[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /pol/ red pill on NPR.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 22
File: Unknown.png (2 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
2 KB, 259x194
Why do so many modern/hipster liberal "Intellectualist" always listen to npr? What is the appeal?
>>
They like listening to themselves. Same as most groups, really.
>>
>>71577161
>The male announcers have the testosterone of 12 year-olds.
http://m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/220/transcript
>>
It's a decent show. Soothing to listen to. The format really inhibits the ability to delve deep though.

You should really only use it as a jumping off point for looking further into new stories that might interest you.

I remember some bitch at my school kept citing NPR in her arguments. She literally had no idea what she was talking about, and was trying to have a debate with an economics professor by saying, "well on NPR...."

It's better than listening to the top 40 desu senpai.
>>
>>71577161
They're hypnotized.
>>
>>71577161
I listen to NPR on my way to school and work every day.

There's an obvious leftist lean, but it's probably one of the more balanced and trustworthy news stations around.

While I don't always agree with what they're saying, they just seem much more ethical than CNN, FOX, MSNBC and all the other big media corporations. And it's commercial free so that's nice.
>>
>>71577993
>they just seem much more ethical than CNN, FOX, MSNBC and all the other big media corporations.
I'd put them all about on par. It's fun to compare how they each spin things or selectively ignore things.

>And it's commercial free so that's nice
Did you miss all the parts where they tell you who underwrote things and what their latest slogans are? Or all the times they sit around and beg for more money even though they're already paid for commercially, partialy government funded, and don't pay taxes?
>>
File: 1453674227463.jpg (49 KB, 552x523) Image search: [Google]
1453674227463.jpg
49 KB, 552x523
>>71577161
NPR is hit and miss, but their bias really shows through in some instances.

Last November starting the day after the Paris attacks occurred, for at least a month there wasn't a day where I didn't hear at least one story about Muslims feeling unsafe, discriminated against, and mortified that people were questioning the peaceful rhetoric of Islam.

They were not subtle about it in the slightest.
>>
>>71578201
Commercial free, as in they don't cut to BUY THE NEW TACO BELL QUESALUPA every five minutes
>>
Now that Click and Clack are off the air (and Ray died) I really don't have much of a reason to listen.

I wake to it every day for an hour because my wife has her radio set to it, and she gives $350 each year to them. Meh. At least they do local traffic and weather every 20 minutes.

Diane Rehm is OK. She tries to be really fair, and she persevered after her stroke. The slur is just something you have to ignore.
>>
>>71578201
>last week was a pledge drive
best part is listening to them beg and knowing you won't donate a cent
>>
>>71578570
>implying I don't want to be informed immediately when Taco Bell launches a delicious new menu item
>>
File: Inskeep.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Inskeep.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
>>71577503

This. This motherfucker makes me want to find him and and beat the smug liberal out of him. Seriously, he fucks up my mood some mornings.
>>
>>71578570
No, they just shilled for Hillary and rapefugees so much that I would rather hear about what plants crave.
>>
>>71577161
They're honestly the best source of news in my area and present a lot more global stories than domestic ones, which I'm interested in.

Also I don't have unlimited data on my phone, so streaming a better news outlet isn't in my ability right now.
>>
>>71578708
I donated back when they were better. Then they sold off the station to new owners who turned it from a cool local fixture into a wall-to-wall globalist shillfest. They even have BBC programming now. Half the staff left in protest.

It's sad because they continue to have some decent local news coverage during some of the news breaks.
>>
>>71577161
>What is the appeal?
if you're in the car and like listening to the news instead of shit music in the morning its pretty much the best there is

also hearing their poorly concealed asspain over Trump is fun too
>>
>>71577993
I agree, reasonable-anon. There's usually something interesting being discussed, political or not.
>>
>>71578455
Forgot to mention that they also have been receiving some massive donations from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for some time.

It really has me questioning quite a bit of the content I hear in their stories, particularly anything about common core.
>>
>>71579225
The don't cover common core. They cover lgbt rights and lgbt rights and feminism and lgbt rights
>>
>>71579156
So I happened to catch the Dianne Rheme show one morning on my way to work and she was totally pushing the buttons of this pair of whiny shills who were there to run talking points about how racist Trump and Carson were, and how they said scary not-allowed things about Islam.

