[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With today being 4/20 can we have a serious debate on why it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: facts.jpg (101 KB, 478x447) Image search: [Google]
facts.jpg
101 KB, 478x447
With today being 4/20 can we have a serious debate on why it's not legal to smoke weed in the United States in 2016?
>>
>>71500797
>grows brain cells
BWahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha
>>
Initially it was due to cannabis being a threat to various industries, so big business had the government ban it.

That's still sort of the case but now it's the alcohol and especially pharmaceutical companies that want it to remain illegal. And then of course you have the fact that marijuana prosecution makes up a huge part of the drug war, which militarizes police and puts a lot of people in prison which keeps the state fat.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>71500930
Even if it was legal I'd still choose alcohol over pot.
>>
WEED
>>
>>71501022
Many would. But few would choose happy pills over pot.
>>
>>71501022
Whynotboth.jpg
>>
>>71500797
Fucking degenerates
>>
>>71500797
both should be illegal
SXE
>>
>>71500797
>serious debate on why it's not legal to smoke weed in the United States in 2016?

Because no Federal legislature prior to 2016 has voted to make it legal.

What's there to debate?
>>
>>71500797

>non addictive
To an extent.
>anti-depressant
As long as you don't overuse it.
>cures cancer
Not even close.
>zero deaths in history
Probably not true.
>Saves police and NHS billions
Sure.
>no OD
*very difficult to OD
>grows brain cells
Lol wut.

That being said I do think we should legalize it.
>>
>>71501103
I have nothing against pot. In the past when a friend would occasionally offer some I'd smoke a bit but I couldn't afford to have it in my system because companies are still strict about it.
>>
Because potheads are annoying as fuck.
>>
>>71500797
Is cirrhosis a form of cancer?
>>
>>71500797
>non-addictive
literally just false, and any current or ex stoner will tell you this
>>
>>71500797
I support the legalisation of weed but your "facts" are bs
>>
>>71500930
>but now it's the alcohol and especially pharmaceutical companies that want it to remain illegal
I would disagree that the alcohol industry would want pot to remain illegal, I don't think many people would smoke pot rather than drink, it'd probably be a combination.
I'm not positive about that fact, but I do know that cigarette smoking positively correlates to drinking beer and liquor.

>and puts a lot of people in prison which keeps the state fat.
And many people in both parties are becoming increasingly in favor of criminal justice reform, including leading Republicans such as Paul Ryan and the Koch brothers. I would expect sweeping criminal justice reform to be passed within a year or two.
>>
>>71500797
Is that why there are active websites for weed addiction?
>>
File: 1458503319777.png (22 KB, 235x232) Image search: [Google]
1458503319777.png
22 KB, 235x232
I quit smoking weed after smoking daily in January and I've been so fucking depressed. It really sucks. I don't want to start again because it was so hard to quit but it sucks because I guess it was the only thing making me normal and happy.
>>
>>71500797
Ban both.
>>
>>71502786
bruv, if you're smoking weed every day you probably aren't very happy to begin with.
>>
Weed facts are not true
Fuck off weedman
>>
>>71501324
This
>>
>>71502005
>I do know that cigarette smoking positively correlates to drinking beer

It's seriously one of the best feels in existence.
>>
File: 1460229323029.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1460229323029.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>71500797
>can we have a serious debate on why it's not legal to smoke weed in the United States in 2016?
No because 4/20 is Hitler's birthday and you should kill yourself if you think your stupid little hippie holiday deserves to be talked about on our most holy of days
>>
>>71500797
umm... they are both depressants and both can destroy brain cells if used above moderation
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.