[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the navy so gay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 18
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 735x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 735x637
I see people wearing these uniforms on my why to work and I want to laugh at them. They actually think they're serving their country. I was never in the military, but I respect the Army and Marine Corps. But the Chair Force and Chairvy are a bunch of welfare queens.

>Navy looks to remove 'man' from all job titles
http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2016/01/07/navy-looks-remove-man-all-job-titles/78415190/
>>
whats the difference between navy and marines
>>
File: alpha.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
alpha.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>i see people on way to my shitty job and wish I was one of them but instead shitpost on the atari chatroom

the thread
>>
>>71431961
all american army is gay desu
>>
>>71432174
Marines operate under the Dept. of the Navy. think of marines like soldiers that stay on boats just incase we need people on a beach yesterday
>>
>"I was never in the military"
Please leave
>>
>>71432174
There isn't one, people don't understand that the Marines are a department of the navy. The Marines are just amphibious infantry, but as a different branch of the armed forces they think they are different
>>
The navy is probably 60 to 80% of our pushing weight you ducking moron

Have you ever heard of power projection

I replied
>>
>>71432174
They fight. They do the navy's dirty work, so fat chicks can sit on a boat.
>>
>>71431961
The navy is probably one of the most respectable of the branches, as it's the ONLY military branch that is allowed to remain standing by the constitution. Every other branch is only supposed to be raised at times of war.
>>
>>71432430
Retards don't understand logistics
>>
>>71431961
Most are in because they want college paid for, not because they want to serve their country. Every branch is like that, there are even some retards who join the Marines for benefits.
>>
>>71431961
>Chairvy
That's just not how puns work.
>>
>>71431961

>Seabees
>SEALs
>EOD
>SWCC
>FMF Hospital Corpsmen

Shouldn't generalize, there's some hardcore people in the Navy.
>>
>>71432430
it's painful trying to explain the concept of sea power and it's effect on geopolitics/economics to most people, they think all that shit died with wooden ships.
>>
Why do they wear camo though? It's not as if they are going to hide in the ocean, or conceal themselves in the waves on the beach. It's a pretty stupid uniform choice.

Not that the ol' sailor suit isn't just precious and gay as shit. They should have just hired Hugo Boss to design a uniform and been done with...something, something, trench coat.
>>
>>71431961
>I was never in the military

/thread
>>
>>71431961

>performance mock turtleneck

how is this different from a regular mockturtle neck
>>
>>71432873
>>71432873
Much respect for seabees. I worked with them in Port Hueneme, Ca. Underrated bunch.
>>
>>71433134
They have multiple uniforms. Probably still have the blue jeans work uniform.
see this>>71432873
>>
File: utilities.jpg (96 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
utilities.jpg
96 KB, 300x450
>>71433499
BDUs replaced utilities

can't imagine why they would want a change
>>
>>71432689

The navy built this problem themselves, though.

If you don't get promoted every few years, you're shoved out.

So we lose our most experienced seamen who could make a career out of service.
>>
>>71433278
It's an assault mock turtleneck because of the pattern
>>
>>71433278
It's built to increase your performance stat by +2
>>
>>71433633

I hated the janitor uniform so much. Unfortunately I was discharged before the new uniforms came out.

but after I got into FMSS I never had to wear the janitor uniform anymore, thankfully.
>>
>>71431961
>was never in the military
>using military insults to insult the military

I've pulled wounded members of every branch off the battlefield and evac'd them. Please stop spewing shit from that worthless hole you call a mouth or put yourself 6 feet deep.
>>
>>71432262
can someone translate this banana speak pls?
>>
>>71433920

Pretty much this.

Civvies are the absolute worst and the most entitled.

/thread
>>
>>71432600
>it's the ONLY military branch that is allowed to remain standing by the constitution

That's not what the constitution says. Constitutional a naval force can be managed by the army.

>The navy is probably one of the most respectable of the branches

Not according to the American people.
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/23/army-most-important-marines-most-prestigious-poll-/
>>
>>71433920

>my life decisions have been so shitty that you're not allowed talk about how shitty they were because of my feelings >:(
>>
All the Navy faggots in here doing damage control is hilarious.

