[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of hypnosis? I think it's real. Back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: costume.jpg (299 KB, 720x910) Image search: [Google]
costume.jpg
299 KB, 720x910
What does /pol/ think of hypnosis? I think it's real. Back when I was in high school, a hypnotist came and hypnotised a few people for fun. One of them was told to eat a small onion while thinking it was an apple in a supposedly hypnotised state. In the supposedly hypnotised state, he ate the entire onion thinking it was an apple. After he was taken out of his supposedly hypnotised state, he was asked by the hypnotist what it was like to eat an entire onion but he apparently had no memory of ever doing such a thing. I don't think that every person who has been hypnotised in the entire history of humanity has been acting, I think there's something else at work here.

It's not hard to fool the human brain. For example, chillis are not hot. The reason for this is that chillis are made of compounds called 'capsaicinoids' and capsaicoinoids trick the human brain into thinking it is being burned when eating chillis, through the transmission of neurotransmitters. These are electrical signals in the human brain. What I think happens with hypnosis is that these electrical signals are hijacked. This makes me think that if an individual person can be hypnotised, can entire populations be hypnotised? If so, is the entire human species under hypnosis?
>>
>>71531032

Now that I think about it, hypnosis is probably the basis for mind-control.
>>
File: first class travel.jpg (559 KB, 955x1350) Image search: [Google]
first class travel.jpg
559 KB, 955x1350
>>71531032
http://www.biology-pages.info/P/Pain.html
There is a range of nerve endings that are triggered by different temperature ranges. It just so happens that some of them are triggered by chemicals as well. The TRPM8 receptor, for instance, can be triggered by cold or the chemical menthol. TRPV1 responds to heat, but can also be triggered by capsicum. It's not hijacking or hypnotism, just a quirk of physiology.

Hypnotism is probably a thing, though. While nearly all cases done on stage are probably faked to some degree, I have no doubt that someone clever with some ambition could discover a way to warp human wills.
>>
Let's get REAL FUCKING DEEP in the rabbit hole. I love this shit!
>>
I had hypnotherapy for my phobia of blood.

I'll try explain what happens.

The trance state is real. However it is only real if the subject 100% believes in it.
Midway through the session I had a conscious thought, kind of like a lucid dream. Chose to ignore it and continue with the trance.

So yes, it's not some super seekrit magic, it's the subject allowing themselves to fall into said trance.

Ask me anything
>>
Why the Kamen Rider Agito picture?
>>
>>71531032

* capsaicinoids trick the human brain
>>
>>71531032
Hypnosis is real, but not to the degree people think.

It works by increasing the subject's willingness to participate in something.

I don't know how you can get a subject to forget they're being hypnotized though.

There was a lawyer in Ohio who would hypnotize his female clients and fuck them. A few realized what was going on though, eventually.
>>
>>71532493

So hypnotherapy is basically just the placebo effect?
>>
>>71531032
Girl I went to school with once showed up to class naked. She tried to claim her brother must have hypnotized her into doing it because she hadn't noticed she was naked.
Hypnosis isn't real. Or it is but its like this guy says >>71532493
>>
>>71532784
Not really.
For me at least, the therapy did trigger subconscious reactions after the fact.

Let me back up.
My problem is that when I saw blood I hyperventilated, panicked, and fainted.
The therapy focused on me not panicking like that, and so afterwards it was a subconscious thing for me not to panic. I didn't have to think about doing it, but my breathing stayed normal and I didn't pass out.

So no, it's not 100% a placebo I don't think. I think that someone could be hypnotised against their will, like old mate who ate an onion. But mine at least, I wanted it to work, so it worked.

Imagine it as a team effort.
I think that the really really good guys can force it, but for it to be super effective the subject has to want it. If that makes sense. Fuck you it's 1am.
>>
>>71533220

I get what you're saying and I appreciate the response. Also, I think that anyone who has a strong-willed mind can't be hypnotised against their will.
>>
>>71533451
It would be very hard, but possible I think if it was done correctly.
Also note that done correctly is not with a swinging watch, that shit is lame as fuck
>>
this is what monarch and sex kitten grooming is all about. scary stuff. go read shit
>>
>>71534686

Yeah, I've heard of that shit. 'Sex kitten' is merely one of the personality-types that they can awaken in a person and they do it using certain words and images as 'triggers'.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.