[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you opinions on reparations for slavery?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16
File: reparations.jpg (32 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
reparations.jpg
32 KB, 320x320
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tanz1IxVpVA
>>
GIB
>>
do they ever come up with a solid number of dollars that they're owed so it can be compared to the cost of welfare abuse and crime
>>
>>71441997
I would be glad to pay for blacks to go back to Africa.
>>
>>71441997

If you have evidence that a still rich family gained part of their fortune from slavery, then fine.

My ancestors competed economically against slave owning plantations, so keep me out of your shit.
>>
>>71441997
Blacks have had reparations. 40 acres and a mule, welfare, section 8.

They have done fuck all with them.
>>
>>71441997
50 years of gibsmedats aren't enough, here is free college (all black people qualify for grant money). Oh that not enough, here have a President. Oh that's not enough, here have space for you to riot.

What more do the niggers think we owe them?
>>
>>71442189

See the wikipedia entry for Liberia
>>
>>71441997
I would agree to a payment of reparations if they would agree to banishment to Africa.
>>
>>71441997
Well to be quite honest the destruction that black people have wrought on the U.S. since their emancipation more than outweighs any benefit we might have gotten from their labor. That said yes I do believe in reparations, I think they should get a lump sum payment of $75,000 or so contingent on leaving the U.S. and renouncing their citizenship.
>>
>>71442326
He didn't say that they had to prosper when they got there.
>>
Absolutely, I agree with reparations.

US govt paid them for people who stayed at the Japanese Internment Camps so they should pay reparations to all the ex-slaves.

Wait a minute...
>>
>>71441997
C U C K S
U
C
K
S
>>
>>71441997
Reparations are things that cucked European countries have to pay.

We Americans won't do shit.
>>
Hast the US put like 40 trillion dollars into low income communities since WWII? One of Molyneuxs videos is about that
>>
Fuck it, any coon dumb enough to believe that reparations are a valid option should be given reparations in the form of a free flight to Ghana or Liberia and returned to their "homeland"
>>
File: Hey Guize, I'm White.png (193 KB, 229x361) Image search: [Google]
Hey Guize, I'm White.png
193 KB, 229x361
>>71441997
> white
>>
Watts California
>>
My ancestors never owned slaves. Also sins of the father and such forth.
>>
I would be glad to pay $10,000 for every nigger to go back to Africa.
>>
>>71441997
My great-grandfather owned a KdF car that died during his lifetime. What do you think about me suing Volkswagen because I feel fucked over that fact, for whatever reason?
>>
>>71441997
I fully support this.
>>
I am Italian and Russian. Slave comes from the word slav. Where are my reperations for slavery my ancestors faced?
>>
>>71441997
come and try to take them
>>
File: image.png (676 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
676 KB, 1334x750
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R8DjK73wHPg
>>
What is 40 acres and a mule for 200 alex.
>>
>>71442304

>What more do the niggers think we owe them?

I'm going to go with "everything"
>>
>>71443311
did they actually get that?
if they did they didn't do shit with it
>>
>>71441997
tl:dw?

I can't watch or listen that dude for 5 whole minutes, sorry.
>>
>>71443411
>The effect throughout the South was electric: As Eric Foner explains, “the freedmen hastened to take advantage of the Order.” Baptist minister Ulysses L. Houston, one of the group that had met with Sherman, led 1,000 blacks to Skidaway Island, Ga., where they established a self-governing community with Houston as the “black governor.” And by June, “40,000 freedmen had been settled on 400,000 acres of ‘Sherman Land.’ ” By the way, Sherman later ordered that the army could lend the new settlers mules; hence the phrase, “40 acres and a mule.”

>And what happened to this astonishingly visionary program, which would have fundamentally altered the course of American race relations? Andrew Johnson, Lincoln’s successor and a sympathizer with the South, overturned the Order in the fall of 1865, and, as Barton Myers sadly concludes, “returned the land along the South Carolina, Georgia and Florida coasts to the planters who had originally owned it” — to the very people who had declared war on the United States of America.
>>
So how would reparations get implemented?

Would they start a tax for descendants of slave owners? A white tax? What about people whose ancestors moved over from europe within the last 150 years? How much would be enough? What about rich black people? The logistics of this would be mind boggling.
>>
>>71443580
> I can't watch or listen to that dude
> that dude
> dude

Wait, I'm confused
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 600x289) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 600x289
My ancestors owned slaves. I still spend summers in my grandfather's rural plantation home, looks like pic related.

