[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gender is not a social construct?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11
Explain to me why gender is not a gender construct
>>
>>71657532
Every word is a social construct.
>>
File: qHtoFtM.png (448 KB, 633x906) Image search: [Google]
qHtoFtM.png
448 KB, 633x906
>>71657532
Explain to me why feminism isn't a social construct
>>
File: 1453508783724.jpg (67 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1453508783724.jpg
67 KB, 680x680
>>71657532
Agreed that it is. Let us as a society progress past binaryism and get down to the business of winning on those issues that I'm not going cave on.
>>
Sex is a concrete scientific fact.

Gender IS a social construct.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>71657532
>The mind is a social construct

You are born a man or woman, if you think you are otherwise, you are mentally ill.
>>
>>71659381
Define sex and than define gender. You just keep changing the goalposts. Transgenderism is a product of gender dysphoria, a mental illness.

https://youtu.be/aDAU3SPYFsA
>>
>>71657532
Rape is a social construct. In nature it's a legitimate mating strategy.

The entire concept is a bit pointless.
>>
>>71659722
Sex is biological sex

Gender is an identitive part of the self, the image of you formed by the mind.
>>
File: technically-correct.gif (2 MB, 360x269) Image search: [Google]
technically-correct.gif
2 MB, 360x269
>>71659381
Beat me to it.

>>71659722
Who's changing goalposts?

You're engaging in mushy thinking.

Gender is and has always been a social-linguistic construct. That's no scandal.

Nor does it make the SJWs right. They're stretching and twisting and misusing this basic fact, and they need to be stopped. But you won't stop them with the same kind of fuzzy fact-free illogic that they use.
>>
Men and Women and physically and mentally different. That's a fact.
>>
Gender is a social construct. However, it is based on biological reality, a.k.a. biological sex that a person is born with, which defines ones gender.
>>
>>71659381
>Gender
> the state of being male or female
> gender = sex
> male OR female, no edgey split infinitives or special snowflake categories

"gender" is synonymous with sex
it is a biological fact, not a "social construct"

calling anything and everything a "social construct" is an intellectually lazy attempt to delegitimatize anything that "offends" the delicate sensibilities of any given fool
>>
Men have penis.
Women have vagina.
How they fit together is how all society constructs all notions of gender.
Perverts refuse to understand this, want to make up some other bullshit.
>>
>>71657532

gender roles are a social construct.
there are inherent differences, biological and in the behaviorfor example between the sexes that played a huge role in the forming of gender roles.
>>
>>71657532
I have fucking Klinefelter's fuck these attention seeking tumblr queers

these are normal physically healthy people who choose to be obese transgender freaks of nature for shock value.
>>
There are neurological differences between the sexes (as well as physical through males being larger and stronger thanks to sexual dimorphism). Its why women can make out colors better and men are better at motion tracking. Its why men are greater risk takers and more aggressive and why women are more emotionally attuned. Its why a man might watch an action movie and a woman might watch a romance. There are actual biological differences and to pretend otherwise to support some faggot agenda is not empirical and is delusional.
>>
>>71657532
Literally everything that we do in society is a social construct. Money, gender, laws. Just because we invented it doesn't mean it's not important and you can do what ever you want and identify as a quasi otherkin demiqueer boy-gurl.
>>
So what do you people think of this?
>>
>>71663565
So what do you people think of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkLqhpNPRQE
>>
File: 2016cucsonthewall.jpg (5 KB, 324x156) Image search: [Google]
2016cucsonthewall.jpg
5 KB, 324x156
>>71657532
Name something in our society that can't be called: "social construct". Those 2 words put together are meaningless and made up by cucks.
>a social mechanism, phenomenon, or category created and developed by society; a perception of an individual, group, or idea that is 'constructed' through cultural or social practice
>>
>>71657532
"Social Construct" is a term that gets thrown around a lot, but I don't think people really know what it means.

A social construct is merely an aspect of society that would not exist without it. For example, speech, and the meanings of words, are a social construct.

Gender (NOT genetic sex) is, in this sense, a social construct TO A DEGREE. Without other people to compare ourselves to, we simply would exist as ourselves, without labels of gender. However this does not mean that we would necessarily act any differently, simply that we would not say "I am male, and I act male."

Genetic sex, of course, is not a social construct in any way, as it still would exist as it does now if there were no society.
>>
File: millenial.jpg (49 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
millenial.jpg
49 KB, 600x800
>>71657532
>because gender is already hardwired in us in large part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LRdW8xw70

ENJOY OP
>>
Hmmm
Unzip your pants and look at your crotch
If there's something there, you're a man
If there's nothing, you're a woman
If you disagree, you have a mental illness called GID

that's pretty much it
>>
>>71657532
because 'construct' is a construct itself. It's higher level of abstraction understandable only by humans.

Gender is lower level abstraction that is widely understood among flora and fauna, and in fact is one of driving force of nature.

