[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you catholic yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 32
Why aren't you catholic yet?
>>
File: vaginapainting.jpg (96 KB, 430x690) Image search: [Google]
vaginapainting.jpg
96 KB, 430x690
>>71572190
Dont need a jewish fairytale to know I like vagina's
>>
File: innocent.jpg (30 KB, 300x454) Image search: [Google]
innocent.jpg
30 KB, 300x454
>>71572190

"It is clear that the very assumption of the title of pontifex maximus by the head of the Christian religion, the pope, turned out to be more or less a usurpation, since pontifex magnus was originally a function of the king and of the Roman Augustus. Likewise, the characteristic symbols of the papacy, the double keys and the ship, were borrowed from the ancient Roman cult of Janus. The papal tiara itself derives from a dignity that was not religious or priestly, but essentially initiatory, and from the dignity proper of the "Lord of the Center" or of the "sovereign of the three worlds." In all this we can visibly detect a distortion and an abusive shift of dimension that, although they occurred in a hidden way, are nevertheless real and testify to a significant deviation from the pure traditional ideal. - Julius Evola

Orthodoxy is more traditional tbqh
>>
File: tight.jpg (72 KB, 529x401) Image search: [Google]
tight.jpg
72 KB, 529x401
>>71572190
Something about not worshiping idols
>>
Because the Catholic Church created a bunch of dogma with no basis in the Bible for the sole purpose of controlling the public.
>>
>>71572190
Because I'm a monotheist.
>>
>>71573039
>Orthodoxy is more traditional tbqh
But it's wrong :/
>>
>>71572190
at least not another poklonskaya bread
>>
File: 1446289462347.jpg (181 KB, 888x1120) Image search: [Google]
1446289462347.jpg
181 KB, 888x1120
>>71572190
Because the Catholic church has become degenerate.
also orthodoxy.jpg
>>
>>71573296
Source?
>>
>>71573316
what the fuck flag is that
>>
>>71573039
Orthoshill quoting a pagan
>>
>>71573316
>a monotheist.
If anything, Mary worship is even more prominent in Eastern Orthodoxy.
>>
>>71573741
no ur wrong
>>
File: digustedorangry.jpg (32 KB, 354x265) Image search: [Google]
digustedorangry.jpg
32 KB, 354x265
>>71573811
The dark ages
Graduate secondary school before posting
Or whatever the fuck it is you have in Germany
>>
>>71574012
They're even worse w/ idolatry as well.
>>
>>71573811
Where to begin? The office of Pope, the veneration of Mary, the selling of indulgences, the insistence that the Bible only be in Latin so the priests controlled the knowledge of the Bible. Source? Read the Bible and see none of those things are mentioned.
>>
File: Lg_Raphael_w_Fish.jpg (50 KB, 290x410) Image search: [Google]
Lg_Raphael_w_Fish.jpg
50 KB, 290x410
>>71572190
PATER NOSTER QUI ES IN CAELIS
SANCTIFICETUR NOMEN TUUM
ADVENIAT REGNUM TUUM
FIAT VOLUNTAS TUA
SICUT IN CAELO ET IN TERRA
PANEM NOSTRUM QUOTIDIANUM
DA NOBIS HODIE
ET DEMMITE NOBIS DEBITA NOSTRA
SICUT ET NOS DEMMITIMUS
DEBITORIBUS NOSTRIS
ET NE NOS INDUCAS IN TENTATIONEM
SED LIBERANOS A MALO
AMEN
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x452
>>71572190
Because Catholicism is cucked.
>>
File: literallykissingmudslimefeet.jpg (96 KB, 1240x930) Image search: [Google]
literallykissingmudslimefeet.jpg
96 KB, 1240x930
>>71572190
Because I'm not a cuck.
>>
File: sthermanofalaska.jpg (46 KB, 386x451) Image search: [Google]
sthermanofalaska.jpg
46 KB, 386x451
>>71573741

No it's not. It's Catholicism circa 1054, before you added heresies and went full modernist in Vatican 2.
>>
>>71574106
A tweest: saints and Mary are supernatural agencies that actually respond to prayer.
>>
>>71574160
>The office of Pope
Matthew 16:18

>the veneration of Mary
Luke 1:28

>the selling of indulgences
James 2:17

Sola scriptura is insufficient. That's why Jesus founded the catholic church t give the correct interpretation
>>
>>71574524
>A tweest: saints and Mary are supernatural agencies that actually respond to prayer.

aaaaaand we're back to the reason I'm not Catholic or Orthodox:

>>71573316
>>
File: POL.jpg (458 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
POL.jpg
458 KB, 1920x1080
>>71574548

this tbqh.

