemicals that will be used to burn children and pregnant women?

what if soldiers are actually just as capable of being wasteful and clueless as an average person?
>>
>>71730882
this post
>>
You could definitely use the defense funds more intelligently. Even if it is still in defense.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-afghanistan-idUSKCN0HY2M120141009
You spent 500 million in planes for the Afghan army, and later had to scrap those planes because Afghans couldn't fly them or maintain them.
>>
File: 1431400116371.jpg (32 KB, 390x398) Image search: [Google]
1431400116371.jpg
32 KB, 390x398
>>71730716
>serves everyone in the country and the world
>and the world
>everyone in the world
>>
>>71730596

The military is actually the service of the government.

That's like asking if selling toy's is less profitable to Toys'r'us then selling coffee
>>
>>71730596
Soldiers have purpose and are useful, what do niggers do other than steal shit.
>>
>>71730596
And what are you doing with your life, Anon?
>>
>>71730596
the us military is stocked by the lowest of the low of society. These are the children of meth and crack dealers. The scum of the scum.
>>
>>71730596
>600 gorillion
>defense

I would be fine with a strong, expensive military if it actually kept us safe. All it's done in the last 20 years is convince millions of people to want to kill us while arming them to the teeth. At this point, we might as well just throw billions of dollars at ISIS as tribute and let them focus on Europe.
>>
>>71730716

>strong military
understatement of the millennium

>serves
in what way does the modern american benefit from the military? i've never experienced any of these benefits. to me it seems like giving a bunch of people who couldn't otherwise be productive citizens a welfare for joining the military?

>>71730882
yeah...how much did boeing or whoever make off the f-22 program?

>>71731319

>service
i didn't ask for it, and i don't think most modern americans would want it either

>>71731332
yeah for what war exactly? the ones we create by invading other people's territories? what's wrong with you? fuck em and let em kill each other.

>>71731413
i'm a CTO

>>71731897
not the lowest of the low...i mean you have officers, and combat pilots etc...they're generally smart people and educated. but the grunts and large majority of military are not so bright.
>>
>>71730596
I never understood this meme. You're comparing people that get up and go to work everyday (and take an annual PT test) with useless fucks that sit on the stoop all day drinking 40s?
>>
>>71730596

>GUISE WE SHOULD TOTALLY GET RID OF THE MILITARY

>AND BORDERS AND LAWS N SHIT

fuck off child
>>
>>71733576
they both eat up my tax dollars, i hate them both. but giving the military a free pass because 'mu military' is fucking ludicrous and you should be upset that they rob us for it
>>
>>71733828

i'm not saying get rid of it either, i just don't want to pay AS MUCH as i do in taxes into it.

i'd much more prefer to give my money to something that would further our society, which the military absolutely doesn't do
>>
>>71733941

>WAH I WANT ALL THE COMFORTS OF HOME BUT MOMMY AND DADDY TO PAY RENT WAAAAAAAAAAAA

you don't even pay taxes you petulant little child fuck off into a fire
>>
>>71730596
Both suck. The only way to fixing this country is dismantling the military industrial complex, as much as it will hurt at first.
>>
>>71734706

uh i pay 45% tax asshole, i prob make 3x what you do too lol
>>
>>71733859

Seriously now... even when they don't seem to do anything, the military stands at the ready and act as a deterrent force. If you don't seem to need them it's because they're doing it right.

There's a lot of corruption in public spending for sure and Trump seems to be the only one talking seriously about tackling it.

The military is also a jobs program and you can compare it to welfare, like most government jobs. Personally, I'm all for welfare of some form. I don't want people to freeze in the streets in a world of plenty.

But the degeneracy that comes with welfare is a huge issue. The west mostly has social problems now. Productivity is insanely high.

I'd rather have mandatory national service for everyone with free education and training than straight up welfare.

The alternative is more and more insidious social engineering that oppresses people and keep the few productive workers servile.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwR1-aRTyyM
>>
>>71730596
I like the fact that we can demolish anyone we want to and laser nuke missiles out of the sky with satellites.
>>
there is no way to oppose the military funding.
look at Obama.
He wanted to reduce spending and end wars (until he got elected)
They run everything.
>>
>>71735268

are you selling me insurance? sounds like it...you might not need it yet but when you do, oh boy you sure do!

i like your idea of mandatory service though. would serve them well.

>>71735365

right because that makes sense and we all need that
>>
>>71731897
Stupid people volunteer to catch bullets
Views this as a problem and not a solution.
>>
>>71736061
>are you selling me insurance? sounds like it...you might not need it yet but when you do, oh boy you sure do!

It's true. In the past, countries often disarmed after wars. It somewhat happened after WW1. It didn't after WW2.

The US was isolationist in the past, but now it maintains the world order. And it has made a lot of enemies.

This would be pretty hard to change.
>>
The army is what keeps your currency affloat.
>>
>>71730596
This. The amount of money that actually goes into the "defense" part of defense spending is a sliver compared to the amount of money which lines the pockets of the people who own the industries.
>>
The problem with the defense budget is paying a fuck ton to civilian contracters and private militaries.

Compare an infantry sgt to a 3 year PMC in iraq say like blackwater when they were still alowed in iraq the pay difference is disgusting.
The regular military not the research divisions but the troops themselves is the smaller if not the smallest margin
>>
>>71738214
And this as well. DOD sets themselves up for contracts to almost anything from maker of ammunition to the god damn stapler. They have to buy it from one brand the only brand. And pay it regardless where else its cheaper. Not just the military but other federal agencies as well
>>
>>71730596
Without your armed forces your country and it's currency is worth extremely little, though.

They are the sole reason you're a superpower, and spending money elsewhere isn't easy when you have as many enemies as the US has.

I don't get why you posted the video though, accidents to happen, and despite what you believe, your army is still made up of people.
It's not some magical entity who just projects force in the direction you want it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.