[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /pol/'s opinion on a state's right to secede?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: states rights.png (335 KB, 493x594) Image search: [Google]
states rights.png
335 KB, 493x594
What is /pol/'s opinion on a state's right to secede?
>>
>>71499589

I support it.

Always did prefer confederalism to federalism.
>>
The current year
>>
>>71499689
oh christ stop with the memes
>>
>>71499589
Confederacy is much better, if a state can support itself on its own, they shpuld be allowed to operate as such. Texas would easily be able to operate on its' own
>>
>>71499589

It's only treason if Texas decides to levy war against the United States.

Which, in the case of the previous happening, the Confederacy certainly commit treason.

This thread will go well.
>>
>>71499680
How would you resolve the fact that the world can be a dangerous place and a strongish central state is necessary for protection, and for addressing interstate issues such as movement of goods, trade, banking, etc.

Would you rather the US still be under the Articles of Confederation?
>>
>>71499589
Canada and the US of A should secede in smaller parts.
>>
>>71499589
Texas actually was a country that basically got taken by the US. They more than anyone have a right to become a country again.
>>
>>71499779
Then stop using CURRENT YEAR as an argument
Also the right to secede is irrelevant
If you want to keep them in you need to do it by force
>>
>>71499877
Most of the states were never under the articles of confederation.

U.S. was never meant to be this big. Its basically an empire even within the contiguous 50 states, disregarding the global empire run out of washington entirely.
>>
>>71499589
>Texas is by no means established enough to become its own country.

Has its own power grid.
Massive agg resources
Tons of natural resources
Shit tons of oil money
Shit tons of oil
Huge armed civilian population
High percentage of servicemen are from Texas

Liberals are fucking stupid.
>>
>>71499877
>How would you resolve the fact that the world can be a dangerous place
Name one threat
>>
>>71499877
The only real danger to a free texas is the federal government
>>
>>71499877

Like minds cooperate militarily.

Look at the based Anglosphere.
>>
>>71500061
Russia or China, if the US states fractured in multiple independent countries there wouldn't be anywhere near the ability to power project that the US has today. Although we might not be invaded by Mexico immediately, it would cause great turmoil in the world if the US no longer provided deterrence.
>>
>>71500195
>freedom in america intensifies
>problems somewhere else increase
remind me why I should care?
>>
>>71500195
>Russia or China
regional powers
> power project that the US has today
Not my problem if Russia wants to try an occupy all of wester yurope
>>
>>71500009
>Most of the states were never under the articles of confederation.
Yeah, that's one of the problems of a confederation, and a distinct problem with the AoC in particular. When you decentralize power to a large degree, you don't have a lot of power to do things. I'm not shitposting here, it's explaining a continuum.
>>
File: a7.png (60 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
a7.png
60 KB, 919x737
>>71499589
They don't have the right to secede. That's fucking codified in our laws.

Texas didn't get to choose whether or not it was made into a state, America made it into THEIR state and ultimately it is THEIR land.

IF Texasfags are dumb enough to pull secession again, they will get BTFO by the Union once again, probably alot harder too.

I know i as a fellow southerner would be happy to crush a bunch of dumb confederate LARPers and get paid for it, all in the comfort of my own country.
>>
>>71500012
>he thinks when he secedes he gets to keep the bases and military equipment

You don't.
>>
>>71500453
>they will get BTFO by the Union once again
The army is shit at putting down an insurgency
>>
>>71500271
In the short term, you should care about a decreased standard of living from international instability, and the resulting decreasing trade. This isn't going to just "bring jobs home" like some mercantilist policies would, this is a negative sum game with war involved.

Long term, threats could easily grow. Who knows what Mexico or Canada would look like in 50 years without the US here. Hell, we might even have interstate conflicts. A Texas v. California war for hegemony wouldn't be unthinkable.
>>
>>71500453

Which laws?
>>
>>71499589
States rights > Federal rights
>>
>>71499589
I support it because it would give the states more influence over the federal government. The feds wouldn't be able to just say fuck you we're doing whatever you want in your state.
>>
>>71500568
>international instability, and the resulting decreasing trade
I dont care
I am not importing massive amounts of disposable crap from china
>>
>>71500311
see
>>71500568
They might not think about invading mainland US if the US breaks up (at least for a few years) but the negative long-term consequences vastly outweight any short term positives that could be gained.
>>
>>71500509
The texas national guard is fucking massive in itself. Their air national guard is massive too. Plus everyone is packing heat.

They will be just fine.
>>
>>71500654
Very little manufacturing is done in the US any more. I'd practically guarantee that at least 90% of the stuff you have has had materials or labor supplied from another country. When war disrupts that, prices skyrocket.

Also, you didn't address my point about long-term problems. That's really where things will get bad.
>>
>>71500684
see
>>71500654
I dont care
>>
>>71500012
Why would Texas want to secede?

They have views shared by lots of other people in different areas of the country, they're accepted as citizens and treated as equals, and they are adequately represented in governance.

Oil revenues are not the cure-all solution for revenue that they were 10 years ago, with prices dropping and OPEC not producing an agreement to cap production.
Also trade with the US probably wouldn't start off well, I'm sure they'd be sore about Texas leaving for decades to come.
>>
>>71499589
I am going to create my own country.
I dub thee "fuck the real world".
our state flag is racist towards red people.
we worship the stars.
No red people shall enter fuck the real world.
we will build a wall sheltering us from reality.
JOIN OUR REBELION!
>>
>>71500509
texas also has the largest national guard
>>
>>71500628
Strawman

A state's right to secede is the most extreme right it could have. We can have some state's rights over federal power from the status quo, meaning that we should favor more states rights than from what we have currently, but giving a state the right to secede is total abdication of central authority.
>>
>>71500777
The point is I consume very little
If prices doubled or even tripped for consumer good I would still be alright
>>
>>71500780
You have defeated me with your powers of logic. There's literally nothing I can say to this, other than that people will be worse off if states started seceding.
>>
>>71500947
I don't see how being free instead of a slave is worse off?
>>
File: SUL.png (193 KB, 1500x1341) Image search: [Google]
SUL.png
193 KB, 1500x1341
>>71499589
I'm a separatist myself, and I became interested in Texas after dating a very intelligent lass from Houston who supported the independence of the state. I support their independence. Texas has a very distinct culture from the rest of the United States, and their reasons for wanting to become independent are not very different from ours.

Best of luck!
>>
>>71500918
Trade is just one point in which things would get bad. If you are a habitual saver, let me try another angle.

If there is massive international stability, the company that you work for will either 1) be hurt substantially, making you likely to lose your job or have your pay cut (if they are a large international firm) or 2) be hurt by the reverberations throughout the US economy, in which case you will also be more likely to suffer a pay cut or lose your job (if the company you work for is small)
>>
File: 344.png (28 KB, 991x368) Image search: [Google]
344.png
28 KB, 991x368
>>71500684

Look what happened when somebody started fucking with Britain.

Anglos will endlessly talk shit to each other and even beat the crap out of each other.

But if somebody else really threatens any of us, we war up quicker than a badger in a bouncy castle.
>>
>>71500509
And you think they would give that shit back to the feds when they quit the union?
>>
>>71499589
im more concerned with kicking the rato/bernie states out
>>
>>71500195
>we might not be invaded by Mexico immediately
Mexico can't even control its current territory, any attempt at northward expansion would end in failure.
>>
>>71501025
>slave

well meme'd. I thought liberals were bad with using buzzwords, and yet here we are.

