[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Spending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 16
File: Littoral Combat Ship 1.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1000) Image search: [Google]
Littoral Combat Ship 1.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1000
Where does /pol/ sit on military spending? Should the defense budget be:

1. Reduced
2. Increased
3. No change

Current spending is at around 3.5% of GDP for reference.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/MS.MIL.XPND.GD.ZS
>>
Increase just like The Big Don said.
>>
>>71686033
If the money would go to stuff that would actually make sense I would be for a slight increase.
At the current pace I would say 100% defund the military as most of the money is spend on complete bullshit and lobbying.
>>
File: FreedomEntinsifies.jpg (11 KB, 261x224) Image search: [Google]
FreedomEntinsifies.jpg
11 KB, 261x224
I'm in the military, We are pretty under funded. Especially the marines aviation department.
I'm in the army btw.
Increase just like the Big Don said. I second this.
>>
>>71686518
Better than our money going into useless niggers in education.
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 550x367
Like for my own country?
Increase definitely,our navy is bretty outdated

The rest is alright
>>
>>71686755

Why do the Marines need planes at all if we have Air Force and Navy? Serious question.
>>
>>71687314
Air Force = air superiority
Navy = sea power
Army = land force
Marines = all in one
>>
File: rk-95-TP.jpg (28 KB, 440x170) Image search: [Google]
rk-95-TP.jpg
28 KB, 440x170
>>71686033
increased x10 but put on the actually working weapon systems and maintenance instead of mumbojumbo magic planes or missiles that wont work reliaably.

Picture related, but its only our country.
>>
I think some of the money in the military should be allocated better. For example the marines recently bought a bunch of South African Growlers which were meant to be carried on V-22s. We already have lots of vehicles which serve this purpose. Another good example is the OP's LCS. I think overall it should be increasing desu.
>>
>>71687450
forgot to say "training" also. Training is like the cornerstone of a efficient army.
>>
>>71686033
Depends on the plans. If we just want to defend and keep influence decrease it. If we want to take over all nations increase it.

I want the best bang for my buck.
>>
>>71687314
In all seriousness most branches like to keep operations within their branch. It's pretty hard to coordinate things between branches sometimes and its easier to call in your own guys when being shot at than rely on the chair force.
To be fair the navy is pretty reliable but still.

Army owns the most helicopters and funny enough we own more ships than the navy. Not like battleships or destroyers but if you count landing craft and transport boats and bridge ships then we own the most.

The air force has the most special forces.

But most air wings from the marines aren't air worthy.
>>
File: ejercito.jpg (164 KB, 960x607) Image search: [Google]
ejercito.jpg
164 KB, 960x607
our military budget is 0.79% of GPD.
>>
>>71687769
So about a tenth of what one brit earns in a day.
>>
If the DoD could actually manage their money I would say no change.
>>
I think the current funding is fine, it is just managed poorly. We spend over half a trillion on military every year but it is somehow riddled with silly problems. Homeless vets and piss poor healthcare from the VA should be fucking unheard of.
>>
>>71687064
I'm all for a good military and the funds should actually make a good military and not some meme tier shit or go to a subpar product from the lowest bidder.

Atm it's a waste of money and resources.
>>
File: 1459384829174.png (1 MB, 937x962) Image search: [Google]
1459384829174.png
1 MB, 937x962
>>71686033
Kept the same, but any overhead costs that go to managing SJW social experimentation shit will be pumped into an elite meme R&D unit that will seek to codify the workings of meme magic and channel it to military use.
>>
File: 1460917106246.jpg (59 KB, 513x510) Image search: [Google]
1460917106246.jpg
59 KB, 513x510
wouldn't mind at all if we revoked our neutrality, spent 90% of our GDP revenue on our shit military and conquered the world while on a potato binge, with the other 10% going in to my bank account.
>>
>>71686083
>>71686755
>bigger and better than ever before
This is pandering political speech. He has said he wants to reduce the budget while eliminating muh waste muh fraud etc.

Military should be defunded. The time for brute force military strength is a thing of the past. We should still be number one, but Our resources should go towards intelligence, primarily.
>>
>>71687769

The tarp raincoat expenditure eats 50% of the budget
>>
>>71686033
Increase it.
The US needs to become literally untouchable and then it needs to bomb the fucking shit out of anybody it disagrees with.
>>
File: Born_to_feel.jpg (32 KB, 428x500) Image search: [Google]
Born_to_feel.jpg
32 KB, 428x500
>>71686033
Militaries become expensive if you engage in trying to manipulate events that have no good outcome to begin with.

The only thing the military itself should be doing right now is preparing to fight a 21st century war with a Great Power to both deter, if necessary, fight with such an advanced high end foe.

Instead of continuously stirring the shitpot that is the middle east and just making enemies while expending a huge amount of efforts, we need to have a hyper-realistic approach to foreign policy that accepts that groups receive predatory behavior if unprotected and harden political alliances and make our military an extremely efficient killing machine.

We need to get Europe to pick up some of the tab and make them manage their own security in this increasingly unforgiving landscape to hedge against two major things.

One, in East Asia to prevent piecemeal dominance of small countries by a powerful one, and we need to start paying attention to what happens in Latin America, because it is likely, although not certain, that the political dynamics between us Whites (and possibly blacks) and the Latin Americans will resemble that of the Kurds and the Turks down the road.