"You don't know what it's like to be in the military, bro. You don't know just how insanely wide my asshole had to gape to fit all those cocks on those lonely Navy nights. Civvies will just never understand the sacrifices our sphincters gave for the freedom they enjoy. While they were balls deep in pussy I was filling my prostate with genetic material, just so that they could live another day and crush another puss. It's all for them, and they don't even care."

The Navy is just one giant homosexual joke and if you were real men you'd serve in the Army/Air-Force
>>
>>71432174
Navy does navy stuff. Project power from the seas, patrol the oceans.
The Marine Corps is part of the Department of the Navy, meaning that their civilian leadership is the same, Marines are treated by Navy doctors, Marines are awarded Navy medals, Marine pilots are called naval aviators, etc. The Marine Corps is used as the U.S. Military's shock troops, able to be deployed nearly anywhere in the world within a few days and sustain themselves for a period of time in combat before reinforcements arrive.
>>
Here's how it actually works:
>Navy is force projection, they pretty much act as a way to keep the punks such as China in line, they get rowdy, we park a carrier group of the coast that reminds them that they'll get their shit wrecked
>Marines are actually part of the Navy, we keep them on the boats in case we need some psychos with a death wish to storm a beach and cause general chaos
>The Army is basically a mixture of really fancy security guards and all the cool mechanized tech that we like to flaunt, basically the marines tear a bunch of ass through an area, and then the Army moves in to occupy, not to say that there isn't some badasses in the Army such as Airborne, Rangers, etc.
>The Air Force is basically the overall shield for most of the branches, while the Navy and Marines have their own fleets, the Air Force helps act as the general support structure for Air Superiority
>>
File: spookyboys.jpg (74 KB, 1266x844) Image search: [Google]
spookyboys.jpg
74 KB, 1266x844
>>71434858
>a fucking leaf
>talking about reaming assholes

shocking
>>
File: V&.jpg (118 KB, 646x367) Image search: [Google]
V&.jpg
118 KB, 646x367
>>71434858
>The Navy is just one giant homosexual joke and if you were real men you'd serve in the Army/Air-Force

You've been reported, I hope Justin Trudeau makes you enjoy all the muslim cocks that will enrich your anus after you are arrested.
>>
>>71435211
>>71435412
>he doesn't deny the rampant faggotry
>he shitposts about leafs instead
>because deep down he knows it's true
>he remembers getting split down the middle by Tyrone and friends in the Gulf of Adan
>he fondly fantasizes about the time Dirty Mike and the Boys took him down to the hold
>he can perfectly describe the first upper-rank dick he sucked
>he still hasn't washed the cumstains off his uniform because he smiles when he passes his hand over the crusty remnants of better days
>>
Navy and Air Force became irrelevant after the atomic age began

Unless you're a pilot

There will never be another naval campaign like during ww2

There will never be another air force campaign like ww2

Ww2 was the last war the navy and air force will ever be relevant again

Hell the coast guard is doing more than the navy nowadays
>>
>>71431961
Never been in the Navy, or the Military, but I'm sure they do some important shit. Just imagine not having a navy or a military. Don't you think we would be a little fucked by now?
>>
File: 1384098509524.jpg (135 KB, 800x1161) Image search: [Google]
1384098509524.jpg
135 KB, 800x1161
>>71431961
>Navy looks to remove 'man' from all job titles
As much as I hate to say it, they're trying to force this shit in the Marines, too.