I get married at the end of the month. I will reproduce according to God's will and my wife will bear my offspring.

Deus Vult

>>71574656

R A R E F L A G
A
R
E
F
L
A
G
>>
>>71574428
>succesor of Peter
>heresies
Not how that works. Vat 2 didn't change any dogma except the universal call to holiness.
But thanks that you criticise modernisation. Once again proof that Orths aren't in it for the belief but just for cosplaying
>>
>>71574744
She's going to fuck you up.

protip: be careful of your alcohol intake in those first few months of the restraining order, it becomes a habit quickly
>>
>>71574744
Stay strong
>>
Monotheism seems a poor explanation for the chaos and disorder of human life; how am I supposed to be in constant socio-political conflict with other civilizations, in economic competition with my neighbors, and biological selection against everything else, and buy that a SINGLE entity is the author of this disorganized mess of reality? How am I supposed to believe that laws of physics Set A apply to Jupiter and the Sun, while Set B apply to photons and quarks, but both are the result of a single, perfect will? It's metaphysically absurd.

More practically, Christianity preaches turning the other cheek, the meek inhereting the earth, and the imperfection of this reality. I am a human being. I feel rage, I feel glory, I feel love, and I feel connected to the earth I am a part of. I want success, I want power, I want victory, and I want conquest. I want to embrace my life here and now, which I love with all my heart, and not whittle it away on the promise of a better one later. I don't want to let my enemies destroy me and my home, because centuries of hypocrites have pettled the doctrine of a pacifist Jew who will later *reject his own doctrine* and bring about a bloody apocalypse.

Christianity makes no sense, and rejects any significance of real life. That's why I'm not any branch of the religion.
>>
I want to, but RCIA classes are inconvenient. Is there a way around them?
>>
>>71572190
Donar's Oak.
>>
File: isis.jpg (126 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
isis.jpg
126 KB, 1200x600
>>71574656
>strict monotheism
>>
>>71573005
Found the kike.
>>
because no European should follow a Jewish god.
Christianity is goyim control.
>>
>>71574948
Protestantism is not nearly as strict (father, son, etc). It has just the right amount of polytheism.

Just kidding, I'm fedora. But raised Baptist and Catholics/Orthodox just seem like idolaters to me.

>no graven image
>>
>>71574898
>the author of this disorganized mess of reality?
Sin is. Not the rules set by the creator but humans rebelling against him

>How am I supposed to believe that laws of physics Set A apply to Jupiter and the Sun, while Set B apply to photons and quarks, but both are the result of a single, perfect will? It's metaphysically absurd.
Wat?

>More practically, Christianity preaches turning the other cheek, the meek inhereting the earth, and the imperfection of this reality. I am a human being. I feel rage, I feel glory, I feel love, and I feel connected to the earth I am a part of. I want success, I want power, I want victory, and I want conquest. I want to embrace my life here and now, which I love with all my heart, and not whittle it away on the promise of a better one later. I don't want to let my enemies destroy me and my home, because centuries of hypocrites have pettled the doctrine of a pacifist Jew who will later *reject his own doctrine* and bring about a bloody apocalypse.
You should really stop getting your information from South Park

>Christianity makes no sense, and rejects any significance of real life
Lol.
>>
>>71575202
>no graven image
The Byzantines spent centuries trying to determine whether the iconoclast or the idolatrous worldview lead to better empirical results. In the end, an Islamic force took over them. But Islam is a perversion, so we are back to square one.
>>
>>71572190
:PUSSY:
1. Shaped like a taco
2. Smells like fish
3. Tastes like chicken

But I can't eat it?.....

GO GUCK YOURSELF!
>>
>>71574905
I suggest you go to church and talk to your priest?
>inconvenient
But worth it
>>
File: vatopedi.jpg (36 KB, 626x417) Image search: [Google]
vatopedi.jpg
36 KB, 626x417
>>71575523
>implying Orthodox priests want to talk to the common plebs
>>
>>71574548
>Peter, you're pretty cool. Keep doing what you're doing.

>Hey Mary, you're the vessel of the savior of mankind. God Likes you as he has liked dozens of people already in the Bible, none of whom are venerated in the Catholic Church anywhere near the level of you.

