[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
redpill me on alexaders greece indians invited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: diogenes-and-alexander.jpg (450 KB, 1280x1032) Image search: [Google]
diogenes-and-alexander.jpg
450 KB, 1280x1032
redpill me on alexaders greece

indians invited
>>
>>71676040
>What do you wish for? Anything you want, Diogenes.
>You're blocking my light.
>>
also in b4 his

>>71676186
big D was a real one desu
>>
File: Diogenes.jpg (350 KB, 1800x1322) Image search: [Google]
Diogenes.jpg
350 KB, 1800x1322
>>71676040
Here you go OP.
>>
>>71676040
Fucks up Persia, but pays homage to Cyrus, so he's ok in my book
>>
Diogenes was always jealous of Plato's close relationship with Socrates, even though Diogenes thought that he understood Socrates' philosophy better than Plato. So his whole live was a sort of depressed grumpy life orbiting Plato and trying to bring him down. In the end who's really to say which one of them was the best disciple of Socrates.

Either way it's Socrates who was truly based. I weep thinking about all the texts about Socrates that may have been lost in Alexandria. It's too bad most of our accounts from him are just from Plato and Xenophon and some smaller other sources. Imagine all the rich knowledge that was lost. Socrates was like the Buddha of the West (probably even travelled to India and learned from him), and pretty much was the first Jesus.
>>
bump

afghans also welcome lol
>>71677429
>>71677936
>>71678140
thanks
>>
>>71678140
Socrates was a fictional character created by plato
>>71676040
Alexander is the redpill
>>
File: Rekt.gif (328 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Rekt.gif
328 KB, 960x540
Alexander admired his spirit and said,
>If I were not Alexander, I would wish to be Diogenes
to which Diogenes replied
>If I were not Diogenes, I would also wish to be Diogenes
>>
>>71678557
You do realize different people other than Plato talk about Socrates, right?
>>
>>71678715
>Alexander approaches Diogenes, who is rummaging through a garbage pile
>Alexander: The fuck are you doin' bro?
>Diogenes: I am looking for the bones of your father, but I cannot distinguish them from the bones of slaves
>Alexander: :(
>>
My favorite account of Diogenes is a report that when he was arrested for public masturbation he responded to the charges by saying "If only rubbing my belly had the same effect on my hunger."
>>
>>71676040
He was a black man and also a slav, greeks got cucked hard
>>
Bump, this seems interesting.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.