That was funny as hell. NPR definitely has its moments.
>>
>>71577161
Not sure but listening to NPR is a diagnostic symptom of beta cuck.
>>
>>71579225
Another time I was going to get gas and the presenter welcomed Harvy Metzler from the Rubenstein Foundation for Governance and World Safety or whatever, and the presenter literally say, "Americans want to know more about XYZ official government line. Tell us how we should be thinking."
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1080
I'm gonna miss Garrison Keillor when he leaves. Prairie Home Companion was a big part of my view of America.
>>
I just listen to it because they play classical and jazz on NPR where I am. If they're doing a talk show, I switch stations
>>
>>71579607
See him in person if you can. It's totally worth it, and ads a whole new dimension to the show.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1538x3300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1538x3300
>>
File: splash-trump-a1.jpg (378 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
splash-trump-a1.jpg
378 KB, 1500x844
I listen to NPR on my way to and from work.

Market place is actually pretty good. It's mostly just interesting stuff about economics, it's not really that biased, so I enjoy that a lot.

The news in the morning is pretty liberal though. Today they were talking about the 500 migrants who drowned and the lady was like "What are people doing to stop this?!?!"
MFW I was just sitting there thinking NOTHING!!!
>>
>>71579754
I've been to three or four with my family. Unfortunately I'm going to miss his last tour through town, I would have liked to go.
>>
>>71577161
They were exposed as muslim cock suckers years ago by undercover breitbort. Fuck them to death.
>>
Car Talk is 100% based and if you disagree then you should suckstart a shotgun
>>
>>71580084

But Ray is dead, and they went dark years ago.

It was an awesome show now, but it's a bit odd to hear, "Hi. I have a 1991 Toyota Celica with 30K miles on it...." Then you realize they're re-running a show from 1995.

Oh, and let me say one more time, "FUCK STEVE INSKEEP!!"
>>
>>71579835
>rt
>anything but absolute shit tier
>>
npr is insufferable crap.
>>
>>71577993
What he said.
>>
Kajon Cermak always makes me angry.

But as far NPR specific programming goes, they're pretty alright until they start shilling for something.

If I hear another damn story about the refuges I'm gonna flip. I've been listening to some AM station more often now because of it.
>>
>>71580347
it's actually better than all of the other ones when reporting news that doesn't directly relate to Russia.
>>
>>71577632

I'd rather listen to AT40 if Casey was still doing it, but he's long dead at this point.
>>
>>71578201
NPR is not government funded you moron. All donations are from listeners.
>>
File: NPR shekel report.png (167 KB, 785x592) Image search: [Google]
NPR shekel report.png
167 KB, 785x592
>>71578708
>p-please donate more shekels to us
meanwhile 300k salaries

http://www.npr.org/about/statements/fy2014/NPR%202013%20990%20PIC.pdf
>>
it has nice people
>>
File: life as a vikings fan.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
life as a vikings fan.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>71578621

This. Tom and Ray were great.

>tfw you'll never call in to car talk ever again
>>
File: 1460604708239.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1460604708239.png
21 KB, 900x900
>live in nevada
>wonder for the longest time growing up why our news radio station was so widely known
>>
>>71578455

This. It's fucking unbearable sometimes. It's literally "white people are mean to minorities, minorities are the good guys all the time" the channel.
>>
>>71580266
It's still comfy to listen to on saturday mornings with a cup of coffee when you're in the shop or reading the paper, IMO.

Plus, NPR might have an obvious left-leaning bias but they're the only radio station in the county that plays jazz
>>
>>71580939
They even announce it during pledge drives, dude. Anyway, being tax-free is the same as being government-subsidized.
>>
>>71580939
I thought they were government funded.
>>
NPR is Rebbit tier intellectually. Rather listen to Stefan all day than these leftist try hards.
>>
>>71581281

Some of their political segments on the radio are actually very well politically balanced and neutral.
>>
>>71581362
>>71580939
about 5% government funding, which keeps them from endorsing any political candidate.
>>
>>71578455
>>71577993
>>71581261
Does their political rhetoric change depending on who is president?
>>
>>71581328
>>71581530

Oh. Well okay then.
>>
>>71577161

Has an obvious liberal bias, but I'll admit they do often try to get a diverse range of guests to come on.