Under the status quo, the central state (the USFG) cannot enslave you any more than a seceded state would be able to.

However, if states started seceding, then the chance for you to be enslaved in the literal sense would be astronomically higher than the status quo.
>>
>>71501168
Again ill find something to do
I have land that's paid off
I can go of the grid
>>
File: 1460520427772.jpg (237 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
1460520427772.jpg
237 KB, 598x792
>>71499877
>>
>>71501187
You want to keep your cake and eat it too. You want the protection of a large state without the responsibility for being in a union.

Under the current international order, yes, an attack on Britain would be an attack on the US. However, this could easily change if the US balkanized. Which was is GB going to go if Texas declares war on Cali?
>>
>>71501341
>cannot enslave you any more than a seceded state would be able to.
Unlike the Union my State is not full of retarded 3rd world voters who desire slavery
>>
>>71501454
>Texas declares war on Cali?
why would they?
>>
>>71499589
Doesn't matter. Requires overthrow of the federal government now.
>>
>>71499589
Totally for it. Only authoritarian boot-lickers would be against the concept
>>
>>71501383
The point of government is to promote to common good, not to suit the needs of wealthy (or landed in your case) individuals.

You can still go "off the grid" in the US and have the protection of the federal government to ensure that you keep your land. Why would you rather a less established state's army defend that privilege?
>>
>>71501454

Like I said, we're free to beat each other up and everybody else in the club mostly just watches or cheers favorites.

I'm talking about the non-anglo fuckers out there. The big 'threats' that were mentioned.

Russia and China wouldn't mess with a balkanized North America any more than they already do with Europe and North America as it is.

Political independence from one another doesn't mean isolationism.
>>
>>71499589
The South should have won the war and it's independence. I'm not particularly fond of nostalgia for the south or anything, I just don't like huge federalized gov'ts.
>>
>>71499589

Go down there and kill every white person to the last child. No more secede talk.....EVER.
>>
>>71501572
>in the US and have the protection of the federal government to ensure that you keep your land
Because the Feds are run by foreigners who have no concept of freedom
They are not interested in protecting it
They are interested in taking it away
They are the enemy
>>
>>71501688
good luck with that
>>
>>71501688

Who are they going to send?

You and your wife's son?
>>
>>71500453
>Texas didn't get to choose whether or not it was made into a state, America made it into THEIR state and ultimately it is THEIR land.

Wut

Texas held a referendum and then sent a delegation to Washington asking them to annex the Republic.
>>
>>71499589
i believe in secession. that being said fuck your pic related. texas is just as corrupt as wash DC. maybe if theyre not bound by DC theyll be able to secure their own borders (the reason they acceded to the union in the first fucking place). i'll sit this one out
>>
>>71501187
>usa
>anglo
LMFAO
you're all niggers and spics, you retard
>>
>>71499877
Maybe if we left the rest of the world alone for a while, they might not be a threat.

We could cut our military down substantially and still be the biggest military on the planet.

And what do mean about interstate issues? If you're talking about "regulating" commerce, you should read up on what that word meant when they wrote it. I'm pretty sure the Founding Fathers had no intention of a central government so deeply involved in the "movement of goods, trade, banking, etc."
>>
>>71501926

Stop projecting, Ahmed. It's unbecoming.
>>
File: image.png (43 KB, 470x549) Image search: [Google]
image.png
43 KB, 470x549
>>71499589
>>
My problem with secession is that the places that want to secede are the places that are the most ill-equipped to manage it.

Texas is totally reliant on the federal government and the entire South doesn't have an economy worth shit.
>>
>>71501972
Don't you know that regulating commerce between the states means you can't grow your own wheat?
Its what the Founding Fathers would have wanted
>>
>>71502017
lol
>>
>>71502017

>Texas is totally reliant on the federal government

Citation needed
>>
>>71502017
>Texas is totally reliant on the federal government
for what
>entire South doesn't have an economy worth shit.
What are you talking about?
>>
>>71502017
>the south doesn't have a decent economy
The south is also where the highest density of blacks live. People tend to forget this when they shitpost about the south for education/obesity/crime/etc. If it's bad, and you generalize the entire south, keep in mind that the south is where most black people live in the US.
>>
Obama won't let It happen.
>>
Those of you who believe in secession: do you think a single referendum with a majority of 50.0001% is grounds to secede?
>>
>>71501724
So the federal government is run by foreigner nationals who don't care about the sovereignty or property rights of their citizens?

And they only want to take it away? To do what? Make a fucking national park? Or make FEMA camps to reeducate the masses?

Come on make real arguments man.
>>
>>71499589
Quebec here, GO AHEAD.
>>
>>71501665

You all should have killed each other down to the last man and let the natives take the country back.
>>
>>71500509
Hmmm...how exactly is the US going to dig up an airbase and move it out of Texas?

True they would probably load up anything they could, but I doubt Texas would let them tear the place up before they left. Plus, it's not like the US Gov't gives much of a shit; look at the billions of dollars of infrastructure and so forth that they left in Iraq and Afghanistan
>>
>>71500568
We will probably split up and form countries with some of the other states.

>tfw cascadia

Wed basically be a North American union anyway
>>
>>71502180

Oh I totally agree with that. He'd take it personally and envision himself as Lincoln 2.0
>>
>it's 2016

everytime
>>
>>71502188
>So the federal government is run by foreigner nationals who don't care about the sovereignty or property rights of their citizens?
I never said foreign nationals but other than that, yes
>And they only want to take it away? To do what? Make a fucking national park? Or make FEMA camps to reeducate the masses?
They want to control you
They want to educate your children
They want you disarmed
They want you completely reliant on them
>>
>voted to consider
>to consider

It means absolutely fucking nothing.
>>
>>71499589

What is it with white people and seceding? IF you don't like what's going on here how about you just leave the fucking country? Stop trying to take the entire fucking state with you. The government would slaughter every one of you before it lets that shit happen and you all know it. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>71502185

I would personally like it to be higher for sanity's sake. 3/5ths. Either legislature or popular vote. Time gate the process as well, force people to really think about it. Maybe a year would suffice.
>>
File: 1449555474990.jpg (53 KB, 600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1449555474990.jpg
53 KB, 600x1200
>>
>>71502417
>IF you don't like what's going on here how about you just leave the fucking country?
no
> The government would slaughter every one of you before it lets that shit happen and you all know it.
Good luck with that
>>
>>71502417
>What is it with white people and seceding? IF you don't like what's going on here how about you just leave the fucking country

Uhhhhhhh
>>
File: 1459409308170.jpg (21 KB, 261x259) Image search: [Google]
1459409308170.jpg
21 KB, 261x259
>>71499589
>Texas thinks they could secede and not get taken over by Mexico and the cartels

inb4 muh Alamo

The US would not help. We'd all just laugh at you dipshit rednecks.
>>
>>71502250
> how exactly is the US going to dig up an airbase and move it out of Texas?
You're right. But you forget that another possibility is a kind of Texan Guantanamo extraterritoriality. (And they might throw in extraterritorial national parks with military bases too.)
>>
>>71502541
>mexico capable of invading anything
>>
>>71502417

>If you don't like what's going on here, just leave the country

That's literally what secession is.
>>
If leftists on Midwestern "liberal" radio wanting to use the military against the Oregon protesters is any sign they will absolutely ape. Just imagine how the media will spin this racist CHRISTIAN state wanting to break away and bring back slavery.
>>
>>71502480

I would gladly drop bombs on Texas. I hate your stupid fucking faces.
>>
>>71502541

Great.

