[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Curt Schilling fired from ESPN for having non liberal opinio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 15
File: IMG_20160421_070801.jpg (328 KB, 1043x1341) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160421_070801.jpg
328 KB, 1043x1341
Curt Schilling fired from ESPN for having non liberal opinion

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/sports/baseball/curt-schilling-is-fired-by-espn.html?_r=0&referer=http://www.google.com/search?q=curt+schilling&oq=curt+schilling&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.12...0.0.1.750.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..34.mobile-heirloom-serp..3.8.1588.3dPN3jCiPgQ
>>
File: 1459237920575.png (7 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1459237920575.png
7 KB, 800x800
>>71623475
Would be illegal in Finland.
>>
>>71623475
Disney (who owns ESPN) is a turd of a company. They dont even let their Talk Radio hosts say the word "ass/dumbass" (which they radio hosts on literally all the other stations CAN say and do quite often)...
So yeah this reaction to what Curt said seems perfectly in-line with the company's past history.
Also, CURT IS A FUCKING RACIST.
Doesnt matter if it's due to a retweet repost or personal tweet or post.
The "it was a just a retweet" is the new "i didnt say it, i just heard someone else say it"
>>
>>71623475

Well what did he say you faggot?
God I hate this fucking OP so much
>>
>>71624418
He said' " I wouldn't want my daughter to share a bathroom with a transgendered man"

WORSE THAN A THOUSAND HITLERS!
>>
>>71623475
So boycott ESPN

also we need a /pol/nonymous to fix these problems
>>
File: Laughing-Crying-Meme-06.jpg (28 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Crying-Meme-06.jpg
28 KB, 390x310
>Schilling’s son, Grant, defended his father Tuesday on Facebook, saying: “And while I will say he’s not the most well informed in the modern LGBT+ culture, i can assure you he’s made great strides to understand people today. If he were a bigot he wouldn’t have allowed my Trans friends to stay over, he’s respected pronouns and name changes- never once have I heard him say something to me that I thought he should keep quiet about.”
>>
>The post showed an overweight man wearing a wig and women’s clothing with parts of the T-shirt cut out to expose his breasts. It says: “LET HIM IN! to the restroom with your daughter or else you’re a narrow-minded, judgmental, unloving racist bigot who needs to die.”
>>
Good. Bigots have no place in journalism. /pol/ can bitch and moan all they want but your professional life > personal life.
>>
>>71624778
fuckin-a

poor guy, sports enthusiast with a homo for a son
>>
>>71624814
Faggot or troll? can't tell anymore
>>
>>71624342
>CURT IS A FUCKING RACIST.
You say that like it's a bad thing...
>>
>>71624814
>>
>>71624789
>expose his breasts
oh no, a man's feminine pectorals
>>
>>71624853
top edgy
>>
File: 1459986339737.png (255 KB, 602x683) Image search: [Google]
1459986339737.png
255 KB, 602x683
>>71624575
Why the fuck are bathrooms such a big deal in Murrica?
Almost all of them are gender neutral here.

If these trannies can't even pass they don't deserve respect.
>>
File: 1461199570855.png (562 KB, 800x929) Image search: [Google]
1461199570855.png
562 KB, 800x929
>>
>>71623475
>Also, CURT IS A FUCKING RACIST
>FUCKING RACIST

pls leave
>>
>>71623475

kek, trump should retweet his post..
>>
So this proves beyond a reasonable doubt that ESPN is a racist organization hellbent on slaughtering innocent Jews in a holocaust.
>>
>>71624962
I'm a professional cowboy and I use catheters. Been cowboyin' for 25 years. I've had 14 broken bones, 2 concussions and a punctured lung. I know pain and I don't want any more of it. Especially when I cath.
>>
>>71624814
>Mentally ill person can't figure out what washroom to use, but they are a man
>Curt: Sorry, I don't think you should use the woman's washroom
BIGOT REEE, I just can't, I JUST CAN'T, How could someone think this way.
>>
>>71624975

god fucking cnn saying it was his tweet

it was a RETWEET
>>
>>71623475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY8tx4huoqM
>>
>>71623475
this dude is a mess. i've seen him on two 30 for 30 docs and he's clearly not sober. face red as fuck and slurring his words. if you cant be sober for a fucking interview then you've got a serious problem.
>>
>>71623475
I knew they would fire him just like I knew /pol/ would defend this bigot. How can you live in today's society, and be on TV, with those kinds of views. We wonder why the world laughs at us when we're still living in the past.

