[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>cant go to prison for failing to pay a private pay a private
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (33 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
33 KB, 852x480
>cant go to prison for failing to pay a private pay a private debt
>can go to prison for tax evasion/failing to pay taxes

Someone explain to me how the fuck this is legal? Other than "lol we said so"
>>
Collective good is more important than individual
>>
>>71487648
According to who?
>>
>don't pay taxes to feed, house, and clothe other people
>go to prison so other people's taxes will feed, house, and clothe you instead
Makes sense.
>>
>>71487648
There is no such thing as a collective. There are only individuals.
>>
>>71486360
Government has power to jail you for criminal offense once you are convicted

Laws deem tax evasion to be a criminal offense

Private citizens do not have the right to jail you for debts
>>
>>71487924
According to the state with all the guns, bucko.

Suck it up.
>>
File: the claw.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the claw.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>71486360
I've honestly thought that was total bullshit.
>you can get sent to jail for theft if you borrow something from someone and then refuse to return it
>you can't get sent to jail for skipping out on a loan

This shit makes no sense.
>>
The IRS won't send you to prison if you skip taxes because you can't afford to pay them, but they will if they have proof you did have the money but made deliberate efforts covering it up from them.
>>
>>71488659
Bounty hunters come for you
>>
>>71488821
But that isn't applied to private debts
>>
>>71488821

This. What Wesley Snipes did was pretty damn egregious. It doesn't happen to people that didn't calculate their 1099 correctly and now owe.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.