So Texas can count on your support for secession then?
>>
File: gun_salesman.jpg (31 KB, 420x600) Image search: [Google]
gun_salesman.jpg
31 KB, 420x600
>>71500684
Oh please. The world already had their panties in a bunch about the violent "gun culture" in the US. Yamamoto was afraid of invading the US in the 1940s.

Just since Obama was elected, there have been over 100 million guns sold in the US.

So, imagine Texas or some other breakaway states unburdened from the National Firearm Act and all the 2nd amendment restrictions.
>>
>>71502603
Pretty sure 120 million people would have no problem bullying 20 million people.

Especially when all the moneyed parties flee the state because they have a head on their shoulders.

>>71502679
As long as you pay to move all of our refineries to the US proper.
>>
>>71502673
>he thinks the feds could afford to pay for a civil war
even a minor uprising would bring the economy and tax revenues to a halt
The feds know this and its why disarming the population is such a high priority
>>
>>71502630

Oh no more of the Oregon protesters. They should have all been locked in there and the building set on fire.
>>
>lose a battle
>hire a qt senorita hooker to lead us to Santa Anna

WIN!
>>
>>71502807
>Pretty sure 120 million people would have no problem bullying 20 million people.
Why dont you go compare Afghanistan's population to Americans
>>
>>71502807

>our refineries

You really don't know much about Texas do you?

Or about free markets for that matter...
>>
>>71502912
You won't need them when the US stops sending oil to you, Cletus.

Don't worry.
>>
>>71502397
So the federal government wants to completely control every aspect of your life?

That is absolutely absurd, the federal government can barely control itself let alone anyone else. People that work in government jobs don't give a shit about what they're doing, it's just a moderately nice paycheck at a job that's very hard to get fired from.
Do you have any evidence to back up your claims?

Also, assuming what you say is true, how would state governments be any better?
Wouldn't they want to control your life just as much as the federal government?
>>
>>71502784
Texas is trivial to blockade. The federalist scum would turn Texas into Cuba 2.0. They would not need to invade.
>>
File: msdtrpl_ec018_h1.jpg (49 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
msdtrpl_ec018_h1.jpg
49 KB, 480x320
>>71502959

>stop sending oil

>to Texas
>>
>>71499589
Texas has a larger economy than Australia, it has the 12th largest economy in the world if it was its own country.
>>
>>71503023
>Do you have any evidence to back up your claims?
Expansion of the Commerce Clause
Incorporation of the Bill of Rights
>Wouldn't they want to control your life just as much as the federal government?
Not all states are run by liberals
>>
>>71500947
Who will be worse off? The productive areas of the country won't be.
>>
>>71502784

Sold to a bunch of scared old white people on medication that shoot people who knock on their front doors.
>>
File: 2000px-US_House_2014.svg.png (590 KB, 2000x1159) Image search: [Google]
2000px-US_House_2014.svg.png
590 KB, 2000x1159
>>71503081
>he thinks its just Texas that would leave
>>
The last time the south tried to leave, those yankee fuckers invaded and burned everything to the ground. Liberals insist you agree with them. Or else.
>>
>>71502900
>country on the other side of the world
>versus a country right on your border that already thinks they own the land by right

Sure.
>>
>>71500795
Clearly you've never been to Texas.
>>
>>71499589
>Texas in by no means established enough to be its own country

I wonder what being completely fucking clueless and knowing literally nothing is like
>>
>>71503155

Yup, so no problem then right?

You'll support secession then? Finally get the chance to kill people you disagree with!
>>
>>71503244
Southerners are canon fodder.

That's all they've ever been. That's why the North won.
>>
>>71503263
Mexico is poor as fuck
How are they going to invade let alone occupy Texas?
Are you liberals really this retarded?
>>
>>71499589
>Little Mexico wants to secede

Kek
>>
>>71500828
>national guard
>national
>guard
>NATIONAL

Buddy...
>>
>>71500453
Any texas succession would be backed and supported by Russia. Putin has already openly stated that he would provide any aide necessary for them to do it.
>>
Interstate trade, travel and business relationships alone make succession a really stupid idea but it's not like anyone here would understand that. The amount of migration back and forth between California and Texas is huge and succession would make that more difficult. Companies with branches across the country would also face challenges. It's a really stupid idea if you think about it for more than a minute.
>>
>>71503436

Seriously, how old are you people?
>>
>>71503319

Honestly who cares what Texas does. It would just be funny watching the government go down there and put you all down like dogs. If that's how you all want to go out so be it I say. Put all that talk to action.
>>
>>71503436
national guard operates by state independently
>>
>>71503129
Sure, the federal government wants more power, like any government agency, business, or organization worldwide, but that doesn't mean that they want to completely control people.

Do you not support the Bill of Rights being applied to states? Do you think states should be able to ban a person's right to bear arms?

>Not all states are run by liberals
So it's only the liberals that want you control your life via the federal government?
Why didn't any of the conservative presidents or leaders of congress try to dismantle this gross misappropriation of power then?
>>
>>71501454
No, I don't think he's saying that at all. He's not asking for the protection of the state. He's saying that voluntarily they would join the fight.

I don't live there, but I have family in Texas. If they broke away and some country started shit with them, I would help or join.

After all, we do still share a good chunk of this continent.
>>
>>71503585
There is no way the Feds could pay for another civil war
The economy would collapse
>>
>>71503491

>migration from California

That's kinda why we're bringin up the whole secession talk again... so I don't see how this is a downside..
>>
>>71503436
Every state has their own guard bro. It's just called the National Guard. It just so happens that the Texas National Guard and Air National Guard are the biggest in the US. They're made up of Texans and are controlled by the State of Texas. In the event of a conflict they can join up with the regular US Army and be deployed. That's just how the National Guard in the US works.
>>
>>71503585

Thanks!
>>
>>71503604
>Do you not support the Bill of Rights being applied to states?
no
>Do you think states should be able to ban a person's right to bear arms?
I think they should have their own 2nd amendment
>So it's only the liberals that want you control your life via the federal government?
yes
>>
>>71502250
2 things:
first, why wouldn't the government just buy the base, keep that as US territory, and hand none of it over? That's the usually policy for foreign military bases.

Secondly, do you really think Texas has the ability, let alone the right, to prevent the US from removing shit from the US's own bases? I mean, they are literally committing constitutional treason by seceding already, so if Texas actually managed to get away with just the land itself, that'd be a small miracle, but then you're proposing that the Republic of Texas's first move as a sovereign nation be to pick a fight with the US Army? Which, need I remind you, is the largest and most powerful in the world?

This does not seem like a smart plan to me, especially given the history of dumbfuck Southerners attacking federal bases and starting wars.
>>
>>71503365
#15 GDP and that doesn't count illicit funds which is Mexico's bread and butter.

