[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Christian church should I join?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: christian flag.jpg (134 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
christian flag.jpg
134 KB, 500x375
I recently became a Christian, after having been an atheist for virtually all my life. I've yet to be baptized because I'm having trouble deciding which church to join.

At first I wanted to join the Orthodox Church, because it seems the closest to the original church.

However, the Roman Catholic Church seems to have a theology that is much more advanced, although I disagree with some of their dogma (such as original sin and not allowing priests to marry, which was never an issue before the Middle Ages).

At first I thought I absolutely wanted to stay away from Protestantism, but as I've read into that, Lutheranism has attracted me. It has a lot of the things about Orthodoxy and Catholicism that I like (such as allowing the veneration of saints, feast days, more "traditional" liturgy, etc) without some of the silly or downright batshit insane things (like the Pope being the supreme "king" of the Church).

And then after that, I looked at Presbyterianism and it really appealed to the "spiritual" side of me. Pure and simple worship of Christ without any problems of church politics or complicated and sometimes seemingly pointless rituals.

>tl;dr
Convince me which Christian denomination to join

inb4 not politics, church politics are still politics and /pol/ is and always has been a Christian board
>>
The Bible.

I don't trust any church follow scripture anymore, especially after reading Dalrock.
>>
Catholic churches (orthodoxy or roman catholicism will either work. Just dont be a fucking protestant)
>>
Do not fall for organized religion. It's a trap.
>>
File: 340297.png (204 KB, 918x733) Image search: [Google]
340297.png
204 KB, 918x733
>>71624986
>>
>>71624929
>a compilation which is a product of Church's tradition
>not trusting tradition

Oy vey good goyim ur a special snowflak indeed
>>
>>71624954
Protestant don't worship Saints.

Real Christians only worship God and not Saints.
>>
>>71624954
But it's so hard for me to make the choice between Orthodoxy and Catholicism. Culturally, I feel a lot closer to the Catholic Church, but I cannot fucking stand the current Pope, and it really rustles my jimmies that Catholics honestly believe that asshole is the Vicar of Christ and is completely infallible in everything he says.

But at the same time, there are just way too many cultural differences between myself and Orthodoxy to really consider joining it.
>>
>>71624858
Not saying you should join the Mormons, but you should read the BoM, that will offer you some insights about the politics of religion.
>>
>>71625270
Its ok. The pope was a Peronist so he's based af. Dont listen to what the libtard media propagate about him not like almost all of /pol/tards here
>>
>>71624858
Hi OP. Former atheist here as well. I have been a Christian for almost a year and don't consider myself to have a denomination, despite going to a baptist Church. I just picked a Church that had the closest belief system to what I believe, and I believe the Bible is the only true infallible authority we have on Earth (other than God, but I'm saying no Pope, etc). It's important to find a Church that you agree with so I'd suggest reading and studying the Bible, decide what you believe is true, and find a local Church that believes similarly. Most protestant Churches will have a "what we believe" section on their website. Catholic churches all believe the same thing so it'll be the same wherever you go. A good place to start is with this question: does tradition (non-Biblical tradition) play a role in Church? If yes, Orthodox or Catholic. If not, Protestant. Also God bless
>>
>>71624929
this guy's right
Baptists are probably closest to Biblical Fundamentalism though
>>
>>71625202
Mohammed pls fuck off
>>
>>71624858
>not being an Independent Baptist
>>
>>71625481
Also I recommend KJV Bibles
>>
>>71625586
>being a baptist
>>
>>71625270
>is completely infallible in everything he says
This is completely false.
>>
>>71625202
>having no idea what catholics believe in
>not knowing the difference between worship and veneration

Dont be like this guy OP. Catholicism is the One True Faith
>>
>>71625639
Douay Rheims and New American Bible are bettr. New Jerusalem Version is closest from Greek/ Latin translations too
>>
>>71624858
>>>/x/
>>
>>71625465
What? The liberal media praise the current Pope because he's a fucking refugee dick sucking, traitorous piece of shit. He calls Muslims his brothers, washes their feet, and scolds those of us who don't want our civilization whored out to Islam. The current Pope is the Whore of Babylon, and liberals fucking love him for it.
>>
Eastern Orthodoxy specifically Russian orthodoxy and if you don't like that then Southern Baptism.
>>
>>71625480
I was quite the fedora 5 years ago, now 34 & christian as well. Its crazy- lots of people getting saved in these last days.
>>
>>71625693
Catholics literally pray to the saints
>>
>>71624858
>which Christian denomination to join
Just choose the one with best god.
>>
Christians are genocidal twats run by the Jews don't fall for it anon
>>
>>71625202
>his country's church is led by a sexually active lesbian
>>
>>71625772
>he trusted the media to translate the pope's messages from latin

Pope Francis has done nothing different from the previous two popes, except he has a bit more emphasis on poverty
>>
>>71624858
>I recently became a Christian
Why?
>such as original sin
Why do you disagree with this? It's right there in the text and Christ's "sacrifice" is even more stupid and pointless without it.
I'dsay go wigh the Army, it's what I raised with, is pretty good.
But, seriously, you should take this bullshit to /x/ where it belongs.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 717x880
>>71625890
>>
>>71625772
>fallen from the Libtard media meme

mein gott you are no beyond from saving
>>
>>71625480
Well, I'll put it this way.

I believe saints should be venerated, or at least acknowledged.

I believe God exists as three separate godheads (the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit)

I believe there are parts of the Bible that should be taken literally (the Gospel) and I believe there are parts that are symbolic and only there for historical background and context (the Old Testament).

I believe tradition is important in the Church.

I believe women should not be priests.

I believe the Pope is not infallible and is not the Vicar of Christ, he is the same as any other priest, as they are all equal in terms of powers of ordination.

I do not believe in original sin. It makes no sense to me that an unbaptized baby would go to Hell simply for dying before it could be baptized.

Hopefully that can help people narrow down where I belong. I personally think this means I'm leaning towards Lutheranism.
>>
>>71624858
The Orthodox is the only church that is not degenerate
>>
>>71625858
Look up venerarion vs worship

Theres literally about 600 years of theology you need to read before you can even begin to sound intelligent on this subject, preacher's kid
>>
>>71625270
>I cannot fucking stand the current Pope
Why not? I mean, yeah, he does bullshit and should hang but everything he's done is very christian.
>>
Is the flip shitposter representative of all flips? I had thought of going there one day, but holy shit.
>>
>>71624858
>Which Christian church should I join?