I applaud ESPN and I hope they hire a Transgender person to take his spot. You all should be ashamed.
>>
>>71623475
If you say something and get fired you NEVER EVER EVER apologize. Fuck them. You double down. They cant do any more to you. what a fucking cuck
>>
You know people that screamed MUH SLIPPERY SLOPE FALLACY should really be reexamining their position right about now

This is SO insane considering there are probably less than 50K transgender people in the entire country
>>
>>71624975
that's pretty funny though
>>
File: 1435789898309.jpg (91 KB, 438x503) Image search: [Google]
1435789898309.jpg
91 KB, 438x503
are we so afraid of opinions now that we have to censor ourselves completely in any kind of public forum?

this feels like the fucking 1950s, where non-conformity got you ostracized at best and carted off for questioning by the government at worse.

it's a thought-crime mentality and I'll fucking say the old cliche. because I don't give a fuck who knows it...

it's unamerican
>>
>>71625241
>>71625197
>>71624814

ESPN Interns?
>>
>>71625241
this. so much this.
>>
>>71624862
>>71624879
>>71625048

Nice "arguments" but at the end of the day when you're a public figure on television you can't say racist or antilgbt things.

It makes ESPN and Disney look like a bunch of homophobic bigots who can't tolerate others freedom so I'm glad they fired that piece of shit. Equal opportunity bitches
>>
>>71624789
What a big hearted slob. Schilling is and always has been a not too bright, hugely self absorbed sports guy. Years of adulation for his pitching has convinced him that every little thing he does is fascinating and important and, more importantly, right, and anything that goes wrong is someone else's fault. He thought that he could run a video game software company and got the state of Rhode Island to finance him with millions in tax credits. Of course it collapsed into bankruptcy. His sports commentary is always sour and bitter because, of course, he could have done everything better.

tldr; He was a great pitcher, but he is now a bitter old fart.
>>
>>71625419
>hurt le ESPN interns

Nope some of us just aren't narrow minded bigots who thrive off of hate
>>
>>71625446
found the shill
>>
>>71625717
>I have no real arguments so I'll call him a shill

10/10 s
>>
>>71625324
>You know people that screamed MUH SLIPPERY SLOPE FALLACY
yup. gay marriage was passed and the very next day transgenders became the top issue. and people wonder why 2nd amendment advocates wont budge. they fucking know if liberals get one thing they will ask for another the next day.
>>
>>71625717
>I have no real arguments so I'll call him a shill

gj u tried
>>
File: 1395722963124.jpg (21 KB, 215x279) Image search: [Google]
1395722963124.jpg
21 KB, 215x279
>>71625791
>>71625826
Found the tourist
>>
>>71625407
>this feels like the fucking 1950s,
it's the reverse of the 1950s. instead of christians denouncing people for degeneracy we have secularists denouncing people for intolerance.
>>
Isnt this the Kingdoms of Amalur guy?

What's he doing on ESPN?
>>
how trans people ever gained this position in society so quickly amazes me almost as much as it pisses me off.

10 years ago they were still freaks in the mainstream media too, right? butt of jokes in american movies and such
>>
>>71624418
>The post showed an overweight man wearing a wig and women’s clothing with parts of the T-shirt cut out to expose his breasts. It says: “LET HIM IN! to the restroom with your daughter or else you’re a narrow-minded, judgmental, unloving racist bigot who needs to die.”