And I mean intellectually diverse, not just skin color.
>>
>>71581362

They used to get some money from the gov't, but the republicans cut it so they went more liberal in response.

They have some decent, original programming. I normally only listen to Sirius these days, but like I said when the wife has control of the radio it's always NPR.

The last time I drove back from Oregon to Ohio I listened to NPR on Sirius because I wanted to think instead of just listen to music.
>>
File: 1461118298408.jpg (100 KB, 486x806) Image search: [Google]
1461118298408.jpg
100 KB, 486x806
>>71581281
Dis right here, jazz for the soul
In my area they put on recently performed concertos in the mornings too, comfy stuff
The news segments are biased as fuck though, especially ones about Trump, they openly beg for that contested convention.
>>
>>71577161

I'm not sure because MSNBC would be a much better hyperliberal echo chamber than NPR, which is relatively fair by liberal media standards.

I'm guessing simply because it's the only liberal channel on radio. Why they dont just download huffpo podcasts? eh.
>>
It's the sound more than anything. Regardless of what's being said, the slow, soft, sibilant tone, all close to the mic, it's so good to listen to.
>>
NPR is government/nonprofit-financed, leftwing propaganda that makes people feel cultured when they tell others they listen to it. At any given hour, what you're most likely to hear is identity politics couched in tearful stories told in hushed, androgynous voices.

Feel nice and smug as you listen to the struggles of transgendered yogo instructors, the sole black student on the racist school chess team, the woman who left her abusive husband for a Nepalese hermaphrodite.

Breathe it in, goy.
>>
>>71581005
Holy fuck I never knew this. I should call in during their pledges and bring this up.
>>
The pro refugee shilling is really cringe worthy, but otherwise one of the better more professional news outlets out there.
>>
>>71581841
That's the worst part. And Neta Oulabi or however you spell it makes me want to puke.

Vintage BBC uber alles when it comes to the sound. Give me a good old fashioned loudspeaker with an all-range driver and the "BBC dip" built into it acoustically.
>>
If you have a good head for exctracting fact from narratives, it's a decent news source.
>>
>>71581592
here's where their funding comes from.

They are still just as liberal as any other liberal media source though. Other than MSNBC that is
>>
>>71581708
They're bringing in Buzzfeed reporters now to collaborate with stories. NPR is officially shit now.
>>
>>71582106
This right'cheer

It's why I don't mind their bias. I will also say that I credit /pol/ with helping me sift the pertinent facts away from the fluff whenever they run stories about shit that matters
>>
>>71581584
They play up Trump controversies, and play down Clinton controversies. They were the ones who first reported on Trump saying "schlonged" and implied that it was sexist. They recently had a "Fact Check" about big business contributions to the Clinton campaign where they ignored some sources of money and pretty much carried water for her talking points.
>>
>>71577161

They're still of the absurd belief that calling something "public" means it's fair, unbiased, and isn't tailored to suit someone's greater agenda at the expense of the truth.

Precisely why leftistfags are all fucking retards. They accuse conservatives of "only getting their news from Fox" when they go back to the same 3-4 sources over and over who are just giant hugboxes for leftist ideals.

Funny and sad at the same time.
>>
>>71577161
NPR is a good news source, you just have to remember they're biased and are always trying to appeal to emotion when it comes to humanitarian themed news. Pretty much always side with "refugees" and illegals.

For example, when Hungary used the water guns and tear gas on the refugees, NPR made no mention of how the refugees were threatening Hungarian police and throwing bricks and rocks at them. The RT stream gave you a clear view of this happening, but very few medias reported on it.
>>
>>71582388
Yeah but last time I checked wikipedia, it had lots of [citations] proving LITERALLY PROVING that NPR, if anything, is biased TOWARD THE RIGHT.
>>
>>71581193
Lel
You seem like a cool guy, anon
>>
>>71580939
10% of its funded is CFB grants, paid for by the taxpayer. Another 5-6% non-CFB money directly from government. This doesn't include the money they get from public universities.

