[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do monarchies still exist in 2016?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: o-QUEEN-ELIZABETH-BLING-570.jpg (155 KB, 570x855) Image search: [Google]
o-QUEEN-ELIZABETH-BLING-570.jpg
155 KB, 570x855
Why do monarchies still exist in 2016?
>>
>>71582219
because they run your shit.
>>
>>71582219
Because the Queen, as many presidents in European countries, serve mainly a representative purpose. There is a prime minister who is the pendant to your American president. It doesn't really matter if an elected person shakes putins hand if he visits the country or a monarchist
>>
>hey guys I'm a fat fucking gay retard, but let me enlighten you about stuff

fuck off
>>
>>71582219
Because some of aren't traitorous cowardly Judeo-Masonic France-backing scum.
>>
>>71583990
A
>>
Because the head of state is a figurehead. We prefer to have history and cultural identity, unlike you fat mouth breathing yankees
>>
>>71582219

For the sole purpose of triggering burgers
>>
there is literally nothing wrong with a ceremonial monarchy
>>
Tourism.
>>
>>71582219

Because the Eternal Anglo must indulge his servile instincts somehow
>>
>Why do monarchies still exist in the PRESENT CURRENT YEAR, SRSLY GUYS, COME ON, ITS 2016 FOR CHRIST SAKE!
>>
File: 1406154974142.jpg (58 KB, 427x399) Image search: [Google]
1406154974142.jpg
58 KB, 427x399
>>71583119
>>71583990
>>71584021
>>71584148
>>71584189
Truly united by common blood and heritage we are
>>
The only good form of government. A constitutional monarchy. Where the king has the power to appoint the government and the parliament acts as a check and balance to the God given monarch. A monarch that the people love and adore
>>
>>71583749
Sort of. The presidency of the US is somewhat like a fork off the British monarchy at a time when the King had a much more active role in the government. In that, the President is something like the monarch and the PM combined, although to compare the office of the PM to offices of the US Congress, sort of like if the Speaker of the House had any executive powers.
>>
>>71583990
That's some fucking MAJOR butthurt my friend. Whats got you down?
>>
>>71584493

No, direct democracy is the best
>>
>>71584597
I'm fat and tired all teh time, just going to drink rum and swear at people. Fuck off.
>>
>>71584661
>direct democracy
A Frenchie would condone organized chaos
>>
>>71582219
Constitutional Monarchism is the best way of Government known to man
>>
>>71584661
Lol? Im sick of that logic. The "one person one vote logic" is fucking bullshit. I am trying hard to understand whats going on in the world, gather information and reflect. And this vote should count as much as the vote of some stupid ass retard? The truth is, that stupid people are the majoriy. How do smart people, or at least people who are actively trying to think critically deserve to be ruled by morons?
>>
Because the Queen technically still owns a shit ton of land. The royal family basically leases it to the government.
>>
>>71584845

Literally everything fucking over the West is done without consulting the people. Liberalising immigration, outsourcing jobs, joining the EU/NAFTA, etc.

I should add that the Queen of England has the power to stop these things all over the Commonwealth but she clearly doesn't give a fuck as long as she gets to keep her throne. Fuck the Queen of England, fuck the monarchy.
>>
>>71585061

How would you define smart people in elections? Having a university indoctrination? Spergs who can pass IQ tests?

This is a stupid line of argument because it's completely idealistic
>>
>>71584285
Inbred French cuck detected. New France was conquered and destroyed a long time ago. Your "unique culture and language" is a mongoloid version of french and cheese and gravy on fries.
>>
>>71585229
Its probably idealistic but its naive to think that the current system is the best
>>
How did we end up with democracy anyway? We started with a republic, suddenly everyone wanted their "right" to vote. Now we have democracy, and it's terrible. They should have enshrined it in the constitution that only male land-owners are able to vote. No exceptions.

I'll take a strong constitutional monarchy over democracy. Even people thousands of years ago knew democracy was a shit-tier idea.
>>
Democracy is a meme
>>
>>71585534
>implying feudalism is any good
>>
>>71585455

The current system is representative democracy. I'm thinking more of something like Switzerland where the federal government basically can't do anything but military and diplomacy, everything is run at the most local level possible, and major things affecting the whole country are put up for referendum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IErXg5kBXXg
>>
>>71585534

If you don't believe in democracy, then you have no right to claim what would be better, you filthy serf.
>>
>>71585105

>implying using that power wouldn't cause a civil war
>>
>>71584091
Based loyal redblooded nationalist.
>>
>>71582219
Because a monarch is loyal to their nation, a monarch is raised from birth to be a head of state.