Abbott would be sporting a Colombian neck tie within a month.
>>
>>71501661
Well said.
>>
>>71499589
Every state has the right to leave, that being said Texas shouldn't because currently it's a Mexican shithole instead of an American state
Step 1. Become white again
Step 2. Then Texas can succeed
>>
>>71503330
Ok. Faggot. Keep believing that.
>>
>>71503802
I seriously think you might actually be retarded
>>
>>71503684
I'm not sure what you're trying to imply. They're both huge states and people constantly move back and forth between them. I don't think they're going to succeed because someone on the Internet doesn't like that. Sorry
>>
>>71503129
>Not all states are run by liberals
True, but yours is run by progressive Jesus freaks so it's not all that different
>>
>>71503949
>Jesus freaks so it's not all that different
And what are they doing to take away my freedom?
>>
File: 1454567235893.jpg (19 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1454567235893.jpg
19 KB, 499x499
>>71503923
t. the guy talking about successfully seceding from the most powerful country on earth
>>
>>71504038
I wonder how many of these secessionist actually believe this is going to happen and how many are just role-playing to pass the time
>>
>>71501688
Wow...Stalin would be proud.
>>
>>71503945

I'm Texan, and overall we're pissed because Californian refugees are flooding our state because they fucked up their own and it's altering our political landscape toward more California ideologies.

So that's why I'd have no problem with more travel difficulties between Texas and California.
>>
>>71499589
I can't fault anyone for wanting to leave a sinking ship.
>>
>>71504038
Where did I say the Feds were incapable of invading Texas?
I said the resulting insurgency would destroy their tax base and bankrupt Washington
>>
Texan Republicans are pretty cucked desu. They'd probably allow nonwhite immigration to their independent state.
>>
>>71499873
Any evidence to corroborate that statement? That's quite a leap and I'd like to study the necessary data to either confirm or deny the truth value of that.

I'm patient, so I'll wait for a few minutes as you search through your resources and gather the necessary citations.
>>
>>71504121

I don't know why you guys are so butthurt by the thought of people peacefully leaving your club.

Sounds like you might have insecurity issues.
>>
>>71503740
If it's only liberals, then why did George W. Bush enact the Patriot Act to allow surveillance of US citizens?
>>
>>71499589
>a state seceding
I sure hope you either have all of the resources your state requires to survive domestically available (food, water, energy, raw materials for industry, etc.) or has enough money (and reliable means to produce money US/Mexico are willing to accept) to buy all that shit.

Because you can't run a country on "muh freedom".
>>
>>71504198
You're talking about a government that runs itself with fun money.

You're also talking about what would essentially be a very brief war economy as the entirety of the US goes 100% gung ho to bring the mexishit state into line.

>>71504164
Your state is already fucked. Just look at Austin.
>>
>>71504305
We are talking about States
>>
>>71504305

Wait, are you implying that Mr Plan D, no child left behind and bailouts is a conservative?
>>
>>71500777
So you're saying that the states, if independent, wouldn't have any incentive to compete with each other and the world at large in manufacturing and other industries that otherwise have been relegated almost entirely to particular states and other countries?

You're saying that without the welfare state provided by the federal government the states wouldn't have a supply of cheap workers?

You're saying that states won't start manufacturing their own things even if they get into a war?
>>
>>71504307
According to the Cletuses in this thread, you and Putin are going to fun the secession.

You didn't get the memo?
>>
>>71504364
>You're talking about a government that runs itself with fun money.
Then say hello to hyper inflation

> entirety of the US goes 100%
You remember the massive protests when we lost 5k soldiers in in Iraq in Afghanistan
>>
>>71500568
>tfw you will never see a glorious war between Texas and California where those bean-commies finally get kicked out of our fucking country
>>
>>71503777
I'd think if Texas was seceding, they wouldn't be interested in selling the land. Now, they might have to compensate the US for the facilities, but I'd think they would want to avoid just the situation you are describing.

No, I said they probably would take all their stuff. It's fair. But hangers and buildings are a different story. So, maybe Texas would have to compensate them for those.

But I don't think they would intentionally start a military conflict with the US.
>>
>>71504364

Oh tell me about it, I used to live in Austin.

Hopefully the hipsters would flee the state if we ever seceded. The old Austin hippies were much more pleasant libertarian outdoorsy types.
>>
>>71504307
Texas is surprisingly independent. We have our own power grid and manufacturing sectors, plenty of farmland and a fuck ton of oil. If Texas were to secede we would succeed. I'm not saying that we should our would however. It's just a theory exercise.
>>
>>71499589
America knows how to handle insurrectionists.

>tfw you'll never see Sherman frog-march thousands of rebel scum into the atlantic after torching their cities one by one
>>
>>71504408
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that the federal government's goal is to control every aspect of its citizens life, but only when the liberals are in charge.

>>71504424
Sorry, who are true conservatives? Trump?
>>
File: Old-Canadian-Flag-2.jpg (59 KB, 706x399) Image search: [Google]
Old-Canadian-Flag-2.jpg
59 KB, 706x399
The United States has signed many treaties affirming the right to self determination if there was a majority of Texans that wanted to leave the Union I'm sure they would be allowed as long as they take on their share of the debt. That being said I don't think it would be a good idea if for no other reason then America's military would be hampered quite a bit if Texas or even worse the entire South left. Also if only Texas leaves that that is pretty much giving the rest of the country to the Democrats.
>>
>>71504145

Set up a meet at the courthouse of all the Republicans and rednecks live on tv. Just drop one bomb and shhhhh no more secession talk. Just dreams...
>>
>>71499589
If you voluntarily join, you can voluntarily leave.
>>
>>71504519

Pretty much this. Abbot would be very careful to avoid getting suckered into another Ft. Sumter.

If hostilities did break out, he'd make sure it was clear Washington DC started it.
>>
>>71504682
>I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that the federal government's goal is to control every aspect of its citizens life, but only when the liberals are in charge.
Where did I say that?
>>
File: 1436210978208.png (150 KB, 436x454) Image search: [Google]
1436210978208.png
150 KB, 436x454
>>71499589
>GUYS IS THE CURRENT YEAR!
>NOT THAT YEAR!!
The care becoming desperate.
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (56 KB, 426x373) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
56 KB, 426x373
>>71504682

>Trump
>>
>>71499589
The Constitution is clear, the states have the right to abolish the union if they wish

The Federal government is more properly seen as an outgrowth of the state governments. A union which the various states voluntarily accepted, and accepted the terms of. And can just as easily leave.

The loophole that Lincoln used was that once the states are outside the union, that means they are another country. Which means he can legally declare war on them. This means that in practice, all states are bullied into the union whether they like it or not
>>
>>71499589

This literally fucking happens in every southern state every single year. I'm from SC and there's a petition to secede that gets over 100,000 signatures every 5 years or so. Why is this news?
>>
>>71504216
Dude Texas is filled with oil.

Oil = Money = Can operate on its own.
>>
>>71499589
They have the wrong Idea. They wanna secede I presume because they have major qualms with the current form of government as well as with the executive branch and congress. The thing though is most everyone in the country also has the same qualms. I would support a constitutional conventions and an attempt to fix the current situation before we start letting states leave.
>>
Sec. 1. FREEDOM AND SOVEREIGNTY OF STATE. Texas is a free and independent State, subject only to the Constitution of the United States, and the maintenance of our free institutions and the perpetuity of the Union depend upon the preservation of the right of local self-government, unimpaired to all the States.

