[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about middle class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
It's not possible to MAGA without revigorating the middle class.
So who is assassinating it ?
How /pol/ would fix it ?
What about the top 0.001% ?
>>
>>71525847
>So who is assassinating it ?
People who can't see past the left-right dichotomy. They keep electing bozos based on the belief that their side is their friend and the other side is pure concentrated evil. The reality is that both the left and the right are corrupt garbage with no morals.
>>
>>71526030
Well I doubt politicians between 1865 and 1973 were any less corrupts, the major difference is they were far less observed than today.
>>
>>71525847
you can really see it accelerate in the 1980's i wonder what happened around that time? did someone start printing money to pay for shit they couldn't afford?

Inflation kills wages anon.
>>
close the carried interest loophole
tax foreign income and holdings in overseas havens
tax capital gains at the same rate as income
enforce federal minimum wage on American companies that employee foreign workers
exit wealth tax on companies and individuals relocating out of America
enforce tariffs on imports
reform campaign finance
outlaw economic "bailout" packages
pass new antitrust regulations to break up big banks

lower income tax rate for earners below $200k
increase financing for business start-ups and lower business loan interest rates
abolish welfare, medicaid, and unemployment benefits, privatize social security and provide a universal basic income in lieu of these programs
>>
>>71525847
banks and corrupt investment services that take advantage of peoples stupidity
kinda like the same principle in the "the big short"
>How /pol/ would fix it ?
/pol/ doesn't have that much power unless we elect an office offical to implement safety nets for families and middle class people and I think there were some policies that were implemented after the crash in '08
>What about the top 0.001% ?
I don't know what we can do about them, forcing them to allocate their wealth would scream socialsim, as much as i love capitalism, a lot of these 1% guys are kinda scumy
>>
>>71527148
That all sounds like you're hurting 'job creators' and will slow down the economy.
>>
>>71527476
"Job creators" are creating jobs in China and India, not America

They deserve to be hurt
>>
>>71527148
>close the carried interest loophole
>reform campaign finance
Could you elaborate a bit about how it would change the situation ?
As non-american that's a lot of terms I'm unfamiliar with.
>>
>>71525847
The first-world middle class themselves. They're far more expensive than third-world labor but not all that much better. They're not smart enough to compete for high-skilled jobs that attract big premiums. They contain a large number of people who do pretty routine work that's susceptible to automation. And they still have the idea in your head that once you have a job, you should be able to work there as long as you want and get raises just for length-of-service, even if you don't do anything you weren't doing on your first week. They don't want to learn new skills and look for the next new thing, they want to rest on their laurels.

Pretty much all of basic economics is against them, and fighting that is gonna prove pretty futile. The middle class in the first world has to change its ways or descend to the lower class.
>>
>>71527648
As a non-american I'm not sure why you care at all, but the carried interest loophole is an important tool that the ultra-rich use to dodge taxes, and in doing so shift their tax burden onto the middle class

Campaign finance reform would help stop corruption by preventing billionaires and large companies from pouring virtually unlimited amounts of money into politicians' election campaigns. If a politician is elected, he'll be less beholden to multi-million dollar interests and more beholden to his voters and constituents
>>
>>71527587
This. The only way to actually MAGA is to restore a sense of national pride as well, not just embark on a race to the bottom with wages and benefits, because someone can make it cheaper.

Do you really want to know what happened in the 80's? The Greatest Generatiob started to retire: they were probably the only in American history which collectively wasn't willing to sell their countrymen out for a quick buck.

Forget it with millennials. As long as they have Netflix and smartphones they would sell their mother for five dollars given the oppurtunity.

We need protectionism
>>
>>71527904
Thank you for the definitions.

>As a non-american I'm not sure why you care at all

Probably because you are basically electing the president of the whole western world and the fact that since globalisation: economic health of the USA = economic health of the world.
>>
>>71528036
>they would sell their mother for five dollars given the opportunity.

>not renting their mother out for five dollars an hour

Typical millennials. No sense of enterprise or entrepreneurship.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.