A political, on the other hand, will be corrupt, someone who has to take bribes to get power, someone who must win popularity contests.
>>
>>71585817

Then why have it at all?
>>
File: its2015.png (364 KB, 1437x685) Image search: [Google]
its2015.png
364 KB, 1437x685
Come to realize that a few hundred years is not a long time to groups who have been organized for thousands.

>It's 2016!
>>
>>71582219
Because they're far better and more consistent on average than societies ruled only by politicians.
>>
>>71584285
Here is a study I didn't include in the first post proving your inferior recessive genes.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11701644
>>
>>71585888

What i am saying is perhaps she doesn't want to cause that? not if it is correct or not to cause it. Civils wars are often very bloody and can y'know, deter people from causing them.
>>
>>71585853
What utter bullshit
>>
>>71584556
The US never broke off from the British monarchy because of the King

It was directly a conflict with Parliament
Not the King or the Monarchy

Also the US system can't really be equatable to the British system

Apart from a bicameral legislature and common law, there isn't much in common

Is the US speaker head of government/legislature?

The Speaker in the UK runs the functioning of parliament, but the prime minister runs the executive/government
>>
>>71585918

I had the same mentality as Trudeau when I was 15/16
>>
Say the word democracy. Notice how good it sounds. Everything democratic is good. A democratic meeting, a democratic policy, a democratic giraffe... if the adjective fits the noun at all, anything you paint with it comes out shiny and bright.

Now say the word politics. Notice how bad it sounds. This person is a politician. She's being so political. These dangerous proposals would politicize US foreign policy. Every use of the word is negative. Everything you paint with it comes out sordid and mean.

But... what is democracy without politics? Is there any such thing? If there is, doesn't it sound like something North Korea would come up with? Our higher form of democracy has transcended mere politics. Uh huh. Sure. I know where you're going with that.

As objective realities — structures of governance — aren't democracy and politics in fact... synonyms? But if they're the same word, how can they have opposite connotations? How can it be that everyone knows, obviously, of course, democracy is a good thing, but politics is a bad thing?

-MM
>>
>>71586165
Wow, what a great refutation of my point.
>>
>>71582219
Because the peasants are too cowardly to do anything about it, instead grasping at rationalizations.
>>
>>71585105
>doesn't know shit about the constitutional role of the Monarch
>Refers to her as Queen of England
>A title that hasn't existed since 1707

Opinion discarded you shitberg leaf
>>
File: 1370236760199.jpg (11 KB, 210x144) Image search: [Google]
1370236760199.jpg
11 KB, 210x144
>saying this when the current president is literally king nigger barry obobo
>>
>>71586149

So the Queen can stop immigration and cuckery, but she instead chooses to endorse it. She has personally signed every single cucked piece of legislation that your government has passed. Why again do you need her?

>>71586279

My point is she's a foreign monarch.
>>
File: 1451244175123.jpg (129 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1451244175123.jpg
129 KB, 500x700
>>71586475
Fucking French faggot or one of Trudeau nu Canadians

You are the foreigner here
>>
>>71584189
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>71585084
Not quite, the Queen's personal estate is significant but not THAT significant. Most is under the possession of "The Crown" - which is sort of the legal entity that the monarch embodies but isn't the monarch in person. "The Crown" is basically synonymous with "The Government" (in its administrative, not political, sense) these days
>>
>>71585716
Only because its working in Switzerland it does not mean it would work elsewhere..
The Soviets had a similar system aswell, wich was one of the reasons this state failed
>>
File: 1377446897238.jpg (92 KB, 720x567) Image search: [Google]
1377446897238.jpg
92 KB, 720x567
>>71582219
The so-called democracy sure is working out great for us huh?
>>
>>71582219
Because it's functional.

More or less, better than republics though
>>
>>71586475

>this edge

A lot of people die in civil wars my friend, being the one to start such a thing can't be very easy. Also, never said we needed her.
>>
>>71586710
If you really want to be technical, the ''Crown'' is the most expansive and all encompassing legal entities in existence. Imagine if the Crown was constituted as a single political entity/country
>>
>>71582219
IT'S 2016!
>>
>>71586475
> She has personally signed every single cucked piece of legislation that your government has passed.
No British monarch has withheld royal assent since 1708. To do so today would basically sound the death knell for the monarchy.
>>
>>71586576

Decolonisation should have included Quebec. It doesn't really matter anyway since the continued implosion of Anglo-Canada will make independance inevitable.