If you're going to pick one, Russian orthodoxy.
>>
>>71625202
>Catholics worship saints
And just like that this thread became no longer worthwhile. No, Catholics do not "worship" saints and anyone who says they do is a butthurt protestant heretic.
>>
>>71625938
Original sin existed before Christ. The whole point of him sacrificing himself was to take away original sin and allow everyone the chance to be saved. Now, I believe, it is our actions alone that determine if we are destined for Heaven or Hell, not the actions of humanity in general thousands of years ago.
>>
>>71625270
Orthodoxy is basically catholocism with more emphasis on tradition and no pope. Choose Orthodoxy OP.
>>
>>71624858
Pelagian.
>>
>>71625983
>the pope is not infallable
Of course he's not except when he declares ex cathedra which rarely happen

>he's not a vicar of Christ
Remember, St. peter betrayed Jesus 3 times but he is still entrusted to be the Keeper of the Keys which is now passed on to what you call Popes
>>
>>71625983
>I believe there are parts of the Bible that should be taken literally (the Gospel) and I believe there are parts that are symbolic and only there for historical background and context (the Old Testament).
Why? If you're going to accept some dumb shit as literally true why not take the cooler shit too?
>>71626017
>praying to figures who aren't the LORD doesn't count because reasons
>>
>>71624858
Orthodoxy is best, anon.
>>
>>71626096
>Hail Mary
>>
>>71625270
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o--3aHm6nxE
>>
>>71624858
I personally am a Greek Catholic, but pick whichever Catholic church you want m8
>>
>>71626214
>i have no idea what intercessionary prayer is
>i cant tell the difference between veneration and worship

Protestants are jokes
>>
>>71626127
Original sin is just "we're all sinful and inherently evil and need Christ to get rid of our sin". He didn't take away original sin, he just gave a simple way yo get out of it.
>>
>>71624858

As a devout Catholic I am telling you, the pope is NOT the Church.

The Church has weathered bad popes in the past, and will still stand after this one, as well.

Look into the history of the Church at all the good popes; don't just focus on the bad ones.

We are the true and only Church.
>>
How about you stop being a faggot and quit playing pretend?
Goddamn sheep
>>
The only belief that makes any sense is agnosticism
>>
File: 1446020073152.gif (25 KB, 712x956) Image search: [Google]
1446020073152.gif
25 KB, 712x956
>>71626430
>>
>>71626373
>praying to dead people isn't worship, it's veneration
>it's totally different
And please explain "intercessionary prayer". Is it "praying to people asking them to pray for you"? Just go to God yourself.
>>
>>71625772
Jewry is the whore of Babylon, fucking illiterate.
>>
>>71626207
>Of course he's not except when he declares ex cathedra
Bloody 'ell that's such a goalpost shifting copout.

>>71626373
>God can be swayed or isn't omniscient
Heretic.

>>71626375
That's where Pelagianism is best. Original sin was taken care of, and we've always had mortal bodies. Way more science based.
>>
>>71626494
Kek anon, but really how can you prove or disprove the existence of a greater being
>>
File: the city of protestants.jpg (957 KB, 1742x1582) Image search: [Google]
the city of protestants.jpg
957 KB, 1742x1582
>>71624858
>>
File: Sheep6.jpg (211 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Sheep6.jpg
211 KB, 1024x768
>>71624858
>ITT: we argue which bag of feed is best
>>
protestanterrors.com
>>
>>71626373
Considering the context of the conversation, I don't think intercessory prayer mean what you think it does.

Intercession is simply praying on someone else's behalf. For example, I could pray for a dying relative.
>>
>>71626518
>he genuinely doesnt know that worship means
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/saint-worship
>explain intercessionary prayer
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-intercession-of-the-saints

There's literally over 600 years of theology protestants need to learn before they can sound intelligent

>>71626672
>illiterate aussies
Not surprised
>>
>>71624858
One thing putting me off Christianity is the hierarchical, organised structure. I hold a great deal of disdain for organised religion, especially given the history of the Catholic Church.
>>
>>71626695
>submitting yourself to the will of the Pope
Cathedrals are pretty but holy shit nigga Catholic Mass is some opulent shit.
>>
>>71626756
>intercession of the saints and angels isnt a thing
>what is any part of the book of relevations?
>>
>>71626771
It's simple, if you're pro-intercession, then you doubt the power and will of God. Heretic.
>>
Why do Christians name their kids Jesus? I don't know shit about the bible but It does seem like something you should do.
>>
Assyrian church of the East. Closest thing to the real thing. You'd have to learn Aramaic; language spoken by Jesus.
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 399x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 399x500
Don't get me wrong, Catholicism is beautiful in both their worship and architecture, but if we're going solely by the history of the imperial church, the Orthodox Church is gonna be the best thing of a continuation until Catholicism rejoins the pentarchy.
>>
>>71626805
>submitting yourself to the will of a corgi humping bitch

>>71626890
>pro-intercession = thinking god is not almighty
>praying for someone/anything questions God's will
>praying is doubting God's power
By that logic prayer at all is doubting the will and power of God. Who's the heretic, aussi?
>>
>>71624858

Go Orthodox.

>gorgeous churches
>nice incense/food
>even the slutty looking girls are still pure
>overall wealth and success
>cohesive; will be like joining a tightly knit family
>Father Lazarus el Anthony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_zxtRrvTXA
>structured intake process prevents you from bullshitting too much
>even if you die during the conversion process (before dipping) you are still considered Orthodox and will be planted in an Orthodox cemetery

And you're not too late for Easter.
>>
File: 101-22.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
101-22.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>71624858
Catholic
>>
>>71627061
You, if you're not able to understand hope and faith.
>>
>>71627144
>>71627210

Orthodoxy or Catholicism are the only decent faiths
>>
One that rejects the idea of a triune god. That is garbage dreampt up by Plato and was not a teaching of Christ. So was hellfire. Catholicism is just holy paganism
>>
>>71627144
I'm just so culturally different from Orthodoxy, though. Plus, they take the Virgin Mary waaaaaay too seriously. Like, more than Catholics. Which is fine, I suppose. She is the Mother of God and is very important, but sometimes it feels like the Orthodox are worshiping her and not Christ.
>>
>>71624858
If you curious about finding the right faith don't go for Roman Catholicism that's for sure, let alone Eastern Orthodoxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8

It's long but its divided into parts like the papacy, justification and what not. It's really good stuff. Don't get your info from cafeteria Catholics on /pol/.
>>
>>71627233
>you dont understand hope and faith
>but intercessionary prayer is bad!
>prayer on behalf of others is bad!
>the angels and saints definitely dont do this all the time!
Your a hippocrite, arent you?
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 200x200
>>71627266
Are you legitimately advocating for Arianism? You do realize this completely contradicts the Nicene Creed, right?
>>
>>71624858
Become Orthodox. Here father Vukašin explains it to Americans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYEWFMHNoys
>>
>>71624858
Also this point that apostolic succession matters is funny since the Pharisees were rebuked by Jesus because they thought they were in line with their teachings and saved because were descended from Abraham.