All together they get a significant portion of their funding from government sources. And a another large portion from D.C. based non-profits who survive off government contracts. Hence why they tow the Obama white house line on pretty much every issue.

Even leftist icon Chomsky claims they have the most "controlled" message in mainstream media.
>>
File: 1460220169799.gif (996 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1460220169799.gif
996 KB, 500x400
Hah, I remember when I was 16, my dad overheard me listening to NPR, walked over, turned it off, and said "don't listen to that lying liberal propaganda, it'll make you a faggot"

Based nazi dad
>>
File: 1421077524752.gif (483 KB, 207x154) Image search: [Google]
1421077524752.gif
483 KB, 207x154
>>71582481
If you believe that NPR has a right wing bias you should honestly kill yourself
>>
>>71577161
I used to listen to wnyc (npr) in the morning a lot, but now all they fucking talk about is goddamn refugees and how they have a team of journalists in the middle east reporting on it 24/7

like i stopped for a week or so, then I tried to turn it back on and then BAM within literally 5 seconds they were talking about some refugee camp that no one cares about
>>
>>71582824
QXR has better classical music to be honest
>>
>>71577161
It's good though. Yes there is some bias, but there is also an attempt (often successful) at objectivity. I listen to compare what I get off /pol and youtube to the standard narrative.

Lately This American Life has been more left biased than I'm comfortable with, but it's generally excellent for instance.

Good news in the morning, in depth talks on issues on car rides.

It's been noise in the background for me in the dialup days of the internet when I didn't care to own a TV, and there was no youtube.
>>
File: itsallpolitics.jpg (95 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
itsallpolitics.jpg
95 KB, 1400x1400
I used to listen to them for their political coverage.
What's a good podcast for politics anyways?
>>
>>71581584
You just described /pol/ famtbh
>>
>>71583014
Fash the nation.
>>
>>71582897
i like how they play jazz starting at like 12 am but yeah i guess
>>
It's nice to hear other (read: wrong) opinions and for headlines they are top notch. I don't know what selection process they use but they always have the best headlines.
>>
>>71583189
But are there puns?
Like "I can't thing of a single reason he won't be running, or a married one for that matter"?
>>
>>71583211
Jazz is the only true wee hours of the morning music.
>>
>>71582994
Are you referring to the episode recently where they were literally talking about how great it was for a white guy to raise another man's son who was black?
>>
>>71577263
And they like the smell of their own farts.
>>
>>71578455
This. I listen to npr every day because fuck the music on the radio. There are some interesting stories and pretty high quality reporting, the bias is in what they choose or choose not to cover. The reporting itself is great though.

Sometimes its hard not to grind my teeth at the fucking smugness of some of the jew hosts though.
>>
>>71577161
Car talk is great
The rest is just liberals begging for money
>>
>>71579457
doon't hate on DIaNE reeeeeemsss.
>>
>>71579835

I always lose it at CNN.
>>
I've been listening to it everyday on the way to school for last 4 months (only station I can get out here). It is obviously very lefty in every way. Off the top of my head are the programs I can remember hearing lately:

Communist organizer trying to get illegals and blacks to trust each other and fight their day labor employers

Coded political language that is an appeal to racists, all about Repubs and trump, one mention of clintons.

over 9000 brave women authors writing about women from a womans perspective

over 9000 islam is the religion of peace according to this western woman convert

NC bathroom bill thing being the worst thing in the world.

Black crime being a product of systemic racism explained by a blm organizer

I cant think of a single program where right wing shit was framed as anything other then evil.
>>
>>71583991
Don't misinterpret. She was giving them hell in sprite of having several on-air strokes and talking at about 4 words per minute.
>>
>>71579607
Really? I'd like to beat him to death with an aluminum bat.

Good musical guests though. Too bad that narcissistic goblin has to sing along
>>
>>71583625
yes absolutely
>>
>>71583729
It's nice to yell "Nice try nigger!" angrily at the radio though. You should try it instead of grinding your teeth.
>>
>>71582481
NPR: Neocon Propaganda Radio
>>
>>71577161
They're as bad as the rest of them in my opinion. Go check their front page right now. Scroll all the way down. It's looking more and more like CNN.

