[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the Free World Owe US Money for Protection?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: us-military.jpg (9 KB, 249x203) Image search: [Google]
us-military.jpg
9 KB, 249x203
This is not a bait thread. I honestly think many countries, including Canada, owe US money for the protection they provide.

Here's the background:
So, Trump was talking about foreign policy and the interviewer pretty much asked whether the US should back out of places like East Asia (Japan, Korea, etc) and he just said yes. I don't agree with this position and the media spun it as an ignorant thing, but what Trump was saying was that the US is bankrupting itself protecting these other countries. If they don't do it and the US isn't getting paid for it, why should it stay there?

You can make the argument that it's in US's own interest to make sure China and Russia don't run roughshod over these regions, but these places still get a lot of help from not having to have a nuclear arsenal, carriers, etc.

What do you guys think? Am I a kuk?
>>
>>71689291
no, its an investment in stability.
>>
>>71689291
They don't owe us shit. Usually we get involved in places for strategic placement in case war does break out. Creating allies and giving our navy foreign women to fuck during peace times.
>>
>>71689291
We just need to stop giving 79% of the world some type of aid
>>
>>71689291
Germoney and britain have healthcare.
We have a military.

Of course they should either pay or MUCH better, protect themselves. World police is not in the constitution.
>>
>>71689452
t. man who never set foot outside US or studied monetary policy in relation to foreign policy

wew lad, read an article or a book you fucking inbred
>>
>>71689452
Bullshit why should we have to bust our ass putting troops on the ground when you fucks would cry and beg us for help if Russia Decided to go Georgia on you ass where's your army? Why cant you help shoulder the burden of supporting your own army?
>>
>>71689291
Empires either grow and expand or die under their own weight. This idea that America should go to war for any other reason besides conquering more territory... fuck that. Trump is right, if we invade Iraq then we take the oil fields and colonize the shit out of the country because liberating them and spreading democracy is bullshit that doesn't work in our best interest. And for all the debt we accumulate defending the interests of other countries, it's just not worth it anymore.
>>
File: GoodFellas_ProtectionRacket.jpg (154 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
GoodFellas_ProtectionRacket.jpg
154 KB, 800x534
>>71689291

No.

Pic related.
>>
>implying the US does anything for free.

Everything the American government does is for their own best interests, whether it be strategically important for them or just raping the countries economies and resources, America always wins.
>>
>>71690719
Because you think you are saving europe from getting beaten by Russia, but what you are really doing is stopping europe from joining Russia in beating on you.
>>
>>71690986
Deal with it cuck you gave us that power after WWII oh i'm sorry i meant your queen did it for you.
>>
>>71689291
this is empire.

its just operated differently than classical empire.

the answer if we should stop policing the world depends on which principles you identify with.

imo: the united states is building its empire in the face of others who wish to build their empire.

if we dont do it, someone else will.

while i have a strong distaste for the elite in the way they treat us, the citizens, who most of the time enthusiastically volunteer to be the cannon fodder for their empire. i dont blame them for being them.
>>
>>71691270
to answer your question though..

YES

if the people of other nations choose to benefit from the advantages of US empire they need to chip in.

it gets old when you bring beer to a gathering and nobody else does.
>>
>>71690986
allies of the US clearly benefit economically as well.
>>
>>71690991
Like western Europe would ever team up with Russia lets be real. He would be on through to France in 2 weeks if the US did absolutely nothing.Whats wrong with having a strong army? doesn't mean we have to protect your asses. You could have a strong army two if you really wanted to. You had one before.
>>
>>71691183
Nobody gave America anything, they took it.

And what's this "you" and "us" you speak of? Like me or you has any say in any of this. We're all getting cucked by the elites.

But ya "muh America" "USA USA USA" amirite
>>
>>71689291

>This is not a bait thread.

In that case it's a shitpost. Sage and hide.
>>
>>71689291
I think we should start demanding tribute from other countries to protect them and if they don't pay then something bad might happen to them. I love the idea of running our military like a business and using it as a source of income. I also don't think we should pay rent for our bases around the world. We are an empire with the most powerful military to exist and we should start using it as a bigger tool.
>>
>>71691493
Yes I never said otherwise, only stated that any geopolitical moves by the united states are made for their benefit, not out of the goodness of their hearts to help others

Not that there's anything wrong with that
>>
>>71691696
Why do you think we took it we did it to help give you some time pick your asses up after you idiots started another World War. We didn't think we would have to keep defending your asses after a few years but you got comfy.
>>
you know its a bullshit thread when op faggot ass hasnt replied to anything since the start.

also... fuck st louis. hawks are gonna come back to take the series.

screencap this post
>>
>>71689291
you should pay me money for your protection - you know bad things can happen to your family and shit
>>
>>71689291
>it's in US's own interest
Exactly. If everybody was building up their armies and weapons the world would become unstable and various alliances could topple the USA from its dominant superpower status. Becoming the world's policeman was a considered strategy to consolidate power. You're a fool if you can't see that.
>>
>>71692112
>Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall
>>
>>71689291
Yes. Pay in resources or straight up cash monnnnaayyyy.

In all seriousness though it's fucking bullshit that we eat the cost of NATO and the UN while a bunch of Swecucks etc. lecture us on how terrible we are and then dance right back under our steel umbrella when Russia comes snouting around.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.