AS is useless. Lutherans, Anglicans, EO and RC have it. So no big deal.
>>
>>71624858
>Wanting to be baptized
>Former atheist, seen the light and became Christian

Some hope in humanity restored.

Become a Protestant.
>>
>>71626905
Kek, it's pronounced
>HEY-ZEUS
>>
>>71627381
>the angels and saints definitely dont do this all the time!
I doubt they do, given that they'd probably have a better understanding of theology.
>>
>>71627344
Catholics worship her way too much too. It's annoying.
>>
>>71624858
What matters is the fidelity of the church to the biblical doctrines and its proclamations.

https://www.adventist.org/en/beliefs/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PI5cq-ThVo
>>
>>71627381
Praying to saints is undermining God's attributes specifically his omnipresence.

My advice to everybody here. Most people here know very little about Christianity. I just read these threads and it hurts to see. Watch debates between Christians and Roman Catholics, watch sermons and lectures on theology. You will see.
>>
>>71624858
Honestly it's up to you and what you personally read into the bible.

But definitely do not go for the Catholic church, it's absolutely awful and the theology is totally ridiculous. They just pretend it's a step above protestants who think the Earth was made in six days.
>>
>>71624858
Become a protestant, please.
A missionary, to be specific.

Travel the world and use the missionary position to your advantage!
>>
>>71627593
Romanists hold to Mary's co-redemptrix.
>>
File: 1458485322371.jpg (10 KB, 216x250) Image search: [Google]
1458485322371.jpg
10 KB, 216x250
So it's not just me? Good. I've been praying to God for a sign that he's there, because I'm told he shows himself to those who seek him out. The only sign I've gotten was a feeling of utter happiness and hopefulness after praying, which I don't know if that's a sign or not.
I'm also torn on a denomination, though. I'm leaning towards Roman Catholicism, but my family hates Catholics so I dunno if that would fly with them.
>>
File: 1460745159509.jpg (234 KB, 800x1360) Image search: [Google]
1460745159509.jpg
234 KB, 800x1360
>>71624858
>2016
>being christcuck

Thats right goyim rootless cattle Congolese umbongo is your brother. We remain pure though! Hehe!
>>
>>71627646
> But definitely do not go for the Catholic church, it's absolutely awful and the theology is totally ridiculous. They just pretend it's a step above protestants who think the Earth was made in six days.
This is what I mean. First of all the pick whatever you want. No. Study the Bible, study theology, study Protestant v. Roman debate and you will see for yourself. Also the Earth was made in 6 days. People who deny this are just compromises and take everything as a metaphor. This stems from weak theology.
>>
>>71624858
Join the Shakers, they are dying out.
>>
>>71627713
See
>>71627373
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8 [Embed]
>>
>>71627777
But you were blown out by >>71627746
And also, you seem to be misinformed about Catholics. Not that I'm an expert.
>>
>>71627407
You do realize the Nicene Creed might not be totally infallible?
>>
>>71627344

One thing at a time. If you're saying that a religion for you is just its culture (which is fine; that's how I came to it too) then don't turn it into anything more important. No reason to care about Mary and the Saints and Father Anthony because it's not important to you. Just go for the good bread.

You don't have to actually join a church either. Just show up, put the shekels in the basket and enjoy the spectacle.

Seems to me like you will be doing more harm to yourself by committing too early.

>atheist
>find god yea!
>which church oh my oh my
>this one that one so different
>wat do?
>throw dart at anime board ok
>SPAGHETTI MONSTER OF THE THIRD FORM IT IS!

Six months later

>this spaghetti monster shit is really getting to me
>so much sauce, so few balls
>stale pasta is stale
>b-but all religion is stale pasta!
>back to nihilism for me

Aaaaand there your reasons for joining in the first place are either buried for another lifecycle or recognized for what they are: the desire to belong.

The Jews (real ones not the bullshit Modern Orthodox shekel mill) make this a 3-5 year long process. Spend at least an honest year at a church before pledging them your eternal soul. Take it from someone who has tried on religions like suits.
>>
>>71627864
What??? Dont be lazy watch the video. Its professional. Watch some James White debates. You will see for yourself.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>71627593
>mary worship
Strawman
>>71627538
>ive literally never seen the book of relevation
>>71627642
>asking people to pray for you is a sin

>>71627646
>anglos telling people they should be protestants
Youre the reason protestants are so bad
>>
>>71624858
Latvian Orthodox
>>
>christcucks
epic, you're hypocrites because you think Islam is a problem but you praise just as violent religion
we don't need any kind of religion
>>
File: Islam_Benefits.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Islam_Benefits.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
>>71628007

Yeah it's totally the same. . . .
>>
>>71628086
You probably should read the bible every now and then
>>
>>71626837
So I'm to ask the saints and angles to pray with me, or for me? Because if I'm asking them to pray FOR me (intercession on their part) then it really seems like I'm praying to them rather than to God. You can understand why this confuses people, can't you?
>>
>>71627344
That's because she's the only woman who is willing to listen to me

t. Orthodox Christian
>>
>>71628213
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGwXQqEQCU4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGwXQqEQCU4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGwXQqEQCU4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGwXQqEQCU4
>>
>>71628144

When was the last time a Christian group posted their beheadings of Muslims on youtube?

You play ancient history semantics. I'll keep my fucking body parts.
>>
>>71627983
I'm Northern Irish, born Catholic.