Frontline was comfy, but I haven't listened to it in years. I have to give them credit for giving Obama shit during the banker bailouts. I knew some hipsters who always gushed over that show because it was so damn entertaining.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 318x159
>>71584078

She's a feisty old lady. Takes no shit, even at a slurring 6 words per minute.

http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows
>>
>>71579457
Dianne Rheme is actually pretty based. She had on a woman one time discussing harassment of women on the internet including Gamergate. About ten minutes into it, she stops the woman and asks her if any men experience harassment on the net. The feminist stammered, "Uh..uh well yes...BUT NOT AT THE FREQUENCY AND INTENSITY THAT WOMEN GET."
>>
>>71584078
Don't forget about the vibrato! (Or is she sitting on top of a washing machine on "spin cycle?")
>>
>>71584233
My mistake. Frontline is PBS not NPR. It's been a while.
>>
>>71584560

Kek. Yes. She has gotten a little better in the past 5 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl7M3HMCahg
>>
>>71577161
They got some cool shows. Delivered pizza over the summer and I would always get baked and deliver while listening to radiolab/Prairie home Companion and all that stuff. Fun times.
>>
>>71577161
the only reason i listen to it is for the news. the other shit is cuck propaganda.
>>
>>71584933
Wow, first time I've seen that show in person, not that I've even listened to it much. Those people are oozing Beltway slime like nobody's business.

You might as well put Ted Cruz, Barry Obama, and Hillary Clinton on the other end of the table and wait for them to come to a consensus on talking points.
>>
>>71584078
>it's a Diane first day back from the"speech therapist" episode
>>
There's a very slight leftist bias in the way the conversations take place. I have noticed that conservative guests are questioned much more thoroughly on dissenting positions and liberal guests like those belonging to BLM aren't really pressured to substantiate their claims as much.

One trend I've noticed recently is the kowtowing to criminals. Yesterday's special on convicted felons losing voting rights - the whole hour was about how felons should be allowed to vote after successfully completing parole, etc. There are other instances where they interview actual criminals and portray their story in a way that makes them look like a victim of the system and doesn't really hold them accountable to their actions.

The most biased host on the entire station is Tom Ashbrook and On Point. He's a low-test flowerfucking hippie that has the most subtle form of condescension I have ever seen. He has a way of dismissing callers with different opinions, cutting them off and aggressively questioning them.

While they're fair and balanced on most points, they're all fucking gun grabbers and I will never donate for that reason.

That said, just listen to what the leftists have to say, internalize it and often enough you'll catch yourself shaking your head or smiling in disgust at some of the shit they say.
>>
>>71585845
Fucking this. Tom ashbrook is such a limp wristed twat. On point would be a great show if he wasnt such a douche he actually gets good guests. He fucking throws like a thousand questions at once to callers he disapproves of though
>>
>>71578455
Was listening today and they had a story about the Iranian student taken off the plain for speaking Arabic
>>
>>71586203
Whenever he says "where the conversation is always on" I always hear "fight me faggot". I always try to call and I can never get through :(
>>
The comments on their Facebook page is cancerous. Your ass gets hounded on if you reveal you're a trump supporter or have the wrong opinion or if it's a dem article and Hillary is mentioned, like some will whine about how their kike savior isn't getting enough coverage, even though the coverage is telling you like it is.
>>
File: 14156658007_4bf3394834_o.jpg (1 MB, 2564x1702) Image search: [Google]
14156658007_4bf3394834_o.jpg
1 MB, 2564x1702
>>71586857
>Facebook
anon...
>>
NPR is good, just turn off the lib shit when it comes on.

NPR planet money podcast is good, and so are some of This American Life, which Serial Podcast came off of

I'm def conservative, but they talk about a wide arrange of shit, not just faux or CNN DISASTER type stuff, but stuff actually going on.

From there you find the good news story and look it up

I'd rather listen to NPR than any other main stream media except for the BBC sometimes
>>
>>71578621
>Diane Rehm is OK. She tries to be really fair, and she persevered after her stroke. The slur is just something you have to ignore.

dude she throws some hardball fucking questions, and says them all slow, it makes it even worse, and you cant attack that lady nomatter what.