The state constitution won't allow it, also virtually no Texas want it and nearly no Republicans in Texas want it. It's a delusion.
>>
>>71499589
States due have the right to Secede or even go against the Federal government itself (provided they can justify it). Modern philosophers believe that individuals (and by extensions governments) have the right to revolution. Some go as far and say it is a rebels duty to overthrow a government that no longer represents them nor has their best interest in mind. This was one of the main causes for the American Civil War.

"It seems to me that the duty to rebel is much more understandable than that right to rebel, because the right to rebellion ruins the order of power, whereas the duty to rebel goes beyond and breaks it." - Howard Evans Kiefer

"This part of the declaration closes by saying that overthrowing a government is a serious matter. It should only be done for serious reasons. But when people have endured many abuses for a long time, it is their duty to overthrow the government and set up a better one. The colonists find themselves in this situation. The British king has repeatedly inflicted injuries on the American colonists."
The Declaration of Independance.

I know a lot of states actually went as far and codified the right to revolution in their own constitutions. This next bit is taken from Massachusetts constitution.
"Article VII. Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity and happiness of the people; and not for the profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men: Therefore the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity and happiness require it."
This is why I always roll my eyes whenever I see someone complaining that their state having articles and bills about secession from the union., I know several states do have such laws in the books.
>>
>>71504707
Not how that works.

Read the constitution. You don't have to join in, but once you are in, you stay in--or else.

You can be let out again, but that's pretty unlikely to happen. Texas would need to get the feds to sign off on it, which seems unlikely to occur. That's the only way they can legally leave the union, under US law.
>>
>>71504690
>if there was a majority of Texans that wanted to leave the Union
We're more likely to annex Canada before that happens
>>
>>71504591
The catch is - you have to be "completely" independent, or you're going to get grabbed by the balls and made a resource appendage of US.
>>
>>71499589
>>71499589
You'd think that they would consider what happened the first time someone went down that road.
>>
>>71504752
I believe you said it in >>71503740 with the statement:
>So it's only the liberals that want you control your life via the federal government?
yes

I just think you're drastically overstating the malice of the government. Government employees generally don't work as hard as their corporate counterparts due to their high level of job security and government contractors wouldn't be trusted with the level of intrigue you're implying.

Sure, there are certain state actors who have enforced controlling or corrupt policies to gain power or influence but I think it's a step too far to assume that the entire federal government structure is set up that way.
>>
File: image.jpg (482 KB, 1350x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
482 KB, 1350x2000
>>71502417
>the government would slaughter every single one of you
>and you all know that

6/10 bait, typed up a real reply but erased it. You are getting there though.
>>
>>71504876
How does that work when the US has sovereignty over geographic area?

That's also in the Constitution.

US territory is whatever the Congress decides it is.
>>
>>71505109
Texans are arrogant enough to believe they could succeed where the entire South failed.
>>
>>71503436
National Guard is a fancy word for State Militia.
>>
>>71505165
They actually believe that they'd maintain the full fighting strength of the National Guard and stand a chance against the rest of the United states. Keep in mind that a miniscule amount of Texans want out and the secessionist movement is actually a tiny tiny fringe movement and a joke among Texas Republicans.

See >>71505261
>>
>>71503777
Not the largest faggot
>>
>>71505261
they are actually separate entities.

National Guard is reserve component of the US Armed Forces.

The militia can be divided by unorganized (able-bodied males over 18) and organized (state militia).
>>
>>71505352

They wouldn't need to.

The US military would be thrown into mutinous disarray if given orders to invade Texas.

No scenario that involves 'killin the rebs again' would work in the modern world. The US would have to commit suicide, which kind of defeats the purpose.
>>
File: secession.jpg (80 KB, 539x641) Image search: [Google]
secession.jpg
80 KB, 539x641
>>71499589
>What is /pol/'s opinion on a state's right to secede?

/pol/ is libertarian at its core and thus supports secession.
>>
File: Break You.jpg (21 KB, 344x400) Image search: [Google]
Break You.jpg
21 KB, 344x400
>>71500453

You forgot the part where Putin keeps saying if Texas secedes the Russian Gov't will side with us
>>
>>71505012
Alright, fair enough. Lets take a look.

- Independent Power Grid
- Independent Army and Air Force (no idea about Naval forces, probably something though because of Gulf of Mexico)
- Independent Manufacturing Sectors
- Independent Farmlands (both crops and livestock)
- Already establish state government
- Massive oil reserves and refineries
- 12th largest economy in the world (GDP $1.648 trillion)
- Freedom

What am I missing?
>>
File: 1460938907020.png (860 KB, 841x720) Image search: [Google]
1460938907020.png
860 KB, 841x720
>>71499589
>Texas is by no means established enough to become it's own country

Who thinks this?
>>
>>71505508
This is what the Confederates believed.
>>
File: warning.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
warning.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>71505508

We also control the largest military installation in the contiguous U.S.
>>
>>71499589
Literally the shittiest thing ever thought of.

We haven't been a real "UNION" since the fucking days of the Confederation, which was rewritten as the Constitution almost a few years later.

Fucking retarded desu m80's. Why would you ever as a nation let part of your people/resources/power just separate?

What are we? A bunch of limey britcucks?
>>
>>71505508
Top kek ok I'm out of this thread, let me know when you guys get on that.

I really hope you do because I'd join the military if it meant killing secessionist traitor fucks. Too bad they probably wouldn't need me because there's probably enough military strength in the surrounding states to crush your rebellion within a week.
>>
>>71505508
Literally what the confederates believed, compadre.

Hey, could you ask the CSA how that disregard for federal authority is going for them? Oh, wait, you might need to ask Tecumseh, instead....
>>
>>71505800
August 1794: Whiskey Revolution defeats Gen Henry Lee and Albert Gallatin convinces the remaining federal militia to mutiny against Washington. Philadelphia is sacked and the federal government overthrown.

Washington, Hamilton, Adams, Madison and other Federalists are executed for treason and murder. The proposed Jay Treaty never passes and America continues to embargo Britain with best wishes for Revolutionary France.

First party system- Republicanism vs Factional interests
1794 - 1830
November 1794: Albert Gallatin is elected and sworn in as a Republican by Congress under the restored Articles of Confederation.
1797: With the help of his Secretary of State, Thomas Jefferson, President Gallatin arranges the Treaty of Arnhom, ending the War between France and Britain and recognizes France's overseas possessions and its control over Holland. In return President Gallatin resumes trade with Britain.
1798: President Gallatin offeres to purchase the rights to the Louisiana Territory from France. With restored credit and Confederation support France never returns to Jacobinism, and eventually adopts an American style confederacy.
1800: President Gallatin negotiates with Indian Tribes in order to secure speculative land rights with tribal partners backed by specie. Gallatin leads Congress in issuing currency back by the value of future land sales.
1807: Thomas Jefferson is elected third president as a Republican.
>>
>>71505679

The Confederates didn't have 24 hour news networks, the Internet, and a population that couldn't stomach losing American lives.
>>
>>71504701
>FUCKING WHITE RETHUGLICAN SCUM! I HATE YOU SO GODDAMN MUCH! I DON'T EVEN WANT TO BE IN THE SAME COUNTRY AS YOU!
>...BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE!
>>
File: 1289177678701.png (51 KB, 164x162) Image search: [Google]
1289177678701.png
51 KB, 164x162
>>71505853

>implying the surrounding states wouldn't join us

Sleep tight, Yankee.
>>
>>71504896
Okay, if it is illegal to secede, that would put them at the same place as the Founding Fathers. It's an "all in" proposition at that point.