I'm not saying he should be protestant, I'm telling him to simply not be Catholic. It's just a corrupted version of Orthodoxy.
>>
>>71628216

Let's go further. She's the only woman you trust.
>>
>>71628144
Where in the New Testament does Christ behead non-believers and lead armies to conquer neighboring tribes again?
>>
File: 1452881134674.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1452881134674.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>>71627777
>8 hours
I may have to put this off for tomorrow when I'm off work. God bless though, Auslad. Bookmarking it.
>>
Gnosticism is the only reasonable branch of Christianity.
>>
>>71628401
>these bad things aren't as bad as others so they don't matter xDDDDD
>christcucks
>>
>>71625202
Roman Catholics don't worship saints. We use them as a middleman for prayers.
>>
>>71624858
Maronite Catholic

Loyal, faithful, not too conservative and kick ass
>>
>>71628436
Watch. You will get more out of it than you will making pointless threads on 4chan and getting misinformed here. $10k was put into researching for the documentary. Its scholarly stuff with good use of bible commentaries, theological and historical works.
>>
>>71628518
What the fuck are you babbling about? Christ was literally a hippy who told everyone to love each other and give away their possessions. The Old Testament is a story about genocidal kikes and basically is just a framework to show their slow and inevitable downfall and why it was necessary for Christ to die and save humanity.
>>
>>71628319
Thanks, I'll check this out when I'm not on my phone.
>>
>>71628649
He was shitting up another thread as well. There's something wrong with him.
>>
>>71628672
Nws. Its better to see what the best of both sides has to offer instead of lapse Christians shitposting

God speed brother
>>
>>71628377
>northern irish isn't as bad as anglos
Need evidence?
>its just corrupted version of orthodoxy

Anglos are the reason most protestants are bad.
>>
>>71625270
That's not how infallibility works. The pope must be speaking ex cathedra. If he is having a casual conversation he's not infallible
>>
>>71626672
I mean he is not infallible when he gives his own opinions as an individual, not as a Pope.
>>
>>71628761
Anglos are evil.
Most protestants are not.
>>
>>71628841
Well, forgive the fact that im in america, where most protestants are anglos
>>
File: phelpsians.jpg (466 KB, 1536x1018) Image search: [Google]
phelpsians.jpg
466 KB, 1536x1018
>>71628900
American protestants are based.
>>
>this thread
>not a single mention of Episcopalian

You're all filthy peasant swine
>>
>>71628637
Because you don't trust God to listen to you otherwise?

>>71628777
>Just kidding guys, i wasn't being infallible that time. It's starting nnnnnow. Wait... nnnow.
>>
>>71629214
Reformed Episcopalians, American Anglicans, Sydney Anglicans are all based. Episcopalians are as liberal as Catholics
>>
>>71624858
If you like the Lutheran Church stick to a traditional denomination, like one that follows Luther's original teachings. A lot of Lutheran sects have really gone off the rails allowing degeneracy and not following scripture. The north American Lutheran Church is a pretty good one, they just recently branched off of the elca because of all the bullshit going on with them.
>>
>>71629465
Unlike the other 2 we're just as powerful, if not more so than Jews. Last I recall we represent 1/5th of Congress but only 1% of the population
>>
>>71629677
Luther pretty agreed with Calvin. His later disciples changed it around.

But go for the LCMS or Wisconsin Lutherans. ELCA is cancer.
>>
>>71629791
Are you a faithful 39 article believing Episcopalian, are they? Do you go to a church with a female priest?
>>
>>71629157
Depends on the denomination honestly. Some are really based to an incredible extent, others are Germany-tier cucked.
>>
>>71624858
The Catholic Church and those in communion with her are the only true Christian churches.
>>
i'm in the same boat as OP. would love to join a church (catholic) but i live in the southwest and i feel like it would just be 100% mexicans.

i don't want to go hang out with fucking mexicans every sunday.
>>
>>71630283
>The donation of Constantine has been a confirmed forgery for almost 600 years now.
>People still call the church of Rome the true church.
>>
>>71627263
33rd degree master mason here, we are on the look out for prospective trainees
if sucsessfull, candidates will be fast tracked into our future templar program,
where they will recieve trainning and access to next generation weapons,
making them operators without equal in preperation for the new crusades

fancy a crack at dispatching some mussies,
feel free to contact your regional lodge

use code: TEMPLAR2020
>>
>>71629981
No my church didn't schism after the inclusion of gays and women into the episcopate but we have always had white, hetero, male preachers and bishops
>>
>>71627727
Found the kike
>>
>>71630591
>Masons
>UK
>anything other than a dying circlejerk where literally nothing happens
At least put on your proxy
>>
>>71630591
>33rd
>UK
You clearly don't know how the A&AR for England works, "brother."
>>
>>71630591
If true, I live 5 mins walk from my regional Masonic lodge. 19, ripped and high IQ.

Should I apply anon?
>>
>>71630900
Possibly, but that post is nonsense.
>>
File: Peace, Love, & Tolerance.jpg (97 KB, 938x544) Image search: [Google]
Peace, Love, & Tolerance.jpg
97 KB, 938x544
>>71624858
Join us in the Orthodox church.
As we've stood proudly by our faith, the Western world has devolved into irrelevancy and shame.

Feel inner peace and quest to live and die for the glory of God!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntT2VemnVV8
>>
>>71630900
Go for it anyway.
As long as you believe in a God-like being, you damn infidel.
>>
File: 1454184014833.jpg (191 KB, 600x412) Image search: [Google]
1454184014833.jpg
191 KB, 600x412
>>71624858
Obviously you should join an Anglican Church.

Methodism and Presbyterianism are fine too.
>>
>>71625648
This.
All of the Baptists that I have met are queer-loving democrat-voting idiots.
>>
>>71631121
I feel like I know God, but I wouldn't call myself Christian.
>>
>>71630435
The Catholic Church was started by Christ who then left Peter in charge. Peter moved to Rome.
>>
>>71632093
You don't have to be Christian to be a Mason except in a few.

If you believe in something that you feel is God, they will accept you.

So go for it. Who knows, you might meet some new people and take over the country.
>>
>>71629937
>ELCA is cancer

Absolutely, that's why I left my childhood church for the NALC once I actually started taking my religion seriously. I'm so sick of churches just abandoning their morals and doctrine to pander to muh feels
>>
They're all teaching a Jewish holy book
>>
>>71632171
Yes, only the Bishop of Rome didn't claim supreme authority over the rest of the pentarchy until relatively recently.

Not to mention squabbling about apostolic succession is extremely Pharisee-like and Jesus is probably very disappointed in us.
>>
>>71632441
They Church needed to be more unified. In the early church there were sects that worshipped the Holy Spirit as a female deity, and another that believed the only pure thing a person could consume was semen. Christianity is a spiritual marriage and marriages need to be probably defined. You wouldn't tell people your girlfriend is your wife without properly getting married. Nor would you claim to be Christian without properly receiving the sacraments of initiation.
>>
>>71632862
Which is why the council of Nicea and so forth was put together. You do not need a pope to tell you not to eat cum.

>Nor would you claim to be Christian without properly receiving the sacraments of initiation.
I don't remember the part of the bible where everyone got their confirmation. As far as Jesus was concerned any random person off the street who professed their faith was a Christian.
>>
Can someone explain this to me? Are there three different gods in christinatiy or are they suppose to be the aspects of one God?