Makes for some good discourse imo

Also the 6Pm news, Marketplace APM is really good actually, 15-25 min of shits going down and the main dude can be funny sometimes
>>
>>71587022
Planet money is crap mate. Talk about getting paid to whitewash the fence like in, "Tom Sawyer" by Mark Twain.
>>
i feel like npr has value in that its weekend programming is a good way to teach children what the exact opposite of funny is
>>
>>71581005
that's not much at all. DickFart the Lovegrooge on 96.69 the SEX earns 3x as much.
>>
>>71585845
The biggest downside to cancelling the SJW-fest that was Tell Me More was that instead of getting something worthwhile, we just got an extra hour of On Point, which is not a significant improvement.
>>
>>71587376
>3x as much
https://www.google.com/search?q=radio+dj+salary
>>
>>71583690
There's been a few like that recently. But there's years of quality, so I'll forgive a few shitty episodes. I'll even forgive Ira his faggot voice ( I think he even did an episode on it once )
>>
>>71579923
based marketplace

>>71586203
>Tom ashbrook

Dude doesnt shut the FUCK UP
I want to hear his guest no fucking him
>>71587251
>Planet money is crap mate.
how tho? For people who know nothing of finance, it does a good job of letting them in the loop, often times explaining esoteric concepts simply
>>
File: 1461124734743.png (200 KB, 850x656) Image search: [Google]
1461124734743.png
200 KB, 850x656
>>71579607
This is exactly me.
>>71584101
I thought this was my gf posting for a moment, but she's sitting beside me right now reading...

I like NPR for the variety of shows, particularly a Prairie Home Companion, Says You, This American Life, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. I also tend to think their reporting is good, but sometimes I end up rage listening to their frequent tumblr-esque segments whining about teh poor Dindus, Muslims, and trans-queer-non-cis PoCs while simultaneously complaining about how hard it is to find parking in Cambridge. Or really rage the fuck out when they have some alleged "expert" talking about scary, evil black assault weapons murdering our chilluns. Especially when the host of the show is too smug to live.
>>
I always found their coverage relatively balanced and interviews with public figures were decent, they rarely let people dodge questions and such and they don't throw all softballs. However after the most recent shooting in Oregon there were a few instances where OPB really jumped on the gun ban train so I called them up and cancelled my monthly donation. I give that money to a local publicly funded classical music station now.
>>
>>71585845
>>71586203
Holy shit Tom Assfuck triggers my pro-gun autism so much with his indignant dismissal of any guest or caller who is not also a brainless panicking soccer mom when it comes to guns.
>>
>>71587890
>how tho? For people who know nothing of finance, it does a good job of letting them in the loop, often times explaining esoteric concepts simply
Once in a while. Most of the planet money/american life collaborations were a total shitshow, but some of them nailed it (e.g. the Magnetar one.) But they just never, ever get to the heart of the matter.

oooo---kaaaayyyy. time to RUN THE NUMBERS, now that you've been tuned in for however much time and they've taken to rerunning it during other timeslots because it draws listenership.

Oh wait! Let's hear the latest investment advice from some other person talking about how much people like to walk dogs!
>>
>>71587927
I liked Shikele Mix when it was on. Learned a bit about music. Was gud.
>>
It is good for headline news, and Diane Rehm is actually pretty good too. Marketplace APM isn't bad and my station just plays classical at night. I don't have cable or internet at home so I listen a decent amount.

Don't care much for their weekend "comedy" programming though.
>>
>>71588318
Maybe you're confusing Marketplace and Planet money?

They did a good job of explaining paul singers fued with argentina here

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2016/03/11/470136949/episode-689-a-hedge-fund-a-country-and-a-big-sailboat
>>
ITT: reddit
>>
>>71588630
Planet money is a collaboration with marketplace for the purposes of all lives considered. Listen harder.

Who cares about Paul Singer? Was he another Bernie Madoff? Next time check out an audio book of, "The Secret Team" by L. Fletcher Prouty.
>>
>>71579607
I can't stand his whistling through his teeth
>>
I like NPR and PBS.

