[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TPP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: The-TPP.png (155 KB, 1500x911) Image search: [Google]
The-TPP.png
155 KB, 1500x911
Do you agree with the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) deal, /pol/? I was strongly opposed to it last year, but after reading books by Henry Hazlitt and Milton Friedman I think I've come to support it fully now.
>>
>>71540535
Fuck no. I'd rather not help multinational companies outsource jobs to vietnam and malaysia. We get fucking peanuts in return.
>>
>>71540691
You get lower prices though.
>>
No.
The workers and small companies lost in all countries.
Same shit will happen with TTIP
>>
>>71540764
If people lose their job they won't have the money to spend anyway
>>
>>71541183
They'll get new jobs in more competitive industries
>>
>>71540764
Erosion of national sovereignty and eventual death of my people but hey, I'll get lower prices!
>>
>>71541341
Yeah, that' what is exactly happening in the whole Western world where outsourcing is going wild.
The Western world is losing its real economy, the manufacturing.
>>
>>71541803
>real economy
For fucks sake. Kiss my ass.
>>
>>71541959
Are you seriously suggesting that the West didn't get where it is today through its manufacturing?
>>
>>71540535
TTP is like obamacare, its a great idea, but it got jewed to a bad idea
>>
>>71541959
So you don't want an economy that actually produces things? You're happy with a service economy built on debt?
>>
>>71542687
It was always a terrible idea. It's globalism at it's worst. It might be good for Latin American countries. And it allows for more mass immigration, and I'm sure the last thing Americans want is more Mexican immigration.
>>
>>71540691

repeating the "it's going to dramatically increase outsourcing" meme reveals that you don't actually understand the issue

countries like USA and Australia already have open economies and almost no tariffs

the outsourcing has already happened long ago

TPP dramatically reduces tariffs in these Asian countries and disproportionately benefits us

it also allows our companies to sue them if they steal our intellectual property (patents etc.)

it also forces them to improve labor and work safety standards which improves the situation for their workers (and more importantly raises their costs and reduces their competitiveness vis-a-vis advanced countries)

this is why China and India refuse to join
>>
File: file.jpg (186 KB, 600x522) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
186 KB, 600x522
>>71540691
Outsourcing is bad for people who lost their jobs, but good for people who buy their products. Since there are a lot more consumers than producers for any given product, trade benefits the country on the whole.
>>
>>71543545

I'm convinced

Buy American if you can afford it

Buy cheap if you can't

Win-win
>>
>>71543470
More power for multi-national corporations to do what they like at the expense of national sovereignty and democratic accountability. Plus allows for increase in immigration above and beyond already insanely high levels.
>>
>>71541959
Yeah, better hand over our economy to financial elites, that will surely help, good goy.
>>
I hate that they tried to give it the most innocent name possible.
>>
>>71544646

Does it though?
>>
No I don't support it at all.
I like having a free and open Internet.
>>
>>71540535
I'm all for free trade, better long term for everyone. But then again I'm pretty wealthy and dont need to worry about Juan and Vijay taking my job.
>>
>giving pfizer the power to sue for other countries using generic brands of their shitty overpriced meds
>exporting shitty American copyright law in general
Just wait until you can't fap to doujins of your favorite Chinese cartoon characters. You'll change your tune.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.