[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are so many people resistant to a living wage? It'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1454565213557.png (246 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1454565213557.png
246 KB, 400x400
Why are so many people resistant to a living wage?
It's actually good for businesses and the government too.

http://economicrt.org/publication/effects-of-a-fifteen-dollar-an-hour-minimum-wage-in-the-city-of-los-angeles/
>>
The problem is that the cost of living raised far above inflation. I'm not sure how to correct this, but I'm not sure raising the minimum wage is the right way to do it, as it doesn't really address the the fact that the cost of living raises faster than inflation.
>>
employees should stop fighting for higher wages and start fighting for a share of the profits, that way small business are not run into the ground from wage hikes
>>
>>71655706
Higher wages is sharing in their company's profit. Higher wages also means the business does better.
>>
>>71655373
I think a basic income is a much better solution. It would take proportionately more from the rich and large companies instead of crushing small businesses with a minimum wage they cant afford
>>
>>71655120

>price floors are actually *good* for the economy

Must be why Venezuela is booming
>>
>>71657116

EITC is by far the most economically efficient solution. Minimumwagefags don't understand that a minimum wage is essentially a tax on the exact businesses that employ less productive labor. You're literally punishing those who hire the people that you're trying to help.
>>
>>71655120
You know when your article is bad when it mixes peer reviewed sources with shitty op-eds.

Oh btw. There's very little evidence that the minimum wage raises employment. Meta-analysis have shown that the employment effects are not statistically significant from zero.
>>
start publicly executing ceos and wallstreet exec scum bags who cheat and steal the most. They know who they are and they know what they are doing. There is no excuse. They are the equivalent of a parasite or virus in a body, infecting it and hindering it.

Start holding the government officials responsible for their actions and use the ceos as an example of what will happen if things don't change.

This happens in every culture, in every society. When there is too much of a gap between wealthy and poor. When there are so many poor people with nothing to lose, they rebel. Shit gets crazy and then tries to settle to an equilibrium.

Until then, I'm not selling an hour of my life for $10. Anyone who is ok with that can go slave off their pathetic existence in the back of a McDs.
>>
>corporations aren't content with stagnation
>even if they make a billion dollars in a fiscal year, they'd want that number to be even higher the next year, and so on and so on
>there is literally no such thing as too much money to them
>and liberal retards think they'd be okay with WILLINGLY losing money just to pay their replaceable, uneducated employees more
I can't do this. I can't live in a world with these stupid, emotional, tantrum-throwing children. Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>71657686
B-b-but that would be class warfare goy
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.