[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /pol/ explain something to me. Is the old Testament part
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: _20160411_231533.jpg (196 KB, 1078x1418) Image search: [Google]
_20160411_231533.jpg
196 KB, 1078x1418
Okay /pol/ explain something to me.
Is the old Testament part of Christianity
If no
>why do we follow the ten commandments
>why do we say that homosexuality is wrong
If yes then how do you explain all the awful shit about death penalties, murder, rape etc
Is the old Testament part of Christianity?
>>
>>71524136
Only the parts that each individual Christian decides is part of Christianity is acceptable.
It's the religion of making the rules up as you along.
>>
>>71524136
A very nice question Britbong
>>
OT is for symbolic and historic purpose. Ten Comandments are in line with what Jesus taught. Parts that contradict with what Jesus taught are irrelevant.
>>
>>71524136
Yes but most OT rules don't count and most of the cooler stories aren't actually literally true. Which is dumb as fuck, if you believe in the afterlife I don't know why the Genesis creation story is too far to believe too.
>>
>>71524136
The Old Testament is not really important, especially compared to the Gospels, and is mainly just used to reinforce points when teaching the old testament. The ten commandments are generally a decent set of rules to live by, but I think homosexuality being wrong is more of a society thing rather than christianity
>>
>>71524136
Rarely any christian does what you just greentexted, Christianity is just hobby religion.
>>
>>71524452
*when teaching new testament
>>
File: theingredient.jpg (35 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
theingredient.jpg
35 KB, 333x500
>>71524136

> ten commandments

because Jesus himself explicitly said so

Matthew 19:17-18:

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[a] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”

> homsexuality is wrong

because Paul said it was
>>
>>71524136
You clearly do not understand the Old Testament. It is part of christianity, but Christ is the key to understanding it.

>why do we follow the ten commandments
Salvation is through Christ and His sacrifice is what redeems us, not works. Still the will of God remains same. If someone murders, steals or does adultery, then he offends against the will of God.

>why do we say that homosexuality is wrong
Because both Jesus and Apostles teach that marriage is a lasting bond between man and woman.

>Death penalties
To show that sin is no joke but crime against God. Sin brings spiritual death if you do not have salvation in Christ.
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in union with Christ Jesus our Lord."

>Murder, rape
Old Testament condemns these things. It tells how even people of God can stumble on the road of faith and how they need to repent.

The most important thing about Old testament is that it testified of Gods promise and coming messiah that came true in Jesus Christ, Son of God and our saviour.
>>
>>71525646
/thread
>>
File: POL.jpg (458 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
POL.jpg
458 KB, 1920x1080
>>71525646

/thread
>>
>>71524136
He wants you're heart he wants you to gather and worship.
He wants you to beat you're sins if you like sins and fleshly desires, it will be very hard to be christian.

i'm in a constant spiritual battle, since i have been reborn. It really feels as if the devil does not want me to go full christian ;_;
>>
>>71525175
>because Paul said so
When?
>>71525646
Great post, thanks finbro
>>
>>71525975

> when

1 Corinthians 7:2

2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.

also

Romans 1:26-28

1 Timothy 1:8-11

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

use google
>>
>>71524136
The Old Testament is absolutly part of Christianity. It exists for no other point then to explain the coming of Christ.

Christians do not have to follow the Mosaic law, since Christ was the fullfillment of Mosaic law. By his death and rising a nee covenant was entered into based on Grace from God rsther than strict observance of the law
>>
>>71525175
This.

Also, Natural Law.
>>
File: 1454247102957.png (227 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454247102957.png
227 KB, 557x605
>>71525646
This
>>
>>71524136
The old testament does not apply to Christians. Hell, even the 10 commandments don't apply to goyim.

>Why do we say homosexuality is wrong?
Eh, it's a law of Noah and in line with doctrine.
>>
>>71526950
"Seven laws of Noah" are not from the Word of God but from you corrupt Talmud. Why do you defy the scripture?

The New testament applies to everyone, even Jews, because there is no salvation outside Christ.

John 14: Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 3:The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who disobeys the Son will not see life. Instead, the wrath of God remains on him.
John 8: Then they said to him, “Where is this Father of yours?”Jesus replied, “You do not know me or my Father. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also.”
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.