And if the US decided to attack Texas to keep them in the Union, what then? How many in the military are from Texas? How many have family there? How many would refuse their orders? And what kind of field day would the media have with the bloodshed?

Pretty sure there would be a lot of support for Texas and maybe other states would follow suit.
>>
They don't have it.
They, as in the people, are welcome to fuck off — but the land is ours.
>>
>>71499589
Vermont tried that a few years ago it's not anything new nor is it a Republican or Democrat thing
>>
>>71505984
This. Why do liberals get so assblasted at the thought of this, to the point where they want wholesale murder?
>>
this isn't the first time they are doing this and its exactly as pathetic as it ever was
>>
>>71505853
Lincolnite boot-licking faggot.
>>
Doesn't the Constitution say that a state must be allowed to secede?

That would mean it isn't treason and liberals btfo everywhere.
>>
>>71499589
Per Hobbes it doesn't exist.
>>
>>71505921
>>71506015
These are all still Confederate talking points.

>hurr Americans need 24/7 media to understand bloodshed
>huurr Northerners didn't see the caskets being brought in by the hundreds in New York and elsewhere

Regardless, Obama would just bomb you porchmonkeys with drones.
>>
>>71506218
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White

it's unconstitutional
>>
>>71501383
You're a fucking idiot. Holy god, just stop posting. Nobody cares about the opinion of someone who obviously doesn't care about anything.
>>
>>71499589
I think that the very concept of Liberty means it is an implicit right.
>>
>>71505899
Nice alt history anon.

But how in this timeline does the Articles enforce the proper taxes to pay off war debts, and provide a form of unity for the states when pressed with outside aggression? Hell, let alone with interstate wars?

You want HRE part II: The Asswakening?
>>
>>71506218
It says that but
Lincoln's position is pretty much pure pragmatism. Allowing every state to potentially secede brings us back to the chaos of the Articles of Confederation.
>>
>>71505853
I grew up in Oklahoma. There was always a ton of trash talk between OK/Texas. The OU-Texas game is a big deal. We make fun of them, and they us.

However, somebody starts bombing/killing Texans and I guaran-goddamn-tee that a bunch of Okies will load up their trucks and be down there helping out in a heartbeat.
>>
File: 1450078481631.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1450078481631.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>71505853
>not joining the Union army only to defect to the Confederacy
>>
File: Union of America.png (254 KB, 2147x2215) Image search: [Google]
Union of America.png
254 KB, 2147x2215
>>71506358
i got more.

1810: Rush of settlement throughout the last decade has accelerated population growth all the way the Mississippi River. Booming profits from land sales enrich the Confederation Treasury and Tribal investors as well. Confederation Treasury converts the land certificates into specie and begins issuing currency based on specie to pay for debts. This environment encourages other private banks to begin issuing paper credit based on specie reserves.
1814: War is averted between the Seminoles and the United States and lasting respect for property and diplomacy develops between the European Americans and the Indian Americans. American militia later assists the Seminole Nation in throwing off Spanish rule and in return they apply for admission to the Confederation.

1817: Thomas Jefferson builds a coalition to outlaw slavery and compensate slave owners. Personhood issue is settled empowering equal protection under law regardless of either gender or race. Eli Whitney’s cotton gin is widely credited for adapted revolutionizing the cotton industry.

1818: Following the Seminole Nation’s lead the Cherokee Nation, with John Ross’ help, applies and is admitted to the Confederation.

1819: Confederation retires the national debt from the Revolutionary War.

1820: Growing resentment with the State Church of Connecticut causes massive rioting, after the mob was suppressed by the militia the State assembly moved to abolish the State Church. This begins a growing “Laicite” movement in the Confederation encouraged by President Jefferson.
>>
I enjoy these threads immensely, particularly because you get to read uneducated opinions from the masses of individuals who genuinely believe something so bizarre would succeed. This is on the level of MGTOW retardation and it is truly wonderful to chuckle at.

I've consistently read post after post mention "muh oil" and "muh nat guard," but how are businesses able to flourish? How are banks able to secure the necessary funds in order to secure mortgage loans or, better yet, bonds? How are Texas government employees paid? Do you guys actually, genuinely, believe you can secede with no consequence and you'll be able to survive independently? Economy solely rests on your capability to pursue trade opportunities, both within your region and elsewhere. Are you naive enough to think that you wouldn't be affected adversely by this caustic decision? Taxes for Texans would go through the roof if you're seeking trade opportunities outside of the state as punishment; texans nationwide would be forced to endure the process of dual citizenship (Texan/American) or would coerced into choosing one side over the other.

How about access to university? Students who seek to gain admittance to a University outside Texas would need to pay international student fees and no one from texas would be eligible for PELL/TAP. You're not a citizen by the law of the land, so you don't deserve this.

Banks would close their Texas branches almost immediately and simultaneously, or better yet, reach an agreement with the US Government so that they're able to have access to federal money to replenish their banks appropriately. In return, the banks could easily control interest rates for Texans and build control; the US would allow it because Texas isn't their problem.

Think about what you're saying. Analyze your commentary.
>>
>>71506351

Some Americans, it would seem, don't give a damn about liberty.
>>
File: athl-78-revolution.png (1 MB, 1230x1172) Image search: [Google]
athl-78-revolution.png
1 MB, 1230x1172
>>71506460
1821: Aaron Burr is elected 4th president as a Republican.

1822: The aftermath of the concessions in Massachusetts during the 1820 Lowell Mill strikes has created a formidable Women’s Rights movement demanding suffrage and full equal protection throughout the majority of the states.

1824: New Indian territories in the northwest frontier begin petitioning for admittance to the United States and are admitted under equal terms beginning the cross-assimilation of both cultures and the upward mobility of Indian tribes in America.

1825: James Monroe elected 5th president as Republican.

1826: Series of downturns in northern manufacturing, cause revenue shortfalls. Northern states begin raising tariffs on southern agricultural products.

1827: Southern states, feeling the pinch, raise rates on duties for northern finished goods and a full blown trade war escalates for the rest of the year

1828: Growing food prices in the north create riots in major urban areas. Northern states begin to embargo needed materials to the south in order to pressure lower tariffs. Conflicts at ports erupt over seizures of cargo.
>>
>>71506413

Ditto.

I'll even refrain from saying anything about Stoops around y'all. Not that we're in any position to say much of anything these days... dammit..
>>
>>71506460
I see I've met someone who's spent time thinking about this.

So we're going to ignore the constant raids and acts of aggression of both parties? (Indians vs. Americans) Integrating them into reserves and given land was a bitch and a half to accomplish. How will any of these confederate states cooperate with these culturally opposed nations? Hell, Manifest destiny stopped being a thing or something?

Neat idea with the church though.
>>
>>71506413
Your allegiance to a state supersedes your allegiance to your fucking country? Are you fucking serious?

