[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to Catholics reconcile the fact that at least 10 of their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: urban vi.jpg (52 KB, 378x531) Image search: [Google]
urban vi.jpg
52 KB, 378x531
How to Catholics reconcile the fact that at least 10 of their popes (and presumably countless bishops and cardinals under them) were corrupt, murderous, and wicked? How can you even take apostolic succession, papal infallibility, canon law, and the catechism seriously at this point?
>>
>>71459038
tradition with the crusades. rome total war submitting to the pope. it wa a power struggle for favorability.
>>
>>71459038

The same way you accept German royalty ruling over you. Smile and nod.
>>
>>71459038
>being a Catholic
>worshipping idols and false prophets
Top cuck
>>
File: 1457825783056.png (408 KB, 563x513) Image search: [Google]
1457825783056.png
408 KB, 563x513
>>71459038
Because you don't understand a thing about papal infallibility or apostolic succession.

Stop posting in this thread, everyone, until you've read this. Anything less is a shitpost:

http://edwardfeser . blogspot . com/2015/11/papal-fallibility.html
>>
>>71459038
Papal infability only started in 1870 with the First Vatican Council.

Also, it only matter when the Pope say "Ex Cathedra" and he can't do it without permission of his subordinates.

Also, remember that the leader of the anglicane church is the Queen. Your religion is ruled by a woman
>>
>>71460014
>implying I'm anglican

>>71459903
no, I know what papal infallibility is

my question is why Catholics put so much faith and trust in this central man-made institution, hence why I mentioned the other components as well
>>
>>71461167
>why Catholics put so much faith and trust in this central man-made institution

that's a psychological, spiritual, philosophical question. hardly political honestly
>>
>>71461167
Because we're not obligated to agree with the vast majority of things the Church does, so it doesn't matter? Also, the Donatist heresy?

Also, the Bible explicitly says the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. It can be as corrupt as humanly possible at all times and it will still be the accurate voice of God on faith and morals, and the sole vehicle of salvation and the sacraments.

That's why.
>>
>>71459038
>Catholics claim to be the original, traditional church unchanged since its founding by Christ
>is completely different from the original Church in almost every single way
Orthos are way closer to the original Church and even they fucked things up to an extent, the Roman Catholic Church is a schizophrenic circus from top to bottom. They're not even necessarily heretical, just bizarrely ritualistic and misguided.

I don't know what the true church is but it certainly isn't the Roman Catholic Church as a whole. If we're trusting the testimonies of the apostles and the early church fathers, the real church looks nothing like any major denomination.
>>
>>71461526
>necessarily heretical
>literally have a fucking bank
>b-but that's Vatican not Holy See
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>71461721
kek, and Saint Peter's Cathedral literally has a gift shop in it

like money changers in the temple
>>
Catholicism is a false, anti-christian religion, and it's hilarious watching these cucks try and defend it.
>>
File: 1458788965380.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458788965380.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>71461914

Christians aren't called neo judaic for no reason.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.