Also, is God a male in christinaity? In Islam Allah is genderless, hence doesn't have any son or whatever
>>
>>71633465
One God. Different aspects. And yea, genderless. Think like Vishnu or Brahmin. Especially with the avatara.
>>
>>71633465
They are 3 and simultaneously they are 1.

Jesus is Jesus, but he is also God. God the father is also God but not Jesus. The Holy Ghost is God but not the father nor Jesus.
>>
>>71625026
Most Autistics are really smart so your wrong.
>>
>>71632022
Lol what the fuck? Baptists are definitely one of the most far right denominations
>>
>>71632282
I just applied to them. Hopefully they'll accept me
>>
>>71633465
Why are you not Christian???
>>
>>71624858
church of saint muhammed
>>
>>71634309
dont let them know you use 4chin, they`ll blackball you for that kinda shit
>>
File: innocent.jpg (30 KB, 300x454) Image search: [Google]
innocent.jpg
30 KB, 300x454
>>71624858

The Orthodox Church is the one true Church
>>
>>71634345
Trump!!! Trump!!! Trump!!! Trump!!! Trump!!! Trump!!! Trump!!! Trump!!! Trump!!!Trump!!! Trump!!! Trump!!!Trump!!! Trump!!! Trump!!!
>>
>>71624858
This American Consumerist attitude towards religion always baffles me

You don't shop for a religion as if its some amazon item. Literally "which phone I should buy" tier thread.
>>
>>71634555
It's not that, it's just that there are so many different Christian denominations to choose from you gotta make sure you pick the right one
>>
>>71630900
you're a bit young but they make exceptions sometimes
>>
>>71634309
God willing, brother. I imagine they will.
I look forward to hearing your stories.
>>
>>71624858
tRY COPTIC ORTHODOX
>>
File: 1454361291846.jpg (91 KB, 610x735) Image search: [Google]
1454361291846.jpg
91 KB, 610x735
>>71624858
Orthodox Church.

Apophatic theology based on neoplatonism, decentralized structure and lax dogmas, as well as based, heroic values (Christus Victor).

Also beards.
>>
File: sthermanofalaska.jpg (46 KB, 386x451) Image search: [Google]
sthermanofalaska.jpg
46 KB, 386x451
>>71624858
>Lutheranism has attracted me. It has a lot of the things about Orthodoxy and Catholicism that I like (such as allowing the veneration of saints, feast days, more "traditional" liturgy, etc) without some of the silly or downright batshit insane things (like the Pope being the supreme "king" of the Church).

First of all the LCMS is the only semi-traditional Lutheran church left and you'll have to go to their earliest service to catch their "traditional liturgy" where they'll try and hide all their instruments and modern shit until the next crowd comes. And their traditional liturgy is a joke even compared to the Roman-Catholic novus ordo, which itself does not hold a candle to Orthodox Divine Liturgy. And even if you like that old time Lutheran service, know that it is very quickly dying out, and if you become Lutheran, you will probably end up getting fed up with the modernity at some point in your lifetime and go somewhere else. They only keep their traditional service for their old people that don't want to change. You'd be the youngest person there probably. Their music fucking SUCKS too. It's like it's written for 7 year old autistic girls.

Aside from the aesthetic differences, Lutherans also heretics that hold to sola fide, sola scriptura, they deny Apostolic Succession and other things, and they are in general huge liberal cucks that have a huge boner for resettling refugees in exchange for government shekels. Just become Orthodox OP, it's the best choice.
>>
>>71634309
Applied...? Did they have the petition papers online? Because they really should have done an interview first to make sure you actually want to join.
>>
>>71633465
FYI, not all Christians believe in the Holy Trinity; so answers may vary depending on who you ask.
>>
>>71624858
Mormon.
It'll be worth your time to visit and check it out sometime.
>>
>>71633108
>I don't remember the part of the bible where everyone got their confirmation.

They receive the Holy Spirit when Christ breaths on them.
Mary receives Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist when she accepts the Lord's call.
Jesus receives the Holy Spirit after he is Baptized.
>>
File: 1457214694693.jpg (391 KB, 1026x548) Image search: [Google]
1457214694693.jpg
391 KB, 1026x548
>>71624858
choose your taste
>>
>>71624858
So basically you want a church that:
>strives for simplicity
>has a high liturgy
>lacks oversight from a higher ecclesial body

You want a Restoration Movement church, probably a right-leaning Disciples or left-leaning Church of Christ congregation.
>>
>>71634052
Good goy, believe that the mentally disabled are just differently abled geniuses
>>
>>71634462
I usually just lurk, don't take part in the racist/degenerate threads. Only interesting discussion. Also, will they? I feel like they woudn't care

>>71634858
I'm going to uni in September and I basically live next to the Lodge so hopefully they'll be cool. Also I look/come across as about 25

>>71634882
Thanks, I'm looking forward to hearing from them. If I don't get in I'll just wait til I go to uni and reapply, it's only like 6 months away

>>71635237
You can express interest and then they contact you for an interview/meeting/more information. Also I'm applying, kind of a big clue that I want to join
>>
>>71624858
>orthodox church closest to the """"""original church""""""""""
>what is the Coptic church
sigh.
>>
>>71636053
You won't be talking about politics or religion.
You just show up to events and chat shit with your brothers, have a drink, and listen to some toasts. And maybe make some connections with people who can help you out some day.
And plan on where charitable donations should go.
It's fun, but it isn't serious. Also, you will for sure get in because our generation thinks mason = loominarty. Have fun.
>>
>>71635715
Protestants generally have baptisms as well.
>>
>>71636053
Righto. I was just curious if that lodge had the form online or something.
>I'm going to uni in September and I basically live next to the Lodge
That'd be easy then. Presumably a University Lodge, which usually accommodates student schedules. Let's you join earlier at 18 too (UK is normally 21).
>>
File: 1442508934213.png (339 KB, 360x478) Image search: [Google]
1442508934213.png
339 KB, 360x478
>>71633465
>Are there three different gods in christinatiy or are they suppose to be the aspects of one God?
Both.

>>71634314
Because is not stupid.
The Western World is falling down thx to Christianity with their Cuck-Moral.

Fuch the Christians, the Jews and the Muslims.
No Abrahamitic Religion in suitable for Europeans and Northern Americans.

I would even prefer Hinduism.
>>
Calvinism.
>>
>>71636346
This is true.

>>71636544
I live with my parents atm, their house just happens to be near the lodge. Going to Uni in Edinburgh, where there are 2 lodges if I'm not mistaken, they accept students. So if I don't get in now, I should get in in Edinburgh.

Will my local one accept me if I'm leaving in 5 months? It's not a University one.
>>
>>71636676
>Fuch the Christians

Good Goy.

