[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>assault rifle >The maker of the assault rifle used i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: Standt.jpg (35 KB, 375x268) Image search: [Google]
Standt.jpg
35 KB, 375x268
>assault rifle

>The maker of the assault rifle used in the 2012 massacre of more than two dozen students and teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School was ordered to allow its executives to be questioned ahead of a trial of a lawsuit by victims’ families, pushing the case further than most such suits have reached.
>Connecticut State Judge Barbara Bellis on Tuesday set a trial for April 3, 2018, "marking another major victory for families of the victims in their effort to hold gun companies responsible" for the 2012 school shooting, their law firm, Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder PC, said in a statement.
>The families claim Bushmaster Firearms International LLC, a unit of Cerberus Capital Management LP’s Remington Arms Co., engineered the rifle specifically for the U.S. military to kill in combat and is being wrongfully sold to civilians to make a profit. In a ruling last week, Bellis denied a request to toss the case on the grounds that it was automatically blocked by a 2005 federal law shielding gunmakers from liability in most cases.
>The rulings are renewing focus on U.S. gun violence as Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, the two Democratic presidential hopefuls, clash over the issue. Clinton has repeatedly criticized Sanders over his support for the 2005 shield law, called the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.
>Jessica Kallum, a spokeswoman for Madison, North Carolina-based Remington, didn’t immediately reply to a message seeking comment on the ruling.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-19/sandy-hook-judge-presses-for-trial-against-bushmaster-firearms
>>
>Bellis denied a request to toss the case on the grounds that it was automatically blocked by a 2005 federal law shielding gunmakers from liability in most cases.

This is what I was thinking of. On what grounds did the judge do this? Muh feels?
>>
>>71542865
Activist judges are the worst
>>
>>71541409
Firstly, an assault rifle was not used in the sandy hook shooting.

Second
>engineered the rifle specifically for the U.S. military to kill in combat and is being wrongfully sold to civilians to make a profit

Is patently false, and anyone with a modicum of gun knowledge would laugh at this. That's like calling a honda civic a car engineered specifically for racing
>>
>>71543135
Are AR fags the ricers of the gun community?
>>
>>71543350
They both spend more money on plastic accessories than their gun/car is worth, so, I guess so
>>
Reading the judgement, it seems that the judge is merely refusing to dismiss the case on grounds that the court has no jurisdiction. It takes a different kind of motion (motion to strike) to have the case dismissed based on legal sufficiency. I.e., Judge Bellis isn't saying whether or not the lawsuit has any legal merit or is likely to succeed, just that the court has jurisdiction to decide that. On both issues (PLCAA and standing under CUTPA), the judge merely decided that the questions are ones of legal sufficiency of the plaintiff's arguments, not questions of the whether or not the court has jurisdiction.

The judgement specifically mentions that the defense intentionally motioned to dismiss (i.e., challenge jurisdiction), not strike (i.e., challenge legal sufficiency) and declined to have the motion to dismiss read as a motion to strike. Having lost the motion to dismiss, I suspect the next step is a motion to strike.

tl;dr - this ruling isn't a big deal at all.
>>
File: trump laugh.jpg (854 KB, 6064x6072) Image search: [Google]
trump laugh.jpg
854 KB, 6064x6072
>>71543350
Fuck yes they are I never thought of it that way
>>
File: laughingsluts.png (315 KB, 465x455) Image search: [Google]
laughingsluts.png
315 KB, 465x455
>>71541409

Yes I love me some misplaced liberal butthurt
>>
>>71542865
I'm sure that Bushmaster's lawyers have an interlocutory appeal in the works as we speak over that ruling.
>>
>>71541409
This is bullshit, all guns are designed to kill. No shit. It's irrelevant whether it's war or self defense. The gun manufacturer has no blame here. There are hundreds of firearms more dangerous than an AR-15.

I suppose I'll just go get a TAC®-338 McMillan

>>71543537
That's not fair, AR's are relatively cheap guns but they are high enough quality to be worth adding good optics too. An Aimpoint or Leopold, or even a Bushnell+Vortex magnifier can be worth more than some base models but they do perform well enough to justify those add ons.

I get it, you guys mean all the stupid stocks and grips, but most of the money comes form optics and you know it.
>>
These parents are going to be in a world of financial hurt when they lose the suit against bushmaster like the one couple in the Aurora shooting.

>history never stops repeating
>>
>>71541409
So when can we hold car companies responsible for vehicular manslaughter, or for people falling asleep at the wheel/drunk driving and causing horrific pileups?
When can we sue soda companies because someone stuffed thirty BIG GLUGs down their throat and went into a diabetic coma? Or, food companies because someone had a heart attack from binging on fatty junk?