Don't see how blacks think WE owe them. If it weren't for men like my forefathers, they'd still be starving in Africa with the rest of their brethren not lucky enough to be brought to America.
>>
>>71441997

tell them to ask the arabs/sudacas etc for reperations first XD
>>
Slavery was legal when it was practiced, so you can't expect penalties to be given to someone if the act wasn't illegal at the time.
Modern whites had no hand in slavery when it was still being practiced so it makes no sense to expect them to pay for someone else's "crime".
By the same token modern blacks have never spent a day of their lives in servitude and thus do not deserve reparations for victimhood they never actually experienced.
It makes no sense to only demand reparations from America since the majority of slaves acquired by America were sold to slave traders by Africans themselves. Thus if America must pay reparations, so too must Africa.
Similarly slavery was not a uniquely American phenomenon. For example, let us not forget the Arab slave trade (which was on a far larger scale than the cross-Atlantic slave trade) and slave ownership in Africa.
Lastly it makes no sense to talk about reparations for slavery many years ago when right now, in 2016, there are slaves who Are owned and traded in Africa.
>>
>>71443892
Nice
Plantation homes are so comfy
For bonus points hire a black maid
>>
>>71443247
glorious
>>
File: 1460918028931.jpg (516 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
1460918028931.jpg
516 KB, 1152x864
>>71441997
>tfw even though my family came here in 1970s, due to my white skin I'm still a "slave owner"

me and the sjw menace on the right
>>
I don't own slaves.
Niggers aren't slaves today.

QED. Case closed.
>>
>>71441997
>tfw grandparents legally immigrated here from europe
I have 0 guilt because of slavery
>>
>>71441997

>paying reparations to someone who was never a slave
>most white people in America never owned slaves and the majority was against it
>there were blacks who owned slaves too
>white people ended slavery as a whole, not only in white countries

Everyone who asks and expects reparations for slavery committed by whites should be lined up and shot
>>
reparations are a good idea because blacks don't save money.
also there is a great way to pay for it:
a 50% tax on menthol cigs, nikes, rims and basketball tickets.
we give all the coloreds a $100 check and its all spent within days.
the only problem is gibs me never ends.
>>
>>71441997
Didn't 620,000 white soldiers die in the Civil War?

They have already been paid in blood with an entire generation of white people.

What would US demographics have looked like today if there was no civil war?

In 1960 white people amde up 85% of the US population, it is currently around 60%. By 2050 whites will only make up 47% of the population.

Whites are commiting demographic suicide to apease minorities.

So not only have they paid by sacrificing an entire generation but also paid with their future.
>>
File: 1451580405392.jpg (155 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1451580405392.jpg
155 KB, 800x1200
>>71441997
We will soon as we get the indians lined out.
>>
>>71444150
All the help are Hispanic actually. Think it would be too degrading for black people to work in uniform for an entirely White family right next to preserved 19th century slave quarters.
>>
A trillion $$ has already been paid out in form of various forms of public assistance for blacks over the decades.
>>
>>71442216

If you think that line of reasoning will work, you are truly a fool.

They just argue instead that you have benefited from the LEGACY OF SLAVERY, even if you're ancestors had nothing directly to do with it.

Just like the saying that you can't reason a man out of something he was never reasoned into, you cannot reason a man out of GIBS
>>
Why? We already had to pay for them once. Niggers arent getting double pay.
>>
>their houses, while ruined from nignogging, are still better than mud huts
>they get to shoot glocks instead of chucking spears
>SHEEEIT NIGGA WE STILL NEED WHITEY TO PAY FOR ENSLAVIN US N SHEIT
>>
>>71441997
Fucking white devils! Reparations is a distraction. They don't want us to go back to Africa with our rich brothers.
>>
>>71441997
Cival war was repetitions for slavery. Also most people in this country cannot even be linked to ancestors who had slaves.

Who the fuck has a bill to pay.
>>
>>71446844

>Printing pictures of rocks on your bank notes

Why not just use the rocks as currency? Worth the same
>>
>>71441997
What is welfare? Might as well be reparations.
>>
File: 98898844.jpg (242 KB, 1280x856) Image search: [Google]
98898844.jpg
242 KB, 1280x856
>>71441997
This is one of the few things I would actively protest simply because it's so fucking stupid.

>America, land o' da immigrants
>Family moved here in 1920
>Long after slavery
>Why the fuck do they or their children have to pay for slavery?