>To that, Schilling added: “A man is a man no matter what they call themselves. I don’t care what they are, who they sleep with, men’s room was designed for the penis, women’s not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic.”

>>71624962
you have to remember they're also scared of nudity. in a bathroom you might see a PENIS and your entire youth is destroyed automatically if you're female
>>
WTF now you can get fired over an opinion?
>>
>>71623475
>A state passes a law in a completely legal manner, violating no rights
>Law is designed to keep things the way they've been for thousands of years
>Get punished for supporting this law

Holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with this world? How has it gotten to the point that certain aspects of society is so warped, twisted and above all hypocritical?

Not to mention that THERE IS NO PROOF that supporting the Transexual identity is helpful to anyone, and perhaps evidence that it is overall a detriment to their health and wellbeing. How the fuck did this shit get so crazy?
>>
File: 289890.jpg (14 KB, 199x199) Image search: [Google]
289890.jpg
14 KB, 199x199
>>71624342
transgender people aren't a race
>>
>>71624814
>>71625446
You don't quite get it. This is no different than if a journalist in Saudi Arabia were fired for casting doubt on the teachings of the prophet Muhammad. American "progressivism" or, "political correctness", is looking more and more like fundamental Islam each day.
>>
>>71626242
How would you see a penis though?
>>
>>71624814
>>71624862
>>71625440
>>71625241
>trollspam/10
>>
>>71625553
please see
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY8tx4huoqM
>>
>>71626180
>gay marriage passed
>gay activist machine has nothing to fight for
>turns to legitimizing mentally ill people that believe they are women

too many people that are career activists
>>
>>71623475
Good. I hope he gets a new job and immediately fired, fucking bigot. Glad people know now that progress is unstoppable.
>>
the faster ESPN kills itself the better the world of sports will be

they already fired mike ditka for talking shit on obama and possibly for supporting trump
>>
>>71626274
lol this happens all the time in burger land in 'right to work states' they can fire you over your religion, sexual preference, age, what you like to watch on tv, liking a comment on facebook. All of this to protect the business.
>>
>>71623475
ESPNIS IS A LIGHTWEIGHT STATION FULL OF CHOKE ARTISTS. PATHETIC!
>>
File: schilling-tweet.jpg (32 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
schilling-tweet.jpg
32 KB, 500x430
>>71626345
It's not the first time he's gotten in trouble for shit he's posted on twitter.
>>
>be woman
>fight for trans toilet rights
>go to toilet late one night
>big creepy rapist type follows me in
>I have to share a toilet with him and nobody can see us
>get raped
>at least the 0.001% of the population felt included
>>
>>71626311
>Not to mention that THERE IS NO PROOF that supporting the Transexual identity is helpful to anyone, and perhaps evidence that it is overall a detriment to their health and wellbeing. How the fuck did this shit get so crazy?
if i think im god people will call me crazy. if i think im a woman people will rally around me. it's called gender dysphoria. it's a mental illness. i have no idea why society should be required to participate in someone else's delusion.
>>
>>71626565
The only 'progress' this is making is toward the destruction of western civilization.
>>
>>71623475
The really frightening thing is not that shit like this happened but that there appears to be this huge discussion, extending from the NYT right into the man's OWN FAMILY for fuck's sake, about "extenuating circumstances", "what can be said in his favour to balance this out" etc.

"Schilling’s son, Grant, defended his father Tuesday on Facebook, saying: “And while I will say he’s not the most well informed in the modern LGBT+ culture, i can assure you he’s made great strides to understand people today. If he were a bigot he wouldn’t have allowed my Trans friends to stay over, he’s respected pronouns and name changes- never once have I heard him say something to me that I thought he should keep quiet about.”

The sons of normal, well-earning, blue-collar American guys these days have "TRANS FRIENDS"? If I had brought some mental case pumped full of hormones in a wig and a dress over to our house when I was a young man my father would have beaten the shit out of both of us.

