[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with the American healthcare system?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: imfucked.jpg (40 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
imfucked.jpg
40 KB, 425x283
What's wrong with the American healthcare system?
>>
Obamacare
>>
Illegals and niggers use it and don't pay, making it more expensive for everyone else (white people with jobs)
>>
Nothing wrong with it - it's #1 system in the world just like USA overally. Yuropoors are just jelly.
>>
>>71557165
First post, best post.
>>
>>71557388
That's what I thought but everything has problems
>>
[Insert racial minority of your choice]
>>
>>71557111

they charge that much so it gives them room to negotiate with insurance companies. no one actually pays that amount
>>
>>71557388
Not true. Occasionally people die or suffer because they can't afford treatment for something like an ear infection, strep throat, or dental abscess. We're the fucking richest country in human history. Why is this still a thing?
>>
>>71557111
Everyone trying to socialize it.
>>
>>71559244
Then why do we have the most advanced facilities on the planet with the best doctors?
>>
>>71559605
I'm not sure that's true first of all. Second of all hardly anyone can afford that level of healthcare.
>>
>>71559605
The elite need their doctors.
>>
>>71559740
There ya go. My senator gets top of the line treatment at Bethesda or something and the motherfucker that got blowed up in Afghanistan is in the back of the line at the VA hospital.
>>
People are living too long, insurance attached to jobs attached make people stick with jobs that they may not want, people get covered without paying, doctors/hospitals get to raise prices however much they want because people only have to pay a certain out of pocket expense while the gubmint covers the rest with our money.
>>
>>71557111
Lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits.

>Doc: Your son's illness is severe. We can try to operate, but we cannot guarantee his survival. But the other option is to do nothing. You decide.
>Soccer mom: Let's try the operation.
>Doc: he didn't make it lol
>Soccer mom: LAWSUIIIITTTTT. TEHY KILLED MAH BOY! HE DINDU NUFFIN. HE A GOOD BOY. THESE GREEDY DOCTORS KILLED HIM.
>Jury: GUILTY AS CHARGED! We order 100 000 dollars in payment for killing her boy. He was going to recover anyway
>Hospital managers: Fuck this. The only way we can survive these lawsuits is to raise the prices to insane levels.
>>
>>71560896
Missed a few zeroes lol
>>
Old, white people absolutely refusing to die and running up ridiculous tabs with end-of-life care. Enduring humiliating and painful procedures just to eek out a few more days of being warm rather than accepting the inevitable and receiving cheap hospice care and let nature take its course. And of course most of this is paid for by Medicare.

Same goes with the American sense of "fighting battles" with diseases, sparing no expense for a few percentage points of increased likelihood of a positive outcome, even if it means lesser quality of life.
>>
>>71561249
Good points
>>
>>71561249
This. Good post.
>>
>>71560896
this too. in addition to socializing it, malpractice insurance is absolutely ridiculous and doctors are easy targets.
>>
>>71561249
>Same goes with the American sense of "fighting battles" with diseases
the oldest american meme. so courageous for living as a bed-ridden fatty, muh diabeetus, cancer wont win, etc...

a doomed man is brave for being hooked up to a $500k machine for a week before death.
>>
>>71561661
A little fun fact for the rest of the world: Daytime television has a ton of commercials on how to sue doctors and pharmaceutical companies.
>>
>>71562218
right on. "YOUR DOCTOR DIDNT USE THIS MEDICATION? ALL RIGHT, TELL US GET THAT MALPRACTICE MONEY"
>>
>>71562218

That's because only retirees watch daytime TV
>>
File: 1447483260030s.jpg (2 KB, 102x125) Image search: [Google]
1447483260030s.jpg
2 KB, 102x125
>>71561661
>>71562218
>>71562328
I first visited NY and Washington DC in 2004 with my parents for shopping and sightseeing. When we first saw american TV in the hotel room, we finally noticed it.

Lawyer advertisements. They were absolutely everywhere. "Sue your boss! Sue your kid's school!" It was my first culture shock as a kid :D
>>
File: Qw6SuW6.jpg (38 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
Qw6SuW6.jpg
38 KB, 512x288
>>71562802
Moot gave up 4chan because he didn't want to get sued for pizza.
>>
>>71557111
Obamacare

It was fine before then
>>
>>71563381
>71563381▶
>>>71557111 (OP)
What was bad about obongercare?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.