How is James 2:17 in any way advocating the selling of indulgences? Jesus is talking about having faith and doing good deeds. The Catholic Church scamming people with "get out of purgatory" cards (purgatory is another invention of the Catholic Church) is hardly doing a good deed.
>>
>>71574821
>being the city Peter died in means for all the centuries that follow they can never possibly err on doctrine even if the other 4 Patriarchates call it total BS

This is what Catholics actually believe
>>
>>71575363

>Sin is. Not the rules set by the creator but humans rebelling against him

But none of what I listed is sin. The catholic Church has accepted evolution, economic competition is healthy and fine, and socio-political conflict is necessary for many of the same reasons.

>Wat

The laws of Classical Mechanics and the laws of Quantum Mechanics have different names for a reason; they're different. If the universe was created by a single, perfect will, it should stand to reason the laws of physical reality would be equally well organized and perfect. But they aren't. Hell, in black holes, *every* law of reality breaks down. It makes much more sense that this jumbled mess of material laws was either it was the result of random chaos, or multiple deities, but not a monotheistic creator.

>You should really stop getting your information from South Park

I've read the New Testament; I was raised Christian and I'm dating a Catholic. The bible is bloody and aggressive in the Old Testament and Revelations, but Christ seems pretty meek throughout every gospel. Did he curb stomp the Pharasiees? Did he slaughter the Romans? Did he wage eternal war on his enemies for a thousand years? No. He let them crucify him, and relied on his followers to spread his message. That's Bernie Sanders level cuckery right there.

>Lol

I understand if you disagree, but you have to at least admit that sentiment follows from my points.
>>
File: 380369.jpg (137 KB, 424x580) Image search: [Google]
380369.jpg
137 KB, 424x580
>>71575729
>Peter, you're pretty cool. Keep doing what you're doing.
Read the bible sweety
>>
File: shiva.jpg (764 KB, 2052x2679) Image search: [Google]
shiva.jpg
764 KB, 2052x2679
>current year
>following semitic religions instead of Aryan traditions
Come home white man
>>
>>71575907
>Did he curb stomp the Pharasiees? Did he slaughter the Romans? Did he wage eternal war on his enemies for a thousand years? No. He let them crucify him, and relied on his followers to spread his message. That's Bernie Sanders level cuckery right there.
I can't even fathom how anybody without severe mental retardation can come to this verdict. That's the whole point that the allmighty God didn't seek glory but spreading love and peace

>but you have to at least admit that sentiment follows from my points
Not in the slightest. I'm not trying to be condescending though I realise my post is much more antagonizing formulated than it should be hope you understand
>>
>>71575934
>Indians
>white
>>
>>71576348

> That's the whole point that the allmighty God didn't seek glory but spreading love and peace

EXACTLY MY POINT. I am a human being;
I want glory, vengeance, war, love, sex, money, beauty, victory. The Christian God wants love and peace. Why would that appeal to anyone but a weed smoking hippie, or passive-aggressive and hypocritical soccer moms?
>>
While my protestant counter parts would probably try to poke holes in the theology, or claim the Church's commit idolatry. The real problem seems to be with the leadership. There are an overwhelming amount of Satanic symbols within the Vatican, and Marxists have overrun the Clergy. Most likely via South America.
>>
>>71572190
Protestantism, in particular Lutheranism, is superior. It's decentralized and Christ centric. It's not a quasi-governmental institution like the Roman Catholic Church.
>>
File: mary6.jpg (21 KB, 245x350) Image search: [Google]
mary6.jpg
21 KB, 245x350
>>71576509
Because there is no point in vengeance other than stroking your ego and seeking other's respect to substitute your own.

>I want war
Are you 15? Don't answer

>love, sex, money, beauty, victory
All of that is acceptable within boundaries

>Why would that appeal to anyone but a weed smoking hippie, or passive-aggressive and hypocritical soccer moms?
>>
>>71572190
because I'm not going to lay with the whore of babylon
>>
>>71576752
>decentralized is a good thing
In what fucking universe?
>>
>>71576752
>Christ centric
I see what you mean but in practice it seems to be the other way round. That's why you have evangelicals waging war whenever they want and then go "faith alone lol" while Papa Francesco (as the lead of the Catholics) willfully deny their ego to make the world a better place
>>
>>71576850

>Because there is no point in vengeance other than stroking your ego and seeking other's respect to substitute your own.