Gender and sex are the same thing from the point of view of flora and fauna. So humans, as virtually more advanced came up the idea that those are separate things which is by itself a 'construct' that derived and divided the two in some fields of theory.

Theory != praxis, and fabricating results in order to prove theory is forgery. Feministic theories have no proof, and that's why they enforce newspeak and political correctness while at the same time appear as one challenging the established (and inherently corrupt) practice. Like patriarchy.

It's not much, but people find amusing dealing with this kind of shit.
>>
>>71664903

>AIDS is a social construct
>>
>>71657532
>Explain to me why gender is not a gender construct
Explain to me why something being a social construct makes is something that has to be torn down.
>>
>>71661202
>calling anything and everything a "social construct" is an intellectually lazy attempt to delegitimatize anything that "offends" the delicate sensibilities of any given fool

This. One of my hardcore liberal friends the other day tweeted something along the lines of "Friendships are an interesting social construct". Having relationships with people is a basic human necessity, yet liberals are somehow too retarded to see this and think that we do it based off societal pressures.
>>
Our species propagates itself through the masculine and feminine.

The social distinctions between those two categories are just as natural (in their development) as the physical differences.
>>
File: toy-for-boy-or-girl.gif (8 KB, 602x506) Image search: [Google]
toy-for-boy-or-girl.gif
8 KB, 602x506
>>71666602
No. Plants have sex but there is absolutely no indication they have gender in any sense.
>>
>>71667384
gender == sex

deal with it
>>
>>71657532
Gender is not real. The only thing real is your sex.
>>
File: Mental-Retardation1.jpg (23 KB, 652x489) Image search: [Google]
Mental-Retardation1.jpg
23 KB, 652x489
>>71667468
Well alright then.
>>
>>71667384
Look at the videos I posted.
Actually boys and girls choose mostly different toys by themself even before 9 months.
>>
>>71659203
Trump's flip-flop on this one really has done him some serious damage on /pol/, hasn't it?
And rightly so.
Having the right policies on national security will do you no good at all if everyone living on the piece of land you want to keep secure has lost all grip on the difference between a man and woman, or between sanity and mental illness, or even on the very idea of "objective reality external to the mind".
>>
File: 1435811762110.png (152 KB, 1200x1620) Image search: [Google]
1435811762110.png
152 KB, 1200x1620
>>
File: gender-roles-4.jpg (134 KB, 610x342) Image search: [Google]
gender-roles-4.jpg
134 KB, 610x342
>>71668123
Yeah I know.

Now go do those studies cross-culturally.

Swedish children and Italian children are worlds apart and those are very closely related cultures. Throw in some Persians if you think you can handle the truth.

Sex is perfectly real, but gender, sex roles, that's all socially constructed and there are a lot of different ways it can be and has been done.

You need to quit denying reality and absorb that insight before you're going to be able to go any further anon.
>>
>>71668585
and they call him crazy...
>>
>>71668566
Anyone who isn't a moron has this particular issue classified as "activist junkfood." It's literally about #1065 on my priority list.

Leftists like these sorts of activist social policies because they detract from more serious concerns, and they detract from the more substantial issues- immigration, economics, natl. security, etc.
>>
>>71667384
How are organic social developments any more of a "construct" than our genetic developments?

Our species has developed physically as a dimorphic one. It should be no suprise that our natural and long term social development is equally as dimorphic. Social and genetic developments are results of the same system of spontaneos order. Stop raging against the natural state of affairs.
>>
>>71657532
because gender are define by your chromosomes XX / XY which are natural things that the man doesn t have construct with is sociaty......

the name we put on this couple dont mater,
>>
>>71668852
Gender roles are the product of at least 200 000 years of natural selection (genes influencing behaviors) and social organization.

Look around the world and history, show me one civilization who made notable economic and technological achievements outside of patriarchal ones with what we call "traditionnal" gender roles but in fact are just the natural of humankind because females are the most precious sex for humankind while males are much more expandables.

You can't.
>>
>>71670288
i love you other french anon

et surtout t as facon de pensée!
>>
Intersectional liberalism will be the end of itself. Just imagine you are the CEO of a large company and the new liberal diversity office calls you up and asks you to explain your diversity quotas.
>well you see officer 100% of our board are transgendered black female Muslims.
>oh I see, very good, carry on

Meanwhile you go into a board meeting and it's all white guys.
>>
>>71669735
>How are organic social developments any more of a "construct" than our genetic developments?
Did I say they were?

>Our species has developed physically as a dimorphic one.

Correct.

>It should be no suprise that our natural and long term social development is equally as dimorphic.

Are you fucking blind? Dimorphic? Really? Open up your eyes and look. Massively polymorphic in reality.

>Social and genetic developments are results of the same system of spontaneos order.

Essentially, except that the elements of society are individuals with free will and the possibility of shaping society back.

>Stop raging against the natural state of affairs.

Are you talking to yourself? If so it's good advice, you should take it.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.