[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Enlightenment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Rousseau.jpg (1 MB, 1448x2016) Image search: [Google]
Rousseau.jpg
1 MB, 1448x2016
Redpill me on the enlightenment, /pol/
Is it the "western values" we want to preserve or was it the beginning of degeneracy?
>>
You would not be posting on a cambodian bottle cap collectors forum if it weren't for the enlightenment.
>>
>>71669519
"Let's kill all the priests and nuns! Fuck kings power to the people!"

>ruled by jew bankers for 250 years
>>
degeneracy but also the reason you're able to read, write and use the internet at all.

we're in too deep at this point, since it also includes technological development.

Yet we'd all be happier as illiterate peasants and deep down, we know it.
>>
the Amish are right though. One of the only groups left on earth actually preserving TRUE western values
>>
>>71669519
The Enlightenment made Europe great again.

The problem was Jews in position of power, which really started to hit native Europeans hard around 1900. Kikes don't give a shit about yuropeasants, never have, never will.
>>
>>71669519
As the name implies, the Enlightenment can only work for white people.
>>
File: JohnLocke.png (709 KB, 614x792) Image search: [Google]
JohnLocke.png
709 KB, 614x792
>>71669519
I think it's pretty god damn great. I'm starting to think that the west lost its sense of identity at the end of WWII, when it was (1) horrified of what it had done and (2) when it decided to start to consider its value and its conception of man as being universal (see : The universal declaration of human rights).

That was a mistake and it was borne out of arrogance.
>>
>>71670100
Enlightenment was masonic bullshit, but really, it was the industrial revolution which destroyed western tradition, marriage and family.

Even under monarchies the same would probably have happened eventually though becasue technology is ultimately an apolitical process of self-destruction
>>
Basically SJWism in it's most primitive form.
>>
>>71669807
/thread
>>
>>71670258
yet the irony is, as true as this is, it's the sole reason you're even able to go online learn about why the enlightenment was bad. We're so far in that there's no simply turning it back. You can change your ideology but the very technology that exists now entrenches the same beliefs.

i.e. the fact that anyone can post on 4chan
>>
Depends what you mean by "western values". European cultural paradigm is built on three pillars in traditional understanding: Greek thought (some argue that all European philosophy is just an extension of Platonic/Aristotelian dychotomy and in purely core concepts there's some truth to that), Christian ethics and Roman law.

Now "Western values" might as very well mean "human rights" or "democracy" in the mouth of a Western liberal which is a perverted line of reasoning. They're not underpinning concepts of European civilization and as you've said products of Enlightment. I don't discredit Enlightment as a whole, but I certainly do dismiss the man in your picture. Hobbes schooled him on state of nature and social contract before he was born.
>>
>>71670529
>roman law

You mean Saxon law?
>>
>>71670653

Saxon law was heavily influenced by Roman law, but I do agree it was an original product as it was basically derived from both early Germanic law and Roman law. That's why Anglo-Saxon legal system differs from continental one. Common law was built on Saxon law while Civil law was built purely off Roman law. There's also a third set specific for Russia, because it heavily borrowed of Byzantine law which, in turn is another alteration of original Roman law. Therefore it's safe to say all roads lead to Rome in that aspect.
>>
File: 1458665997628.jpg (394 KB, 1742x2000) Image search: [Google]
1458665997628.jpg
394 KB, 1742x2000
>>71670653
This. Western culture and law is a combination of barbarian and Greco-Roman traditions

Honestly, guys, you're almost as bad as the "poc invented family and love and whites invented slavery and genocide" idiots when you pin all of the west on Greeks and Romans.

Barbarians had philosophy, craftsmanship, work ethic, learning, high art and high society, etc. We just don't realize how their culture formed the basis of everything that we have, because the Greco-Roman world not only had many great minds (like the barbarians), but much of their thought survived in written form attributable to individuals instead of blending into the society's collective conscious.

Where do you think guys like Newton, Linnaeus, Wagner, or Fahrenheit came from? They were the Germanic/Celtic/Slavic etc. snowniggers that pol loves to meme about.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.