[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've have like five people in the past month talk to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13
File: Jason-Momoa-dreadlocks.jpg (58 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Jason-Momoa-dreadlocks.jpg
58 KB, 600x450
I've have like five people in the past month talk to me about how dreadlocks are cultural appropriation. Did buzzfeed publish an article about this or something, because I know these people aren't smart enough to have come to this "conclusion" on their own?

Personally I think the whole concept of cultural appropriation is bullshit, but can someone explain this? Is there any validity? Why is everyone talking about it?
>>
>>71534768
its a religious hairstyle similar to the hats jews wear or the tinfoil hats christians wear
>>
>Is there any validity?
If there was, then non-whites should not be allowed to wear suits.
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 979x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 979x413
>>71534768
Let them have their nigger hair!

It helps me identify these losers easily.
>>
>>71535001
Or use toilets

Oh hang on, they don't
>>
>>71534768
>cultural appropriation

Whatever happened to imitation being the sincerest form of flattery?
>>
>>71534768

When your race has literally nothing to be proud or protective over you have to resort to claiming things like haircuts as important cultural identification.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 540x720
>>71534768
Cultural appropriation is a false flag operation by right wing groups to end multiculturalism.
After years of trying to exterminate niggers, Muslims, and other degenerates it was decided that it would be best to bring back white pride by first making whites ashamed of adopting another culture.
Once they return to their traditional dress and societal norms there will be a resurgence of white pride.
Then victory over the left.
/pol/ should support and encourage cultural appropriation shaming.
>>
Any white person with dreads should be shot for being a cuck desu
>>
>>71534768
It's called cultural marxism, otherwise known as political correctness, a means to instigate conflict among an otherwise peaceful country. Since the beginning of time different cultures have adopted attributes from each other for all kinds of good reasons, most significantly are forms of communication and ideals about laws and customs, and that results in better means of survival and prosperity. Cultural marxism is an effort to disrupt that natural process, to cause breakdowns in communication, which ultimately leads to isolation and warfare. You have been warned, the SJWs seek only to destroy the very countries they call home. Dreadlocks... pick a fight over dreadlocks... i that not a waste of time?
>>
File: 1319352675704.png (36 KB, 152x201) Image search: [Google]
1319352675704.png
36 KB, 152x201
Like I agree with everything here, but can someone explain the concept of cultural appropriation to me as they see it? Like where is the damage or harm in these things? Even if blacks invented dreadlocks (they didn't), are they upset that like...whites aren't giving royalties?

When I tried to talk to this with someone I brought up well I'm sure they borrow a shitload from white culture and the person said whites don't really have a culture. I didn't know how to get into that without sounding racist.
>>
>>71535001
If there was, non-whites should be allowed to wear anything that was made with a power loom or any machines descended from it. Also, nobody who isn't descended from the Middle East shouldn't be allowed to eat anything that contains wheat. Native Americans shouldn't be allowed to eat any brassicas, turnips, apples, garlic, onions, etc... Anybody not from the Americas shouldn't be allowed to eat corn (maize,) potatoes, tomatoes, chilis, squash, etc...

Watermelon is a legit African crop, so there is that.

As bad as having a bunch of people with radically different culture can be, not all forms of cultural exchange are bad or evil. It seems as though the only ones who don't realize that are the same ones who are calling for what amounts to de facto segregation.
>>
From now on I'm going to carry a gun around and claim it's part of my cultural heritage as a white American and whenever a POC is using a gun they are appropriating my culture.This will of course "trigger" me and they will be shot. This will be clearly explained to all the sjws on campus so they understand not to trigger me
>>
>>71534768

Yeah there was that story about the black woman attacking a white kid for having dreadlocks.

As for cultural appropriation, obviously it is bullshit and it is even more bullshit when talking about dreadlocks. Every race's hair gets like that when left alone so it's pretty niggery to try claiming the nature's JFMSU haircut.
>>
>>71535806
Fuck, apparently I'm not fully awake yet. That grammar...

and it should be non-whites shouldn't be allowed...
>>
>>71534768
White people had dreds before history.

Dreds are pretty much formed by not washing your hair for months.
>>
>>71534768
Cultural appropriation meme has to die

Cultures since the dawn of time have traded trends, fashion, and foods.