Fuck that stupid shit, plus, look at their quality of living relative to mother fuckers in Zimbabwe and The Congo, they should pay us wages for us choosing their forefathers as being valuable enough to be considered a fucking commodity.
>>
>>71442401
Oh nice one, if there was a plan where everyone could give up half of their total worth to send them back I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd sell my 3br 2ba house and go rent a double wide so that my daughters could live rape free.
>>
>>71446844

Sheeeit nigga ! If you want to go back just say so. I'll pay your airfare!
>>
>>71441997

I am against reparations.

In fact, when somebody brings it up it just makes me more racist.
>>
>>71441997
Some guy robbed my store. He was black. Where is my reparations?
>>
>>71441997
When will the jews pay reparations for killing our lord and saviour Jesus Christ?
>>
File: 1460870682956.jpg (526 KB, 2465x795) Image search: [Google]
1460870682956.jpg
526 KB, 2465x795
>>71441997
Who enslaved all the Africans? Other Africans. Who is known for holding up the enslavement of people as an integral part of culture? Africans. What do we need to make sure slavery stops? Get rid of the Africans. What do you do to Africans when they blame the slave trade on Europeans? You tell them to go to USA where people are uneducated enough to believe such inverted horseshit.
>>
File: unhappy-merchant.png (103 KB, 440x522) Image search: [Google]
unhappy-merchant.png
103 KB, 440x522
>>71441997
Reparations?
Oy vey.
Who ran the slave markets?
>>
File: 1449837403748.png (892 KB, 810x744) Image search: [Google]
1449837403748.png
892 KB, 810x744
>>71441997
The blacks of today did not experience the cruelties of slavery. However, there needs to be a symbolic gesture by the Jews, CEOs of companies involved in slavery, congressmen, supreme court, and president of apology.
>>
>>71448782
>The blacks of today did not experience the cruelties of slavery.

Unless they live in Africa where enslaving people is normal
>>
>>71441997
Wth? We give them a shitload in government assistance. And its not like they themselves experienced it.
>>
pretty sure the Krauts aren't paying reparations for WWII and we sure as fuck aren't paying reparations for the Indonesians.
Unlike the Africans, our colonies actually worked their asses off when they came here instead of bitching about everything.
>>
>>71441997
why don't you just pay it? i tough amerika was rich?

>>71444666
nice double-trips satan
>>
>>71448678
Before some fuckwad comes in here saying that Europeans encouraged the slave trade, take note:

Sub Saharan Africans had been taking slaves for as long as we have records on them (not very long all things considered) and the proliferation of slavery as a means of wealth was heavily influenced in Africa by the Arab slavers.
>>
>>71441997
We were violated by the mongols, turks ,austrians ,romanians ,germans and russians throught our history ,to at the final the took the 2/3 of our land. And most of my people are not complaning about this just slowly fading away in this easter.european depression.
Blacks need to grow the fuck up and develop their own shit.
>>
>>71449049
>pretty sure the Krauts aren't paying reparations for WWII

We paid for it about 6 million times.
>>
>>71441997
Great idea! every slave owners descendant should be subsidized for their ancestors financial loss when the slaves were freed.
>>
>>71444250
Is it summer already?
>>
>>71441997
yeah when will those africans pay reparations for enslaving my european brethren.
>>
>>71449049
of course they did. even italy did
>>
>>71441997

Not a single person alive today has been a victim or is an immediate relative (spouse, child etc.) of a victim of legal chattel slavery and are thus ineligible for compensation .

We owe you niggers nothing.

Also, while we're on the subject. Why aren't you demanding the Vatican, British, French, Portuguese, Arabs and African Kingdoms pay their share of the gibsmedat? They are just as guilty of participation in the slave trade as anyone else.
>>
>>71449122
Not to mention you could go to Nigeria RIGHT NOW, IN OUR DAY AND AGE, buy a slave, in chains and everything, to do your bidding. Can you do that in France, or the USA? Didn't think so.
>>
>>71442170
6 to 12 trillion apparently
It's calculated by estimating the number of man hours all the slaves in the U.S. took and multiplied that by the average hourly wage at the time, then compensated for inflation
Again, not sure exactly what numbers they used to calculate this, since the source I read didn't say. Also not sure why there's such a range of possible costs
Basically it's bullshit and they aren't gonna fuck up the whole country just so they can go buy stupid shit for a year
>>
File: polish-girl.jpg (33 KB, 290x400) Image search: [Google]
polish-girl.jpg
33 KB, 290x400
>>71441997

Reparations? Sure, why not?