>Are you 15? Don't answer

See, this is the thing about Christianity. It denies basic human urges. You can't look at the last 20,000 years of human history and deny that these are powerful motive forces in our lives. But rather than embrace them and guide them to productive ends, Christianity just tries to suppress them.

>All of that is acceptable within boundaries

My point is that Christianity views them as "acceptable within boundaries" rather than "wonderful parts of life we should all embrace." I'm not arguing for hedonism; I'm arguing for promoting these as wonderful parts of life, rather than the Christian conception of accepting them as borderline 'necessary evils.'

I'm not opposed to the concept of heaven. But it seems disingenuous to promise heaven, on the condition of a less exciting adventure here on earth.
>>
>>71576872
>Whore of babylon
Proofs?
>>
File: JOQFsWq.jpg (152 KB, 1187x1531) Image search: [Google]
JOQFsWq.jpg
152 KB, 1187x1531
>>71577535
>I'm not arguing for hedonism; I'm arguing for promoting these as wonderful parts of life, rather than the Christian conception of accepting them as borderline 'necessary evils.'
That's the point. You know nothing about christianity and argue against strawmans far from reality. The church does exactly that. Celebrate them as wonderful parts of life. Saying sex and love are linked to each other does not make it "necessary evil"
>>
>>71575907
Classical and Quantum Mechanics are models to be used to explain the reality we live in. Of course they aren't perfect, they were created by men trying to understand God's perfect creation. We will never know how reality truly works.

Baka.
>>
File: natalia1.jpg (198 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
natalia1.jpg
198 KB, 720x480
mother knows best :3
>>
>>71576850
But vengeance/the act of revenge is a damn good motivator for doing something.
>>
File: 1.jpg (154 KB, 768x976) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
154 KB, 768x976
>>71572190
>>71573741
>>71573811
>>71574548
>>71575363
>>71575523
>>71575910
>>71576348
>>71576850
>>71577488
>>71577858
I'm Mexican and was raised with the "Virgen de Guadalupe" and i know she's a mestiza

but when i think of just plain old Virgin Mary she's white, so is Jesus and God.

why do niggers have to ruin everything by making it black?

Santa Claus is also white fuck all other Santa's
>>
>>71575934
Hinduism is just one form of the primal religion of which Christianity is the ultimate fulfillment.

https://archive.org/details/pdfy-4vLG955xtsiRk_-s
>>
>>71574086

>Implying that the dark ages were caused by the church and not the natural life cycle of governmental systems
>>
>>71577858

Did Christ not promote turning the other cheek? Did he not say it is harder for a rich man to get into heaven, than a camel go through the eye of a needle? Did his followers not organize into communes in Acts? Did he not promote the impoverished woman who gave her 2 coins as an idol of virtue? Did he raise an army and march on Rome? Did he chug whiskey and get into a brawl in Jerusalem? Did he have sex with a dozen different whores?

No. Jesus preached the virtues of simplicity, humility, love, and peace (at least in the Gospels, yes I know he becomes a warmongering lunatic in Revelations, but that's a controversial document at best). He preached his message in plain robes, and shared bread and fish with the masses.

I'd have an easier time agreeing with you if Jesus was a banker who owned a brothel, a winery, and ran for Governor. But he didn't, and his followers don't promote those things. The Church promotes abstinence before marriage, is against divorce, its clergy take vows of poverty, gambling is illegal, etc. etc.
>>
>>71578390
No. Vengeance is literally just well spite. You get nothing out of it except showing yourself or others that you are superior. It is by it's definition destructive not constructive.

>damn good motivator
Not even true. Love is much more motivating
>>
>>71574548

Luke 11:27-28

And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
>>
>>71572190

Anglican. Because the pope isn't infallible, among other reasons.
>>
>>71578753
>It is by it's definition destructive not constructive.
So I should be forced to build the bridge of relationship? No, fuck that, they burned it.
>>71578637
>The Church promotes abstinence before marriage, is against divorce, its clergy take vows of poverty, gambling is illegal, etc. etc.
Is this wrong? How is this wrong? Are you a degenerate?
>>71579106
>King worshiping
>>
>>71579106
Openly sodomite bishops. Convert to Orthodoxy if you don't like the Pope.
>>
The Son didnt worship his mother LOL

Matthew 12:46-50

46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.