Christianity has played as central role in our people for literal centuries. You don't seem to understand that it's historically called out the Jew on his bullshit, removed kebab in the Holy Land and kept woman in her place. Repent heathen.
>>
>>71636834
Oh you're Scottish? Man, you're in for a good time. UK ritual is good, and frankly the baseline. But Scots do it REAL well. Hope for their deacons sake that you aren't fat.
>Will my local one accept me if I'm leaving in 5 months?
Yes, but it might be easier to just apply to one there. It takes a while to get everything done since we meet only once a month, and then you'd have to sort out transferring or affiliating elsewhere since you'd only be able to join/do the 1st degree in that time.
>>
>>71636542
I know. That's cool, but they got to join all the way. They don't realize it's a marriage. The Jews used to get betrothed, married, then consummate. In Christianity we're to be Baptized, Confirmed, and receive the Eucharist. When we receive the Eucharist our soul becomes one with God. There's a reason Christ is the bridegroom and the Mass is the marriage supper of the lamb. The whole thing is a wedding feast.
>>
>>71637085
>Christianity has played as central role in our people for literal centuries.

Christianity is the reason for the fall of the East Roman Empire. Traitors, liars, or in other words: Jews.

Christianity is a Religion that was send out by Jews. It reverses all Moral reasons.

The weak are good
The last will be the first
Turn the other cheak (correct written? but u know what I mean)
etc.

It is an resentments Moral System, that harms every Non-Jew.
>>
>>71637085
You must also then know, it is written, Christianity will be what destroys the West, as, it must. Can you honestly say Christianity is a positive force for the current state of affairs? Turn the other cheek? You'll be run over and forgotten about, the world doesn't *need* Christians, it will remove them quite happily even. Hope isn't going to save you and the church most certainly would never "call out the Jew" on a single thing today. You're delusional.
>>
>>71624858

I also wonder this.
>>
>>71637112
No but I'm moving to Scotland and probably staying there.

My plan was to spend the next few months here as an initiate and learn about the organisation/do the 1st degree. Then when I go to Edinburgh I'll be able to join and be a bit more based from the outset.
>>
File: 1455846883416.jpg (82 KB, 625x500) Image search: [Google]
1455846883416.jpg
82 KB, 625x500
>>71637085
>>
>>71637085
>You don't seem to understand that it's historically called out the Jew on his bullshit, removed kebab in the Holy Land and kept woman in her place. Repent heathen.

When did Christianity do any of that?

The Crusades were a huge failure that allowed the destruction of Constantinople, and the Christian Religion allowed Jews to become extremely rich merchants by banning whites from finances

Your claims are a-historical
>>
>>71637373
Oh right. Well yea, don't join in England, as it'd mean switching systems entirely which is a bitch and costly(ish). Like, England and Wales has one Grand Lodge (governing body) and Scotland has another, so it'd be easier to just apply there, and switch to UGL England later if it comes up. You'll have prettier regalia too. Tartan and shit.

But otherwise do keep trying to learn about the organisation.
Piece of advice, if you're at all able, is to get a rough block of stone, some (lots of) canvas, and some treated white leather for reasons which will become apparent much later on, and you'll learn what to do with them.
>>
>>71637331
Not the Church of today obviously. Pope Francis is the fucking worst. What Christianity needs is to get back to what it was before all of this modernism crept in.
>>
Go to the Orthodox church in your area. But make sure that they do most of their service in English. You could be at a Greek church and they do it in Greek. There are also some American Orthodox Churches that will be all English. Most have a mix of two languages. There are a couple of books by Father Timothy Ware that you should read. Gives you a great understanding of the Church. Converted from Methodist to Orthodox
>>
File: orthodoxy or death main.jpg (82 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
orthodoxy or death main.jpg
82 KB, 600x800
>>71637361
>>71624858

The Orthodox church.
>>
File: ORTHO.jpg (3 MB, 4648x2200) Image search: [Google]
ORTHO.jpg
3 MB, 4648x2200
>>71624858
>>
>>71637758
>What Christianity needs is to get back to what it was before all of this modernism crept in.

Back to self-flagellation? Back to embracing your martyrhood and being thrown to the lions? Back to thinking that everything in this world is evil and even smiling can damn you to hell?

>>71637815

The orthodox church is as cuck as the others
>>
>>71624858
>>71625480
Is it really /pol/ that turned you to religion? To go from atheist to believer is a hell of a leap and makes me side-eye you.
>>
>>71637662
>Your claims are a-historical
You mean the Jew written History?

The Crusades were a failure because we helped the Jews to establish themselves in us.

Christianity is sheet anchor of Jews. As long as Christians live, they are motivated by the guilt cult of the eternal sinn. That makes Christians easy to controle.

Look the angelicans in the USA, they dont even hide their intentions. They admit to be the auxiliar troops of the Jews.

Jesus was a Jew. That is the lifeline of Jews in Christianity.
>>
>>71637691
Thanks for the advice, I'll wait til I move then.

Scotland sounds better every time I talk to people about it.

And shouldn't I just wait til I know what I'm doing to get all that? Is there an advantage to being prepared this early?
>>
>>71637919

The Orthodox church has the same weakness as any other christian religion: namely it is based on an insane set of morality based of rejecting assertiveness as evil

There is a reason why there are 2 million illegal immigrants in Orthodox Greek: the church actively is devoted to helping the poor, the wretched, the inferior, legal or illegal makes no difference
>>
>>71637322
>>71637322
Your savior (Jesus) said in Matthew 23:33 that the Pharisees are vipers and that they follow the father of lies. It identified the Jew as what he is, a liar. Besides Islam (which came from Christianity) what other religion correctly identifies the Enemy?
>>
Hey OP. Join a church that teaches the word of God. If there is a nearby Calvary Chapel in your area, try attending there and listen as they teach the word from the Bible. There is no politics there, only God's word is taught in Calvary Chapel. It's a non-denominational church.
>>
>>71637603
>Referring me to someone who once said of him self to be the "anti-anti-semite".
>>
Atheism
>>
>>71625480
I'm like this guy OP
I used to go to a very traditional church, that identified itself as nondenominational as it could, always putting the bible first. It is no longer around, as there aren't a lot of purely traditional churches around (they're boring to a lot of modern people). That being said, I've visited many denominations, including the catholic church (I like the ritualism/traditionalism). Just know this OP, they're all Christians in the same boat, but with different voices, rituals, slight beliefs, PROTESTant.