I really do respect the Marines the most out of all the branches, though. For as much shit as they get from everybody, they've been the only branch actively fighting all of the PC SJW "muh women in combat" bullshit. They are very strong in their convictions, tradition, and mentality, and don't like the idea of letting the DoD walk all over that (like the other branches let happen to them).
>>
Can someone explain why do they wear shitty blue camo and not orange safety vests or some high visibility equipment? Isnt the biggest threat to them falling to water?
>>
>all these faggots who think the airforce is still about piloting aircraft.
>>
File: 1461042043298.png (1 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1461042043298.png
1 MB, 1200x800
>>71431961
Army vet here (11B).
It would be kind of hard for the Army and Marine Corps to do their jobs without them, but you're an ignorant troll who's too lazy to do any research so I understand your confusion.
>>
>>71435703

there'd be rampant high seas Piracy again. The US Navy having mastery of the seas keeps the trading lanes free of piracy. Look at the places our Navy DOESN'T go, off the east coast of Africa.. what happens? Somalian pirates.
>>
>>71432562
and yet smart people don't join marines for some reason...
>>
>>71436147

hides oil stains you get on ships.
>>
>>71431961
Greenside navy corpsman here
I do everything the Marines do plus a little more.
>>
>>71432873
My grandfather was a Seabee, and he's cool as fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 700x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 700x516
>>71431961
#facts
>>
>SEALs
>EOD
>Corpsman

>CCT
>JTAC
>EOD
>PJ
>SOWT

Alright, cuck
>>
>>71431961

I have known a few SEALs.

They are bros, most of them.

>Protip: Don't get married until you retire, anons.
>>
>>71431961
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw
>>
>>71436513
>>71436513
you're just a medic in a marine unit.
>>
>>71436987
Not to mention the Naval Air Force
>>
>>71436513

Marine grunts respect corpsmen. Ours went to college and became a SEAL zero.

Good guy.
>>
>>71437238
Who caries a gun and gets shot at and has the same physical standards
>>
>>71435553
You honestly think an aircraft carrier is useless? So its not useful to park off coast and be able to bomb shit in literally less than 10 minute notice? Or would you rather fly all the way across the pacific each time you wanted to blow shit up? All of the other ships in the battle group exist to protect the carrier so we need those as well.
>>
Can't wait to wear the blue vidya camo. Enlisting this fall, qualified for everything, probably going into intelligence or IT.
>>
File: ohioreplace.jpg (203 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ohioreplace.jpg
203 KB, 1600x900
>>71431961
>a giant, phallic submarine carries the payload to completely glass half of Africa's coast
They're not gay, they're just blue balling and want to blow their loads.
>>
>>71435553
>Hell the coast guard is doing more than the navy nowadays

butthurt puddle pirate detected
>>
>>71437603
Do EOD
>>
>>71437515
>All of the other ships in the battle group exist to protect the carrier

No. Plane guard is only one mission of the Cruiser. And the subs have a strike mission also. The Destroyers have a variety of missions. Including VBSS.
>>
>>71437688
Yeah? Why do you suggest?
>>
File: 1459234966184.png (144 KB, 420x280) Image search: [Google]
1459234966184.png
144 KB, 420x280
>>71431961

Hey, navylosers, I kind of want to join the reserves as an officer since I'm rich and don't do anything (solves that real job problem many reservists seem to have) and have always wanted to give back to my country. Will it be hard to get a commission and what do I actually have to do as a reservist?
>>
>>71431961
Uniforms should be intimidating to demoralize the enemy. Everyone laughs at western armies with their tidy uniforms.
>>
>>71437339
Some would argue higher physical standards because you carry a ton of gear and have to support someone else's body weight but some of these marines are so jacked it's highly unlikely I'd be able to out pt all of them
>>
>>71437863
>what do I actually have to do as a reservist?
literally not be a fatass
>>
File: US_NSWC_insignia.jpg (123 KB, 682x672) Image search: [Google]
US_NSWC_insignia.jpg
123 KB, 682x672
>>71431961
>Chairvy
They can do all they want to make it look PC, but in the background men tough as nails will fight to ensure your ability to shitpost
>>
>>71437863
I cant imagine a bigger fool than a (non-prior enlisted) Ensign in a reserve unit.

Possibly EDO is okay, I guess.

But you would be better off if you did 3 on active duty, even as a SWO. Work hard, pay attention, then get out into a reserve unit (where you will work a lot more days than they are paying you for if you are worth a shit).

