[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does white privilege actually exist in this day and age? Is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: got-white-privilege.jpg (281 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
got-white-privilege.jpg
281 KB, 800x533
Does white privilege actually exist in this day and age?
Is there any tangible scientific evidence that white people have it easier in any aspect of life?
>>
No.
>>
>>71669591
white privalge = white responsibility
black oppression= black irresponsibility
>>
Pick up your average white person and drop them in the middle of a Johannesburg slum.
Does he still have white privilege?
>>
>>71669591
I'm 6'7". Many doors are too short for me. I have to order my clothes and shoes online. Can't stand up on a bus. Being tall has many inconveniences (minus my enormous horsecock of Course). Some insitutionalized. So, are short people privilaged? If your answer is yes, kill yourself.
>>
>>71669989
The idea of white privilege is that you are granted extra shit by society for being white, not that you have something innate about you that just makes you better.
>>
>>71669989
Sorry I didn't specify enough in the OP. I just mean in first world countries of course.
>>
>>71669591
No I'm white and I've been treated way worse my entire life than any POC
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
Yes. Ever need a bandaid? Ever notice it is made for whites? Just one small example...
>>
>>71670218
This makes sense. Canada hasn't been a real first world country since the 50s. It's poor as shit.
>>
>>71670218
It does in a sense but it's not a bad thing. White privilege is just majority privilege as it's your own country and culture. Same as how arabs have "arab privilege" in Saudi Arabia, or the Chinese have "Chinese privilege" in China.
>>
>>71670145

You literally aren't though, it's just a persecution complex from minorities.
What exactly does the average white get that the average black doeen't?

Seems to me that the people who talk about white privilege will only be happy when every white person is living in a gutter somewhere.
>>
If by white privilege you mean, "you are the majority of a country and make up its laws and government" then yes, white privilege exists in north america.

just because someone touched your hair (which is annoying) doesn't mean they are part of some cabal to keep you oppressed.
>>
White privilege basically means white power. Left wingers obviously want to end white power
on this planet. And they're succeeding via massive non-white immigration into white countries.
Soon there won't be any countries where white people are a majority.
>>
>>71670448
>>71670608
But that's what I'm trying to find out, is there really any white privilege in first world countries that isn't just made up oppression by attention seekers, but tangible, ACTUAL privilege?
>>
>>71670510
>What exactly does the average white get that the average black doesn't?

Ability to connect with others in the country on a level that a foreigner wouldn't. Even one born here. This can translate into better opportunities and better treatment.
>>
I'd say biases exist in favoring your own race over others. But we don't judge Asian countries for Asian Privilege.
>>
>>71670673
What are you talking about? I'm white and socially life is a lot worse for me than any POC.
>>
>>71669591
Yes, because we live in a white country. Just like Asians have Asian privilege in Asia. It's not white privilege it's "majority privilege".
>>
>>71670852
No that's bullshit. Whites are treated so bad.
>>
>>71670846
That may be because you're an autist.

When taken in aggregate, people prefer their own.
>>
If you're white, you're less likely to grow up in a shitty neighborhood with shitty parents.

So it exists. But it doesn't excuse giving scholarships based on skin color, since you can evaluate socio-economic privilege with more sophisticated statistical metrics than institutionalized racism.
>>
>>71671038
I'm not autistic but I've never been invited anywhere in my life. Meanwhile all the hispanics and blacks were invited to parties.
>>
File: 12932.jpg (82 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
12932.jpg
82 KB, 450x450
>>71670343
Who's this made for? Jellyfish?
>>
>>71671179
Replace may be with definitely.

You being socially inept doesn't mean the world's out to get you.
>>
Counter Question, OP:
Tell me the differences between race (ex. white vs black) privilege, and location (American suburb vs New Delhi slum) privilege.
>>
>>71671288
Well me being white, cis, straight, male, upper class, Christian, and able bodied certainly didn't help.
>>
>>71669591
"privilege" is earned via yourself or it is inherited by your parents.
Parents make good money and give you excellent opportunities and give you wisdom - you are privileged
You are very successful in life - also privileged

It is called white privilege because white people seem to be the only people who are capable or bother doing both.