47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
>>
>>71579381
If you actually worship Mary, that's wrong. It's called revered. Now I know people like you don't understand what the fuck that means, but it means she's respected.
>>
>>71578400
Mary appeared at Guadelupe to specifically tell the Indios that Christianity was not the Faith of the white man alone, that they could fully be Christians. This was an important message to get across at that time and she appeared that way to save Indio souls.
>>
>>71579106
>Because the pope isn't infallible
catholic here, of course he isn't he is just a man. not divine in any sense.

also
>Anglican
seriously? you deny the most organized christian church for that bullshit Henry VIII made up just so he could get some new pussy?

at least convert to orthodoxy, anything other than Lutheran Protestantism is complete bull.
>>
>>71579250

>Is this wrong? How is this wrong? Are you a degenerate?

I consider Donald Trump a model of virtue, and his success in living and enjoying life demonstrates why. And he practices *none* of those things. He had plenty of sex before and outside marriage, divorced twice, is worth ten billion, and runs more casions than even Satan could bet at.

If Donald Trump is a degenerate, then so am I. And if Donald Trump cannot be canonized in your religion, then I don't see why anyone who wants to live a life of happiness and material success should follow it.
>>
>>71579566
I know and as a Mexican the Virgin of Guadelupe is very important to me.

and i know this
>tell the Indios that Christianity was not the Faith of the white man alone, that they could fully be Christians.

all i'm saying is when i picture the mother of Christ, she's white
>>
>>71579620
>I consider Donald Trump a model of virtue
wat?
>>
>>71579620
>Donald Trump a model of virtue
>Donald Trump
>model of anything other than getting money by investing shit
I mean, if your jewish, or fucking act like a kike. Don't get me wrong, I want the man to win, but come the fuck on.
>>
>>71572190
>>>/x/
>>
>>71572190
Because I am an American. The Catholic Church is for Europeans.
>>
>>71580088
>The Catholic Church is for Europeans.
Latin America confirmed as Europe.
>>
>>71579866
>>71579906

I live on *this* Earth, and I want to have a fun, successful, and fulfilling life *here.* Is there anyone in the world who has had the rapid, prolific, and exceptional adventure of life than Donald Trump? I mean how do you beat making $10 bil in the real estate market, marrying a model, having a litter of kids, writing a dozen books, and running an overwhelmingly successful campaign for President? *That* is the kind of life I want, and so I consider the person who's lived that life to be a model of virtues I hold in regard.
>>
>>71579345

Not everywhere. Too British too become orthodox, plus who has hours and hours to ponce about on a Sunday?
>>
>>71579567

If you think that is the sole origin of the C of E, you're ignorant.
>>
File: Vlad.jpg (195 KB, 2573x1930) Image search: [Google]
Vlad.jpg
195 KB, 2573x1930
>>71580302
>Is there anyone in the world who has had the rapid, prolific, and exceptional adventure of life than Donald Trump?
>>
>>71580403
>who has hours and hours to ponce about on a Sunday?

most Americans.
>>
>>71580088
You an indian?
>>71580302
>model of virtues I hold in regard
Yeah and I consider Pinochet a hero of the west, and I want to become someone like Pinochet.
>>
>>71580655

>Yeah and I consider Pinochet a hero of the west, and I want to become someone like Pinochet.

... Cool? Total support to you? If this is an argument I don't understand where the disagreement comes from.
>>
>>71580460
oh right he also didn't wan't a Spaniard on his throne one day. anything else?
>>
>>71580834
>I don't understand where the disagreement comes from.
You're a degenerate. That's what comes down to. You want to have whores, do drugs, shit on the clergy for trying to act like Christ, gamble, you know degenerate shit.
>>
can't associate myself with so many bigots, and charlatans.
>>
>>71581075
So then what's the right church then, if you're so damn wise?
>>
>>71581204
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_East
>>
>>71581002

But how was you seeing Pinochet as a model, an argument? We have different heroes and strive to be different people. That doesn't seem like much of an ethical disagreement, more like we're just different people.
>>
>>71581291
What state are you in?
>>71581335
>But how was you seeing Pinochet as a model, an argument?
Because I don't care. That's the point, no one gives a shit about the models and you should try to lead the best life you can have.
>>
So, catholics, how do you justify the forced celibacy for priests when Timothy 1 verses 3, 12 says that priests should a good husband and a strict father for their children, otherwise how could they work for the house of God if they can't manage their own house.
>>
>>71581538
Easy, would you rather have a priest that fuck slags, or a modest priest that doesn't fuck?
>>
Luke 11

[27]As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.”
[28]He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

