[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which system is better? Caucus or primary? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0
Which system is better? Caucus or primary? Why?
>>
Primaries because you will be harassed at caucuses to change your vote.
>>
>>71527267
For me caucusing wasn't bad but the convention was shady af

They printed fake Ron Paul slates with Rmoney delegates on them
>>
>>71528211
(this was in CO btw)
>>
>>71525776
Why don't the girls in my company's server room ever do this?
>>
Primary.

Caucus's are easily corrupted and don't work for larger amounts of people. Deciding who wins the same way people decide who wins a rap battle is retarded.
>>
>>71528416
Why is there girls in your server room?
>>
>>71528673
Because it is the current year?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>71525776
Neither.

>Murika
>Democracy
>>
>>71528416
Because they're empowered?

>>71525776
Electioneering is filthy in caucus states.
Every state should have an open primary.
>>
>>71528957
The trouble with open primaries as that they're highly susceptible to hostile takeovers. If it was a really strong Democrat year, then I can imagine a lot of Democrats deliberately selecting the weakest Republican candidate as the Republican presidential nominee -- let's say, someone who had just been busted for pederasty like Dennis Hastert. This would allow unelectable candidates to be forced onto a party. The reason for allowing people to register in advance is to stop the system being fucked up by people who are hostile to a certain party. But that said, I think they should let people register close to the vote itself -- a week out would be fine. Anything more than that is just going to favor the party establishment and make all the energy of campaigning less relevant than it should be.

That said, it's almost certain now that Hilary Clinton will be running against Donald Trump and that Clinton will be the next US president.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.