Also 100% of niggers and spics have "culturally appropriated" Whites of European descent culture.
>>
File: proudpepe.png (64 KB, 395x578) Image search: [Google]
proudpepe.png
64 KB, 395x578
>>71534768
My weed dealer in 90's was 16, white and had dreads. He was a degenerate little shit, but never once did I think it was a nigger hair style.
>>
Let's keep this trend going... We need to expand it so that living in a black neighborhood is appropriation. Logically the only option to avoid appropriating is complete segregation.
>>
How cultural exchange works in any given country involving whites and blacks:
Whites get:
+atheletes to pad their gold medal stats in the Olympics
+exciting news stories
-higher crime rates for every crime
-a money sink that wastes taxes
-less harmony between people

Blacks get:
+a safer environment than their native countries
+a much higher living standard
+opportunities to succeed
+programs to help them in living/employment/education
+a chance to voice their opinions
-

Yet blacks still bitch about whites taking
>>
>>71534768
>but can someone explain this?
dreadlocks are like a purse that the women of 2016 think is like totally lame

so only like total losers and stuff have dreadlocks
>>
>>71534768
Momoa himself stopped having dreadlocks because they got too annoying for him.
>>
>guy decides to braid his hair
>RACISM!!! CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!!!!

>guy decides to wear dresses, grow out his hair and try to look like a woman
>this is ok
Can people in the Anglosphere explain this shit?
This is just such nonsense it's hard to believe anyone can defend it.
Liberals say that women were abused and exploited. They say that blacks were abused and exploited. Surely in their mind it should be wrong to ''appropriate'' their cultures. Why the double standard?
>>
>>71536128
No. We should rather look to the trailblazers like the honorable Robert Mugabes Zimbabwe who bravely refuses to culturally appropriate 19th century agriculture.
>>
>>71534768
Doesn't matter, the hair fuck gross anyways and anybody with that hair"""""style"""""" needs to be shaved bald
>>
>>71537333

They don't even defend it. The mental gymnastics of libcucks should be on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List because it really is an art.
>>
Why aren't weaves cultural appropriation? They're literally someone else's hair on their head.
>>
>>71534768
its cultural appropriation when you wear them as a style. White, black, chinese, or whatever, if you have natural neglect dreads its more than a hairstyle; its a way of living and thinking. People that talk about culture in dreadlocks are just mad they dont have them. They arent worth the air they breathe.

There IS validity in the idea, but its mostly just liberal faggots bitching about whatever they can misinterpret. Dreadlocks as a hairstyle is as irritating as skrillex hair. Its a statement, and they dont understand the real intent dreads; They dont understand patience, self acceptance, rejection of society. They are so overly indulged in themselves that they think that being different is something that should be encouraged with no contemplation about their own existence. They're just dead inside basically, whereas people with natural unkempt dreads are more alive...or poor..or too lazy to do anything. Am i rambling? You'll have to pardon me, its 4/20 man LMAO EEEYYYYYY
>>
>>71537774
This kind of shit is way too common in the Anglosphere.
I believe your language is fucked.
You have words like ''racist'' that don't really fucking mean anything. You have words like ''gender'' that don't fucking mean anything.

In Latvia we have sex which is male and female. Then we have gender which is a purely literary word. That's also how it used to work in English 100 years ago.
Your language has been butchered.
>>
>>71535797
>engaging these people seriously
You done fucked up friend.
>>
>>71537333
Because liberals in my country don't seem to understand the idea of an argument that defeats itself. Like that whole cupcakes for equality thing, fighting racism buy price discriminating based on race, how does literally being racist help solve racism? Ask a feminazi.
>>
>>71535797
it is seen as cultural appropriation not because blacks invented it (they did) but because it is being used as a fashion statement by straw/greasy haired people who don't have any practical use out of it. blacks wear the hairstyle because their naturally kinky hair knots up and eventually forms into a dreadlock. it is used a protective, low maintenence hairstyle that allows their hair to grow without getting damaged. blacks get offended when others wear the hairstyle because they are often made fun of or even have problems at their workplaces when wearing dreadlocks; dreadlocks are often called dirty or unhygienic on a black person, yet cool and hippie on a white. white people literally have no use for dreadlocks, it only damages the fuck out of your natural hair and snatches your edges worse than a balding man.
>>
>>71538209
i would legitimately accept the idea of cultural appropriation if they would apply it to everything. black people should not approriate white culture like suits and computers and in exchange i will not wear kimonos and ear gauges
>>
>>71538619
There is that. If you do have to engage them, you draw them in, offering a logical argument, you question them when that fails, then you mock them and ridicule them when they dodge your questions. You will not "win" with logic and facts. You have to strike at their muh feels while making them look the fools.
>>
Wikipedia

History - In Ancient Greece...