Niggers inherently fail to have privileged parents and inherently fail to become successful inherently making niggers permanently unprivileged.

Privilege is something earned through generations not given to you on a silver platter when you demand it.
>>
>>71671511
Outside of tumblr, yes it does.
>>
File: American-Woman.jpg (23 KB, 584x794) Image search: [Google]
American-Woman.jpg
23 KB, 584x794
>>71669591
By 'white privilege' you mean 'hard work'
>>
White privilege is the excuse black people use when they underachieve
>>
>>71671224
Those cost more, putting people of color at a disadvantage.
>>
>>71673575
If the cost is too much then use the regular ones.

A minority of the population doesn't get custom made shit at the same price as the majority. That's just economics.
>>
>>71674023
No that's racism .
>>
File: white-privilege1.jpg (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
white-privilege1.jpg
19 KB, 320x240
>>71669591
It exist because we did not get into universities/colleges via Affirmative action.
>>
>>71669591

Because on average those who have lower IQ produce and earn less and commit far more violent crime whereas those who have higher IQ on average earn more and produce more (contributing more to society) and commit far less violent crimes. Without looking at IQ's as being the main cause for the shortcomings of low IQ groups, then those who have higher IQ and build society/civilization will be blamed for the shortcomings of those who have lower IQ and therefore contribute far less. We already see this with white privilege/guilt, male privilege/guilt, etc. Whites earn more money on average because they have a higher IQ so many lower IQ groups blame them for being successful because of an imaginary white privilege.
>>
>>71670631
>Left wingers

Jews want to end white power on this planet.
>>
>>71674390
>My plaster doesn't match my exact skin tone and I won't pay a few pennies more for the sake of vanity!

Suck it up buttercup.
>>
>>71669591
White Privilege just happens to sound exactly like what could be called Jewish Privilege -- except that it happens to be a mechanism for deflecting minority anger from Jews onto Whites.
In USA minorities famously rent properties owned by Jews (the famous "Jewish slumlord"); Jews used to own all the stores in black ghettoes but they have sold or leased them now to other non-black minorities. Jews are real beneficiaries of nepotism, doubt-benefit, cultural belonging in US pop culture, politics, academia, business, etc..
This is anticipating (and trying to misdirect) minority anger at Jews by tricking them into wrongly blaming whites.
>>
>>71669591
It would be strange if it didn't. White people run America and European countries, it should go without saying that they are either consciously or subconsciously looking out for other White people in those countries.
>>
White privilege exists, but so does black privilege. In fact, there are various gradations of black privilege, with lighter skinned blacks having more privilege than darker skinned blacks.
>>
>>71669591
its about the fact that whites aren't seen as criminals right? then i guess the privilege was earned
>>
>>71669591
>Is there any tangible scientific evidence that white people have it easier in any aspect of life?

White privilege is something invented by both whites and non whites in order to perpetuate a sense of guilt and shame in white people which then facilitates compliance and the acquisition of resources and concession from white people.

I'm just saying : ignore it. It's a manipulation tactic.
>>
File: ebon.png (461 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
ebon.png
461 KB, 650x400
>>71670343

>Make 1 million brown band aids
>Only sell 20k in total because not even niggers give a shit
>Go broke
>Niggers still whine about white privilege
>>
>>71671701
So are we to understand that multi-ethnicity isn't actually a benefit to society? Seems to cause division and strife.
>>
File: 1396656436030.png (57 KB, 706x598) Image search: [Google]
1396656436030.png
57 KB, 706x598
I think my white privilege is broken, I've been unemployed for a year and my debt is piling up
>>
Racial profiling
>>
>>71670647
If you want to join a white supremacist group then sure.
Off the top of my head
>people probably won't be afraid to sit next to me on the bus
>look good in a suit
>if people are discriminatory towards me i can't say its a hate crime
>uhh
This is pretty hard. If we take this trite seriously for a second, what actual benefits are there to being white (apart from being the sickest cunts around)?
>doesn't add to muh diversity quota
>have "no culture"
>more likely to get cucked
>automatically racist
This is fucking hard. When people talk about white privilege, apart from the guilt-ridden rhetoric they spout, what are the actual facts/events they use?
>>
>>71676037

Didnt you get your leaflet with the secret handshake? it should have come with your million dollars when you turned 18
>>
>>71675618
you didn't personally do anything to earn it, so it's a privilege
>>
>>71676003
>So are we to understand that multi-ethnicity isn't actually a benefit to society?