Here is a key:
Just find a church that puts the bible first and won't falter to modern degeneracy BEFORE the bible. PS, that's not saying to be a church that's unaccepting of degenerates. There's a difference between putting the bible first and accepting degenerates, than putting degeneracy before the bible.
>>
>>71624858
Your country was founded by Protestants, the protestant work ethic is great and I wish we had it. Now take a look at orthodox and Catholic countries, they are lazy and mostly socialist. Also Lutheranism is the most Christian like denomination
>>
>>71638193

You seem to make a massive logic gap when trying to claim that Jesus was somehow anti-jewish

You translate pharisees directly to jew as if they were the only jewish sect that ever existed

Certainly, if Jesus was anti-jew, he would have not chosen the Jew Paul to spreader his religion of surrender and self-destruction to the gentiles
>>
>>71638004
>Jesus was a Jew.
False. God has no religion. And Jesus acted (violently at times) against the Jews.

>>71638045
Hope you enjoy it, soon to be brother.
>Is there an advantage to being prepared this early?
I'd say yes. I gave a newly initiated brother that stuff once and he looked at me like i had a second head. Then much later he told me it just clicked and really helped him after he became aware of all the tools.
Except for the lambskin, which is just an homage to the 18th century when members painted and made their own aprons with symbols from the degrees they felt were important to them.
Hell, on that note, the canvas is for recreating one of the lectures at the end of each degree called a Tracing Board. Hardest lectures to memorise, but after suggesting that a brother who wanted to learn it actually make one (because in the 18th century, it would be drawn on the floor as it was recited), he nailed it in a month.
Also because art, math, and science are important to Masonry, and those are ways to be connected to them.
>>
>>71638389
PPS, because we're all unworthy of Him, and degenerates (sinners) in some manner... but I think you already know that. The point is, don't go to a hypocritical church
>>
>>71637662
I'm well aware that the Crusades ended in defeat (only after centuries of fighting). I would like to point out that at least Christians fought back against the mud-slime horde unlike pagan/Atheistfags.
>>
Didn't know that I was sharing this board with this many people that still live in the middle ages.
Oh well.
>>
File: catholics kiss nigger feet.png (1 MB, 855x604) Image search: [Google]
catholics kiss nigger feet.png
1 MB, 855x604
>>71637919
>>
File: RNxnVJII_400x400.png (128 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
RNxnVJII_400x400.png
128 KB, 400x400
>>71638558
>>
>>71638099
My comment >>71638004
was no to oppose you, just to add.

The Christians banned whites from finance, because the Jews didnt want to have competition.

The nowadays history lessons turn everything around. Now its the white man who banned the Jew from trades.

>>71638193
Abrahamitic Religions are HIV for us.
Nords are genuine close to Nature.

>>71638302
You havent read Nietzsche. Do it then u understand.

He says that he is an anti-anti semite because he regards the Jews as mentaly so strong, that they were able to cuck us all.
To achieve something like that, you must be very smart. Thats the bagground of that quote.

Though, he wrote several times that Jews and everything that was send from them is pure destructive to Non-Jews.
>>
>>71638536

> Christians fought back against the mud-slime horde unlike pagan/Atheistfags.

Not sure what you are trying to imply, but this claim is even more a-historical.

Why do you expect pagans and atheistfags to be around in the middle east of the year 1000?

Never mind that the very concept of "fighting back" is alien to the morality of Jesus, that asked his followers to embrace their crosses and submit to their enemies
>>
>>71638536
>pagan/Atheistfags
The Roman Empire was full pagan or Atheistic you moron.

600 A.C. they were full Christianized and then everything went down...
>>
>>71637148
But that's not what happened in the bible.

There was none of this crazy metaphorical nonsense, either you with Jesus or you were not - it was no more complicated or cyptic than that.
>>
>>71638615
>Nords are genuine close to Nature.
lel is that your excuse for living like savages until Christianity came?
>>
>>71638004
You seem to assume that I adhere to modern day heretical Jew-loving "Christianity". I can give you quotes out the ass of Church Fathers and other Christians who see the Jew as the supreme Enemy. Jesus was the "anti-Jew" the same way as the "anti-Christ", aka the being who would want nothing more for you to turn from the truth.

What religion do you follow anyway?
>>
File: 1457632451031.jpg (129 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457632451031.jpg
129 KB, 1124x1024
>>71624858
the fact that your tip-toeing and picking and choosing which denomination to choose proves that xtianity is pretty much dead. The whole point is to be rooted culturally with religion at childhood to form strong bonds with community, culture, and nation. But, as I mentioned before, the fact that you're this choosy about the faith just goes to show how little faith truly matters to you.

You don't become a christian for the message, but the feeling of solidarity and belonging with your immediate community. So my advice is to see which you mesh well with and worry less about the dogma beneath.
>>
File: ort.jpg (145 KB, 742x927) Image search: [Google]
ort.jpg
145 KB, 742x927
Christian flag is protestant stuff plz remove.

I ended up in Orthodoxy myself. I didn't just jump in to meme, it was a gradual process over many years with lots of religious experimentation across many sects of many religions, even spent some time with the Sikh's and Hindu's.

Orthodox theology is deceptively simple, yet bottomless, that "core" that religions "share" for lack of better wording is present in its complete form in the Orthodox church.
>>
>>71638832
Good point.
Indeed Christianity brought the Germanic tribes together, since it was the first MONOtheistic Religion in that Region.
Credit to that.

What do we face now? Total destruction of the West. It took time for Christianity to develope itself in the heathen host.

The strong pagan mindset, habitus and even Religion were quite alive back then. That made the Christians strong.
Over the Years Christianity took over and transformed us into slaves.
>>
>>71638787
Oh you mean the same Roman Empire that had people engage in orgies, had a rampant homosexuality problem (Emperor Hadrian and a few more were literal fags) and allowed the Jews to set up shop in Rome? There's more to life then being some fucking super-power.
>>
>>71639068
Really? Seemed plenty strong until two world wars kicked the shit through it, and then a bunch of Russians raped their way through it. Not Christianity.
>>
The Mormon church doesn't have any of the bullshit all the other churches do. If you want a true church, go to them.
>>
>>71639068
>What do we face now?
You mean, when Christianity is being pushed away from society?

Where Germany and the UK are borderline fedora?
Where the USA is run by liberal turds and they can't say Merry Christmas?
Where usurpers put a sneaky little antipope in power?
Where Protestant pastors are no longer well-read on the Bible and only look at it from a basic level?
Where the family is being broken down?
Where you can go to prison for saying the wrong thing to a minority on Twitter?

