[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can Trump beat Hillary. That is the question. 518,000 ppl voted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 1100x619
Can Trump beat Hillary. That is the question. 518,000 ppl voted for Trump in NY. 1000000 voted for Hillary.
>>
races are 2 way vs 3 way

what is the total turnout for dem vs repub
>>
That's because there aren't many Republicans that come out of New York, there are more Democrats in that state.

It's kind of like how California will never be red state either.
>>
>>71529009
Not in New York.
But yes he can beat her.
>>
>>71529539
Do you have any stats to back up that statement?
>>
Make an open or semi-open primary and then you can talk about numbers.
>>
>>71529009
NY has voted dem every year since that Reagan sweep. It's a safe blue state, not a barometer of the general election result. We don't have one of those.
>>71529077
It's still about a million more dems, which is what you'd expect out of a dem state.
>>
It's almost like New York is a closed primary, and there a fuckton more registered Democrats than Republicans or something.

If it was an open primary, your argument, while still stupid and flawed, would at least make a little sense.
>>
>>71529009

>NY as a red state
>Things that will never happen

Over 500k turnout in NY for Republican voters is impressive in and of itself.
>>
>>71529598
Are you fucking retarded? How can you have stats on this
>>
>>71530235
>Are you fucking retarded? How can you have stats on this
You could try comparing the number of Trump vs. Hillary votes in states that have already had their primaries/caucuses
>>
I think the powers that be will successfully keep the wheels on the economy well enough for Hillary to win.

Times are not bad enough for Trump to win.

If all Trump does is to speak to the total failure of the powers that be in a manner that sticks, he will have done plenty good. People need to look back and say, "well he was right about X, but I didn't vote for him", the same way we now say that about Perot.

He is already demonstrating that the Republican party is lead by people that do not represent the wishes of the voters in any way. Either they need to go, or the party needs to split.

I really don't want this fine man to kill himself leading this conflicted, weakening mess of a country, and I really think we need to see the abject failure of our current policies to change the minds of some of those on the left.

All that being said, I do want the guy to win, and I have and will vote for him.
>>
>>71530364
What about closed primaries, like new york
>>
File: 1459021140134.png (94 KB, 747x903) Image search: [Google]
1459021140134.png
94 KB, 747x903
>>71529009
>>71530235
>>
>>71529009

He doesn't need NY to win the general.
>>
>>71530364
That wouldn't be a meaningful figure, the republican contest was more heavily contested early on, the two parties occasionally used different systems in the same state and the general election brings in voters that don't participate in the primary process while also not correlating to the results of that process.
>>71530531
Oh look, you get wrecked this way anyway. Maybe I'm all turned around the subject.
>>
2 way vs 3 way, stop trying so hard to bait.
>>
More people will vote in the general.
Bernie supporters won't vote for Hillary.
>>
if you think Trump can win NY in a general election, seek help.
>>
>>71530364
I'm giving you an opportunity to show empirical evidence that Trump can beat Hillary. You can call me names and throw a tantrum or you can act like an adult and back up your argument. The choice is yours.
>>
>>71529009
700k Bernie voters are coming Trump's way.
>>
>>71529009
... NY is a blue state retard. Of course Hillary would have the upper hand in Sodom.
>>
>>71529009
Some New York voters couldn't change to republican from democrat due to NY rules.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.