[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't atheists avoid the category error of asking for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: empress 1.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
empress 1.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
Why can't atheists avoid the category error of asking for material proof of an immaterial God?
>>
Can you name one example of proof of the immaterial?
>>
>>71645948
How can OP be expected to get proof when he won't give any.
>>
>>71645948
Assuming God is immaterial assumes "God is.." Thus making this argument circular or begging the question
>>
File: 1460655762264.jpg (133 KB, 870x575) Image search: [Google]
1460655762264.jpg
133 KB, 870x575
Since this faggots going to be spamming might as well post
>>
>>71645948
>asking proof for something that doesn't exist in the first place.

Lol I'm done with religiousfags. God doesn't exist so proof doesn't either. Stay delusional and "pray" (wish) for a better life though
>>
>>71645948

Shouldn't you be in b with this shitposting?
>>
>>71646481
All I see is a modified form of Pascal's Wager - how am I supposed to know what virtues to live by? Use my own reason? What if I am flawed?
>>
>>71645948
Please take this shit back to >>>/b/ where it belongs.
>>
>>71646696
Good question. Do people you view as good denounce your morals?
>>
>>71646819
How do I know that people I view as good are as such objectively? You're simply putting other humans as God in this case
>>
This is b8 guys, its posted on /b/ every single day. Don't fall for it
>>
>>71645948
Because a lot of atheists seem to believe God is LITERALLY a man in the clouds.
>>
File: 1451244487820.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1451244487820.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
>>71646764
atheist cuck alert!
>>
>>71647194
Basically I'm asking what standard upon which we can judge conceptions of good to be worthy
>>
>>71646396
A Canadian who understands logic? I don't believe it. I thought nobody knew what "begging the question" actually meant.

>>71645948
Are you suggesting people should ask for immaterial proof? What would that even look like?
>>
>>71647194
Dude I don't know. It's just a suggestion. My personal system is basically golden rule, treat others how you wish to be treated.

This means no theft, rape, murder, etc from me, but it is within my moral code to defend myself and others.
>>
>>71645948
Why can't Christians avoid using strawmen?
>>
Religion is for the mindless drones of society. Atheism is for the intellects of society.
>>
>>71646059
>Name
>One
Are names solid, liquid, or gas?
>>
>>71645948
>God is real
>Can you give me some proof?
>Of course not you retard god is immaterial
I think you may be the retard OP.
>>
>>71647356
If someone happened to be the only living being on the planet he would find it impossible to apply morals. Morality is then derived by our actions and the consequences we have on other people or animals. Since people are in charge of their actions except in possible cases of dementia, it is possible to arrive at a judgement by examining the potential of an action weighed against its consequence.

If there is no consequence or action there can be no morality applied to a person IE that person is not responsible. (M = A/C).
>>
>>71646696
Who the fuck cares? If you are happy and people around you are happy than you are doing good. If you and/or people around you are miserable you are doing bad. If God exists odds are his morality is completely alien to humans anyway, attempting to imagine what his moral code is is retarded.
>>
>>71646059
Love.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.