It's not Christianity that's made us into slaves, it's rampant secularism and the new god of the state.
>>
File: 1444735219533.jpg (409 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1444735219533.jpg
409 KB, 1200x1200
>>71638892
>I can give you quotes out the ass of Church Fathers and other Christians who see the Jew as the supreme

I know. Luther is one of them. But that is the pagan part of the Christianity in Europe.

Look at the Oriental Christians. They want to live in Harmony with Jews and Muslims.
That is admission to defeat.

>What religion do you follow anyway?
I am an atheist but not an communist anti-theist.
I belive in a God. But not for us in this world.
God created Nature with it laws. And that is what counts for us in this world.
>>
File: 22389318.png (741 KB, 504x1031) Image search: [Google]
22389318.png
741 KB, 504x1031
If you're white don't cuck yourself by worshipping a jew. Worship the old gods.
>>
>>71638743
>Why do you expect pagans and atheistfags to be around in the middle east of the year 1000?
Obviously not.

Germanfag claims that Christianity is a Jew-created religion that is used to subjugate the entire world for the benefit of the Jews.
That's a shit-tier conspiracy theory as Christians have historically been against the Jew. Including in the crusades when they justifiably slaughtered thousands of Jews.

Also: Hitler was Christian.
>>
>>71638793
It's not really cryptic. I read the entire New Testament thinking Inwas going to find conflict between the Bible and the Church and it really compliments the Church. Which makes sense since the Church put the Bible together. Think about this. All the earliest churches, assuming you don't believe the Catholic Church is the original, all believed in a Eucharist.
>>
>>71629937
>>71632298
THIS.

>>71624858
Seconding WELS. Or ELS.

>No-fuss liturgy (services take about an hour)
>Rooted in Germany and even has German language services depending on where you look
>Bible is only spiritual authority
>most conservative Lutheran church bodies today
>No gays, no women pastors, no problem
>pastors base sermons off of the original Hebrew/Greek text
>Most of the time churches are white
>Consistent message across churches since all pastors go to the same colleges
>friendly towards newcomers
>one of the only churches that goes to places like prison ministries or China to spread the Word

>>71635101
>Missouri Synod
>the church that split off from WELS because some of their teachers wanted to impress liberals
Missouri Synod's heading the way of ELCA and they don't want to admit it

>>71639424
Hitler also wanted to replace Christianity with worship of the state
>>
>>71639316
>I am an atheist but not an communist anti-theist.
>I belive in a God.

...........................You mean a Deist? I'm confused.
>>
Panama proxy you seems to prove some sort of atheism wich is off topic (read the subject again)

>>71638099
>Orthodox Greek
>greek

1st The exception does not disprove the rule

2nd Not other ortho churches , AND YES - there is a difference
Every ortho church is independent and separate. (not like catholic collectivism)
Only united by the Ortho conception

>>71638582
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>71624858
>>71629214
>>71629465
Episcopal Church for the patrician win. It has all the benefits of Catholicism without the papal nonsense and Mexicans. Growing up, my priest was an Irish Catholic who converted because he fell in love and got married. Fair warning, because each church is pretty independent, you have to feel out each congregation to see if they're cucked or based. Avoid the Anglo-Catholic churches, and find a middle church congregation that does high church on special occasions. High church all the time gets old and your suits will smell like incense. Make sure that Rite II Eucharist is the standard 11 am service because Rite I is rather tedious as it uses quasi-Elizabethan English.
>>
>>71639438
No, eucharist is grand.

I'm just saying how elaborate all these traditions are in Catholicism is no where near how it is depicted in the gospels.
>>
>>71639313
All those points of degeneracy
I was listening to the catholic radio the other day and the guy made a point with your points and more. His point was:
The world has become so degenerate now, that it's perfectly ripe to spread the word and help people be saved
>>
>>71624858
You should be an atheist again
>>
>>71624858
Catholic .
>>
>>71639567
>Hitler also wanted to replace Christianity with worship of the state

He may not have been the most fervent follower of Christ, but Hitler knew that Christianity was an important part of Western European culture, society and history. I doubt he would want it removed.

"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.."-AH
>>
>>71639676
Indeed.
Jesus hung around with sinners for this reason.
A doctor doesn't go to see the healthy, but the sick.

And that's just one reason why I try to convince myself why I'm posting on an anonymous Afghani clay modelling board throughout the day
>>
>>71638916
This comment is very good.
Unfortunately the majority of Christians dont think that way. They get corrupted by the christ-brainwashing every Sunday.

>>71639212
> Not Christianity
Who were our enemies back then?
Americans, Christians
English, Christians
European, Christians

That was a huge Civil war and you endorce it?
Moron.

>>71639313
>It's not Christianity that's made us into slaves, it's rampant secularism and the new god of the state

You are right if you say that secularism is a reason for decay. A state MUST be a state that is connected with its people. Right.
Therefore we need a Religion. Right.

But please no Abrahamitic Religion.
The dark Races hate us. Their Rulers are the Jews and Christianity is psychological warfare.

>>71639586
The prob is the most people dont understand the meaning of Religion and Theistic Religion or Monotheistic Religion and so on...
But thats a different topic...

But yes, very close to Deism.
>>
>>71639676
>The world has become so degenerate now, that it's perfectly ripe to spread the word and help people be saved
It's kind of true. A lot of people realize that Christianity helps to fill the seeming void in their lives.
It's no coincidence that the Church is growing rapidly in China
What's worth remembering is that abandoning Christianity is what led us here, not vice versa

>>71639833
>what is Kirchenkampf
>In Hitler's eyes, Christianity was a religion fit only for slaves; he detested its ethics in particular. Its teaching, he declared, was a rebellion against the natural law of selection by struggle and the survival of the fittest.
>>
>>71639957
>That was a huge Civil war and you endorce it?
That wasn't even remotely what i was saying.
It was banks against people. Not religions.
>>
File: St Benedict.jpg (635 KB, 2024x2468) Image search: [Google]
St Benedict.jpg
635 KB, 2024x2468
>>71624929
I am genuinely curious what Dalrock thinks of Jesus. I'm sure it's all "Hoorah go Paul," but I doubt Dalrock has any serious interest in the teachings of Christ.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+2:14-20

Not a single Alt-Right Winger actually likes Jesus, because they don't know him.
>>
>>71624858
The christian christians .
1. pick up bible
2. read
3. do
4. Christian life
>>
>>71639957
While it's possible to come to faith in Christ through any denomination of Christianity, you have to consider which ones have a good environment for you to continue in your faith.
>>
File: the-beatitudes-20-638.jpg (107 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
the-beatitudes-20-638.jpg
107 KB, 638x479
>>71640209
That's the best anyone can hope for.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.