Dreads are European. Stop appropriating our haircuts, Sambo.
>>
>>71534768
Just tell them it's a hair style. The whole Idea is stupid. If I went to a black owned restaurant and ate some traditional food there am I oppressing them? I helped them out going to their business and also tried some of their culture. Then again leftist would probably see something wrong with that so they can just fuck off.
>>
>>71538770
as a nigger myself, i can say that i am more nicely dressed than most of the riff raff around me. I may have dreadlocks but i am less concerned about how i LOOK than how i am perceived. And even when i am dressed nicely people know that i am an upstanding member of society. Even when i am dressed like shit, people know me by my nature. Im decent, and civil. A persons appearance doesnt even matter, but if they act like a nigger.. If you act like an idiot while wearing dreads... you will be ostracized.
>>
>>71539035
> i can say that i am more nicely dressed than most of the riff raff around me
no, you are more whitely dressed, there is nothing wrong with african clothing so please do not disrespect white culture it is very offensive
>>
>niggers getting this upset about hair

Their culture really has nothing.
>>
File: an_hero.jpg (67 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
an_hero.jpg
67 KB, 600x340
>>71534768
wanting to "culturally appropriate" hair that looks like a shit stained mop (and smells like it, from all accounts) is tantamount to wanting to "culturally appropriate" ear- / brain-sore crap rap, baboon-sized arses and the physiognomy of severely retarded orangutans

>consider the following...
>>
File: clapistan.jpg (52 KB, 610x403) Image search: [Google]
clapistan.jpg
52 KB, 610x403
>>71539177
>white clothing

you do not wear suits on the daily. I wear color coordinated pants, shirts, and shoes. Just like anyone. The only difference is that my clothing fits me properly. Thats the difference between niggers and whites. Niggers clothes are three sizes too big, and my clothing is appropriately sized, unlike your degenerate mothers vagina.

fuck yeah america
>>
File: doll baby.jpg (23 KB, 238x268) Image search: [Google]
doll baby.jpg
23 KB, 238x268
>>71539570
aside from snide remarks, what this comes down to is that fashion, culture, and all style in society is becoming (homo)genized. we are all wearing the same style of clothing and its mass produced, just like the ideas of cultural appropriation. people are mad that culture is dying, and subconsciously they want to preserve what isnt even there. Complaining about what other peopel try to do to be unique is the new style; that is the new culture we live in.

sameness for lack of anything that separates us.
>feel free to blame pic related for dying and not being alive to do anything about it
>>
>>71538350
It comes from tradition where sex and gender were synonymous in the past in practice, and now people are too stupid to tell the difference.

A lot of our words don't mean anything, or they can mean any and everything. People redifine words to give themselves power, and set their definition in stone once they have power. Just wait until the dictionary adds institutional power do definitions of racism and sexism because those cuks get power.
>>
File: 1365534146770.jpg (54 KB, 409x338) Image search: [Google]
1365534146770.jpg
54 KB, 409x338
>>71539035
>I may have dreadlocks
Kill yourself parasite
>>
>>71538739
See now this I can understand. If someone sees a white guy and says cool dreads, and then sees a black guy and says eww your dreads are nasty, then sure, that's racist.

But it sure seems like most people are just whining in general. I sure don't see people acting like that around dreads. Most people don't care. They're >implying things that never happen.
>>
>>71539035
You sound like a cool nig, and
>>71539177 is just making fun of how all your nig brethren freak out about appropriation. When really society has been a huge melting pot for centuries.
>>
>>71534768
cultural appropriation ? try language. if cultural appropriation is wrong. and SJW win. USA will have to stop speaking english and pay a good ammount of money to the UK. Brazilians would do the same with portugal. Culture is like a louse infestation. You just do it, and its kind of hard to resist. So if you now have dreadlocks, because you saw a nigger using it. whats the fucking deal ? its a common behaviour.
>>
>>71534768

what a qt, amirite?
>>
>>71535318
Know what I'm sayn know what I'm sayn aight G. Blop blop right in that shit know what I'm sayn.
>>
File: 7896437947.jpg (283 KB, 640x738) Image search: [Google]
7896437947.jpg
283 KB, 640x738
>>71539014
WE WUZ GREEK N' SHIT
>>
File: 1433005598817.png (328 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
1433005598817.png
328 KB, 596x628
>>71542187
>neanderthal
>>
>>71541559
no i genuinely beleive its offensive for blacks to wear people clothes
>>
dreadlocks have been in multiple civilizations before black rastafarians (the most popular culture version that people know about)

> vikings
> hindus
> aztecs
> probably mayans
> aborigines
> other parts of africa

SJWs just think it's a "black" thing because it's a popular hairstyle
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.