Catholics btfo
>>
>>71581538
*should be
>>
>>71581497

But we're talking about why I am not a Catholic. Who my heroes are seems **incredibly** topical.
>>
>>71581497
IL, to be honest I'm a Catholic, but the Nestorian church is one of the oldest and least changed in all of Christianity
>>
File: 1458749356236.jpg (45 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1458749356236.jpg
45 KB, 550x550
Because i am gay so i can never be part of this glorious faith

Also the fact that its a nigger religion makes it meh

>mfw
>>
Scottish catholic reporting in cuckboi

>inb4 peado
>>
>>71581659
>What is revered
>>71581686
Yeah, and I think you should be a Catholic so you don't go to hell.
>>71581738
I'm not going to Dearborn to change congregations.
>>
>>71581904
>Because i am gay so i can never be part of this glorious faith
you can stop being gay. that might help.

>>71581940
>a cathiloc scot
hmmm, neat.
>>
>>71572190
5 reasons:

Sola Fide
Sola Scriptura
Solus Christus
Sola Gratia
Soli Deo Gloria
>>
>>71582015
>Dearborn
>in Illinois

what?
>>
>>71582015

>Yeah, and I think you should be a Catholic so you don't go to hell.

I was asked why I'm not a Catholic. I responded by listing the virtues I value, the people I look up to, and the kind of life I want to live. Your counter argument has amounted to a "I disagree," just one intellectual step above "no, u."

Where's op German Catholic bro? His arguments were at least debatable. I miss talking about this with him.
>>
>>71582168
No, I live in Michigan, and the only Chaldean church that I know of is the one in Dearborn.
>>71582321
So? You can keep the values and still be a Catholic you nerd.
>>
>>71582413

And be called a hypocrite for my troubles? You yourself called me a degenerate, now you're saying I can still be a Catholic anyways? Either Catholicism is way, way more open minded than I thought, or you are making an increasingly poor case for your own faith.
>>
>>71574849
>Tokelau
>Literally 1.400 population

It's like finding fucking Entei
>>
>>71582758
>You yourself called me a degenerate, now you're saying I can still be a Catholic anyways?
Probably, just need to change some of your ways (or not be a fucking autist and talk about shit you do outside of the church.)
>>
because I read the Bible
>>
File: virgin-mary-can-fix-this.jpg (40 KB, 515x332) Image search: [Google]
virgin-mary-can-fix-this.jpg
40 KB, 515x332
>>71572190
Because I have a brain lol.
>>
>>71575729
Purgatory is biblical. It's in 2 Maccabees. But of course Luther took that book out of his "bible" because he disagreed with the doctrine of purgatory. Lol. So much for Sola Scriptura eh?
>>
>>71582992
That's the secret of the Catholic Church really. They never wanted the printing press or literacy for the flock.

I never could make it past Genesis. I was like, people take this literally? 800 year old men, talking snakes, Wew! Too much allegory and embellishment, also too many translations.
>>
>>71574548
>the veneration of Mary
>Luke 1:28

How does Luke 1:28 justifies the worship of Maria?
>>
>>71583481
>Worship
Please stop.
>>
>>71574548
>sola scriptura is insufficient

[Mat 23:8-10 ESV] 8 But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. 10 Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.

Now go ahead and explain to me how the scripture imparts authority to men whom it specifically denies authority.

Catholicism is pure, unadulterated heresy and it can be shown by simply perusing its own holy text.
>>
>>71573296
The church existed before the bible was even written down. The dogma and rituals and tradition is older than your dumb ass protestant bible rewrite.
>>
>>71583438
Yeah, it's really obnoxious. It's also a case that almost the entirety of pedagogy in the Bible is done through allegory, so you really have to draw conclusions from each passage and then evaluate them yourself given the context of the book and the context of the whole Bible.

Too many people pick 1 verse and define their faith off of it (e.g. John 3:16 means belief alone grants salvation, so we can ignore James 2:17-26 faith without works is dead).
>>
>>71585263
So you choose to ignore the line in John, which is spoken by Jesus, in favor of the line in James.
>>
>>71584767
False, the texts were written at varying times up until about 90 AD. The church canonized their particular scripture in the First Council of Nicaea around the year 300.

Know that Jesus warned of people already blaspheming in Byzantium even WHILE he walked the earth.

>>71585458
No, you simply reconcile the two. "Believe" in John 3:16 is the Greek "pisteuo" which implies more than just acknowledging a fact but actually incorporating a truth into your person, your character, your guiding philosophy. So "believing" in Christ certainly takes on a new form.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.