[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think about spanking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8
What does /pol/ think about spanking?
>>
>>71683129
>spanking
>over and over
>spanking
>but stef she's your mother
>yes she is and that's why she's not FUCKING DEAD
>>
>>71683129
that op wasn't spanked enough.
>>
Lewd
>>
>>71683129

When done properly, it's a very effective tool.

Children aren't developmentally capable of understanding that they have to suck it up sometimes for the greater good.

Physical punishment is a good deterrent, but it has to be done with purpose, and the threat has to be larger than the actual usage.

If you're going to spank, never spank your child while you're still upset. It should be administered in a clinical fashion, otherwise you can give a child the wrong idea about what's going on.
>>
Parents should be equal parts feared and loved.
Got my ass whopped on more than one occasion, have nothing but respect for my parents.
>>
>>71683129
You mean between boyfriend and girlfriend?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx7s_N79nco
>>
>>71683129
>all this projection itt
>being such a fucking horrible parent and a failure at life that you have to use fear in order to control someone who is 50% genetically you to feel some semblance of control in your life
Wew lad , I'm glad you cucks are all betas and will probably never procreate . My future children thank you.
>>
>>71683129
It is wrong and immoral, also it damages kids.
>>
>>71683323
>>71683129
>>
>>71683129
Don't threaten me with a good time, OP
>>
>>71683129
Pretty hot tbqh famaila
>>
>>71683129
Got it my whole childhood. I also got beat so idk what that says about spanking.
>>
>>71683129
Only if necessary.
I never needed to be spanked, because I usually listened to my parents once they started yelling at me.
If that doesn't work, you should spank them.
>>
It's much better than 'positive reinforcement'. Just look at them kids now
>>
I have a stronger objection to braided belts.
>>
Not an argument.
>>
>>71683672
>Licensed Clinical Social Worker

1.) She is not a scientist. She has not data to back up this claim.

2.) She doesn't provide any reasons for why getting spanked is bad. She only says people who were spanked are more likely to spank. Its a braindead assertion that provides absolutely nothing to the conversation.
>>
>>71683129
Doesn't work I truly believe. I got spanked and I'm a half neet posting on /pol/

I think you just gotta raise your kids with good work ethic and good religious morals. Even though I'm euphoric, I do believe in 10 commandments and shit.
>>
File: 1460457554920.png (202 KB, 307x395) Image search: [Google]
1460457554920.png
202 KB, 307x395
>>71683672
>People who don't think spanking is a big deal are more likely to spank their children
>People who were raised to think something is acceptable are more likely to think something is acceptable
>Eurocucks
>In charge of understanding basic fucking logic

No wonder you guys can't get to the moon.
>>
File: Capture.png (35 KB, 878x283) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
35 KB, 878x283
>>71683672

When research adjusts for the reasons and usage behind spanking, it shows that parents who use it responsibly effect their children positively.

Moreover, the bulk of anti-spanking research avoids the most damning question: How can they prove that spanking causes children to become aggressive, violent, or disturbed, when they don't control to see if in fact, that said bad children are spanked more often?
>>
>YOU CAN'T SPANK YOUR CHILD THAT'S ABUSE!!!!!
>*cuts sons foreskin*

WEW FUCKING LAD!!!!
>>
>>71683129
I was a little shit, I deserved it desu
>>
>>71683129

I think its necessary for young children sometimes, I was 'spanked' or 'smacked' as we call it in Aus and have always been quite well behaved (except for 17-20).
>>
>>71683891
this
>>
>>71683323
Exactly.
Problem is most parents just use spanking to take out their frustration on the child. Or just to shut him up.
ie Dad just came home from work and is on the edge.
>>
Conservatively and consistently.
If you don't teach them boundaries at home, the spankings are much worse in the real world.
>>
>>71683672
>people who were spanked as children are more likely to spank their children

This text assumes that spanking is an inherent "bad". That it's somehow a problem that children who were spanked are more likely to spank their children. But in reality that's a good thing. They should grow up learning it's okay to discipline their children, and that they don't have to let their fucking children run wild like millennials are doing.