It isn't yes. However being normal and in a country founded and made up of your own people generally is.
>>
>>71669591

Asians doing better than whites blows the concept of white privilege out of the water. Privilege is just reputation by another name.
>>
>>71670218
That's the funny thing about facts, they are true statements where ever you are. The same can't be said about privilege, so they must not be true or factual statements.
>>
>>71676318
>It isn't yes. However being normal and in a country founded and made up of your own people generally is.

I'm starting to wonder how doable it would be to make that idea mainstream.
>>
File: 1082105464.jpg (53 KB, 639x424) Image search: [Google]
1082105464.jpg
53 KB, 639x424
>>71669591
I dunno /pol, seems like the nignogs over here has eaten up the liberal narative about white priv.
God help us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nol4EAtLO4A
>>
>>71676512
It was until very recently the mainstream and is the human default unless brainwashed to think otherwise.

The solution is simple: stop the brainwashing.

Though that is easier said than done.
>>
>>71676674
What I like about it is that it's not even supremacist or strictly speaking racist in the sense that it doesn't presuppose a racial hierarchy. It merely states a fact about human preferences.

I think breaking through the brainwashing is doable but it's gonna take courage and persistence.
>>
The only real privilege that exists is Wealth

But instead of thinking about rich whites, asians and even black kids getting it easy and looking down on them, people prefer to blame whitey
>>
I think you can't explain, in a scientific way, psychological attitudes based on a social construct. No, I'm not saying "race is a social construct", I'm talking about privilege.
>>
>>71669591
>white privilege.

sorry my ancestors wanted actual progress
>>
>>71676856
Oh it is very racist. What you need to realise is the concept of racism is a part of the brainwashing.

Everywhere else on the planet the idea that your own people come first in their own country is as natural as breathing.

Here it's sacrilege.
>>
>>71671653
But muh slavery!
>>
>>71670647
No, literally all white privilege is saying is that if someone is bigoted, but not bigoted against you, you don't have to deal with their bigotry, but others do. For example, if someone hiring for a company is racist and only hires white people then I, as a white person, am unaffected by that racism, but minorities are. You'd be stupid to deny this. But when people talk about "White privilege" they are assuming that racist attitudes are accepted and standard in society at large, which is incorrect. Every time someone brings this up I always ask, "If you stopped random people on the street and asked them if it's ok to discriminate against people based on the colour of their skin how many do you think would say yes?" If you do this thought experiment most people would say next to no one would say yes. This and the fact that there are laws against discrimination demonstrate racism is rejected by society at large, why else does it have such a negative connotation?
>>
>>71677100
Well I'm not sure you can outright go out and say the kind of stuff I would like to say, but there's a way to introduce it. I'm pretty sure I'd get murdered but I don't really mind.
>>
>>71670065
I know a friend as tall as you are
Can confirm he goes through the shit you do
Being 5'4", shit fucking sucks
I only have gotten respect from one of my bosses who was as tall as I was and one who respected hard work, any other time
>Fuck me, right?
>>
>>71677399
Yeah you do have to be a bit covert about it if you want to be employable. It's a little dishonest but what can you do...

To beat the Jew you must become the Jew.
>>
>>71671047
Being born black makes you more likely to be good at basketball therefore black privilege exists. Do Jews ever realize they're using kike logic?
>>
>>71670145
This is bullshit in the extreme because white men literally built the countries, cultures and systems that we gain "privilege" from. We reap the rewards of our hard work.

Now white women and minorities, they are the truely privileged class because they expect to be handed everything with no work involved. They benefit massively from programs put into place BY WHITE MEN such as affirmitive action, extra welfare benifits and special consideration under the law.

Welcome to reality, where the truth is often opposite to what liberals tell you.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.