[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does pol feel about Labor Unionis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
I know some are just wanting to line their own pockets but are there good unions that are legit looking out for the little guy? I took an interest in the local iron workers union and have done some research about them but it seems all i can find is people who cant say enough good things about the union.
>>
They are still needed and maybe even more so today.
>>
File: lambrightPLAN.jpg (121 KB, 1024x654) Image search: [Google]
lambrightPLAN.jpg
121 KB, 1024x654
>>71689735

Lambright loves them.

I'm Lambright.
>>
>>71689735
Private Unions: OK
Teacher/Gov't Owned Unions: BURN THEM REEEEEEMOVE THEM ALL REEEEEEEEEE\
>>
>>71689735
Once were good, now I don't think so mainly the public sector should be banned. The private sector could stay as long as they don't get big and powerful and drive the factory's over seas with unreasonable demands, it is a matter of strategic interest to keep and expand industry here instead of abroad.
>>
>>71689735

look at how workers have it in Denmark, compare that to the US.

Then compare unionization rates

Everything after that is basic math
>>
The only people who don't like unions are those who have never been in one.
I'm in an airline labor union and if ww didn't have this Union we would be making minimum wage working 20 hour days no benefits.
Companies are greedy. I'm happy to be in a union. We don't take advantage of the airline, and they can't take advantage of us.
>>
>>71689735
they're degenerate. they always end in corruption (well 95% of the time)
>>
>>71690270
This Slave is indoctrinated to believe that fair demands are "unreasonable".
>>
>>71690369
i have heard of people being in unions for 5+ years with the union collecting dues and not giving raises or looking out for the members best interest. Thats mainly why i was asking
>>
Union membership is at an all time low in US. Wages are stagnant and low. I'd like to see more Union shops. Union Machinist here.
>>
>>71690629

It all depends on the Union. You can decert and vote them out if they don't do shit for you.
>>
>>71690517

Yeah good thing we have those bastions of ethics know as corporate America to opposed evil organized labor!
>>
>>71690629
Yes there are shitty unions out there that are only in it for the member's money. My union is tight knit, so much so, that we know names of member's kids, we have outings, my union pays for a portion my college and dependents college, we donate money to other locals that are on strike so that they can keep up with their bills etc. All depends on the trade.
>>
>>71690369
I work for an airline in scheduling. Unions are OK. They're ways for grown men to complain about mistakes made by people who are getting paid $15/hr. They're also money making schemes. Bypasses for overtime are such bullshit
>>
They make sense when times are tough and the economies not doing well
>>
Ideally, unions are okay for getting benefits for workers, but there's a certain trade off that unions don't want to admit. Eventually the work ethic of all unions can be summarized into one word: sabotage. And it's a right pain in the ass to deal with people who are self-sabotaging themselves all the time in all areas of their lives.
>>
>>71690083
This. You have no idea how fucked up things get when there's a single all powerful teachers' union. It's hell.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.