/thread
>>
>>71438092
I only knew a few corpsmen who were as shit hot as an average Marine.

>but to be fair, those Corpsmen were some badass men
>>
>>71436438
navy teaches you things you can take into the civilian world with minimal self risk.

Martinis gives you PTSD and a skillset for killing people, pretty much limits it to law enforcement or contractor.
>>
>>71437752
You forgot the flagship hosting fancy dinners
>>
>>71434102
he called us a bunch of faggoos
>>
>>71438119

Sorry, I'm married on top of being rich so I don't really want to join for real and be a guaranteed cuck. Why is it bad to be a reserve ensign? Do the plebs just disrespect you more than an active duty ensign?
>>
I'm a former Navy SEAL and I'd like to see you say something to my face, OP.
>>
The navy is a fucking joke except for the SEALS. People join the navy looking to pay off college. This isn't to say people don't join the other branches for this reason, but it's really really fucking prevalent in the navy.

Marines > Army > Air Force > Navy

You sit on a fucking boat with other men jacking yourself off until you soak up the bennies. At least the Marines and Army are more likely to see straight action to justify taking the bennies.
>>
Navy is basis of American military power.
>>
File: ACU_Soldier2.jpg (1 MB, 798x1200) Image search: [Google]
ACU_Soldier2.jpg
1 MB, 798x1200
>>71437880
>Uniforms should be intimidating to demoralize the enemy.
If your uniforms are intimidating the enemy, it means they can see you, and if they can see you, then you have a problem.

(then there's the ACU, where not only can your enemy see you in just about every environment, but you're not intimidating in the slightest because it looks like you're wearing pajamas!)
>>
Fuck the khaki.
>>
>>71438315

>the plebs

OK. You are trolling.

But in the miniscule chance that you aren't, then fuck you.

Enlisted Navy men are almost guaranteed to be smarter than most of their officers.

And the good officers are not intimidated by that at all - they even like it that way.
>>
I'm going to t he navy in December at the latest, pRob ably sooner depending on my security clearance. I got a 99 asvab and I'm going nuke.

Should I volunteer for sub duty? Being underwater for half a year sounds gay
>>
>>71438649
Just worry about passing your tests.

Just worry about passing your tests.

If you are married, don't go nuke. She will never understand.

That is all.
>>
>>71438649
>sub duty

Enjoy the pubic lice.
>>
>>71434518
The people are wrong, the army is a bunch of literal retards.
>>
>>71438649
You fucking idiot. Stay the fuck out of the navy if you're trying to be a nuke. It's the worst job you can fucking do. Do some other job and be excellent at it or don't join at all. Also, learn to spell you chucklefuck asshole.
>>
>>71431961
>>Navy looks to remove 'man' from all job titles

Truly some wacky times we live in.
>>
>>71438938
How are they gonna do that, I'm interested?
>>
>>71438938
>>71438938

Cannot blame the Nav for that though.

The Obama Administration has ruined everything good about America.

Vote Trump, anons.

Vote Trump.

Maybe he can unfuck a portion of the mess.

MAGA
>>
I'm enlisting into the navy and already swore in 8)
>>
>>71431961
Navy is a mix of overweight do nothings and fit hard working men.

Aircraft Carrier Flight Deck crew bust their ass in desert heat for 14-16 hours a day 7 days a week, 7-10 months straight for shit pay. Nuclearfags also have shit working hours but more of a braniac job. They are working right now on the ISIS bombing missions.

Its more than your average Armyfag does, they are basically bullet sponges who only have a purpose during time of war but usually just sit around in Korea/Germany/USA fucking bitches.