The guy has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE ABOUT and nor has anyone associated with him. As recently as 15 years ago the HUGE MAJORITY of the US population would have rightly thought the idea of letting some crazy tranny use the girls restroom to be absolute lunatic fringe batshit craziness. The really scary thing is how incredibly quickly this now-COMPULSORY tranny-acceptance has crept up on us. All it has taken has been a few "Time" magazine covers and a bit of posturing from Bruce Springsteen and a few other billionaire opinion-sponges and suddenly you're some sort of DANGEROUS IRRATIONAL FREAK if you don't believe a guy with a dick is a woman.
>>
>>71626690
haha. and he gets fired for the tranny tweet? i bet the espn people warned him about his tweets several times before this.
>>
>>71626801
South Park said it best.

3rd bathroom for transgenders of any biological sex.
>>
>>71626801
all the perverts are starting to realize they can throw on a wig and hang out in the ladies room all day listening to them shit and piss. women are going to start avoiding certain bathrooms that are creeper hangout spots. i know everyone wants to make the 100-200 trannies in their city feel accepted but let's face it, there are way more sex deprived perverts that would love to jerk off in the ladies room than there are trannies.
>>
>>71623475
>posting your opinion about politics on social media when you have an important position in a company
So that guy was just the average idiot?
>>
Not surprised, ESPN is so liberal bix nood mufugga it's ridiculous
>>
>>71627174
Fuck that. That's one step away from getting down on our knees and sucking whatever dog's dinner these special-snowflake mental cases have made of what were once their genitalia.
NO bathroom provisions should be made for these people IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM. Maybe not having anywhere to piss in public would snap 99% per cent of them out of this self-indulgent craziness and teach them that putting on a wig doesn't make you a woman, for fuck's sake. If you want to go around dressed in drag, use the men's john and take the looks of contempt and the loud bursts of laughter you'll get for it. Or if you don't want that, stop letting your little kinky feels rule your life and wear clothes that fit the sex you actually belong to.
>>
>>71627174
this is really the only solution. guaranteed the 3rd bathroom becomes a place for fags to do anonymous hookup shit though.
>>
>>71627174
Fuck that, every business and public space in the civilized world has to build on a third bathroom to accommodate some assholes who can't pass at the cost of thousands of dollars each? Look good enough to be woman or use men's
>>
>>71627550
Hey! STOP that shit or get the fuck off /pol/!

"Only solution" my ass!

That's like saying that the only solution to niggers raping white girls is to deliver a busload of virgins to each city's black ghetto every Friday night in the hope that they'll be satisfied with that.

"Trans-sexuality", "gender dysphoria", "gender fluidity" - none of this shit even EXISTED in any noticeable form as recently as 20 years ago.

You're talking about the existence of guys pumped full of hormones screaming about "their pronouns" is an UNALTERABLE SOCIAL FACT that we have to deal with somehow.

But it's only a "social fact" because fags like you ALLOW it to be. If we just starting whacking these fuckers upside their heads and saying "cut this shit out! you're a man and having your genitals mutilated isnt gong to change that!" then there would be no need for a "solution" here because THERE WOULDNT BE A PROBLEM!
>>
>>71627544
Alternate solution: No gendered bathrooms. Everone uses the same shit.
>>
>>71626560
this probably. the thing that pisses me off is that I'm ok with gay marriage but don't see how this mental illness of "transsexualism" is in any way related.
>>
>using the social media jew
>>
Read it as 'Cunt shilling' kek
>>
>>71627174
that's easy to say if you're building a new 10.000 square meter shopping center. what about existing businesses? some tiny 20m2 coffee shop? now they need a third bathroom for the mentally ill?
>>
>>71626690
kek
That picture should have stayed on /pol/
>>
>>71628099
i think trannies and gays run in the same circles. like they go to the same bars and clubs. they've added other letters to the LGBT acronym too so as soon as they're done getting the tranny bathroom thing sorted out and letting children decide to be a different gender they will start advocating for furries or pedos or some ridiculous shit none of us can even fathom.
>>
>>71626638
>religion

False. You cannot be fired for religious views.
>>
>>71628527
Gay here. Trannies tagged along with us. Drop the T. Let women use the toilets in peace.
>>
>>71628527
Yeah, this is what really baffles me. Not just gays themselves but even the average middle-class American these days - like Schilling's son, who is quoted in the article but whom we have no reason to assume is gay - seem to just have accepted this expansion of "LB" to "LBGT+" thing as self-evident and no problem at all.

