[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Andrew Shaw suspended for using gay slur during Blackhawks playoff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: cut.jpg (52 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
cut.jpg
52 KB, 960x540
Chicago forward required to undergo sensitivity training

>http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/andrew-shaw-gay-slur-1.3544347

Chicago forward Andrew Shaw has been suspended one game for using a gay slur during Game 4 of the Blackhawks' first-round series against the St. Louis Blues.

The National Hockey League also fined him US $5,000 for making an inappropriate gesture toward a referee.

Shaw was sent off for interference with just over two minutes left in the third period, hurting Chicago's chance for a comeback in what would eventually be a 4-3 loss at home. While sitting in the penalty box, Shaw pounded on the glass with his stick and then yelled what looked like a slur toward someone on the ice.

No known audio exists of what he said in the noisy arena, but video of the incident quickly surfaced on social media

Where were you when the NHL died?
>>
>>71597417
Fucking bullshit. Faggot and fag are just good insults regardless of whether they are directed at gay people.
>>
Where can I support this man
>>
>>71597417
fag is said 1000's in every sports game by almost all players - how the fuck is this even issue? I need Yosemite to blow already god damn!
>>
>>71597417
>a brutal game, where brutal men injure clash heavily
>MUH SENSITIVITY

wew
>>
>>71597715

I don't see a foundation or charity in his name.

His twitter is a start.

https://twitter.com/shawz15er?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

>>71598080

It's the first time, and Shaw got lucky compared to these two

>A national television audience heard Kobe Bryant shout the same slur that Shaw used in 2011 at a referee he thought had made a bad call during a basketball game. Chicago Bulls centre Joakim Noah yelled it at a Miami Heat basketball fan who had been getting on him during a game a month later. Both quickly apologized, and the National Basketball Association hit them with large fines: Bryant was fined $100,000 and Noah $50,000.
>>
>>71597417
>hockey player
>has to undergo sensitivity training

Fucking dumb.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcja4WFFzDw
>>
>>71598653
The first minute of this is fucking gold
>>
File: 175.gif (204 KB, 404x416) Image search: [Google]
175.gif
204 KB, 404x416
>>71598653
>>
File: 1448284160482.jpg (86 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1448284160482.jpg
86 KB, 500x598
>>71597417
>>
>knock somebodies tooth out
>5 minute major
>mouth the word fag
>get suspended in playoffs
i hate /r/hockey
>>
>>71597417
>game where you beat the shit out of each other
>say fag in anger and you have to go to sensitivity training
We're doomed, it's all over
>>
Good thing they don't understand Russian, our NHL players would stay suspended forever if they did.
>>
>>71598340
>apologized

bad move
>>
Kobe did the same thing but I can't remember if he was suspended

anyway, it's humorous liberals think athletes don't use the word a thousand times a day off camera
>>
>>71600328
whats more humorous is that calling you a faggot is the standard liberal response when you dont agree with their opinions
>>
I mean, I fucking hate Shaw. But this I can get behind. Fuck the NHL and language policing, the league is a fuckin joke.

Fuck off NHL.
>>
>>71600328

Don't know if he was suspended but he was fined 100k. Drop in a bucket to him. But still
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.