[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A question for you Americans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: question everything.jpg (66 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
question everything.jpg
66 KB, 500x377
When was the last time a president actually impacted your life significantly? Why do people go crazy over the next commander in chief when so little actually happens to us as a result?

The last several decades show the presidents prime function is signing bills, managing foreign policy and military activities, and inspiring the nation.

Am I wrong or is this the hard truth we've all needed?
>>
Not entirely wrong, but not entirely right either.
>>
>>71548489
If CNN and Fox News say it's an important event, then it's an important event
>>
Anybody else? Helloooo is this thing on? *tap tap tap*
>>
>>71548489
Both of my brothers were sent to Iraq due to President Bush. I was expected to handle the financial affairs for both of them while they were on deployment. Luckily they both came back unharmed but the family had to be without them for a while, so yes, there are direct affects from the decisions of the president.
>>
Obama forced me to pay $200/mo for health insurance (or else I "pay a $500 fine"). I didn't even need health insurance.

There's one right there, cuckboy.
>>
>>71548489

haven't shot my 1022 in 5 years since Obama is a nigger
>>
>>71548828
Sorry about your brothers. The main concern though seems to be that people obsess over candidates who run on policies that will not really change our lives, but sound promising enough to get them elected.
>>
>>71548489

When Obamacare cost me a job I had held for 10 years.
>>
Clinton caused 2008
>>
Well my insurance jumped up and covers even less now. I couldn't even get the antibiotics I wanted
>>
>>71548489
The president directly effects us and our lives every day through his policies.

If he didn't, it wouldn't be a prestigious and important job.

If you're not affected, please come home from innawoods
>>
>>71548489
Ya cause noticing slow changes over a 10 year span while your living in that span are sooo easy to spot. I just lost my job to outsourcing, so ya the increased h1-b visas, and the free trade agreements are seriously impacting my life.
>>
>>71548489
It's all very indirect and diluted and altered by other powers before their decisions affect you in any way

I would say that the newly appointed Supreme Court Justice will have more influence over America than the next President
>>
>>71549049
Should I spend 800 shekels on an AR-556?
>>
>>71549780
No buy the ar receiver and machine it yourself. Then buy all the parts. Youll save about 500$, have a better gun, and feel like an alpha male.
>>
>>71549907
Good advice.
>>
>>71548866
Obama didn't write the law, nor did he vote on the law. Was it something he wanted? Sure, but other than singing it into law he had nothing to do with it
>>
>>71549979
>Obama didn't write the law, nor did he vote on the law. Was it something he wanted? Sure
>Was it something he wanted? Sure

Post discarded.
>>
>>71550564
So he wrote it and voted on it?
>>
File: 1454370850119.jpg (215 KB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
1454370850119.jpg
215 KB, 2048x1356
>>71550714
>Just because I campaigned for Trump but didn't vote for him
>doesn't mean I want him to get elected for POTUS!
>>
>>71550829
You've completely missed the point
>>
>>71549125
Idk desu...look at Bush. He changed everyone's lives after 7/11 with the fearmongering and homeland security. Nobody ever thought Bush was going to change their lives when they voted for him. Bush tax cuts also directly affected people and still do. Obama allows me to be covered by health insurance for less than $100/month (used to be $200/month). Those are all pretty direct things.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.