/Nat/pol, my ass. Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>71499589
isn't a right, law doesn't matter much in this regard.
A secession isn't usually legally mutual.
>>
File: liberal tears.jpg (91 KB, 428x427) Image search: [Google]
liberal tears.jpg
91 KB, 428x427
There is no law against it right now. All that's in the books is that the United States has no obligation to take you back when you fuck up and beg to come home and live with mom & dad again.

That said, Texas can live on its own, everyone else is a parasite leeching off of us anyway, especially the southern half of California.
>>
>>71506467

Are you saying we don't have our own tax revenues or Texas banks or don't already handle international student transfers?

That's your argument?
>>
File: 534545451.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
534545451.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>>71506708
Second party system- Republicanism vs Democracy

1829: Port closures and growing concerns of civil war force James Monroe to propose two amendments, one to establish a national reserve army and another to prohibit the laying of duties on interstate goods and establishing a federal civil court for arbitration on interstate trade barriers. The first was soundly voted down, the second passed narrowly. The Duty Injunction Act of 1829 passes as the largest expansion of the federal government to date.

In the fallout, John C. Calhoun is elected 6th president as the first Democrat over splits from Republicans over expansion, federal military power, suffrage and the Duty Injunction Act.

1830: South Carolina votes to secede over the Duty Injunction Act and outstanding debt owed by northern states for seized cargo. South Carolina immediately begins calling up a militia.

1831: President Calhoun assembles a coalition of states and issues an ultimatum of embargo against South Carolina, supported by the standing federal navy. South Carolina votes to repeal the Ordinance of Succession and stands down. President Calhoun is hailed as a hero.

1833: The New York Stock Exchange is founded by several brokerage houses and offices are set up on Pine St in Lower Manhattan.

1835: Texas revolts against New Spain, the insurrection spreads throughout entire southwest all the way to Alta California.
>>
>>71506831
I thought for a moment Trump was playing JAZZ for his SOUL.

Still good.
>>
If at first you don't secede try try again.
>>
>>71506746
the idea with native americans is that they invested in land in the beginning , by selling to the US, and then got wealthy later when bond became due. Wealth gives people access to power. It could have avoided over a hundred years of nonsense.

This was Galatins and Jeffersons original idea for dealing with the natives. They respected land ownership.
>>
>>71502075
>>71502120
>>71502134
Every time they go on about how they don't need the feds, the first thing they do is cry for government assistance in emergencies.

I know this because I live in Austin. They do it everywhere.
>>
>>71506895
1836: John C Calhoun expands suffrage, office and militia eligibility to all men regardless of race, origin or class. Also, In Texas, an aborted attack on the Alamo due to a Spanish mutiny results in a win for the Republic of Texas.

1837: John Ross is elected 7th president as a Republican from the Cherokee Nation. One of his first acts was to attend the coronation of Queen Victoria in 1838.

1837-1839: The four Canadian provinces revolt against Britain and eventually win their independence.

1840: The Republic of California is founded euphemistically dubbed the “Bear Flag” Republic.

1842: After John Ross declines to run for a second term in 1841, Jefferson Davis wins election and becomes the 8th President.

1843: The Canadian provinces upon petition are integrated into the United States and the Articles are amended to rename the confederacy the Union of North America.

1844: Texas petitions for Union annexation and is admitted under President Davis igniting an offensive by the Spanish viceroy against Texas. Texas elects James Bowie as their president.

1845: After much debate and preparation the Congress decides to aid Texas militarily authorizing a call to contribute militia forces to a standing Federal expeditionary force.

1847: Spanish-American War ends with the Treaty of Guadalupe ceded lands North-West of the Rio Grande and the coastal lands north of the Rio Panucho to the Union.
>>
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/is-secession-legal/
>>
>>71507080

That's because it's smart, economically, to take money that's offered/available.

Especially when you already pay into the pool through your taxes anyway. See unemployment comp.
>>
File: 562454545342.jpg (186 KB, 500x756) Image search: [Google]
562454545342.jpg
186 KB, 500x756
>>71507104
This begins the "Pax Americana” (1847-1880)

The war was unpopular with the North and the elections returned the Republicans with Henry Clay as the 9th president.

1850: Economic convulsion and civil unrest for New Spain followed after the war, revolution occurs in Central America and Mexico declares its independence. President Clay declares the Confederation neutral in the conflict, regardless of Texas sending arms and mercenaries.

1851: First commercial oil rig establishes the Confederation oil industry. Cooperation begins with Mexican speculators to develop oil fields south of the border as well.

1855: Franklin Pierce is elected 10th president as a Democrat. After the cause of cholera in England is discovered most American municipalities establish water treatment plants leading to a major decrease in water-borne illness.

1856: The independent republics of western America petition for admittance into the Union under President Pierce, who becomes the first president to preside over an America that stretched from Pacific to Atlantic. The first professional public-funded Police Dept. is founded in Boston. Two years later New York will follow suit.

1857: After a tense compromise The Republic of New Mexico is admitted after agreeing to the formation of the Navajo Nation out of its territory, also to be admitted. Also, The screw propeller is invented creating a boom in ocean-going streamliners.

1858: Women are granted suffrage and voter literacy tests are prohibited just in time for mid-term elections altering party alignments.
>>
>>71499589
Good. Means I can visit Texas without having to set foot in niggerland.
>>
File: 1457745857891.jpg (44 KB, 573x960) Image search: [Google]
1457745857891.jpg
44 KB, 573x960
>>71499589

If States can't secede, the united States was never valid
>>
File: neil-young-3.jpg (26 KB, 376x338) Image search: [Google]
neil-young-3.jpg
26 KB, 376x338
>>71506467

This exactly. I mean, I get it southern states, 7 generations on, you guys are still sore you got cucked by the north. But you think that once you succeed at secession, everyone is going to accept you? That the US government won't cajole, bribe, or threaten every government and corporation from working with you?

You might get some off the books deals from more unscrupulous governments but it'll never be in your favor. Within a few short years, you'll be a 3rd world country, begging the US to take you back.

Just buy a bunch of land out in the middle of nowhere and beat your meat there, at least you'll be more 'free' than this farce of an argument
>>
File: Leftypol_Promo.jpg (2 MB, 1125x2587) Image search: [Google]
Leftypol_Promo.jpg
2 MB, 1125x2587
its legal to secede in Canada all you need is a referendum. We have more freedom here in a sense since Americans can't legally secede and are forever slaves to the most powerful government in the world
>>
>>71507248
Third party system- Equal Rights vs Natural Law

Since the 1850's Industrialization, the merger of European freethinkers freely immigrating and American Deists, an advancing naturalist understanding, and a continuous peaceful prosperity, culminates in a new secular and cosmopolitan culture for America as religion begins a long retreat from the public square. Eventually a fundamental shift in American politics occurs between contemporary philosophies about social responsibility and reactionary notions of the established civil society; Harriet Beecher Stowe is elected as the first woman president on the Equal Rights ticket and takes office in 1860.

1861: Growing sectarian strife between the Navajo Nation and its Hopi constituents lead to several battles. President Stowe calls Congress to session and a vote is taken 46 – 3 to support the Hopi Nation’s right to succeed, admitting them to the Union. The threat of a state militia coalition against the Navajo Nation forces a ceasefire. Chief Joseph Young of the Nez Perce Nation negotiates the terms of the truce.
This earns the president the nickname of the “Iron Lady”.