And yet what the "LBGT+" thing implies is, as you say, that what was once the "gay rights" movement is now a limitless grab-bag for ANY kind of craziness and degeneracy, most of which most gay men, I would imagine, would be as horrified by as most straight men.

It's really weird that gay and gay-friendly people have accepted it. It's like they are saying: "yeah, what actually defined us, all along, was not a specific set of sexual practices but just being so crazy and disgusting that people looked at us and said 'what the fuuuuuck?'...so naturally we feel an affinity with ANYONE found fucking a hole in a tree, eating shit off the sidewalk etc."
>>
>>71627174
That bathroom already exists though, It's called the disabled bathroom.
But in this case, it's a mental disability instead of a physical one.
>>
>>71629237
would be nice if faggots like yourself were a little more vocal about this instead of shitposting here. people will actually listen to you.
>>
File: curt-schilling-bloody-sock5.jpg (203 KB, 1500x1064) Image search: [Google]
curt-schilling-bloody-sock5.jpg
203 KB, 1500x1064
Can't shill the Schill

Great man, great athlete, and even a true vidyakino guy.
>>
>>71629237
why the fuck do people care about literally .03% of the population?
>>
>>71629251
yup. they're going to be advocating for increasingly reprehensible lifestyles and it will all be considered part of the gay movement. like even the bathroom laws here are called "anti-gay" when it has nothing to do with faggots.
>>
>>71629537
has his video game company made anything successful? is it still in business?
>>
>>71629251
I understand why they did it in the first place. All those "oppressed" groups together are stronger than they are individually. And I guess mainstream Americans accepted it at the time because they were all godless faggots. And now the trannies don't want to give up their powerful machine even though gays have achieved their goals.

But I agree that it makes absolutely no sense. Gay people just want to have relations with people of their same sex. They know what and who they are. It's a totally different issue from "transsexuals" who are mentally ill with a weak grasp on reality.
>>
File: 1461171652549.jpg (23 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1461171652549.jpg
23 KB, 636x358
>>71629566
Real life memes, they don't want to discuss real issues that are more difficult to deal with.
>>
>>71629537
Sorry, but if he "watches his pronouns" when his son invites some insane tranny back to their home - as opposed to kicking both of them a couple of times round the block - he can't be the "great man" you think he is.
>>
>>71629566
television makes people think trannies are more like 1% of the population. guaranteed the number of perverts that would abuse the bathroom laws is larger than the actual population of trannies.
>>
File: 1458328886726.jpg (568 KB, 800x1915) Image search: [Google]
1458328886726.jpg
568 KB, 800x1915
>>71623475
Future progression for Curt:

> apologies
... still irrelevant, thinks what to do next
> full-transition surgical and hormonal from Curt to Celine
.... hired back at ESPN as a prime time anchor
>>
File: joker pointing.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
joker pointing.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>71629263
>>
>>71625241
>How can you live in today's society, and be on TV, with those kinds of views.

Because freedom means people can have views you DO NOT like and it is OK. AND these people can hold jobs and work right beside you.

The problem with SJW is they literally want all people with opposing views to disappear.
>>
>>71625440
That. So much that.
>>
>>71624342

>Disney

So jews. Everytime

I am not surprised
>>
File: tumblr_myvxgyYQOL1rp5z3co1_500.jpg (20 KB, 426x392) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myvxgyYQOL1rp5z3co1_500.jpg
20 KB, 426x392
>>71623475
>have an opinion
>lose your source of income
That's just crazy to me
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.