[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many Catholics? Protestants get more right.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: mitar.jpg (36 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
mitar.jpg
36 KB, 600x437
Why are there so many Catholics? Protestants get more right. They don't worship Mary, which is idolatry, and Mary is just an average human being, mother of a significant figure. Although I've heard Catholics say to me that you ask Mary to pray for you, you don't technically pray to Mary.

Catholics literally believe that the Pope can communicate to god directly. If anyone else claimed to have a direct line to god, they'd be rightfully thrown in an asylum.

Catholics are literally called SHEEP by the Church. SHEEP.

Catholics are told by the Church and the Pope what the Bible says. By comparison, Protestants look like grown adults because they read and decide for themselves what the Bible means.

Catholics believe salvation is based on your contribution to the Church. As if a building made of brick and mortar and some stiff senile old white man is worthy of determining the fate of your soul in your after-life. Protestants believe faith is what will give you salvation.

The Catholic Church teaches that the eucharist (something you eat and drink at the church service for those who can't be arsed to google the word) LITERALLY turns into blood of Christ in the body. Protestants, with more common sense and understanding, believe those edibles aren't actually changed, it's just that Jesus is spiritually present, but he's not in the elements themselves; the elements don’t become the body and blood of Christ.

TL;DR: Catholics are brainwashed sheep. Protestants are grown adults that can think for themselves.
Pic unrelated.
I'm not a Christian but my family is.
>>
>>71518910

Protestants literally ruined the West with 'Faith without works'.

The idea that you can be a complete piece of shit, not follow any Christian virtues but have faith and still go to Heaven is a Protestant one, and it completely ruined Christianity.

Fuck off.
>>
>>71519270
Whereas it's better to be sheep to the Pope? The Pope is just a normal man. Any one individual shouldn't have as much power to influence the public opinion as the Pope. People should THINK for themselves.
>>
>>71519270
You should probably study the history of things that the Pope have done. You'll find that Popes are not people of virtue.
>>
>>71519352

I can't think of a single fellow Catholic who likes this Pope, nobody outside a minority composed of boomers and nonwhites has believed in the Pope since before Vatican II.

Meanwhile Protestantism has overwhelmingly led straight to the social demise of the West through Faith without works.

Tend to your own yard heretical scum.
>>
>>71518910
>Protestants are grown adults that can think for themselves
So what's up with all those retarded sects in America ?
>>
>>71519270
>>71519456
I don't like faith alone being enough to lead to salvation either. I've asked Protestants about murderers who would convert and ask Jesus for forgiveness 5 minutes before the murderer would die. Protestants believe the murderers would go to heaven.

Yeah right.

But why would the Catholic Church have the power to tell ME what the Bible says? I'm highly suspicious of the intentions of the Catholic Church.
>>
>>71519270
What it originally was meant for
>no you don't have to give "generous contribution" to the church to go to heaven
Since back then thecatholic church was scientology tier in jewing their followers

What it was made an excuse for
>your post
>>
>>71519670

"L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés ou désirs"-Bernardus Claraevallensis

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, the Church would have sorted itself out over time, instead retards decided to create heresy and the end result is what we have now.

Cultural Catholicism is inherently more closed, European and conservative than cultural Protestantism. You don't fight fire with poison.
>>
File: 20130328cnsbr14975-800x500.jpg (92 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
20130328cnsbr14975-800x500.jpg
92 KB, 800x500
>>71519886
>the Church would have sorted itself out over time

sorted itself out into cuckolds and islam apologists
>>
>>71518910
fuck off mary is the literal mother of god and ark of the covenant how dare you say anything about her.
>why would the Catholic Church have the power to tell ME what the Bible says?
because they wrote the damn thing.
>>
>>71519352
>People should THINK for themselves.
Sounds like Cafeteria Christianity. Don't like some part of the religion? That's ok, just make up some justification for waving that part away. If the church doesn't agree? Do it anyway and found your own church. That's how the Church of England began.
>>
>>71518910
Orthodoxy is the superior Christianity.

That being said, you should be able to do what is necessary to preserve your culture and values completely free of love or hate, reward or punishment, solely on the basis that what you're doing and where you're headed is the best decision to make.
>>
>>71520164
But how can you trust the Pope and the Catholic Church to inform you accurately what the Bible says without any agenda or bullshit?
>>
>Protestants
>Christiants
When will this meme die?
Protestants are NOT Christians. They are pseudo-Jews.
>>
File: 1385412732479.jpg (31 KB, 352x450) Image search: [Google]
1385412732479.jpg
31 KB, 352x450
>>71518910
>protestant propaganda based opinion on The Church
>I'm not a Christian

Ok
>>
>>71521725
I'm saying Protestants get it more right than Catholics, I'm a Buddhist/Hindu actually.
>>
>why do Europeans follow a jew religion with corrupted european values isntead of following a full jew religion where you play the role of a gentile praying a jew on a stick?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+15%3A22-28&version=KJV

You are literally a dog for the jews.
>>
File: 1457491990051.jpg (275 KB, 716x3234) Image search: [Google]
1457491990051.jpg
275 KB, 716x3234
>Protestants

Of course the Church had problems, but was it worth it ?
>>
File: 1461090473530.jpg (44 KB, 273x458) Image search: [Google]
1461090473530.jpg
44 KB, 273x458
>>71518910
>being outside the Church
>getting anything right

Kek, on who's authority? Rev. Billy Bob?
>>
>>71518910
you honestly think you can interpret the bible better than thousands of church fathers, who actually lived in the context of when it was written?

every single point you have is as monumentally ridiculous as that one. protestantism is the cancer that led to liberalism because it has 0 spirituality. It is completely ridiculous. The sheer stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.