1863: A "Bill of Rights" is amended to the Articles of Confederation, due to pressure by several "Bill of Rights" movements in multiple states; formally codifies the responsibilities States have to protect the natural rights and due process of their citizens. A surge of nationalism follows.

1865: Union Pacific and Central Pacific meet lines at Promontory Point forming a transcontinental railway. An increased era of commercial rail traffic issues a new era of growth under President Stowe.
>>
>>71507323
>legally secede
You're implying the country they are leaving has a choice.
>>
File: 220px-LysanderSpooner.jpg (19 KB, 220x312) Image search: [Google]
220px-LysanderSpooner.jpg
19 KB, 220x312
>>71507353
1867: Lysander Spooner is overwhelmingly elected 12th president under the Natural Law ticket and enacts major reforms within his first years in office, 1868-1869:

1. He dismantled the standing Union military assembled under Jefferson Davis to fight the Spanish American war.

2. Forms a coalition to amend the Articles so Congress may regulate bankruptcy and provide for reciprocity of State acts and contracts; signs into law voluntary bankruptcy, a Confederation patent system and outlaws debtor prisons amongst the States.

3. Abolishes the United States Post Office, greatly relieving the federal budget.

4. Also by amendment, the Congress is to only meet once every four years to elect a President and Vice President and then adjourns if there is no business unless 3/4 of the States call for a Session.

5. Moved the Union onto the Metric system.

Congress adjourns and only holds session four times between 1869 and 1878.
>>
>>71506983

A gold star for the Oscar worthy dad joke here...
>>
>>71506810
What I'm saying is that I believe in Freedom of Association. If Texans decide they want to leave the Union, I don't have a beef with that. If my decides that it would prefer to start bombing my friends and relatives rather than let them leave, then it's not the country I thought it was.

Is your allegiance that strong that you'd be fine with your friends and family being killed?
>>
>it's 2016
WEW
>>
>>71499589
Texas is the prime example of a self-sufficent state, what are those retards babbling about?
>>
>>71507468
Yeah, not even Texan but a lot of the country depends on Texas.
>>
>>71504216
retard, any state can operate on its own if fucking switzerland or portugal can.
>>
>>71507468

A lot of Americans think Texas is just cowboys, cattle and tumbleweeds.

And that there are only a couple hundred people living there.
>>
>mormons
>jewish good goys
>>
File: prussians.jpg (157 KB, 590x413) Image search: [Google]
prussians.jpg
157 KB, 590x413
>>71507403
1870: Intra-continental airship travel becomes popular and affordable.

1873: Thomas Edison establishes the first transcontinental telegraph system bringing an end to the Pony Express.

1874: Also, Edison creates the first electric company; and eventually DC distribution becomes the affordable standard for America’s grid. Westinghouse goes bankrupt.

1876: America’s centennial is celebrated during the World Expo in Philadelphia.

1877: Austro-Hungary annexes Croatia, triggering a war with the Ottoman Empire. Austro-Hungary's ally Russia declares war on the Ottoman Empire. Great Britain declares war against Austro-Hungary and Russia for threatening her regional interests. The “Great War” begins.

1878: Smallpox is eradicated in the Confederation due to an aggressive interstate vaccination program beginning in 1820.

1879: Chief Joseph Young is elected 13th president on the Equal Rights ticket, surrendering his royal titles under Nez Perce custom; and George B. Selden patents and mass produces the first automobile.

1881: France enters the war on as an ally to Britain and the Ottoman Empire. American mercenary brigades and privateers, without interference from Congress, also begin to contribute to the war effort organized under French command dubbed the "Foreign Legion". Prussia joins Russia and declares war on France.

1883: After a series of reversals and stalemates the French eventually caved from advancements by the Russians and Prussians by way of long-range artillery and aerial bombardment (The Siege of Paris). The ensuing armistice ended the Great War and Paris was occupied. The Union profited greatly from munitions and coal sales during its official neutrality.

1886: The first two major labor unions form for the coal mining and electric industries.

1887: Frederick Douglas is elected as the first president of African descent on the Equal Rights ticket.
>>
File: The Great War.png (614 KB, 1886x824) Image search: [Google]
The Great War.png
614 KB, 1886x824
>>71507664
1888: The telephone is invented. Prussia and Bavaria are united into the German Reich by a marriage placing Kaiser Wilhelm on the throne.

1889: Sharp downturn in the market over coal, oil and munitions speculation causes a recession lasting until 1892. The recession is compounded by growing automation. Germany invades and occupies Bohemia, Austro-Hungary, bankrupt from the Great War, protests but eventually cedes territory.

1890: A controversial vote supported by President Douglas raises the tariff schedules across the board. The resulting price increase of imports and retaliatory actions by Europe on exports make the tariffs extremely unpopular even though employment stabilizes.

1890 World's Fair commences in Paris.

1891: Thomas Edison is elected 15th president on the Natural Law ticket. His first act in 1892 is to radically reduce the trade tariffs enacting a “free-trade” foreign policy to much national fanfare.

1892: After three years of brutal warfare and food shortages a serf revolt in the Urals spreads into a Neo-Jacobin revolution overthrowing Czar Alexander II. The royal family is executed.

1894: Due to their excellent field testing during the Great War, most State militias have raised air corps consisting of solely of airships, an auto-gyro prototype was considered but wasn’t cost-effective.

1896: President Edison is requested to appear for monopoly and corruption charges in a New York court supported by an amicus brief from Pennsylvania and Connecticut. In order to retain office, and to avoid seizure by private bounty, Edison appears before a New York magistrate. Soon after a lengthy injunction, by New Jersey on behalf of the president, the “trial of the century” commenced in full earnest.
>>
>>71506175

We'll let you have it for a year. Then we'll stage a false flag attack and go down there and kill you all.
>>
File: 544354544534.jpg (113 KB, 498x367) Image search: [Google]
544354544534.jpg
113 KB, 498x367
>>71507742
Impeachment is voted on and failed by Congress. President Edison is also found not guilty of all charges in New York.

This precedent affirms not even the president of the Congress is above the law of the States under the Articles.

1900: A major coal strike in Pennsylvania forces a bloody showdown between private security and strikers, the incident incites 3 months of conflict in Western Pennsylvania, and eventually the State militia is called in to suppress the insurrection.

1902: The first series of Anti-Union Acts are passed in 32 states, under the banner of Natural Law, causing the dissolution of the National Labor Front. President Edison angers and shocks many within Congress with a proposal to create a national Bank of America; this all but effectively torpedoes the once popular president’s fourth term bid.

Fourth party system- Anarchism vs Libertarianism vs Technocracy

1903: Longshoremen in New York, Boston and Philadelphia organize a massive strike paralyzing commerce on the New England seaboard. President Edison’s Natural Law party refuses to interfere in what is essentially an internal state matter, while the opposing Equal Rights party proposes expanding the arbitration court’s power to include mitigating labor disputes effecting port access. Natural Law splits over accusations of corruption and allowing States to outlaw labor organization, while Equal Rights splits over the almost “Hamiltonian” overreach of nationalizing labor law.

During the election upheaval, a nascent Anarchist party will edge out a plurality over the Natural Law, Equal Rights parties and the recently formed Libertarian party. Benjamin Tucker is elected 16th president as the Anarchist candidate.

1904: President Edison leaves office having lost much personal wealth in the market and to legal fees.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.