Where's the line, lads?
>>
>>71544537
I like the AR but the effective range of the .223 doesn't really justify ultra gucci optics. May as well get a bolt action or even a tuned .308 battle rifle to justify optics over 1000
>>
>Legal firearms
>Wrongfully selling for profit

Pick one
>>
>>71544830
O feel kind of bas for those guys, the Brady Campaign told them they had a case and so did the jew lawyer. Now they have to foot the bill for thiers and Lucky Gunners.
>>
>>71541409
This makes no sense at all. The gun was legal to sell and purchase. It did what it is designed to do. What exactly are they suing over here? I don't get it
>>
>>71541409
engineered the rifle specifically for the U.S. military to kill in combat
Precisely why the Constitution allows me to have one. How else can the people overthrow a tyrannical government?
>>
>>71545289
>Where's the line, lads?
The armed citizenry is the LINE.
>>
>>71541409
What the fuck is going after Bushmasters gonna do? They're not the only ones that make AR's.
>>
>>71541409
>wrongfully sold to civilians

The word 'arms' in the 2nd amendment is short for armament. if you can afford buying UAV drones then you should be allowed to buy them.

Whoever thinks the 2nd amendment ends with 'rifles' is retarded. It's a right specifically in place for the purpose of fighting tyranny and a few dead kids in a school shooting don't matter.
>>
>>71545703
I don't. I bet my ammo that they were told by third party expects and lawyers that it will be an unwinnable case but chose to go anyway because

> muh dead children
>>
>>71546560
who's going to fight the government, pussy? you?
>>
>>71546765

You underestimate how easy it is to fill a truck full of fertilizer. Many people have not gone down that path because they still believe in democracy.
>>
>>71546372
What is the purpose of AR's?

While
I think AR's are protected under the second amendment I don't get why guns with such high capacity are made.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
>>
>>71546765

we have our fair share of timothy mcveighs, don't underestimate peoples hatred of the government in the USA
>>
>>71547368
>Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
why shouldnt you?
>>
>>71547368
In the event of total anarchy would you rather have a BB gun or a AR? A broomstick or a shot gun? There you go dude.
>>
>>71541409
Suing a company essentially owned by a THIRTY BILLION DOLLAR finance firm.... yeah, take a guess who's going to win.
>>
>>71541409
I think it would be funny if we stacked the court with liberals and had the second amendment as we understand it now ruled unconstitutional and it 's place the justices rule that the founders meant that every American is entitled to have actual grizzly bear arms and not guns.
>>
File: 1346716092704.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1346716092704.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>>71541409
I can't wait for Hillary to hold her server manufacturer accountable for breaches of national security.
>>
>>71547368
target shooting, hunting, home defence (big one there)
>high capacity
subjective, 30 round magazines are standard for AR 15s
>>
>>71548588
also securing our freedoms. thats another one.
>>
File: 000.gif (58 KB, 132x140) Image search: [Google]
000.gif
58 KB, 132x140
>>71541409

>implying sandy hook even happened

Yes, Good Goy... Let us round up all the guns now because of the precious children.
>>
>>71548635
This, I can't believe people think government is above doing this in this age. Especially after Port Arthur happened.
>>
File: DSC_0064.jpg (670 KB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0064.jpg
670 KB, 3872x2592
>>71543350
AR and long range shooters are the ricers of the gun world. The Bentley's and the like are very nice double guns with engraving.
>>
File: 1.jpg (90 KB, 720x543) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
90 KB, 720x543
>>71548785

Sandy hook was the fakest shit I've ever seen.
>>
>>71541409
They go after the AR-15 and assault rifles in general on account of how big and scary they are, .22 pistols can and have been used to kill many more people than an assault rifle can in an active shooter scenario due to their ability to be concealed, ease of use, magazine size, and low noise.
>>
File: Ruger-Mark-III-Hunter.jpg (42 KB, 1000x513) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-Mark-III-Hunter.jpg
42 KB, 1000x513
>>71549172
This, if people see them trying to ban a gun like pic related they might not be as swayed as if they saw them trying to ban a big scary "assault weapon."

On that note, using the word "assault weapon" shouldn't be socially acceptable by any means. It's misinformation in it's purest form.
>>
>>71542865
I believe that law prevents gun companies from being sued because their product was used to kill someone, while this suit is about selling military hardware to civilians.
>>
>>71549710
It's not military hardware though.
>>
>>71549710
>while this suit is about selling military hardware to civilians.
But its a legal product
>>
>>71541409
You're really going to make me go to a third world shithole and shoot up a police station with only a musket, a few cartridges, and a bayonet, aren't you?
>>
>>71550004
not gonna stop you
>>
>>71541409
>engineered the rifle specifically for the U.S. military to kill in combat and is being wrongfully sold to civilians to make a profit.
Is this implying what I think it's implying? Bushmaster would never do a sale of 1 automatic firearm to a singular civilian illegally, that's fucking retarded and anyone who believes that is fucking retarded.
>>
>>71549846
>>71549950
I haven't read the case, I'm just saying that the law is prohibiting people from suing on particular grounds, and people are not suing on those grounds so the law is irrelevant.
>>
>>71550429
Kike lawyers are parasites
We need more tort reform
>>
>>71550429
ah ok.
>>
>>71547368
>I think AR's are protected under the second amendment
the constitution doesn't grant rights, it just enumerates natural god given rights

the right to self defence(from criminals or tyranny) being one of them
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.