[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have an opinion on NASA/space exploration? Is it worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1460061310717.jpg (18 KB, 403x238) Image search: [Google]
1460061310717.jpg
18 KB, 403x238
Do you have an opinion on NASA/space exploration? Is it worth the massive investment?
>>
Insert Moon landing never happened here
>>
Fuck no. There's nothing out there
>>
>>71632661
Except it didnt
>>
>>71632808
With how big it is that's almost impossible
>>
>>71632394
>In the long run
Yes
>Short term profit
No
>>
File: slut.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
slut.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>71633043
Even if there is it would be too far and impractical to make a difference. China is going to make it to Mars before the US anyway.
>>
>>71632394

Well OP. Is the $180 billion a year you spend on illegals worth the investment? Is the billions you spend a year imprisoning a load of your black population worth it?

Renewable energy > Space exploration > Social programs

The military probably already has the technology, and NASA can only get funding on certain projects, and they have to beg for it at that

So no, they won't get spending going to the moon / mars, they'll just send probes to asteroids.
>>
>>71632808
are you stupid the universe is so damn big there is bound to be life out there somewhere
>>
>>71632394
several meteors have already hit the earth in the past and caused mass extinction events, so it's only a matter of time before it happens again. and that's not mentioning the other million things that could wipe out most of humantiy from nukes to disease to unchecked technology. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't like to keep his eggs in one basket. Also, we may not have the technology to create off-planet colonies for hundreds of years still, but if we stop researching spacetravel altogether we're dooming ourselves to die on this planet sooner or later.
>>
>>71633241
Even if it's 4 trillion light years away I want to know that far away there's some other faggot dealing with this shit just like us
>>
>>71633278
You want your country to invest billions to look for it?
>>
>>71632394
Can't into space.
>>
>>71633277
>Is the billions you spend a year imprisoning a load of your black population worth it?

I love how people say this like we just put them in there for no reason. Like they didn't do anything to get there. They're simply more criminal on average, sorry.
>>
>>71633278
>assuming Earth isn't special
>muh gorillion universes
I believe in alien life but it's probably just primitive bacteria-like organisms that would get their own kingdom. Maybe Earthlings originate from space-dwelling bacteria.
>>
Solar system exploration by sending humans is almost entirely masturbatory. A robot is better at everything for a fraction of the cost.

Other than that telescopes are really useful, I believe a new big one should be done by 2018
>>
>>71633562

Lol I'm not saying they din du nothing

Why waste money housing them? Why not just send them back to africa

All they do is bitch / moan

However, you bring the situation on yourselves. I mean, I'm against whats happeneing with races etc but you leave them in ghettos with other niggers, all they do is commit crime. And you allow them to have guns.

Retarded
>>
>>71633278
This is such a non argument. A self-replicating molecule to come into existence spontaneously is so complex we don't even know how it could possibly happen on earth which had all the perfect conditions for it.

What you say is like having 20 million tickets for one lottery which has a 0.000000000000000001% chance of winning and saying "how could I not win, I have 20 million tickets?"
>>
>>71632394
Yes, if it is supported by the Government. If it's Tesla, Amazon or Virgin, then NO.

You just cannot trust one man with so much money.
>>
Earth is so fucked that being alone on a ship in space is an appealing option.
>>
>>71633957
>Literally Loo in ID

POO IN SPACE
>>
>>71633278
We are the life out there
>>
>he considers himself redpilled
>while believing in a lie of Round Earth
heh
>>
File: 1379113298350.jpg (2 MB, 950x4969) Image search: [Google]
1379113298350.jpg
2 MB, 950x4969
>>71632394
a better question is can we afford not to invest.

I would rather like the continued existence of humanity, even if it is an existence of misery on some dead planet far away.
>>
>>71634442
>there could be an unmanned probe arriving at alpha centauri this year
Lol what. It's two light-years away.
>>
>>71632394
Totally, either there is a future for humankind out of Earth or there is no future at all.
I'm resigned that I will be stuck on this planet with muslims and niggers until death but if my descendants can escape this fate I'm all for it.

I think the reason of the actual immigration/diversity madness and generalized softness you see in the western world is caused by the lack of challenge from our environnement.
Send a bunch of settlers on Mars and see the child of the western world rise, after all Renaissance began when Europe colonized America.
>>
>>71634997
if they had built a probe and sent it there 40 years ago, yeah it'd be getting there today
>>
>>71633957
Government are too occupied receiving feminist crybabies in UN, managing millions of muslims migrants they called or calming a bunch of angry niggers rioting.
Softness like I said.
>>
>>71635460
Yeah no it would have to travel at 5% of light speed
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.