[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus why do people pretend to give a shit about someone they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
Jesus why do people pretend to give a shit about someone they don't even know. They're sobbing in the streets. Do they even know how many Israeli children die each year to Hamas rockets? No its all "muh famous celebrity died i'm sad for no reason". Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>71719681
Never understood why Americans idolize people so intensely that they becomes celebrities. It's a sickness and it makes you easier to control.
>>
>>71719681
It pisses me off when people who have never listened to or given a shit about an artist suddenly care so much when they die. Happened a lot when MJ died. God that shit was insufferable. Especially since the media had spent the last decade assassinating his character.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 500x499
>>71719681
>implying I xAre about some fag or kike babies.
>>
>>71719681
>Do they even know how many Israeli children die each year to Hamas rockets?
I know, it's not nearly enough. Those muslims need to step up their game, Israel is kicking ass in the baby killing department.
>>
so glad this shit is going away with this generation. "celebrities" have a 10 year window of being relevant nowadays.
>>
>kikes getting killed

explain why this is bad
>>
>>71719681
I'll take "what is virtue signalling?" for 200, Bob
>>
>>71719681
Here's your (you).
>>
>>71719681

Were any of them in Purple Rain? No? Then who gives a shit?
>>
File: 1461118452356.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1461118452356.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>71719681
Subtle.
>>
One is a guy who made people feel and inspired others.

The other are third world children no one knows.
>>
I've called out five separate people who were talking about this artist, all "oh what a tragedy, he was so talented," etc.

I asked them to name just one of his songs that wasn't purple rain, they all failed. What is this phenomenon that we only care about people posthumously?
>>
>>71719681
Who cares about kikelets?
>>
I'll tell you, none.
>>
File: 3746778998.png (342 KB, 857x482) Image search: [Google]
3746778998.png
342 KB, 857x482

Practically none when compared to the amount of Palestinian children who die from direct and malicious Israeli aggression, JIDF kike.
>>
>>71719681

- mass grieving displays social conformity

- public grief shows you're an empathatic person

It's mainly women doing this, and where men do it they're copying & conforming to the herd

Yes, most of these people had never heard a Prince album
>>
>>71719681
The way I see it is you actually have some sort of interaction with that celebrity. You know their name, watch videos and listen to music they've created. While they themselves might have been of little consequence to you, their work definitely has the potential to affect your life.
That being said; little kids half the world a way have such a smaller conscious impact on me. I'm not likely to sample anything they've created, nor will I actually see or hear them. They're just a statistic to most people.
>>
The Artist formerly known as Alive
>>
>>71719681
>reddit-tier moral high ground post #8974957304957023765609780957543
>>
>>71722171
The corpse formally known as the artist formally known as Prince.
>>
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 1334x750
>>71722222
Nice.
>>
>>71720571
How young were these people?!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.