[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is college a scam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 998x653) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 998x653
Is college a scam?
>>
If you go for a shit-tier degree, it is

Go engineering or go home
>>
>>71532574
I have an engineering PhD and I just finished a two year postdoc in February...still looking for a fucking job.
H1B ruined my fucking life, literally.
>>
Dont bother with media or social studies, especially gender studies.

Maths/English and you can teach anywhere.
>>
>>71532490

Yes.

I found that if I started work at my current employer at 18 I would have been a supervisor by now.

Since I started work after college; I have no chance for promotion. Not only do I not have the years of working experience but my employer sees me as too old to be promoted.

So yes, college fucked me over.
>>
Why does the fish tail intersect the coffee cup?
>>
>>71532490
In America, maybe.

I know a bunch of people in college, me included. A friend just graduated as a construction engineer, debt free. Now he's getting one interview a day without even calling companies, because they go to him. Around $3000-3500/month as an entry salary. Bretty gud.

Have a bunch of other friends who got good jobs after graduating too with none to small debts. Do note that none of them studied stupid shit. Only STEM or different engineering fields.
>>
>>71532725
Post degree or fake
>>
>>71533050
Because it's a montage of different images. Not a very good one.
>>
>>71532490
Not a scam, just a bubble. Many people overpaying for their often useless degrees. The real scam is the work force being exclusive with nearly all of its positions and having unrealistic qualifications for entry level jobs.
>>
>>71532942
>too old to be promoted
Desperate for excuses huh?
>>
>>71532574
>>71532725
Don't get a graduate degree like this dipshit.
Then you'll be overqualified for everything. Just stick with a nice useful engineering undergrad degree and let the money roll in.
>>
>>71532490
College is a brainwashing institute that our cuck-overlords use to indoctrinate the youth to their ideology. Then you come out of college thousands upon thousands in debt and in the USA this debt will be aggressively collected. The importance of college is way overstated. There are plenty of trades that don't require it which generate a larger income than most degrees would. Plumbing, pipefitting, construction, cosmetology, HVAC, NDE, are just a few. College is only useful if you earn a law, medical, or engineering degree. Everything else is paper to line your bird cage.
>>
File: student-loan-apocalypse.jpg (83 KB, 736x432) Image search: [Google]
student-loan-apocalypse.jpg
83 KB, 736x432
>>71532490
Doh.
>>
Yes.

>Possible debt if scholarships are not enough, or you can't afford to pay out of pocket. You'll be paying it off for years at that.
>multitude of classes that have nothing to do with whatever field of study you choose to take, that you are required to take because fuck you give us more money
>you're fucked if you don't go STEM. Better find a STEM interest quick.
>They don't train you on what you actually need to know at your job.
>If you don't go out of your way to be a boot-liking cuck faggot to get connections, you're fucked
>If you don't go to Ivy League, and possible suck a guy off to get in to one of those exclusive fraternities, you very likely won't go too far up
>regressive pseudo-liberals and future right-wing sociopaths everywhere

But if you don't go, you're most likely fucked anyway. So bite the bullet, and don't fuck up.
>>
>be me 19
>should I get my degree in network engineering?
> 70k for all 4 years (everything included)
>starting salary is 50k/year

>welding ~10k for everything
>get grants after each period, effectively making tuition free.
>starting salary ~75k
>fast forward 3 years
>write for my jouneyman next week
>if I get pressure ticket I can make ~220k year contracting
>actually have viable life skills
>enjoy working with my hands
>maybe get a second trade when I'm done

Glad I didn't fall for the college meme
>>
>>71533343
>Don't get a graduate degree like this dipshit.
This, or at least not an engineering graduate degree. If you want growth 5-10 years into your career, investing in an MBA can be a really good move though.

People who get grad degrees in most engineering fields are autistics who either couldn't land a job or were too afraid of leaving the safety of college.
>>
>>71533979
>But if you don't go, you're most likely fucked anyway.

If you have any sort of initiative at all you can get a lot more out of 4 years work experience than 4 years of college anon.
>>
>>71532490
Yes it its. Please see link below for more details.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMr2BxA_HVU&sns=em
Enjoy
>>
>>71534275

fucking pleb getting all dirty and sweaty

i don't care how much you make you still work like a peasant
>>
>>71532490
>paying vast amounts of money for what you can learn in the library for a buck fifty with the right books

Scam? No. A shitty system? Yes. It's a rip of but you need to be prove you're qualified for the job after all.
>>
>>71532490
Now that they've lowered the standards, started accepting everybody, and give out useless degrees, I'd say yeah, it's probably a scam.
>>
Only for the morons that don't do two years of CC before transfering.

>paying 30K/year for freshman courses

You deserve to get robbed.
>>
>>71535953
Enjoy your debt. And your useless education
>>
>>71536392
This basically. The pay for the "college experience" whatever the hell that is.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.