I'd liken the cycle to this:
>people who were read to as children are more likely to read to their children

See? Good parenting begets good parenting. Anyone afraid to hit their kids is a beta little bitch whose wife probably wears the pants in the family.
>>
I was spanked as a kid and I will spank my kids.
>>
>>71683425
nothing wrong with that
>>
>>71683129
>What does /pol/ think about spanking?

Sure you can spank your child. But it should not be a regular thing. Heck resorting to physical punishment against your child is admitting that you can not control it through any means other than violence.

It's not my job to tell you how to raise your kid. Just try to do the best you can.
>>
>>71683923
The argument is that the only reason why people up to think spanking is ok is because they were spanked, not because they gave it unbiased thought and figured it was the proper form of discipline. Essentially, they're doing it just because it's how it's always been and that is not a valid reason to do anything.
>>
File: kind-of-funny-spanking.png (45 KB, 420x294) Image search: [Google]
kind-of-funny-spanking.png
45 KB, 420x294
>>71683129
>>
Humans are intelligent and the threat of force without force ever coming will lead them to be skeptical of said threats at an early age.
Making them consider their actions at a later age is appropriate, but when you're a young child or baby you're not thinking with logic.
As a baby you didn't avoid hot things because you knew that they would cause damage to you, you avoided them because it hurt. Eventually you mature the instinct of avoiding pain, which in turn makes you more alert of things which would cause pain. You then later on associate this skill for other things similar to pain, like discomfort and displeasure.

While with pets the illusion of violence through something like a rolled up piece of newspaper being thrashed against them making a lot of noise but not actually hurting them is enough as a punishment in training, humans are more quickly able to grasp that it is really nothing and not a threat. at an instinctual level they don't associate pain with the product as it's just a threat of it and does not bring actual pain.
By delivering pain along with the misdeed they will associate it with the pain and instinctively avoid said misdeed. After a point our minds develop the capability to make connections between the misdeeds and then begin to associate the concept of misdeed with pain.
While it may be instinctive and subconscious, it is far superior to operating off logic. To take massive improvements in intelligence such as this and being able to finally wrap it into a person's instincts means right off the bat they're more efficient in those fields than someone who would operate those emotions and feelings manually through logical conclusion.

Using pain at a very young age and then moving on to psychological punishments while reserving pain as an extreme works the best.
The concern most parents have though is just wanting their kid to be a good person, which is basically just instilling the desire to please others into the child at an early age.
>>
>>71683129
Beat your children every day.
>>
>>71683772
this
>>
>>71684811
This
>>
I wouldn't condemn anyone who spanks his kid in a reasonable manner but I think it's possible to raise your kid without spanking. I don't mean that you should never use force but "don't do X or I'll beat you up" sounds like taking an easy way and it can easily backfire in the future.
>>
File: spanking-anatomy.jpg (186 KB, 705x570) Image search: [Google]
spanking-anatomy.jpg
186 KB, 705x570
Spanking is not abuse.

Beating your children IS abuse.

Don't let them blur the distinction.
>>
File: on_the_hunt_to_slay_arguments.gif (2 MB, 348x230) Image search: [Google]
on_the_hunt_to_slay_arguments.gif
2 MB, 348x230
Someone say spanking???
>>
>>71685793
>Avoid spanking genitals
dont tell me how to spank my wife or my wifes son ever again
>>
File: ohshi.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
ohshi.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
As a kid my mother spanked/hit me a lot and I don't even remember what I did too deserve it I just remember the punishment.

At my grandfathers house i grabbed my cereal bowl and was walking around with it like an idiot. He made me watch him clean it up and told me he hoped I didn't do that again....

You bet your spanked ass I never did that again made me feel horrible. I sat still to each every meal and was always conscious to not make a mess.