I don't really listen to the radio at home but I try to listen to any program on NPR. I don't like the LGBT/SJW stories on Morning Edition or All Things Considered or the degenerate interviews on Fresh Air. Like the story today about a book of old people having sex. Turned that shit right off. I also don't like how they jump on every liberal trend.

Do you guys watch the Newshour on PBS, NOVA, Frontline, Charlie Rose, Independent Lens, or any programs on PBS?
>>
>>71577161

Heard on NPR yesterday "more than two dozen states oppose" in reference to the delay of the deportation of 5 million. So at least half or more than half. Nice doublespeak NPR.
>>
>>71589170
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=202729367

That is probably the most degenerate story I have listened on ATC
>>
>>71589275
But they said it in a nice way, and you can't prove that it's wrong.
>>
radio lab is good
>>
File: 1453388049933.jpg (97 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1453388049933.jpg
97 KB, 490x490
>>71584162
.....well I might start listening to NPR again
>>
>>71583014
Dan Carlin common sense
>>
>>71589362
Saying over half of America wants to deport doesn't fit their narrative. So they cushioned it with "more than two dozen." Disingenuous to make it seem like a minority with the language.
>>
File: 70% fighting age males.png (398 KB, 521x449) Image search: [Google]
70% fighting age males.png
398 KB, 521x449
>>71589170
This is the latest Frontline.
>>
>>71577161
I listen to it until the liberal cringey horshit angers me to the point of running over random pedestrians. Then I change the channel to conservative talk and the same thing happens. It's tough being a moderate.
>>
>>71589845
I'm similar except I switch to classical when the urge to run over bicyclists gets too strong.
>>
>>71577161
I love npr. I'm actually listening right now. It's not as hardcore lefty as it's made out to be. It has a little left lean, but it's not that bad. To give a sense of my scale, I quit watching the Daily show years ago because I couldn't stand the progressive bullshit. NPR talks about much more than politics and has some really entertaining shit. Check out "Car Talk" and "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me", a couple of real gems.
>>
>>71590015
I end up on classical too, after switching back and forth between npr and rush/Hannity/pizza nigger about six times. The idea is to edge to the point where you're actually ready to bounce some poor bastard off of your hood. Kind of like autoerotic asphyxiation
>>
>>71578621
>>71581134
Magically they're still make new episodes though. Apparently, back when they were actually taking calls, they took a ton of them and only selected a few of them to actually go on the air. Now they're going through the left over ones and putting them on. It's still good shit.
>>
It all depends on who it doing the talking, even within one show.

For example, "Morning Edition" has three hosts: Renee Montagne, David Greene, and Steve Inskeep. Renee amd David are moderates / slightly left. They try to be fair. Steve is a smug, preachy liberal faggot. I only ever get angry with Him.
>>
>>71590613
So today we are looking at...who is doing the talking...and...we just want to know...why are some people SO annoying? Like, they just set everyone around them off with the sound of their voice. From WBEZ Chicago...it's This American Life...I'm Ira Glass...And you're reading this...in my voice.
>>
>>71590018
Wait Wait is top tier radio. Surprisingly witty, yet quite layed back. Also shockingly moderate. For every show I've heard where they shit on Trump, there's another where they shit on Hillary or Bernie.
>>
>>71590897
I learned about drugging 4 year old children with drugs in order to resex them Mengele style some years before it became the norm.

Kind of like Morning Edition told me a few years before it came true that we were all going to have to trade Enron carbon credits for the environment. I though it was just nonsense at the time until Dell gave me an option, as a purchaser with a free trade deal for it, to click somewhere to buy a little pixel tree for my carbon offsets.
>>
File: 1412358233737.png (9 KB, 411x387) Image search: [Google]
1412358233737.png
9 KB, 411x387
>>71591319
>drugging 4 year old children
>with drugs
Fascinating.
>>
>>71592188
It's true. This American Life did a whole program on two 4 year old children were finally able to connect with each other and be transgendered on the basis that two 4 year old children could be transgenered and then the parents were like, "this is the best thing ever, because finally the doctors said out children could finally feel comfortable being transgenered together. They've never felt so comfortable until now, so we as parents need to start the process before it's too late."
>>
>>71591319
You gotta learn
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.