[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Does /pol/ Do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 508x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 508x337
What does /pol/ do for money, and do you find it fulfilling? I'm about to go off to college and start a degree. I would like to work in computer programming or cryptography. Thoughts?
>>
>>71487927
Nail artist aka manicure/pedicure. Lots of money in cash, hooked up with several clients, hooked up with girls at fashion events, somewhat recognized within industry.
>>
File: IMG-20150512-WA0082.jpg (75 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150512-WA0082.jpg
75 KB, 640x640
Civil Engineering
Money is good but Ive grown bored of it, should've done Mech. Eng.
>>
im looking after refugees. 100€ per night and i dont have to be awake.
>>
>>71487927
I work in IT security.

You make very good money.

But, you WILL need to be a total scumbag, or at least be able to think like one.

You need to be able to look a kindly old lady who can't remember her PIN in the eye and tell her to fuck off until she finds a valid form of ID. You need to be able to do nothing but make your coworker's life hell every single day. You don't get to fix stuff like normal IT, you get to make them have to start using passwords on their voicemail, and re-log into their computer after 5 minutes of inactivity, and a thousand other small cuts that make them hate you. Finally, you need to be able to tell your CEO he is wrong, and then ignore his orders and risk getting fired when he tells you to do stupid shit like turn off the encryption on his laptop so he can get on faster.
>>
>>71487927

your mom
>>
>>71490857
10/10 post. Bravo.
>>
I'm a professional cuckold
>>
>>71487927
I'm a musician. I play local gigs and I did 1 tour around New England and the Midwest. I don't make a lot of money but I scrape by with the bills and do what I love. I find it rather fulfilling, but I know not every musician has the opportunities I got, so I'm very grateful for where I am despite it not being ideal.
>>
>>71492657
Post your music.
>>
Drive what you yanks would call 18 wheelers, here we just call them lorrys
>>
Software engineer.

I don't know what you mean by "fulfilling". My career isn't my life. It's just a means to an very early retirement.
>>
Mailman.
TFW Canada Post is going to lock us out soon.
>>
DevOps Engineer

It pays. 24/7 on-call. I'm living the dream.
>>
Fulfilling meaning that you genuinley like what you do. Is it something you can stand doing for 30+ years to retire. Is it at least interesting?
>>
NEET for 6 years, mommy pays for my expenses.
>>
>>71487927
A year ago I was studying Computer Engineer. I have since dropped out, moved to Brasil, and am currently training to be a flight steward.

I then plan on saving that money and going into penny stocks. If I play my cards right, I should retire before 30, maybe even sooner so I can go on my trip.

But now, still living off the parents. But it won't be for long until 3 months into the future.
>>
None of your business, NSA.
>>
Financial Statement Auditor at a big 4.

Not really fulfilling, just here to gain a strong foundation of skills and open my own business.

[This is not a shit post]
>>
>>71487927
Jew here. I translate doujinshi on comission. This doujinshi is spread amongst your white men, who consume it and fall for the 2D>3D meme that my half Japanese cousins spread. Thus they don't breed, and I make shekels off of it.

I'm bringing down the white race, and making money at the same time. How can you goyim even compete?
>>
File: 1458955753070.jpg (337 KB, 1279x1706) Image search: [Google]
1458955753070.jpg
337 KB, 1279x1706
>>71487927
Math degree but I'm a trucker. Just working while my paperwork goes through to be an officer in the military. I'm a pretty hard-charger imo.
>>
>>71487927
Find a way to make money without working.
>>
>>71493721
penny stocks.
penny.
stocks.
whats the point of living if you just do this to make money
and then just retire
what more do you want once you are retire?
im curious what you would do then...
i dont mean this in jest....
>>
construction worker. pretty awesome when you see the shit you built with your own hands
>>
>>71494349
Don't you have to compete against algorithms?
>>
I got a degree in philosophy and now work for a startup doing technical and marketing writing. I'm not super motivated about it but when I'm immersed in what I'm doing I enjoy it, and it's a pretty fun company to work at, lots of good people. Don't want to do this for the rest of my life, though.

I enjoyed the few programming classes I took in college and even considered adding it as a second major, but I didn't want to spend another two years in college for it. Kind of wish I'd pursued it from the start, it's a lot of fun.
>>
Stay at home dad. My wife brings in money from her office job and I do the house work. I also pick up my wife's son from school and do homework with him till his mother comes home.
>>
engineer, it's good times OP

>>71494203
please tell me you actually eat like that
>>
I'm a student with a work study job, my last job in the real world was a gas station attendant
>>
File: pebble-mine-sockeye.jpg (151 KB, 1120x586) Image search: [Google]
pebble-mine-sockeye.jpg
151 KB, 1120x586
>>71487927
Fisheries scientist, fuckin amazing
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.