However there are also a bunch of bullshit jobs in the Navy where everyone is fat and does basically nothing while collecting a paycheck. They are equal to Army tier welfare queens only a bit more intelligent.
>>
Sailor here, dont believe everything you see on that tabloid most of the time they are sensationalized. Before the Department of the Navy puts out a major change, it takes numerous years to finally take effect and has been fully vetted. As far as I know if it does pass and all the man names are gone, itll be shoved in our throat Rubio foam boi style. oh fucking well.
>>
File: 1459163358187.png (247 KB, 342x380) Image search: [Google]
1459163358187.png
247 KB, 342x380
>>71438571

I'm actually not trolling. My father served during Korea and my grandfather in the Atlantic during WWII and both told me to never go enlisted because you'll just end up a "peon" who does shit work, eats shit food, and sleeps in shit places for entitled motherfuckers, and that I should just become one of the motherfuckers straightaway if I /had/ to join. Stuff like this was usually told to me after stories like my father almost blowing a drunk ensign away for not answering his challenge when approached on watch.

Thank you for answering my questions, though.
>>
>>71439158

Then you cant back out if you have already sworn in.

Make the very best of it.

Never complain. Always do your best.

Realize you are not in control of your life.

Never get married while in uniform.

At least until you make Rear Admiral.

Serious as I can be about that.

Learn from my mistakes.
>>
>>71432328
>just in case we need someone on the beach yesterday
>yesterday

Much good, such true.
>>
>>71435010
Close, another main difference between marines and army is that the marines are a branch designed for battles, while the Army is meant for war.
Big difference between taking a beachhead and taking a country.
>>
What's officer life like in the navy ?
Is it just paperworks and a perma "no fun allowed" lifestyle?
>>
Not you sucking army dick because their uniforms are cooler

The army should be obsolete right now t b h
>>
>>71439929
>marines are a branch designed for battles, while the Army is meant for war.

A Commandant of the Marine Corps said as much, 20 or so years ago.

Marines go in anywhere at any time and can do a variety of missions. Marines can sustain themselves for a while, but will be happy as hell to see the bottoms of the boots of the 82nd Airborne jumping in (or whatever - I know some pundits say your jumping days are over).
>>
>>71438649
Same here except sept at the latest.
I volunteered for sub duty. I'm sure youve experienced the same shit I have. Some telling you that you're retarded, others that you're lucky and will love it.
Makes me a bit nervous though..
>>
>>71439957
>Is it just paperworks and a perma "no fun allowed" lifestyle?

Not onboard ship.

Except the no fun part.

Unless work and study are fun to you. Then yes.
>>
>>71437880
But it also dehumanizes you. Which do you think demoralized iraqi soldiers more: having to fire at masked iranian commandos, or having to fire at a human wave attack of barely armed child martyr soldiers?

Shooting at inhuman monsters feels right. Shooting at humans feels wrong.
>>
>>71439086
Probably slap on the word specialist or technician to everything.
>>
File: Green Beret SEAL.png (397 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
Green Beret SEAL.png
397 KB, 500x432
>>71431961
>I was never in the military,

well there ya go, OP is confirmed for a faggot and a wanna be

OP instead of concentrating on the service, consider what that career field that person is in.

protip - that will tell you if they are chairborn
>>
The Navy.

An office job on a boat.
>>
>>71438911
Why ya say that??
>>
>>71436918

>AF more SF than the USMC
derp
>>
>>71440691
I'm guessing this guy has a bit of money and an overactive eBay account
>>
>>71438251
>>71432376
retards spewing retard shit
>>71433355
I'm sitting in bldg 1100 in Port Hueneme right now.
>>
>>71431961
Navy is actually the most important branch in the military in terms of logistics and projecting power.
>>
File: Austria.jpg (429 KB, 1615x598) Image search: [Google]
Austria.jpg
429 KB, 1615x598
>>71438547
true, why didn't you choose multicam instead?
It looks and works better.
>>
>>71441521
http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/careers/army/2015/07/01/new-acu-onsale-today/29562397/
The powers-that-be agree with you.
>>
>>71438547
Just 3 more years until that color/pattern is phased out!
>>
>>71433786
Keked'
>>
>>71435553
>he forgot about GW1

The air war is literally the reason there were so few allied casualties.
The iraqi army was the 4th largest in the world and the 6th largest air force, it had real force behind it but the joint forces air campaign completely rekt any chance the iraqis had to hold kuwait
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.