[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Docking dogs' tails
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: GermanvsUSARottweilers.jpg (66 KB, 700x250) Image search: [Google]
GermanvsUSARottweilers.jpg
66 KB, 700x250
Should it be legal or banned?
>>
stub>long vestigial deformity
>>
>>71536579
Some breeds need it because they'll end up with balance issues later in life. Doing it without cause is degenerate though.
>>
>>71536579
It's need for some herding breeds if they are around livestock.
>>
>>71536873
You got a source on that, because I'm calling bullshit. Original reason for it is because they are attack dogs and a tail is a weakness for a dog in a fight against a human
>>
>>71536579

should be legal but culturally discouraged unless the dog is working with livestock. What I mean by culturally discouraged is that breed standards in dog shows should stop considering docked tails and ears to be a part of a breed's standards (currently it's part of the standard for many herding dogs and so all show dogs of those breeds are docked)

If they're no longer docking showdog's tails people will get more used to seeing the dogs with tails, breeders for purebreds of showdog lineages won't feel compelled to dock the entire litter's tails, etc.

So eventually most Rottweilers, Dobermens, etc will have tails and people will be more used to that.

also for germanic breeds they need to eliminate the sloped back as part of the breed standards for shows. It establishes an unhealthy trait as the normal, people think that's what a German Shepherd or Doberman Pinscher should look like but it's fucking terrible on their hips. German Shepherds that are actually bred for working have straight backs instead of that sloping posture.
>>
>>71536579
I don't know, but niggers sure is a problem
>>
Surgically severing spine
>>
>>71536579
legal, you have to do it with boxers and pits
>>
I remember asking my mother about this once when I was younger.
I believe that it was so they couldn't be stepped on or grabbed by cattle.
>>
Its a weakness for a herding/attack dog

But some fucking retarded nigger who does it to their pittbull cause "it looks cewl and intimidating"

Ya , no.

Well IMHO niggers shouldn't be allowed to do anything but work
>>
>>71538421

I'm going to call bullshit on that I've seen pits with tails and uncropped ears, boxers too. They just don't look as mean.
>>
File: Photo0089.jpg (368 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Photo0089.jpg
368 KB, 1280x960
>>71536579
For a lot of dogs it's beneficial.
My vizsla has its tail docked because their tails are long and bony. IF left undocked they can break bones just by wagging it into something.

Also she doesn't miss it. I asked.
>>
>>71538438

>attack dog

dog fights are illegal, and police/military don't crop the tails and ears of German Shepherds, only dobermen and rottweilers because it's been established that that's what you're supposed to do for those breeds but German Shepherds are supposed to have tails.
>>
Depends on the dog. Somw of them need to have it docked because otherwise they might hurt themselves (Or someone else) when they wag it. A friend of mine had his undocked boxer hit his tail so hard they had to surgically remove it.
But yeah, niggers who do it to random breeds for no reason whatsoever deserve death desu.
>>
File: some people man.jpg (84 KB, 540x524) Image search: [Google]
some people man.jpg
84 KB, 540x524
>>71536579
My dog has his tail docked. It's not cosmetic- without it he could have major spinal problems.

>>71536873
This basically.
>>
>>71538081

Horse shit.

Tails were docked on hunting dogs for centuries because the tails would get caught and injured by brush going after animals.

Some breeds (notably danes) also were bred for generations with no consideration of the tail (as it was always docked) resulting in a thin relatively frail tail that is easily injured due to that. Undocked danes routinely bleed all over because they wag their thick tails enthusiastically and the thin skin breaks from Hitt ing objects like doorframes. Boxers have similar problems, amongst others.

What an odd topic to appear in this forum, but kind of pleasantly surprised to run across it.

-dane breeder
>>
>>71536579
They can hurt themselves and get an infection really easy.
Google happy tail syndrome.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.