>>71586805

So what, the Queen says that immigration should stop and then the cuck brigades of Britain will rise up to ensure the extinction of their country? Sure. Have you considered that the Queen just cares more about her personal fortune and the continuation of her family's rule than about the country she rules over?
>>
>>71586861
Yeah I know but it's hard to explain without going off on a tangent - the point was the the monarch, personally, doesn't own all the land :)
>>
>>71582219
One day we'll realize democracy is shit.
>>
>>71586944

Either way, it's done in some of the remaining continental monarchies, but never for important things like immigration.
>>
>>71582219
Convenience and diplomacy, there's literally no reason to dismantle them.
>>
>>71586994
She may not own the land.

But she does own our hearts :3
>>
>>71587056
He says, while enjoying life in the best country on the planet and enjoying the best standard of lives brought to him by democracy
>>
Why is there always some asshurt yankee cocksucking canuckle fuck in these threads?

>I totally don't give a shit about the queen
>she has no real power
>that's why I'm shitting up your thread and posting like a manic single mother on facebook

get the fuck out of here you fucking shitskin queer.
>>
>>71587201

Looks like she owns their loos too :^)
>>
>>71587288
Owed entirely to 100's of yeas of British monarchy
>>
>>71587123
Theoretically our Gov General can withhold consent too but I don't believe it's ever been done here either (except temporarily to allow the monarch to personally assent)

Continental monarchies have of course evolved an entirely different system :)
>>
>>71585713
>implying constitutional monarchy has anything to do with feudalism
>>
>>71586165
The threat of the military siding with their monarch is a far more credible threat to a potential tyrannical politician than a bunch of [muh second amendment] rednecks running around in the woods.
>>
>>71585105
youre literally illiterate
>>
>>71587288

Technological advancement is responsible for his high quality of life, not his form of Government.

What matters are the policies implemented by his Government. In this case, Democratic Governments can be as bad, if not worse, at stifling scientific advancement than other government types.

Attempting to insinuate that Democracy is responsible for the technology and quality of life we experience now only shows your ignorance of history.
>>
>he fell for the judeo-masonic classical liberalism meme
>>
>>71587293
Americans hate the monarchy in principle, but love it in practise. It's simultaneously their greatest strength and weakness that they cling so tightly to idealism instead of empiricism.
>>
>>71584661
>direct democracy
>allowing the majority of the population to make decisions that they are not qualified to make
please fucking stop, you stupid fucking leaf.

>I CARE ABOUT THE RIGHT TO VOTE RATHER THAN USING LIMITED DEMOCRACY TO ELECTED THE BEST POSSIBLE LEADERS TO WORK IN THE INTEREST OF THE PRESERVATION OF THE STATE
>>
>>71582219
Why do monarchies trigger so many americans?

You're a faggot.
>>
>>71589763
Tall poppy syndrome. They can't seem to handle people having something they can't.
>>
>>71585918
I kinda do this now, I really don't check news sites, if something happens it'll be on the front page of /pol/.
>>
File: obama-muslim.jpg (48 KB, 632x560) Image search: [Google]
obama-muslim.jpg
48 KB, 632x560
>>71589086

>BEST POSSIBLE LEADERS

Heh, just keep telling yourself that
>>
>>71582219

they still exist [at least in the west] because they gave away their political power and remained as cultural and historical figures.

for instance in france or russia they didn't want to give that political power away and, well, you know what happened to them...
>>
>>71585780
>if you disagree with me then you can't have an opinion
Not an argument.
>>
>>71593026

Democracy is the idea that everyone's opinion should be taken into consideration for the political process. So if you don't believe in democracy you should extend that principle further and watch these threads happening without contributing.
>>
>>71582219
we was queens an shit
>>
>>71593294
>Democracy is the idea that everyone's opinion should be taken into consideration for the political process
It's more that every vote has (usually equal) weight. Only in despotic tyrannies are opinions not considered.
>>
>>71582219
They're reptilians in disguise.
>>
>>71585825
Fuck off Savoy
>>
File: 1460008775176.jpg (46 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
1460008775176.jpg
46 KB, 398x409
>>71582219
dictatorship and monarchy are actually the most effective forms of government.

they are only bad when you get a bad ruler. and they are amazing with an amazing ruler.

democracy. (or more accurately in the west, representative "democracy")
just mediates the power enough that bad rulers dont completely fuck your country.
>>
>>71582219
8/10. Would fuck.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.