Unfortunately, we still have ideological rot preventing us from addressing these emerging threats as demographics are shifting and inevitably also determine the fate of communities and nations.
>>
>>71688763
All any country needs to do is poke at saudi arabia, and watch your leaders retaliate with fear of having their masters upset and burning the precious lingering petro dollar. Any day now.
>>
>>71688763
sounds like you have daddy issues and napoleonic complexes, fuck you cunts need to just disappear from the universe.
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (142 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
142 KB, 1000x800
>>71688480
>The time for brute military force is over.

Brute military force is me buying a tank and demanding you hand over your property and become my slave. It is *never* outdated. I bet you're a chick whose never left the suburbs.
>>
File: 1384971167446.png (833 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1384971167446.png
833 KB, 1366x768
>>71686033
the cold war ended retard, increasing would be logical if we actually builded fighting giant robots but your americunts make shit equipment like the f35
>>
>>71689884

What's wrong with the F-35?
>>
None of the above. First thisng to o is address the misuse of military funds for things such as:
https://news.vice.com/article/the-pentagon-blew-43-million-on-the-worlds-most-expensive-gas-station
>>
>>71690256
>thing to do
>>
File: lambrightPLAN.jpg (121 KB, 1024x654) Image search: [Google]
lambrightPLAN.jpg
121 KB, 1024x654
>>71686033

Lambright is going to increase defense spending to 8% http://lambright.com/defense-spending/
>>
>>71690121
in the case of the f-35, i'd say while the quality may triumph over other aircraft, it's creating them enmasse is the problem.. Russia evidently develops aircraft which are not only economically efficient, but would be just as good without all the fancy expensive gadgets like the f-35, which is why you fail.
>>
In the case of America. Left how it is but better managed. Reign in the contractors and remove the projects that have no chance of having any relevant impact.

In the case of my country raise it to the level where we can either defend our sovereignty as every nations military can. Or be fully capable of doing any kind of tempo operation with self sufficiency in a coalition.
>>
File: image_3.jpg (117 KB, 800x568) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
117 KB, 800x568
>>71689731
>wasting money on a total war cold war era military when total war won't happen again between world powers for at least another century rather than investing in post 9/11 terrorist fighting, infastructing stabilizing, and intelligence gathering tech
>hur dur ur a bitch
Kill yourself. If support this kind of shit you're a filthy neocon cuckservative and are worse than liberals.
>>
>>71686033
increased increased increased increased increased increased increased increased increased increased increased increased increased increased increased increased increased increased increased
>>
File: 1458620338443.jpg (118 KB, 566x662) Image search: [Google]
1458620338443.jpg
118 KB, 566x662
>>71686033

Reduced. The marginal utility of every new tank, jet, and bomb is horribly low. Basic economics, faggots.
>>
Tfw: not allowed sovereign armed forces..
>>
>>71691901

There still isn't any way to actually stop ICBMs. They have ways to stop smaller missiles now but ICBMs are still very hard to do anything about. Same applies to submarine-launched ballistic missiles.
>>
>>71691901
Except I'm not relying on nukes solely . Institutions deter war far better than nukes do. New tech will simply protect developed nations against nigger nations like Iran who stumble upon them.

Not to mention nuke defense tech is still decades away. The fact that the iron dome is considered state of the art attests to that.
>>
>>71692328

This. Only retarded cucks believe the military has made real progress in defending against ICBMs. Go read, faggots.
>>
>>71692295
You guys go a little crazy with your armies
Best for everyone to keep you on lockdown
>>
File: bar-chart-defense-spending.jpg (39 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
bar-chart-defense-spending.jpg
39 KB, 600x450
>>71686755
>>71686083
>>71690121

When did /pol/ get filled with a bunch of boot lickers?

If you are in the military you need to

A. Stop and get a real job

B. Wait for a real war to fight in so you might actually be a hero.

WWII was fought to save to save the world from axis control. The middle east is killing people for military contracts, fuck off.
>>
I'd rather pay engineers and ship builders than baby pez dispensers.
>>
>>71693937
>nominal amount

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/MS.MIL.XPND.GD.ZS?order=wbapi_data_value_2014+wbapi_data_value+wbapi_data_value-last&sort=desc
>>
>>71692295
>Tfw: not allowed sovereign armed forces..
confused-- thought abe passed a bill allowing you to now have an army allowed to basically fight on its own?
>>
File: malvinas.jpg (61 KB, 602x338) Image search: [Google]
malvinas.jpg
61 KB, 602x338
We should be spending like 4%, and all our allies need to be spending 2-4%

>>71687769

You're going to need to spend a lot more than that to make the dream a reality
>>
>>71686033
If there was less corruption the budget could probably be reduced even while increasing size. Personally I think the U.S. should maintain a home defense force of army/Air Force/coast guard of around 2 million conscripts and their officers, then increase the marine corps to a quarter million career soldiers. The marine corps should be used liberally whereas deploying conscripts overseas would be illegal.
>>
>>71686033
Increase for the Army. Reduce for the other three branches. Better yet, merge the other three into the Army. No sense in having 4 different chains of command. There's nothing the others can do the Army can't.
>>
>>71694207
R A R E
A
R
E
>>
>>71694207
Proxy as all fuck but still RARE.
>>
>>71694207
rare as tits
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.