[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Screencap this: There will be a controversy that Prince's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 630x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 630x428
Screencap this: There will be a controversy that Prince's death was not covered as much as David Bowie's, this will be put down to racism, when in fact it's because Bowie was much more influential.

This will happen in the next couple of days.
>>
>>71665525
But Michael Jackson's death was covered, that counts right?
>>
Bump
He'd be rolling in his grave since he was republican.
>>
>>71665632
But Jackson was white
>>
>because Bowie was much more influential

Prince was just as influential as Bowie you Fenian cunt.
>>
>>71665632
>dead white woman

Nope
>>
WE WUZ PRINCE AND SHIT
>>
>>71665798
no
>>
>>71665525
Say what ever you want but Prince was an extremely good guitarist
>>
Bowie might've been more influential, but Prince was far better in every aspect.
>>
>>71665798

No, he wasn't.

Bowie was on the vanguard of emerging genres, so much so that some of them hadn't even yet been named. Art rock, glam rock, pop, proto-punk, new wave, electronic, experimental, he had his hand in everything. He was a trailblazer and he influenced countless artists over for decades. Prince was great and he was genuinely original, but he was a one trick pony in terms of style. Bowie in contrast was metamorphic and, to that extent, his reach and influence over artists over a range varying styles can be easy detected. There's simply no comparison.
>>
>>71666728
>Trailblazer

No, trendhopper.
>>
>>71666970
>trendhopper

Who the fuck wants to hang out on a bandwagon? You talk like he should have been more like Nickleback.
>>
>>71665525
I am seeing just as much coverage and love for Prince as I did see of Bowie
>>
>>71667207
He'd have gotten that avril pussy if he did.
>>
>>71665525
prince is a fucking powerhouse, he was one of the most pure musicians out there...hes getting a ton of coverage..
>>
File: asdfsfad.jpg (186 KB, 960x724) Image search: [Google]
asdfsfad.jpg
186 KB, 960x724
>>71665798

Nope.
>>
>>71665525
Sad because Bowie is kinda dated and Prince is fresh as fuck
>>
>>71666728
Bowies true art laid in his marketing, art and marketing were one. All the did was to recycle things that had been going on in the British underground for quite some time, and the German underground later on and sold it to the masses in a more accessible format.

A veritable trendhopper.
>>
>>71665525
Done, you're on Ireland.
>>
>>71665798
> second most famous song
> the batdance
>>
Im way more familiar with Prince than Bowie
But that could just be because my parents liked him more so I heard more
>>
>>71667672
>and sold nascent, underground genres to the masses in a more accessible format.

You mean he wrote good music for those genres/proto-genres and the masses liked it. I would agree with that.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.