ULAN BATOR (Reuters) - A few thousand Polish demonstrators rallied in the Mongolian capital on Saturday to demand that the Mongolian government pay Poles reparations for slavery, murder, looting and generally acting rude in their invasion of Poland in 1241 A.D.

"I want to go up to the closest Mongol and say, 'You can't understand this, it's a Polish thing,' and then slap him up side the head with a kielbasa, just for my mental health," Jan Kowolski, a member of the Warsaw City Council, told the crowd.

The demonstrators, numbering about 2,000 to 3,000, came from all parts of Poland, many traveling by bus from as far away as Krakow. They chanted "Slavic Power! Reparations!" and "Batu Kahn Sucks!”.

“Apologize Golden Horde," said a sign carried by one demonstrator.

Kowolski, a self-proclaimed "elected revolutionary," said if the Mongolian government did not act swiftly he personally would storm the Treasury Department and take every last tugrik they have for
reparations.

Polish activist Lech Pszczolkowski told the crowd, "Mongolia owes the Polish people a lot for what they endured... umm... 775 years ago!"
>>
File: 1460842028775.png (75 KB, 211x173) Image search: [Google]
1460842028775.png
75 KB, 211x173
>>71449049
>No reparations for WW2

Top kek.

Nice one toothpaste
>>
>>71441997
Never owned any myself. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>71441997
White people freed slaves, that should be good enough. Africa still has slavery
>>
File: Niggerworkplace.jpg (13 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
Niggerworkplace.jpg
13 KB, 271x186
>>71449518
>Also, while we're on the subject. Why aren't you demanding the British

Fuck off, they worked in your fields, not ours.
>>
>>71441997
No problem. They'll give it all back. Soon as it's sure reparations will be paid,

long
>Fubu
>Dub Wheels
>Hennessy
>KFC
>Adidas
>Nike

wait six months, take initial investment and profits and short all the above.
>>
>>71449978
>In 2004, Lloyd's of London was sued by the descendants of African slaves. The case was not successful.[2] In Jamaica in 2004, a coalition of Rastafari movement groups argued that European countries formerly involved in the slave trade, especially Britain, should pay 72.5 billion pounds sterling to resettle 500,000 Jamaican Rastafarians in Africa. The claim was rejected by the British government, which said it could not be held accountable for wrongs in past centuries.

You're just too poor, admit it
>>
File: 1429277945501.png (46 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1429277945501.png
46 KB, 200x200
>>71450124
Scots were pretty big on Caribbean slave trading and shit.

They won't get a single fucking penny.
>>
>>71449978
Those Cotton Fields were all originally property of the British Empire.

Slavery was already a century-old institution when we inherited from you limeys.
>>
>>71441997

someone should hack that site and redirect the paypal reparations link to the KKK
>>
>>71450357
>century old

Fuck me you're retarded, trust me slavery is basically as old as ethnic conflict.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHWl3fzDQMw

REPARATIONS FOR KILLING MARTIN LUTHER KING
>>
>>71449636
>6 to 12 Trillion
>Estimated man hours
>Multiplied by average hourly wage then compensated for inflation
How absurd and preposterous!
Clearly the person who calculated this never did an analysis on wage rates and the slave labour supply at the time - they're fucking up the average hourly wage with the going wage rate for a similarly laboured freeman

Nevermind that they haven't factored in the cost of sheltering, feeding and often educating slaves, nor even the reductions for the per-capita difference in welfare spending, or the cost of black specific affirmative action

>>71450357
>>71450124
Despite shared common law, the United Kingdoms and the imperial and colonial possessions are legally distinct entities.

Hence why slavery was not allowed in the Kingdoms (Magna Carta, no man can be a slave, any slaves taken to the UK would become Free) but was allowed in the colonies.
>>
>>71450650
We're talking about slavery as a legal institution in the 13 Colonies, not slavery as a whole you dipshit
>>
>>71450770
"I AIN'T PAYING SHIT"

-FBI Director and raging faggot J. Edgar Hoover
>>
>>71443892
As a humble syrup nigger of the north, I wish my ancestors were slaves. I had to give back my TN visa, leave California and return to the cuckified frozen hellhole we call Canada
>>
>>71441997

I ain't got not plata, but you can have some plomo. Only catch is I have to give it to you at about 1,200 feet per second.
>>
I'm all for it. I mean. Shits hitting the fan. Lets go out with a bang. I don't feel like doing the math but pass a 10 trillion dollar reparations bill. The fall out from that. Holy fuck. The happening.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.