Of course 'explaining' doing something wrong to a kid will only work like that if the kid isn't fucking autistic.
>>
>>71684152
What if we do both at once?
>>
>>71683772
I got spanked if yelling didn't work, I quickly learned to listen to my parents and it didn't happen again. Have yet to go shoot up a school
>>
>>71683129
for the most part it doesn't work. i was the oldest child. i was blamed for everything. my father used to give me welts on my ass when i was young (like 4-8) then he started 'missing' and hitting my back and my legs. i eventually got used to the pain. i would quite simply lie there and take it as a child because i knew it was inevetable.

then i realized that hey, i was going to get the same punishment whether if i didn't do my homework or i robbed a kid at school. so i became a little hellion. because i knew no matter what i did i was still going to get beaten so fuck it.

i hate these threads. and /pol/ loves them for some reason. and i assure you that any of you who are for spanking never actually got it. or you are weak willed faggots that just gave in to pain.
>>
>>71685905
>spanking your son on the balls
Now that's child abuse no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>71686332
>not standing up for yourself
>>
>>71683129
It's hot desu
>>
>>71683129
>needing to use physical violence to control someone 10% your size

only insecure manlets would spank kids
>>
>If I misbehaved, I was warned
>If I continued, I was spanked
>I was always told why I was spanked afterwards
>After enough times of getting spanked I ALWAYS stopped whatever made me get spanked, guaranteed, everytime
>Grew up to be very respectful, never swear in front of my parents or family, always treat my mother and father with respect, work very hard at my job and now have a home with a wonderful girlfriend and some animals
>Extremely liberal friend never got spanked
>Any time I mentioned I got spanked him and his mom would always go mental screaming about "omg you're a survivor it's amazing you're not a serial killer"
>"YOU SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER HIT A KID"
>He walks all over his mom and she does nothing
>He is absolutely disrespectful to anyone he meets and she does nothing
>He got his ass whipped in high school for mouthing off and she sued the shit out of everyone involved
>He continues to mouth off
>He moved to commiefornia and despite getting a job she still pays his bills from here

I'm noticing a pattern here
>>
>>71686439
>stand up against someone who legally owns you

you wouldn't last long as a nigger in the 1850s
>>
>>71686332
>my father used to give me welts on my ass when i was young (like 4-8)

your father sucked at parenting
>>
Only niggers hit their kids
>>
>>71686611
Neither would you.
>>
>>71686766
You know literally nothing about me retard
>>
>>71684467
fucking rare
>>
>>71683129
Is very good. Wives and children should be spanked when they misbehave and deserve it.
But never with a belt or an implement like that, always only an open hand on her bare bottom.
>>
>>71686601
fucking this
I got spanked maybe a handfull of times as a kid for doing really dumb shit I don't even remember anymore but it turned me into a selfaware, respectfull human being who knows how to curb his autism infront of other people
>>
>>71683129
Its fine, no objects or thats a beating.

I got whooped once for lying to my parents. That shit did not happen again.
>>
>>71686439
what exactly was i supposed to do as an 11 year old? eventually my dad stopped beating me when he figured out that i was getting big enough to take him. then he kicked me out. i was kicked out 4 times from the age of 14 to 17. every single time i didn't come back until my mom called the cops to find me.

you motherfuckers come from a jaded little world. i went to college on academic scholarships. and i didn't even get to live in my own home for months at a time in highschool. my father once took me out on the front lawn and started a fistfight with me when i was 14 fucking years old. in front of not only my mom, but the whole god damned extended family. and no one did anything.

fuck you morons that think that physically abusing a child is a good thing.

what the fuck was i going to do? i was a child.
>>
>>71686815
What do you touch yourself to? Serious question.
>>
>>71687079
consensual missionary sex with the optional purpose of procreation between a white man and woman
>>
>>71687045
literally kicked out or ran away because something?
>>
>>71687045
That sucks dude, but in most normal families when kida get spanked its 1 or 2 times, and cause they did something that could kill them. Anything else is retarded.
>>
>>71687045
there is a clear difference between getting a belt once during a red moon for fucking up as a child and having an abusive shitstain of a dumbfuck father... nobody defends that
>>
>>71686601
>>71686884
you faggots literally caved in to physical pain over what you wanted to do. you are not heroes. you are the reason the world is shit. because a little physical pain changes how you think.
>>
>>71687292
>why didn't that 5 year old just kick his dad's ass?
>>
>>71685793
>avoiding spanking genitals
Yeah, her kitty is for petting, not hitting.
>>
It is a great girlfriend management technique. Very naughty and sensual. I don't think I would date a girl who didn't like spanking.
>>
>>71683129

My girlfriend loves it. Especially when I use my belt.
I think it great! Keep spanking your kids. I
n 10 years, when this bitch is all dried up, it'll be nice to know I can get another one just like her.
>>
>>71687182
kicked out every single time. mom said i ran away every time she called the cops. but every single time my father literally threw me a bag full of clothes out on the front lawn and said "don't come back".

you would have think by the 4th fucking time he would have smartened up and that i wasn't coming back until they called the cops to find me...

he wasn't a smart man.

i feel sorry for my mom, because she is a smart woman that has stuck by him all these years, but then i don't. because she used to plug her ears and let him beat the ever living shit out of me.

supposedly they are rich now. i haven't talked to either of them in years, except once i was visiting my grandma and my mom walked in. i said 'hello mother' and walked right the fuck out.
>>
>>71687292
>haha I want to do absolutely retarded, dumbfuck shit straight outta dumbfuckistan as a kid who doesnt understand shit
>looking back at it the punishment was undeserved, yes

said nobody ever
>>
Children who are spanked are less likely to do well in school, more likely to substance abuse, have mental health problems, and cause crime. It's a nigger-tier way to teach your children how to behave and shows that you've failed as a parent, only getting your children to obey you out of fear.
>>
Spanking is a meme for unintelligent, shit parents.
I was never hit once and never had any discipline issues. Parents who need to resort violence against their children are failures who don't deserve children.
>>
>>71683129
i thought it was a fancy snake in the thumbnail
>>
"Kids don't understand a talking to, but they do understand a whippin"
>>
>>71687805
is that what you meant to type? i don't understand the idea you are trying to convey. people everywhere think they are wronged. hell maybe i am just a faggot who should have gotten beaten even more. one time i had to live in the garage in my underwear for 2 days in january without food. i used a silicone rug as a blanket. i was probably 12. but yea, i deserved that.

if my father heard me eating i was forced to eat my dinner outside out of a dog bowl. but yea i deserved that.

the worst part about it is EVERYONE knew it was happening and no one did anything about it. yea i deserved that.

i might have been an insufferable little shit. yea i was a bully and i liked to fight and i stole shit. but that was because i got the same punishment no matter what i did.

if you beat your kids and one of your kids turns out to be intelligent enough to realize that beating is the worst thing you can do, i pitty you. because you will have a little me on your hands.
>>
>>71683978
>good religious morals
fuck right off.You don't need to believe in a god to be a good person.
>>
>>71683129
What is with the cucks and betas that were never man enough to do shit deserving of a spanking? If you didn't get spanked, you are probably a bitch. It isn't your parent's fault you weren't spanked, it is yours. If your dad didn't spank you that is probably because he caught you trying on your sister's clothes and realized he couldn't spank you because you might like it too much.
>>
>>71688752
It does sound to me like you were abused.

That doesn't mean that every parent who spanks is abusive.

NEVER spanking is probably abusive too. When the little shit tries to run out in the road and kill himself you swat his butt and make it sting to keep him from doing it again, and it actually works.

Beatings like you described are not even the same thing.
>>
>>71688752
nigger i told you having a retard of a father is a completely different thing than getting spanked with a belt for cussing regulary at young age
>>
>>71683129
My domme spanked me until I cried recently. I loved it.
>>
>>71683978
>Even though I'm euphoric, I do believe in 10 commandments and shit.
This is a little contradictory. The first two are about idolatry, the third is about not taking god's name in vain and the fourth is about keeping the sabbath. Almost half of the 10 aren't even moral rules and are just about God.
>>
>>71683129
I got my shit whipped so fucking hard with a belt and now I'm a literal faggot neet loser

good shit desu lol
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.